A Stewart Roofing and Waterproofing

Founded 1974 • With Angi since May 2013

1510 Castle Hill Ave Ste 374

Bronx, NY 10462

Over 35 years this licensed and insured owner operated business has served new york city with integrity and a commitment to excellence. We will go the extra mile to make you happy your satisfaction is our #1 priority. We will be happy to explain everything clearly and answer all your questions with patients and respect. Free estimates, all work guaranteed,no pushy sales tactics. Honest, good work at an affordable price. But talk is cheap call us and let us prove it to you for all your roofing, painting, waterproofing and masonry needs ....

11/19/2021

wade C.

They came out last Monday to examine my flat roof, I emailed them and texted them to ask for the estimate on Monday, I reached out to them three times but I don't received any email or text message about the estimate, they kept me waiting for their response, They have more than enough time to tell me if they can't do the job or if there's any delays, but they just wasted my time and delaying the job, The only thing that I conclude is because I am black.

Description of Work
they suppose to repair my flat roof

[Member Name Removed] I’m sorry we never got your estimate over to you . I haven’t received and messages or calls since i seen you last but we have been very busy , and you mentioned that you were getting some more estimates and you were on the early stages of the project, this is roofing season and there are people who want me to do there job now (of all color) so I have to cater to them first . I’m a business owner and I work for all races and have been for a very long time and the only color we focus on is GREEN , every other color is the same in my eyes. But please reach back out to me so I can get your email and send you over that estimate I’d love to work for you and your wife , thank you and sorry for the misunderstanding.

09/06/2020

Marcie J.

Alex and his crew are fantastic. They were honest, very punctual, efficient and thorough. They discovered a few additional places that needed repairs after they started the job, and they repaired them at no additional cost. The roof looks fantastic! Better than when the building was first built! I am so grateful I found them!

Description of Work
Flat roof repair

Category roofing, basement waterproofing

09/06/2020

Marcie J.

Description of Work
Flat roof repair

Category roofing, basement waterproofing

08/30/2020

Jay G.

They did exactly what they said they would. They did it within an hour of being contracted. Four guys were working on my roof. Jury's out on how it'll hold up but I'm optimistic. I just wish it was not so expensive but I guess you get what you pay for!

Description of Work
Replace clogged downspout and re-direct water flow to gutter

Category gutter repair, roofing

11/23/2018

frank S.

Very good responded to call and was reliable. I thought he was too expensive for the work that was done.

Description of Work
Roofing was leaking and the valley was repaired

Category roofing, chimney repair

08/13/2018

Philip B.

These are hustlers, beware. They removed some gutter guards with my permission but stacked them in an obscure place so I have to put them in the trash. I am 87 so this isn't easy. They blew out the leaves from my gutters leaving the debris and screws on the yard and drive. When it came time to pay the $300 for the gutters they put a hustle on me big time to coat my shingles with some stuff by saying the edges of the shingles were frayed etc. They are very good at this pitch and when I said I wanted to check the web they dropped the price several times. They said they had the material in the truck and this was a unusual opportunity. I fell for it. When I looked coating shingles up on Google such treatment was unnecessary. My shingles are about 10 years old and have a long warranty left. Too late to stop them, I paid $2200 for what I estimate was worth less than $1500. Others must have experienced the same hustle by them. How did they get A Certified?

