Sew What!?

Founded 1995 • With Angi since April 2012

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating

I am a Home Decorating & Sewing Workroom -I measure and fabricate custom window treatments, cushions, slipcovers, with the utmost attention to detail and precise measuring. We also work as sub-contractors for Designers and Retail Stores....

01/25/2016

It went beautifully! I am very pleased. Cathie Sloat was wonderful to work with, had excellent suggestions, was willing to use my fabric, and was very prompt and responsive. She is also a very nice person besides being skilled in her craft. I plan to use Cathie (Sew What!?) again and highly recommend her. Btw, the installer she uses was also very professional and efficient. They worked well togeth...

Description of Work
Made and installed lined draperies for an 8' sliding glass door, roman shade for side window, and new box cushions for six dining room chairs.

12/15/2014

The job was undertaken professionally and went extremely well. We provided measurements of the new windows for which we wanted the curtains made, and were advised as to style and appropriate rods and other hardware. The lining had to be replaced and new pinch pleat curtains made. These turned out beautifully and fit perfectly. When finished, arrangements were made with an agent to hang the curtain...

Description of Work
Made new curtains from remnants of lined and interlined curtains brought from previous home

07/02/2014

Excellent, couldn't be happier. The cushions are perfect and look great on older quality built furniture I could never replace today. Cathie is very talented and professional, there aren't many persons doing this type of work anymore. They were done before I expected. I would contact her again and definitely recommend her.

Description of Work
New Cushions for Couch, Loveseat and 2 Chairs, 14 of them.

Category upholstery

03/29/2014

EXCELLENT! I could not have been happier. Cathie was extremely accommodating and made this project very easy for me. She went above and beyond in helping me with this project, including ordering the fabric I had selected and purchasing it at a discounted price that she passed along to me! After meeting with her and discussing what I had wanted in detail I then changed some of my decisions. Again, ...

Description of Work
Custom mad window treatments for family room and kitchen. Multiple window sizes.

04/22/2013

She arrived as scheduled prepared for the work that needed to be done. Took the materials to her shop and returned them as promised. Excellent experience from start to finish!

Description of Work
Responsive and professional. Reupholstered dining room chairs including new padding with fabric I had purchased separately. There was enough additional fabric after constructing the new chair cushions to permit fabrication of a picture window swag which was beautifully designed, the fabric was lined and constructed. I am extremely pleased with the workmanship and the professionalism exhibited and would not hesitate to recommend this vendor or use her again in the future.

Category upholstery,window treatments

04/10/2013

Please see above, A wonderful, professional experience.

Description of Work
A great experience! Cathy used my fabric and updated window treatments in my dining room and did some sewing upholstery work in the family room. She is pleasant, professional and easy to work with. We went back and forth with consultation dates due to my work schedule, and Cathy was diligent in making the consult happen (which I appreciate) . Highly recommended! Roseann

Category interior designer","clothing alteration","window treatment service

02/15/2013

Although the initial cushion cut was slightly too short, Cathie corrected the problem within a week and returned the item to our satisfaction

Description of Work
Cathie made an 8 foot bench cushion for our kithchen window seat. It came out great!

Category upholsterer

01/18/2013

I looked on Angie's list, as a new user, for some one to to come to my rescue, to replace my now torn sheer custom made curtain. I used to make my own but did not chose to do so this time. I gave this lady the exact measurements that I wanted in, and between the pleats, and the curtain came out great. She came to my house to measure, and we saw eye to eye immediately. The fabric was chosen from a nice selection, ordered, and within a few weeks I had a wonderful replacement for my damaged curtain, just as I wanted it. What a pleasure!

Description of Work
THis company cCreated a custom made, sheer, pinch- pleated curtain for my bow window, which can not be purchased, ready made..

Category window treatment service

12/04/2012

Cathy came promptly to NYC do measure the windows and sink in my new apartment. I had chosen the fabrics after her estimates of the amount needed for each item. Cathy made two flat Roman shades and a sink skirt. Once she received the fabric she executed my order, and arrived at my apartment for her second visit, with her installer Bruce, exactly on time. She and Bruce installed all fittings and curtains without fuss. They are an excellent team. They even took time to correct how the existing curtains were hung without extra charge. The curtains fit exactly and the workmanship was excellent.

Description of Work
Cathy made two flat Roman shades with valances, and a skirt to cover the pedestal of my sink.

Category clothing alteration","window treatment service

04/01/2012

Everything was done on time and within our budget. The service was very professional and friendly from picking out the fabrics to the custom installation. Cathie was able to find us a fabric for the couch that brought our two chairs into the color pallet and saved us from having to do any more re-upholstering than our couch! She is amazing with choosing colors and whenever will find fabric at a discount for you. The cost of replacing the fabric on our 6 couch cushions was $50 each plus the cost of the fabric.

Description of Work
Custom shaped cushions and tablecloths for out door furniture -- 4 cushions, 3 pillows and 3 tableclothes We found a great outdoor wicker couch which needed to have the fabric replaced on the cushions. We thought we would also have to replace the fabric on 2 other outdoor chair cushions we have because they wouldn't all match.

Category upholsterer","clothing alteration","window treatment service

Sew What !? offers In-Home Consultation, measuring, and construction of Home Furnishings - Slipcovers, Upholstery, Cushions, Valances, Shades, Draperies, Pillows,Bedding, outdoor cushions, and children's rooms. Have a photograph of a room you love? We can make it happen! See a fabric only available "to the trade" -We have accounts with the major fabric/furniture houses, and can offer a shopping service as well. We will also re-work existing treatments to new sizes, looks, etc.

Cleaning of Above products