Amin Home Improvement Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since September 2007

3616 14th Ave 1st Fl

Brooklyn, NY 11218

Amin Home Improvement Inc. is a fast growing construction company in the Tri-State New York City area. By combining our expertise and hard labor, we are providing quality services on brownstone properties for their complete exterior restoration. We are determined to provide you with our experience and expertise that ranges over 15 years! Along with working with the NYC Landmark Preservation Commission, our mission is to continue to restore and preserve historical Brownstone and Limestone properties to its original grandeur. We do full and COMPLETE renovations to serve all of your needs!!...

06/24/2019

KEITH H.

This takes a long time (six months) between tear off, undercoats, and finish coat--partly because undercoats have to cure, partly because of weather, and partly because of contractor's other jobs. More communication about state of progress would have been helpful.

Description of Work
Complete brownstone facade, 4 stories, including stoop and cornice repair

08/25/2015

Roger W.

Stoop looks good. Wall adjacent to stairs down to basement already has significant cracks. It was a tough winter but I'm disappointed. It took them a long time to complete the work, but no longer than other contractors who do this kind of work. They take on more projects than they can finish in a reasonable time. As a result, they are spread thin, especially since the work is weather-dependent. So many nice days go by with no work done. When they do show up, they work quickly and professionally. Just be prepared that the project that looks like it should take a few weeks will take a few months.

Description of Work
Resurfaced stoop, resurfaced under stoop and along stairs to basement in landmark building. Also resurfaced steps down to basement in back yard.

08/14/2015

colleen S.

The job was done on time and extremely professionally. All Amin staff are well-trained and do excellent cleanup after themselves. The owners are hands on from start to finish of any job. They take pride in quality work.

Description of Work
The provider restored back wall of garage, removed old rock garden, created new patio.

03/20/2015

Novella R.

There was a warranty of 8-10 years on the work. We're only 3 years from the start of the work. And I already have a leak again. The theroseal coating has broken already. There is a huge opening. I called their business phone number and their phone was disconnected. I called the cell phone on our contract and they denied ever doing the work. I accidently called them back a while later and they screamed at me saying "WHY ARE YOU CALLING US AGAIN? WE JUST SPOKE TO YOU!" It appears that they have no intention on honoring the warranty.

Description of Work
They redid the whole side of my house and waterproofed it.

10/11/2014

Patricia M.

We requested proposals for rear facade pointing and cement wash repairs, downspout replacement, fire escape painting, front cornice painting and some front pointing repairs. The scope grew a bit as our co-op better understood the issues, requiring a revised bid. Mr. Amin was very responsive with both bids and to all of our questions. We ultimately went with another contractor, but it was a close decision. We would consider Amin Home Improvements for future projects.

Description of Work
Amin Home Improvements submitted bids for exterior masonry/repairs work for our 4-story/4-unit co-op.

Category masonry, house painters, interior painters

07/11/2014

Kenneth A.

He did not show or call. At 11:15 I called his office answering machine again giving him my name, Tel. No. and complete address and asked if he was coming later or wanted to reschedule. I heard nothing Monday I went on his contact web site and again left the same info and asked him to have the courtesy to at least call me. Again nothing and I am retired and was always home to receive a call and also have an answering machine that lets me know all the calls coming in. After going back and reading more reviews I must be the sixth or seventh person to experience this Company's lack of professionalism and courtesy. Maybe Angie List should check all the reviews and decide whether this Company be given your seal of approval.

Description of Work
I called and spoke to Nurul Amin and HE made an appointment to give me an estimate Saturday July 5th at 10:30.

04/14/2014

Louis W.

They were conscientious, on time, and there were no surprises. There were a few things I noticed after I had paid and work was completed. They were more than happy to come out, assess the situation, and fix any problems that there were. I highly recommend them. They were really great to work with.

Description of Work
They redid the stucco facade on our building. Filled in all the cracks and did woodwork.

Category plastering

03/14/2014

Suresh W.

I received better estimate from another contractor.He was late for the appointment but they were very nice.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate

01/07/2014

NORMA LEE C.

Generally, it went well! Since my husband and I are in a similar industry (painters/carpenters for theatre scenery) we were probably more aware of process than most of their clients. I would give them an A- on painting in general and they did a good job overall. I would not hire them again, only because we hope to not need this done again. I am also too sensitive to the oil paints used, and had a reaction from it. Not their fault, though.

Description of Work
Amin came and did a bid for us on painting all our exterior ironwork, including a three story fire escape on our brownstone. I do not remember the charges, therefore I did not put that in.

11/13/2013

paul S.

My experience was good with them over a year ago for painting rooms. Their price was reasonable, it was a good quality, and they did a good job.

Description of Work
I used Amin Home Improvements Inc. for interior painting.

Category interior painters

10/29/2013

Edward B.

We chose Amin Home Improvements on the basis of their record on Angie's List, and were not disappointed. Their proposal was competitive (not the lowest) but was very specific about what they would do, including number of coats of paint and brand of paint. The fact that they specified Benjamin Moore impressed me as an architect; it's always among the top-rated for performance. As an architect as well as an owner I'm picky about workmanship. Amin was entirely satisfactory, prompt, neat, and pleasant at all times. They also painted all the metalwork in front of the building (fencing, window grilles, even light fixtures). The brownstone was the least attractive one on the block. Now it's the most.

Description of Work
Repaired deteriorated Brooklyn brownstone facade, primed and painted same.

Category masonry, house painters

09/02/2013

Michael T.