Description of Work
Clean gutters and seal roof

Category gutter cleaning

I hope this message finds you well and I’m sorry for the experience that you said you said you had with our company. We never like to leave our customers feeling less that satisfied with our work. That being said we have a policy when it relates to gutters,leaders, and gutter guards that we do not take them away unless broken or unusable and in your case our men used great care when removing your gutter helmets so that if you ever wanted to use them again you could. And we placed in a place that we thought was tidy and out of the way I’m sorry if you thought that we was trying to hide them that wasn’t our intent we just wanted to put them somewhere where you wouldn’t trip over them or ruin the aesthetics of your back yard. Now as far as the reasons we suggested applying the clear water repellent on your shingles was because of the fact that your roof was retaining so much moisture that quite a considerable amount of moss and mildew was growing on about 70% of your roof (which we removed and bagged up and hauled away) which lead to prematurely aging your roof so we applied the coating as a way of repelling the water from absorbing into your shingles and creating more moss and mildew and causing leaks in your roof. As far as googling such coating I can show you multiple sources on there stating the great benefits of sealing your shingles on the internet. But I can assure you sir that we had your best interests in mind when assessing your roof and making the recommendations and performing the work that we did, also we Flashed around your chimney and dormers and have covered your roof in writing with a multi year guarantee against leaks that if your roof leaks within the time period stated on the contract we will come back and fix it free of charge. So I assure you that you got a good job at a fair price which we always due hence the reason for our “A” rating. But thank you for you’re feedback and we will use your review to help improve the areas that you have said we were weak in. Also in the future if you have any issues (such as removing the gutter guards) please call us so we can have a chance to take care of any issues you have. Thank you for your thoughts and like I stated before I left I will come by next year and clean out your gutters again free of charge for you as a curtesy for your business.

08/13/2018

naomi R.

They came to my door, seemed very nice and polite and offered to change the surface of my roof to silver/white from the dark covering it had. The main roof of the house about 1000 sq ft and a small extension about 100 sq ft. The extension surface didn't hold up. They came back and redid it, slopped on one thick coat that immediately started peeling. When I called they came again and told me they wanted $2000 dollars to correct the problem.

Description of Work
Change the surface of my roof

Thank you for your feed back and your business, we will truly use it to help make us better. I am sorry to see that you were less than satisfied with the job that we preformed but that being said as we explained to you at the 2nd time which we came out to rectify the problem we stated that as you can see the rest of the home’s roofs look and have held up great for being 2 and a half years old (typically aluminum roof coatings last 3-5 years) but beings that there is a small structural depression in your back roof that retains water the standing water curdles the coating after a while and that the only way to fix this problem was to fix the depression with new wood and reroof the area which you stated that “it was like that when you coated it” to which I replied “the weight of ice,snow, and other elements made the depression quite larger so it wasn’t like that when we coated your roof 2 years ago” I must say I feel that due to the fact that I came out multiple times to resolve the issue to the best of my abilities considering the time elapsed since work was performed and the state of the issue that is not included in your guarantee (we guarantee all roofing against leaks which your roof was not leaking and we still recoated the area even though the guarantee does not state we would have to) we honored our end of the job and that this review is a bit unfair non the less it’s your opinion and I thank you for it I wish you nothing but the best

07/16/2018

Keith O.

Excellent service and professionalim. Good workmanship. Had a small problem with flat roof installed. The prompty responded and returned to fix it. Very honorable and curteous.

Description of Work
Gutters and litres replaced. Flat roof installation

Category gutter repair, roofing

04/28/2018

Rochelle E.

Spoke with Alex and explained the situation and my timeline. I needed a new roof. Told me he would call to make an appointments to view the roof but I never heard back. Called again and he said he would be there at 10 AM the next day but he never showed up. I had someone give me a list of what should be included in a roofing contract and I read it to him. Never heard from him again after that. Very unprofessional behavior. This is not someone you want to give a $6,000+ deposit to!

Description of Work
A new roof

I’m sorry you feel this way and had a bad experience but after speaking it over with my sons we did not want to do business with you which we have the right to do for the following reasons 1. You meant to call another company with a similar name and as a professional curtesy we did not feel comfortable taking a call from another company 2. We are very busy and only want to give estimates to serious customers, not someone looking for an estimate for insurance claims only, as we give free estimates to potential customers it’s not free for us with tolls and gas and also as we are very busy our time is important to us 3. Also you said you have a roofer you are working with closely so we figured you were going to go with him And as far as a $6,000+ deposit I have no idea where you came up with that figure as we never gave you any numbers but that being said thank you for your feed back and good luck with your project

09/20/2017

Victoria S.

very well, they were efficient and wonderful.

