Semco Construction Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since August 2006

We have been in business since 1984 and are an accredited member of the BBB with a top rating. Additional phone numbers - (585) 227-5244, (585) 671-6920. Additional DBA - Semco Construction Co. Additional email - info@semcoconstructioninc.com....

Mr. Sprayfoam, Inc.

Mr. Sprayfoam, Inc. - insulation services in the Rochester area

VEKTON CORP

Vekton Corporation provides Rochester area homeowners with a full range of exterior and interior home improvement services, and is proud to feature the “SmartRemodel” Advantages. Since 1986, Vekton has added value and beauty to thousands of area homes.

Stellar Roofing

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in roofing, siding, gutters, and skylights, we guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Stellar Roofing on Angi

09/29/2016

Semco was the first contractor I called. I spoke with 3 others and none could match price or features. The awning was delivered to our house and Semco installed it 3 days later. There were no hitches in the entire process.

Description of Work
Installed a retractable awning

Category awnings

07/21/2014

What they did not do is what is at issue, and the poor quality of what was done. The owner took me to court for breach of contract, and the judge dismissed his claim. No more really needs to be said. The owner, John Lemke, left for Florida after four days into the job, and the person he left in charge was elderly, had been seriously ill since November, and did not have the skill or health to do this job. He ruined my walls, and others have not been able to fix them. He did not adequately fix the ceiling where he tore out the soffits, and did not skim coat the ceiling as it should have been done. Others had to be hired to come in to clean up the mess they left. The painter fell off the ladder, and refused to use one so he only painted as high as he could reach. The person in charge was verbally abusive to me and to the other people I had working in my home, smoked in my house without my permission, and removed materials from my garage that I had paid for as part of the contract. I could continue but the reason I am writing this is to help others from going through what I did with this company.

Description of Work
Buyer Beware! I hired Semco Construction to remodel my kitchen, and ended up firing them due to poor quality of work and lack respect for me, my property and others working in my home. Before I fired them, they did the tear down of the kitchen, replastering of existing walls, replacement of walls, cabinet installation, and built a new closet.

Category replacement windows

I'm very sorry that (Member name removed) was unhappy. She never allowed me to see, even once her concern, or ever to try to fix things. John Lemke

06/23/2014

John met me as scheduled and got down to the brass tacks. I did not share any of my previous estimates. Instead gave John the task of an estimate. John made my problem very difficult. His estimate became obvious after all of the decisions I was trying to make. I am having Semco Construction side my house. I appreciate Angies, If I just went shopping for siding Semco Construction would be listed. I will let you know how the job goes and to how satisfied I am. Thanks John, I look forward to the quality workmanship that you will provide.

Description of Work
Surprised Me Completely! I knew John Lemke through various paths crossed. I never knew what John did for a living. I found John on FB through a request to like his business. I said to my wife, Is big brother really watching? I called John and asked if he knew what I was working on. Responds with a negative. I explained what I was doing and asked if he wouldn't mind to come out for an estimate for gutters, siding. John came out as my final estimate. Mind anyone who has followed my experience, I was going to have it panted, gutters replaced by 2 top choices.

08/07/2013

John is always responsive, specific in his job specs and in getting the job done well and on time. He has done several jobs for our family and we always return to him even after looking around. We will use him again and do recommend him to others. A good choice for your home remodeling jobs.

Description of Work
Replaced windows.

07/31/2013

In my opinion they kind of shot from the hip. I have been doing construction for years and didn't feel like doing this project. I thought they went too quick in the quote and I thought it was very low and I was concerned about it. We hired a different contractor that was much more detailed. They were doing the quote too quick, didn't take enough measurements, and it was too low. I know that they have been in business for a long time so maybe that was why he was able to do it that way. Based on the other quote, I mean I know something about the material they were going to use, and it's expensive. It's a material that you put under your deck to keep the water from coming through and makes the deck act as a ceiling, I can't remember what they call it. We were going to do it 5 or 6 years ago and it was very expensive. I don't think that his quote reflected the cost of that material and he said it did. I was just concerned that we would run out of money and get in trouble there. It took him awhile to get the quote. We actually had awarded the job to someone else before we heard back from him again.

