18th Ave Plumbing Heating and Cooling

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2011

3.5

7602 18th AVE

Brooklyn, NY 11214

We are proud to serve and support our community. We continuously train our team members to meet your plumbing needs efficiently and expertly in order to save you time, money and hassle. We are particularly proud of all the great comments we receive from our customers, it's our top priority to provide the best customer service of any plumbing and heating company. We look forward to serving you and speaking with in person and on the web....

06/02/2017

JOHN C.

I live within walking distance of the the address listed for the plumber, they called the morning of the scheduled work and said the truck broke down, they would send another plumber, he called several hours later to say he was in Queens and would be there in two hours. When he came he could not get the faucet handles off the shower so he had to cut them off, he installed a washer for each, I had a small leak in the upstairs shower too, he said he would take a look at that one, fortunately he was able to get that handle off and put a washer on the seat, it was not the correct one and it still leaks. When he was finished he said the charge was $200 per hour for 2 hours plus $85 service call fee. At no time was I informed of the rate, if I knew that I would have had him stop after an hour. I paid the $485, he then came back 10 minutes later and said he forgot to charge me the tax, so it was another $43. So in total I paid over $500 for three washers and I still had to purchase and install myself two new shower faucet handles and one of the faucets still leaks. The plumber was a hard worker but I should have been told about the $200/hour rate.

Description of Work
Had a dripping shower faucet, needed washers replaced

Category plumbing

06/02/2017

JOHN C.

The plumber is about two blocks from where I live, the office called to say his truck broke down and t hey were sending another plumber from Queens, two hours later her showed up. The shower handle was stuck the plumber had to saw it off, once off he replaced the seat washer this took about 45-50 minutes. I had another leaky shower handle in the upstairs bathroom. the plumber was able to remove the handle but did not have a washer that fit the seat said the seat was "old". Put a new washer which also leaked, this took about 20 minutes. Was informed after everything was done that the rate was $200/hr all times are rounded up so I paid $400 for two washers, and I had to but a new handle to replace the one that was sawed off. The he returned 10 minutes later to say he forgot to charge tax and I had t pay another $42. I I had known the hourly rate before I would have had him stop after an hour.

Description of Work
leaky shower handle

Category plumbing

Petro Home Services

With over 100 years experience, we know how to keep you comfortable, safe and help you save on energy costs. Our local 24/7 customer service and support means automatic heating oil deliveries and our service response is always fast. We never run out of heating oil plus our pricing and payment plans are designed to help you manage your costs all year round. Experience the Petro difference today!

Heatspan

Emergency Heating Service Twenty four hours a day, Seven days a week. Residential Gas Boiler Service, Maintenance & Repairs.

A&J General Construction

A & J Construction is based in Brooklyn, specializing in construction management and general contracting. Since we've started, we've grown from a local organization serving the construction needs of our clients, to a corporation.A & J Construction has been building and remolding structures with quality workmanship and the highest standards. We are proud to renounce that we have earned a reputation of most skilled craftsmanship. At A & J Construction.we have talented specialist with widely diverse experience enable us to work effectively with any project team on all phases of construction, renovation to restoration. The A & J Construction team strives for maximum satisfaction at all times. At the forefront of our ever-changing industry, we are constantly exploring and developing new technologies and methods. Our innovation and creativity enable us to translate a client’s dream into reality while keeping a solid focus on affordability. At A & J Construction we begin our projects with Professionalism, honesty, integrity, and efficiency.

Bath Tubs, Boilers, Cleaning, Installation & Service, Cooling; Dishwasher, Refrigerators & Stoves, Drain Cleaning; Drain Clogs, Drain Repair, Faucets, Heating, Leak Repair, Pipe Bursts, Plumbing, Septic Tanks, Showers, Sinks, Storm Drains, Toilets