Asher The Handyman

Founded 1990 • With Angi since June 2011

2607 E 11 st brooklyn ny

Brooklyn Ny, NY 11235

We are a full service handyman company in business for over 25+ years. Small home improvements to full renovations! . We handle it all with just a call! Professional, Affordable, Reliable Service For Your Home or Office. Please call me today Asher 646-872-9058...

11/03/2019

Dustin C.

Asher was so exceptionally easy to work with. When presented with the problem in our wall, he knew exactly what he would need to do, which materials it would require, how long it would take him and he gave a very reasonable quote. He was able to come and make the repair only two days after initial contact. He was courteous with my tenant and respectful of her space and time. The quality of the work is excellent and I have no doubt that this issue will not be a recurring one. I will gladly hire Asher again for any small or large repair our apartment might need.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category drywall, handyman service

08/23/2018

James R.

Very well and he is very easy to deal with

Description of Work
Door installation, closet enclosure, awning power wash

Category picture framing, gutter repair, handyman service, woodworking, doors

08/13/2018

Dolores J.

He's very nice and did the job very well. His price was fair. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
I had wallpaper that had to be taken down in my bathroom. He also installed a new vanity.

Category wallpaper removal, home remodeling

05/23/2018

DONNA C.

Very well............he came and completed job in one day

Description of Work
outside painting

05/05/2018

louise and robert C.

Asher did 11 doors 1 set of 2 per door, removing the old set and adding the new hinges. He did the same with the magnets. He was on time, neat and detailed. We will call him again. Very satisfied with his work at our home.

Description of Work
Hinges and magnets on kitchen cabinet doors

10/27/2017

Jimmy G.

Perfect. Asher came first to assess the repair and I could already tell from his assessment that he had a lot of experience and knew what he was doing. He came the very next day to fix our floors. He was punctual and diligent, fixing our floors in one day. We are very satisfied with his work and would highly recommend him to anyone that needs floor repairs.

Description of Work
Our bathroom floor was torn open to fix a leak.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, handyman service

09/20/2017

Eleonaro H.

They were ok. They work was neat and thorough. It took 45 minutes to an hour. They left it clean.

Description of Work
Plastering.

Category plastering

06/13/2017

Jazmin T.

My husband texted Asher on Monday night after we had several leaks from pipes under the kitchen sink. Asher responded immediately to our text and agreed to come the next day. He was prompt, fixed the leaks and installed the kitchen spray nozzle as well. Would recommend!

Description of Work
Fixed kitchen leaks and replaced some pipes, installed the spray nozzle

Category handyman service, drain cleaning

04/17/2017

Kathleen S.

Asher is great. He stopped by to look at the problem and discuss how to fix it (buying a few bricks, getting mortar). Almost every brick had become loose from kids jumping on them. I figured a construction company would tell me I had to remove and replace the whole thing, so I called Asher because I preferred to do it on the cheap. He did a great job remounting the bricks and finishing up the broken ends.

Description of Work
The brick work around my tree was disintegrating.

03/02/2017

Connie C.

I searched on Angie's List and read reviews and deals provided by six or seven companies and handymen. Asher The Handyman's reviews were very positive, especially regarding his promptness, thoroughness, and price that fits the job. I called him around 4 pm on a Tuesday. He picked up right away and after explaining the situation he asked me to text him some photos, which I did and he gave me a very reasonable quote. My mom kept boxes of the original tiles that were purchased 15 years earlier which made things easier. We also agreed that the price may change if the damage is more extensive. When we discussed timing, he asked if the weekend would work and I told him that it would be really best if he could come sooner like the next day because I couldn't stay in Manhattan that long and I didn't want the problem to fester. He immediately agreed to come the next morning between 10 am and 11 am. Asher got here on time. I met him at the parking garage and helped him carry a few things up to the apt. He went straight to work, assessing that the damage was not more extensive (i.e., the quote stuck), and worked steadily over the next few hours, even going to a hardware store nearby, and got the job done quickly. I highly recommend him. I found out after his arrival when we were chatting that he had just returned to the US after a month abroad the morning of my call (6 am) and later when he was leaving I learned that he also had important business to take care of the next morning. He went out of his way to accommodate my needs. When I texted him right after we agreed on the job to clarify what I heard over the phone, he responded right away and asked me to take more photos and tell him what I was seeing. Instead of just cement behind the faucet it was moisture resistant drywall (standard 15 years ago) that was crumbling and he agreed to bring cement backer board plus the right kind of screws, etc. Call Asher when you need help with your shower or bathroom. He'll get the job done well, on time, and to the quote. Thank you Asher!