Mediocre workmanship - for instance: the back was to be built with a grade to drain - while there is a grade, it's inconsistent and the water pools in center/rear of yard - that is SIMPLE work to assure and sloppy concrete work. There is also concrete splattered on the walls and windows in the back (a little on front too) This team is a low-end contractor and i would not recommend or employ in the future I believe for my job they were lacking in experience and expertise, THOUGH the workers were very hard working

Description of Work
Bluestone and concrete the back and front of a park slope brownstone

07/29/2013

Dan S.

It was higher than what we had anticipated. They were very professional and very courteous but we did not hire them. He measured it. He was quite thorough. It was because of the higher bid that we didn't hire them but they came highly recommended not just from Angie's List but from around our neighborhood. They are absolutely A. We had no complaints about them. They responded right away.

Description of Work
We got a quote from Amin Home Improvements Incorporated for redoing our front stairs.

Category concrete repair, masonry

07/18/2013

Takeisha T.

We weren't actually sure if the person diagnosed the problem properly. The estimate was incorrect for the problem. They were professional, they just weren't as knowledgeable as they should have been.

Description of Work
We needed basement waterproofing and Amin Home Improvements gave us an estimate on what they would do.

Category basement waterproofing

05/26/2013

Denise H.

I left a message and my phone call was returned promptly. We made an appointment and the workers were on time. They removed the old deck and replaced it in one day. They took away all of the debris and left my backyard clean. I was very satisfied and would use him again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Took down old deck and built a new deck

Category concrete repair

05/20/2013

Thom D.

e were very pleased with the work of Amin Home Improvement. Their crews were punctual, professional and took the care to make sure curing concrete was covered when rain threatened. As promised in their estimate, the company also confirmed that the violation was cleared on the city records and I received confirmation of that resolution. I should note that the estimate for the sidewalk was a bit higher than those my neighbors had seen, until I realized their work had not included curb replacement, which I required. As Amin replaced the sidewall of my basement stairwell, I was particularly pleased with the quality of the stone used to cap that wall. I should acknowledge we have developed a very slight crack across a portion of the sidewalk -- but I frankly attribute that to three-plus years of wear-and-tear on the concrete since we had this job done rather than to any shortcoming in the work of Amin Home Improvement. This company's constant presence in our neighborhood is further testimony to the quality of their work.

Description of Work
After receiving an unwelcome notice of a sidewalk violation from NYC, I surveyed neighbors who had their sidewalks replaced and realized that many had used the same contractor, Amin Home Improvement, for sidewalk and other masory work. Mr. Amin gave me a very clear estimate for the following: " the old sidewalk to be demolished and a new 4-inch sidewalk, including curb, to be built with double wire mesh and cement concrete. Also violations to be removed." $3,100. In addition, I asked for the estimate to include the following: "Wall repair -- basement level side wall, damaged bricks and stone to be replaced." $450. This is the side wall of a basement stairwell.

04/23/2013

Elizabeth W.

We were very happy with them. They did what they said they would do for the price and there were no problems with the work. They were professional too.

Description of Work
We used Amin Home Improvements for a facade work on our front and back.

Category decks

02/25/2013

Zuzana C.

No work performed

Description of Work
No work performed

Category masonry, interior painters

12/31/2012

Ted L.

When I was able to get a hold of them, their pricing was higher than any other bids I received. Had another company do the job.

Description of Work
I contacted them because I wanted some masonry work done. Pavers and a p**** fence area.

Category masonry, hardscaping

11/12/2012

Jody B.

Our Co-Op building was badly in need of repairs to the parapet walls, and back and side walls of the building. We had been having bad leaks into the back apts. and I was getting conflicting information from many contractors. Mr. Amin was thorough, professional and employed a good crew. They did excellent work and stopped the leaks, as he'd promised. He kept me informed, was easy to contact, and got my consent when he discoverd additional work that needed to be done and was very cooperative about arranging a payment schedule. I will definately use him again.

Description of Work
Masonry work on parapet, back and side walls of a 16 unit Co-Op to stop leaks in the back apts. Replaced Ceramic Coping Stones where needed, opened and filled cracks, replacing brick where needed, rebuilt part of parapet wall, re-stuccoed and reapplied flashing to inside parapet walls, replaced lintels, where needed.

10/08/2012

Barbara R.

We were very pleased with their work. I would recommend them to anyone looking for masonry-type work.

Description of Work
They filled our back retaining wall.

10/02/2012

anna P.

They were good. They came the day that they told me they would, and they were on time. I didn’t use them, but I used somebody else that my friends recommended; I asked my friends who they use for this and that, and it happened that the person came over, so I used him. I still asked Amin Home Improvements Inc. to come over, and they told me the same as the person that I used. The price they quoted was more or less around the same range of about $1500.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Amin Home Improvements Inc. for brick pointing.

09/13/2012

David N.

I received a complete and detailed estimate. All work as done very well. They were thorough and did everything. Also, they left no mess.

Description of Work
Painted the front and back exterior of a brownstone row house. First scraped old paint and did any repairs. Then painted. Also repaired and painted front stairs and painted all metal work.

Category masonry, house painters

09/06/2012

Patricia P.

There was a hole under the gutter, which they had to take down and fill in the hole they found. They had to knock down a wall that water damage and replastered it. They also made a slot for a window. They then repainted the entire kitchen. They also plastered 3 ceilings, they did a great job and they look brand new. I thought the price was reasonable, and they did some extra things that they did not charge me for. They cleaned up and vacuumed everyday before they left.

Description of Work
I had water coming in that roofers were not able to find. This company was able to locate the leak right away

Category plastering, roofing, water damage restoration, interior painters

08/18/2012

Vishnu D.

This company is a joke. I called and made an appointment. After they did not show up, they told me they forgot and said that a relative also had a similar business and that they would come over instead. At that point it really sounded like a scam and so I declined. Vishnu.

Description of Work
Did not choose this contractor.