Description of Work
Patching to roof to prevent a leak from coming into the house.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

09/17/2017

Jeffrey B.

They were real good. They did a real good job. I like that they explained the work and did the completion of it. Everything was good. They gaurantee their work.

Description of Work
They redid the whole roof. They patched up any issues and did a rubber cement seal.

08/20/2017

Kei D.

On the day of work, Mr. Stewart and his son first cleaned off any loose dirt, debris and water from roof. Then they flashed the sides of roof with flashing cement and fiber membrane. They also built up multiple low spot on flat roof using Firestone rubber roofing. They also laid a strip on a valley that has a water bubble. In addition, they flashed the sky lights. At the end, they coated/flashed the entire flat roof with liquid asphalt aluminum. Throughout the job, Mr. Stewart and his son were working like a great team. They were professional and courteous. I have waited for a few rains to confirm the leak situation - the fix worked. I told Mr. Stewart I did not wish to see him again too soon but it felt good to know he would be there for me if additional leaks have to be addressed.

Description of Work
My flat roof developed a leak but the exact source could not be pinpointed. I asked a few roofers for possible solutions and cost estimates; we settled on A. Stewart because it seemed like Mr. Stewart was quite experienced and his son and him seemed like a good team together. For the price he offered me, Mr. Stewart also included a five-years warranty – he promised to do the job right the first time but if leak occurred again, he was willing to fix it for free. To me, that was a confidence he injected in his own work and words. Prior to the start of the work, Mr. Stewart emailed me a brief work description so that our expectations would be specified upfront. This way, we would minimize any unnecessary miscommunications. The price he offered me was not inexpensive but reasonable comparing to other quotes I received.

06/13/2017

Mary B.

Two gentlemen came, looked at the roof and told me I needed a new roof for $6,000. I thought the deal was to patch existing trouble areas. When speaking to neighbors who had similar leaks, they only received some patchwork. I have no rating for overall service because no work was done.

Description of Work
There was a leak in my roof

04/18/2017

Norma C.

He showed up on time and was very friendly. It is him and his brother that run the company and they are both very professional. The work was done in a timely manner and I couldn't be happier with the results. I would highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Exterior painting, the cornice needed some repair work, last summer he performed some roof repair as well

Category roofing, house painters

04/18/2017

Gina P.

They did a good job. They do a lot of work in this area. I would recommend them highly. I like the way they do their job.

Description of Work
Roof maintanace

12/08/2016

Paul B.

It stopped leaking, it leaked for 3 years, so I guess they did okay. They put something on the roof and it stopped it from leaking. It wasn?t cheap! The workers were very good. I had a couple of people out here that tried to stop the leak and couldn?t stop it. They are the only ones that could stop the leak.

Description of Work
They came here and they did some work on the roof.

10/27/2016

Vicky T.

They arrived on time and were professional.

Description of Work
They provided a free estimate

05/02/2016

Joseph C.

We agreed to meet at 9:30-10:00 AM on 5/2/16. Alex never showed nor did he call to reschedule. This speaks volumes about their reliability. I always strive to take my business local. Unfortunately, I was disappointed.

Description of Work
Alex was to provide an estimate given the scope of the job.

03/12/2016

Merike K.

After a number of phone calls a date was set up by Mr. Stewart's son. They did not show up to provide the roof maintenance I had paid for. After a few more calls, I got the father on the line who told me they were swamped and set up another date. I took time off from work again and waited. They did not show up. After that they did not respond to my calls or e-mails and I gave up. I was extremely disappointed with both the company and with Angie's list for selling me a worthless voucher.

Description of Work
Provider never showed up.

03/02/2016

Jason F.

They were a no show. They could have actually showed up and did what they were suppose to do. He decided to come by when nobody was there and then he said he wasn't going to do what was on the thing. I just know not to use them again. He put an ad on Angie's List to do certain things. He showed up and said, after it was paid, that he wasn't going to do it. I paid two other people, you know, I paid one awhile back but then I paid another guy and there was no problem.