Description of Work
A row and a half of ceramic tiles in my mom's shower were loose around the faucet and the adjoining long wall.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

thank you, it was my pleasure.

01/07/2017

Lakshmi S.

Very well! Asher was very skilled and efficient. He did an excellent job. I'm extremely pleased with all his work. My apartment is now looking great, thanks to Asher!

Description of Work
Quite a few things: hanging curtains, hanging pictures, hanging a couple of tapestries, assembling a clothes rack, and assembling a bookcase.

08/30/2016

Rinette J.

He did well, the work was not as precise as I would have liked but her was personable and touched up where ever I needed.

Description of Work
Hanging curtain rods, pressure wash the front of my house, paint a half bath.

08/23/2016

brian W.

Asher was very professional during our initial phone contact. He arrived at the time he said he would and was very friendly. The day was very humid but he was a trooper, thanks Asher. He even pointed out a gas leak I was unable to smell, even more thank you. I'll definitely seek his services again.

Description of Work
Needed some vertical blinds to be hung along with a very heavy mirror and a cosmetic addition to a piece of furniture.

07/10/2016

Jeffrey C.

The shelves are perfect: level, well positioned and done fast. The pictures are securely up - Ashley got involved in in the process in and was extremely patient and helpful as we changed our minds and repositioned many of the pictures. Curtain rod was quickly solely in place. All the moving went well with no bumping or damage of any kind. The mirror and dress are solid and looking great. The cameras are well positioned and working great.

Description of Work
Set up 80 feet of shelving. Hung 50 pictures. Set up curtain rod and curtains. Moved 15 heavy boxes downstairs. Moved 6 large wardrobe boxes to the basement. Moved 1 bookcase from the basement. Repositioned 2 dresser and dresser-top sets. Moved various other furniture. Repaired vintage mirror and attached to vintage dresser. Installed 3 security cameras.

Category handyman service, woodworking

06/25/2016

Darrelle F.

Mr. Asher was a pleasure to work with. He was quite experienced and knowledgeable. His carpentry work was neat and well done. Will use him again.

Description of Work
Repaired and refitted several doors and latches. Installed a transom; re-aligned a dishwasher.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

05/13/2016

Jayne C.

Not only did he come quickly to give us a free fair estimate, but it was obvious that mister Adry is quite knowledgeable about all aspects of home repair. He purchased the supplies we needed, and when the work was done, everything was swept, cleaned, and looked beautiful. We would not hesitate to recommend Asher Adry to family and friends.

Description of Work
He did painting, spackling, and caulking inside and outside of the house.

01/09/2016

Greg D.

Asher is skilled in many areas - carpentry, plumbing, appliances - which allowed him to tackle a number of issues in our house. He is also very pleasant to work with - we will work with him for all our needs moving forward.

Description of Work
Redirected gas/plumbing and installed washer/dryer. Realigned several doors and fixed leaking sink and toilet.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

01/02/2016

Josue G.

Person who answered the phone said it was too early and hung up! Guess they don't want my business.

Description of Work
Was trying to call to see if they could do a bathroom project.

Category handyman service

Maybe it was too early (just a hint). Calling people at 7 am on Saturday. I would say that you have a bigger problem, than your bathroom condition. Good luck.

12/03/2015

Megan N.

Asher was great. He was punctual, communicated with me via phone and text easily and was professional. He came to give me an estimate shortly after our first email exchange and right then and there gave me a plan of action and took measurements and gave me a quote. He showed up on time to do the job and got straight to work busting up the old windowsill and concrete. He had everything that he needed with him and worked quickly. At the end of day one he told me the plan for the next day, cleaned up everything and left the kitchen tidy. Again, he was on time the second day. He even called me to let me know he was in the neighborhood but was having trouble parking and would be there as soon as possible. I really appreciated that. He did a beautiful job on the windowsill and the paint job is great. And, he stayed on budget! Amazing! I am extremely happy with his services and will definitely be calling him again soon as we are moving to a place that needs lots of work. As an aside, he was very nice to me and especially to my crazy 21 month old who was running around the apartment. That meant something to me. Thanks Asher!

