Long Hill Masonry Corp

Founded 1981 • With Angi since February 2006

**We have now expanded our Foundation Services**Long Hill Masonry has been providing a tradition of expert craftsmanship, quality and service for over 30 years. The company is owned and operated by Joseph Tavella, who himself comes from generations of masons. It is our goal to achieve the highest standard of quality in every project. We guarantee our workmanship for one full year, and most projects are payable upon completion of job take a look at our website at www.longhillmasonry.com...

A Service Provider's profile image

+183 more images

masonry (19)hardscaping (12)Patios (8)stone & gravel (2)decks & porches (2)foundation repair (1)fireplace services (1)

04/28/2022

Bob G.

Very well. Workers very punctual. Did a great job repairing the brickwork around my pool.

Description of Work
pool repairs brickwork

Work Completed On 04/28/2022

05/10/2021

Louis C.

It went exceptionally well. the workers were very courteous and Joe was absolutely fantastic. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Pavers and Hardscaping

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure working with you.

11/10/2020

Laura G.

Long Hill Masonry renovated our front and rear stoops, which after 65 years were slowly falling apart. My husband and I are Thrilled with how they turned out. Within 2 days of our call, Joe Tavella (Owner) came to our home to give us an estimate. We explained what our ideas were and Joe even added further suggestions to improving the design. Joe, through his expertise and knowledge was able to do what 3 other contractors told us they couldn't do. After knowing this and with a fair quote, we asked Joe when can he start the job. The job was then completed in a very timely manner (in 1 day). Joe and his team were neat reliable, efficient, meticulous and took real pride to producing top quality work. End result...Perfection at it's Best! Beautiful stoops to last a Lifetime! Without hesitation we look forward to having Long Hill Masonry do another project for us. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Masonry work to Repair Stoops

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. It was our pleasure working with you and your husband, enjoy your stoops for years to come.

10/24/2020

D C.

Such a pleasure to do business with a company that takes pride in their work from the initial phone call to the end clean-up. Joe was present each day and worked to insure that his responsible and hard working employees, Emilio and Elias knew what had to be completed. Excellent company and people to work with.

Description of Work
replaced old basement entrance with new stairs and door, installed a dry well and demolition of an old well house

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you. Enjoy it for years to come.

10/23/2020

Steve H.

From beginning to end excellent work and extremely satisfied

Description of Work
Stone walls and a stone walkway

Category decks, masonry, pavers, gravel, fireplaces, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you.

07/01/2020

Kevin B.

Great. Will recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Patios

Category patios

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

Thanks so much for the review [Member Name Removed]. Enjoy your patio for years to come.

05/27/2020

Mike M.

Backyard patio

Description of Work
I had Joe give me an estimate last year but ultimately was unable to have the work done as it got late in the season. I called him and Anne Marie back this year (2020) and had them come back for another estimate for a patio using pavers in two sections of my yard. His estimate was fair for both sides and was within my budget. Joe and his crew were hear on the day that he told me they would be. Always on time in the mornings and completed the work in a timely fashion. They did a good job of cleaning up once the job was done and we are 100% satisfied with the project. Would definitely use them again for masonry work.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for the review. We appreciate it so much. It was our pleasure working with you. Hope you and your family enjoy your patio for years to come.

05/14/2020

John D.

The owner Joe Tavella was always available to answer any questions we had regarding our vision of what we were looking for. We had a budget we had to work with and he worked hard to make sure our vision became a reality within the price range we were able to afford . They were punctual, reliable , honest and got the job done on time .. long hill masonry created an oasis that my family is able to enjoy all year round .. when friends ask who i recommend they are # 1 on my list .. kudos to long hill masonry! Thank you for all that you have done ...

Description of Work
Patio, waterfall , fire pit

Category decks, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/02/2019

11/11/2019

Neil K.

Joe was very professional, arrived as scheduled, job site was clean and neat upon completion.