Description of Work
I last used Semco Construction for a quote about 3 weeks ago. We have a 32' x 14' deck. It is actually coming out of the 2nd floor and down underneath is a patio. We wanted the gaps not to leak water down on the patio. You get this material and build it underneath. It looks like beaded flooring but it is waterproof and it routes the water off to a drain channel so the area underneath the deck is waterproof. They were also going to trim off the deck to make it look nice.

Category drain pipe

05/13/2013

The first time we had Semco do work for us was in the early 1990's. They did about 1/2 of the windows in our home. Within a couple of years, we called them back for the rest of the house. About 3 years later we changed our regular kitchen window to a box bay window which is just beautiful. Soon after we had them come out and put in a new front door for us. We were so thrilled that when my Dad's home needed windows, I had Semco come and do his entire home. My friend who lives 90 miles away heard about how much I liked them that she (90 miles away) called them and they did windows for her home also.

Description of Work
Semco put in windows in our entire house including a beautiful huge box-bay window in the front kitchen window of our home. The also installed a new front door that was beautiful. The company does excellent work, the men who work for the company are very pleasant and capable. They clean up after themselves. We were VERY pleased with the work. We would not only call them again, but also recommend them to others. In fact, I was so pleased with them, that I had them do windows at my Dad home also.

04/24/2013

He sat down and went over the types of windows he offers which have insulation in them and thoroughly went over it's construction. He gave me a quote right on the spot and since he was the last of 4 and outbid all the others with what would be a superior quality window I went with it. The guys came out to install about 3.5 weeks later and I was a little worried at first as they seemed a little rough around the edges and showed up in a beat up pick up truck. However, they were very knowledgeable and capable. They installed the window with no issues except that they did not have a tall enough ladder in their truck to finish the outside part of the job. They came back two days later, completed the job and it looks and works great.

Description of Work
I had a large bathroom window that needed replacing and was getting quotes close to $2,000 to replace. I called Semco and the owner came out and suggested a few options in replacing the window into the existing opening.

12/17/2012

We did not have him preform any services.

Description of Work
The owner picked up his phone and answered when I called. I didn't have to wait for a return call. That was impressive. He was prompt when he came to his appointment to quote a new roof (complete tear off). That was also impressive. He quoted us very high because he didn't want to do the job. He tried to sell us services we did want. We had a leak in our roof and he was trying to install an awning? If he didn't want to do the job, he should have just said that he didn't do roofs anymore. We found another roofer for 2500 less money.

11/19/2012

I looked at three different companies and Semco gave me the best offer. Arnold and Arnold showed up at the front door to install the new windows that had previously been delivered and stored in my garage. They went right to work. All the windows were installed the first day. They made sure they did all the inside work first so they weren't in my way any longer then they needed to be. The following day they showed up to finish outside of the house. They were very polite and everything was cleaned up just as it was before they started the job. They were so friendly and made sure to ask me about how things looked. They worked very quickly and answered any questions I had. They were never bothered if I stopped them to ask a question. I felt they were truly professionals in all areas of the job.

Description of Work
I needed new windows and a new sliding glass door installed. My old ones had mold around the frames and you could feel the cold air coming through. My room was always freezing. Plus the windows didn't open any more. They were so old and they wouldn't "crank out". There were no screens so I couldn't even open them for fresh air without bugs getting in. Semco offered me various styles and explained the differences to me. They explained the step-by-step process. When the windows came in they delivered them and were ready to go in a day or two. They were quick, efficient, reliable and polite. The windows look awesome. I can actually put my hand near them and not feel any cold air coming in! It makes such a difference and the house looks wonderful now! I can open them and they tilt in for easy cleaning! They had to pull out the old windows and put in the new ones. They had to bend the molding around the sides. They also removed all trash so there was nothing for me to do. I didn't have to walk around and clean up anything. They did it all!

09/09/2012

Went really well with the job done all in the same day no mess left love my windows.

Description of Work
2 double hung indoor cleaning windows in my dining area 2 casement crank windows with flat picture window in the living room

Category replacement windows,doors

Windows, siding, doors, SunSetter retractable awnings, baths, kitchens, gutters & insulation. Gutter guards to keep the leaves out.

Check, Financing Available