Description of Work
Asher removed and replaced an old, broken stone windowsill in my kitchen with a lovely new wooden windowsill. He also plastered and painted my entire kitchen.

Category handyman service, plastering, replacement windows, interior painters

thank you , the pleasure is all mine.

11/16/2015

Todd P.

We are happy with everything he has done in our home.

Description of Work
Asher has done a number of things for us including sheet-rocking our entire basement ceiling which also included some electrical installation. He recently helped correct a plumbing company's poor job on our bathtub pipes. Asher always gives you an honest, no nonsense assessment of the work to be done. And his prices are very reasonable.

10/07/2015

brian S.

Had a hole int he shower wall from a replaced valve. He came in on time and was able to patch and tile it relatively quickly, matching the existing tile fairly well (generic 4-1/4 white). Also patch a pretty large sheetrock hole in an exterior wall, and did one layer of spackle/plaster. The drywall repair wasn't as straight as i would have liked (slight bulge), but since the exterior masonry had structural fasteners protruding into the plane of the drywall, I'm not sure how he could have avoided it. once the plaster was sanded down and painted you can't even tell.

Description of Work
Repaired hole in a bathroom wall/tile. Repaired hole in sheetrock wall (approx 6sf)

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, plastering, home remodeling

09/05/2015

Gisele L.

I planned to do tis project during my vacation and contacted this provider. He has not been available for two weeks. I contacted him again two weeks later, but received an appointment only in another two weeks.The price he gave me over the phone was unreasonably high for the type of work required. My vacation is already over now. The work is not done. I wouldn't recommend this provider to anybody.

Description of Work
I needed to replace a sink (only the top portion) without any plumbing job and a medicine cabinet.

Category handyman service

No plumbing involved? Install the faucet in the sink and the drain that's not plumbing? And you are willing to pay $100 for me to replace the sink and the medicine cabinet. Wow. Thank you. Next time I let my customers decide how much should I charge for my work? Otherwise they are going to write a bad review. Bad joke. Seek help lady. Good luck.

08/09/2015

James G.

Asher was a true professional & did all of the work correctly and on budget. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Shelf & Blind Installation

07/31/2015

Andres R.

Asher arrived promptly and performed quality work, including mounting shelves, hanging artwork and stabilizing my dishwasher. I'm looking forward to working with him in the future.

Description of Work
Mounted shelves, hung artwork, stabilized dishwasher.

07/27/2015

Matt H.

Asher was great. On time, professional, friendly and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Various odd jobs -- replastering and painting sheet rock, testing and installing new light fixtures, fixing broken fence and gate door, regrouting tiles. Also moved a hinge and rehung a heavy door.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, fencing, handyman service, plastering, interior painters, doors

Vital Construction, Corp.

Smart General Contracting Corp

smart General contracting corp is a Newyork based construction company .we doing your job right first time with the experince of many yeares .we are specialize in the restoration of commercial and residential buildings & houses .our services include Roofing, Driveways, sidwalk, brick work, concrete, steps, brick pointing ,stones & pavers, lintlel replacement ,paint, pressure wash, thoroseal, retaing wall, brick face , doors and windowsour company is fully licensed and insured. we believe that when our customer succeed we succeed.

Lapietra Contracting Corp

Our company was founded by the former President Salvatore Messina. Mr. Messina instilled in all his employees a superb work ethic and a sense of pride in their accomplishments. These principals are carried out today through Mr. Messina's son Patsy. Patsy Messina is the current President and owner of Lapietra Contracting Corp. Now in its second generation of family ownership and is looking toward the future. Our founder, Salvatore Messina brought with him to America old Italian style and craftsmanship which is upheld by his son Patsy and our crews of skilled craftsmen.

Check, PayPal

Handyman. Tile. Sheetrock. Clogged Toilets, Sinks, & Drains. Tile Flooring. Countertops. Painting. Home Repairs & Installations. Decks. Kitchens. Baths. Basements.