Description of Work
Chimney Repointing

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure working with you.

11/13/2018

Edward M.

Excellent Job well done

Description of Work
Walkway repair

Work Completed On 11/13/2018

10/14/2018

DEBRA M.

FANTASTIC! I just LOVE Joe and AnneMarie Such great people, fair price, reliable, trustworthy. Joe even did a job for me a few years ago. A rather large hole was found at the base of my chimney. I was afraid "critters" would get in. Joe came and filled it up with cement. It was by far one of those "no job too small" attitude and as a result, I called him back a few years later when my step ladder into the deep end of the pool needed to be re-secured and re-cemented back in. Beyond the best people ever to work with.

Description of Work
Secure, Cement, and Re-Brick pool step ladder into deep end of pool - replace/reuse existing bricks

Work Completed On 09/15/2018

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for the beautiful kind words - always our pleasure [Member Information Removed] have return customers - thanks again

06/14/2018

Vincent G.

My initial review of this company was excellent however, after they left we started to notice things were not right. The stainless steel doors they installed under our BBQ were badly stained with cement and we could not get the stains off, there was cement stains on the back of our house and back door which we could not get off, The planters we asked them to install we not properly drain and filled up with water so much that we could not plant any flowers, the screens on our brand new outdoor gazebo we purchased were badly stained with cement dust which we could not remove and the bar that was built was so poorly supported that the granite company asked that we install additional supports before they installed the granite. After several failed attempts to have them come back and empty promises I ended up fixing all the mistakes myself, lesson learned, don't pay the full balance until the smoke clears and you really get a chance to inspect everything!!!!!!! This company left hanging!!!!!

Description of Work
Pavers and outdoor bar.

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

We have been in business for over 30 years and we have never encountered a more difficult customer since. Your initial review stated we were on site several times going over your project before starting, and that also stands true to after your project was completed you still continued to make changes, to satisfy your issues that you caused by not taking our initial advise and allowing us to do our job correctly. Just to touch upon a few of your caused issues after your BBQ island was erected we removed and replaced (due to customers faulty layout) with new materials, and used materials were discarded. You decided to reuse your doors - as far as your attempted granite installation, if the companie(s) you choose would of used the correct adhesives, there wouldn't of been damaged supports and further stain issues. Also you mention stains and dust and how we damaged your screens this is all typical construction dust (no permanent damage) you should have waited until project was completed to install, while you were still under construction. The planters (that were also relocated several times) are actually cut outs they are not standing planters and the drainage issue is due to poor soil conditions approximately 3' of clay on property So nothing was failed by our end except your poor decisions constantly being altered that lead to these consequences

09/12/2017

Christine R.

It went very well. Joe was very responsive and his secretary, AnnMarie was extremely helpful. Joe came to my house for an estimate very quickly after my initial call. Work was scheduled and completed in a timely manner. Joe and his helpers, did a great job and also cleaned up thoroughly.

Description of Work
40 year old concrete patio ripped out and replaced with pavers. 2 steps built...1 outside of backdoor and the other outside of back door to garage.

Work Completed On 07/13/2017

07/22/2017

Robert F.

We are extremely happy with the outcome and we would recommend Long hill masonry Corp. we will use them again when needed.

Description of Work
We had a new walkway put in. Joe and his employees were professional and courteous.

Work Completed On 07/22/2017

Thank you so much for the review was a pleasure doing business with you -

06/08/2017

David G.

The project was scheduled, done and of course it's beautiful. Joe and his team did exactly what they said, and even went the extra mile to accommodate additional unforeseen work. Extremely caring about your property and took the necessary steps to make sure nothing was damaged or destroyed. Joe is friendly, understanding and will make sure you are completely satisfied with the outcome

Description of Work
We had our patio (which was concrete) removed and expanded to include a fire pit and a half moon bench. This involved breaking up the concrete, hauling it away and preparing existing and new ground for pavers.