Description of Work
He showed up when nobody was there.

Hi just responding to your rating. I did come an hour early for our appointment as the traffic was clear that day and I examined your roof and found a good sized section of your roof had shingles blown off. You bought a $99. Package that includes an exam and an estimate if needed and a Minor repair, which is caulking around roof vents if needed. I do not get the $99. , angies does. I explained that it would cost me almost that just to buy the needed shingles not to mention the toll I paid to get there and back. I gave you a very low estimate to do the work which would include me deducting 99 from that estimate but you didn't want to go forward.

01/26/2016

joseph M.

It went well. I am waiting for a receipt though. I have to give them another call. The first time there was still a leak. They did come back and finish. So, we are doing okay. The final price was $3,400. It is a little bit high. It was just a repair, but it was a difficult repair. The quality is good. There have been heavy rains since then and no leaks.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for A Stewart Roofing and Waterproofing. It was for a roof maintenance package for $99.

01/08/2016

Charles G.

The roof was okay and the hatch did not fit properly. They came out the next day however and took care of it. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They put a new roof and hatch on my house. They also did some brick waterproofing on the side of the house.

11/14/2015

Laurel J.

Mr. Stewart, his son and their workers did an excellent job on our garage and home roof repairs. Mr. Stewart is knowledgeable, professional and not pushy. He will make you aware of the different options available and allow you to make whatever decision you feel comfortable with. He completed the job exactly within the time frame indicated, at the estimate provided. I would definitely utilize his services for any future home repair needs.

Description of Work
Home and garage roof repairs.

09/17/2015

Kezia H.

Very good, family business. 4 generation family. Grandfather is very knowledgeable. He is a roof gru.

Description of Work
Inspection, repair shingles, asphalt cracks around fume pipes, clear-white coat the entire roof that will last 7 years with warrenty

09/15/2015

Karen P.

Called and made an appointment for August 10th at 10:00 AM. They never showed up for the appointment and never called to say that they got busy and missed appointment. When I called to make another appointment. He said that he got busy working and must have forgotten the appointment. I made a second appointment with him. This time, he said that he would call the day before and leave a voice mail message confirming appointment. Never received the voice mail and never showed up for the appointment. At this point, I want my money back from this company. It is not the cost that matters but the principal of it. You just take people's money with no regard to them.

Description of Work
Absolutely Nothing.

Unique General Contractors, Inc.

Unique General Contractors is a construction and remodeling company that is committed to top notch quality work and happy customers. The foundation of our success is in understanding your dreams and goals for a better home. From the concept and design sketched on a piece of paper to the finished project and clean up, we will be with you every step of the remodeling, home improvement, or residential ground up construction process. We also believe in incorporating sustainable product and methods into each project as we strive for better building and construction practices. With many years of expertise in kitchen and bathroom remodels, room addition, roofing, patios, and other services, why go anywhere else? Give us a call today for your next home improvement project

Gotham Unlimited LLC

Gotham Unlimited is 100% American made, veteran owned and operated concrete company. We specialize in high-quality concrete demolition and installation services, including all residential and commercial construction projects. We got our start in New York City, when our primary contractor, Maurice Rodriguez, made it his mission to create a company with the highest standards of quality and service, while providing unlimited opportunity for employees and partners to grow and advance in their fields. Over the years, we have grown to provide high-quality services throughout our jurisdiction areas in New York and New Jersey. In addition to our demos and installations, we also perform repairs and routine maintenance on concrete elements to ensure the best quality.

Z Abedin Construction LLC

Z Abedin Construction is backed with 32 years of experience! We specialize in high quality workmanship with fair pricing for all Brownstone Restoration and concrete projects. No job is too small or too big! We offer the highest-quality work with the most professional people. Our craftsmanship results in pride for our clients’, meeting their individual needs. At Z Abedin Construction, we pride ourselves on integrity, cleanliness, professional courtesy, timeliness, reliability and having a strong reputation among our clients! Thank you for considering Z Abedin Construction and we look forward to impressing you!

1204810