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

Review for Long Hill Masonry Corp - 80 Horseblock Road, Brookhaven, NY - 35208919

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the review and your kind words - was a pleasure doing business with you

12/26/2016

Victoria B.

It couldn't have gone better. Working with Joe was an absolute dream. His work was done to perfection. Joe provided a start date in addition to a completion date and kept to his word. He was reliable, professional and caring. Joe made sure I was satisfied with the finished product and I definitely was. I would recommend Long Hill Masonry to everyone. I rated this company an A on everything and if I would have I would have rated them higher.

Description of Work
Added a new cellar entrance

Work Completed On 12/26/2016

08/28/2016

DEBRA M.

PERFECT!! Joe (the owner) was wonderful

Description of Work
Minor Repair at Foundation/Chimney

Work Completed On 08/23/2016

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review! Very much appreciated

05/03/2016

Nina A.

Joe and his workers did a beautiful job on my patio and created an amazing waterfall that cascades into my pool. He was very creative and incorporated his ideas with what my husband and I wanted for our backyard. Joe and his employees were very neat and always on time. Joe was hands on for the entire project and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Since his completion of our job, I have recommended him to a family member and a friend and they were both completely satisfied with his work. I know I can recommend Long Hill Masonry to others without hesitation. If I am in need of any masonry work, I will definitely use Long Hill again.

Description of Work
Long Hill installed pavers around my pool and a waterfall. They also installed pavers in my front walkway and refaced the brick on the lower level of my home with stones.

Work Completed On 10/19/2015

04/21/2016

Donna Z.

I went better then expected! They were very neat and clean. Joe, the owner was there from start to finish and was completed in 3 days ( and the weather was not the best). I would definitely use Joe again, he was extremely professional and his work is amazing.

Description of Work
Joe and his crew installed a new brick stoop with 6 steps, with a new platform.

Work Completed On 03/14/2016

10/06/2015

bruce K.

Our driveway and steps to house were crumbling due to last few bad winters. Called Joe end of May said he would come over right away and did. Gave estimate and he stuck to it. Said he would have it done by Fourth of July. He and crew showed up during week of the Fourth, Had the old stuff gone in less than a day and new driveway and steps installed two days after that. We came back on the Fourth and found him spraying down the driveway to cure it. We had always had puddles and low spots in the old driveway due to the lay of the terrain. We have had several heavy rains since and the water runs right off in all spots. The New York stone on the steps and landing look great.

Description of Work
Removed old concrete driveway, front and back steps replaced all. steps were covered in New York /' Stone.

Category masonry, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 07/02/2015

08/09/2015

Susan V.

It went great and it was just what we had envisioned. We really liked Joe and we would work with him again.

Description of Work
Joe built blue stone steps to match existing steps.

Work Completed On 07/24/2015

05/07/2015

NANCY B.

Description of Work
I had a patio installed with a small retaining wall next to it |with an outdoor kitchen. Joe installed the cultured stone on it |Joe was here throughout the duration of the project |he didn't ask for any money up front was paid when the job was completed. |And my husband said that the place was cleaner after they left - they worked very neatly. His workmanship is truly an art!! Love it

Work Completed On 04/30/2015

06/19/2014

Richard B.

Joe arrived promptly with his crew and they got right to work. They rebuilt the retaining wall as promised. They cut angles, fitting the pieces of the wall together carefully. The crew worked for 7 hours and they did a marvelous job including refitting brick steps leading from one level to another All the work was done under the direction of Joe, the owner. The workers obviously new their jobs and worked through rainy periods. When the work was finished they cleaned up the work site. They transformed the yard with their work and they left no evidence that their had been any work done in the yard!, The work done by Long Hill Masonry reinforces the reason why I am a member of Angie's List.

Description of Work
Joe of Long Hill Masonry rebuilt a run down railroad tie retaining wall, that sounds simple, however, there was a great deal of shoveling, cutting and fitting of pieces, cutting of bricks and cleaning up.