UNMATCHED INC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since May 2008

112 HILLTOP DR

Brentwood, NY 11717

2 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. ASK ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT. LICENSE#: 41208-H....

06/13/2017

Kevin M.

Their technician Pete was on time and very knowledgeable. He quickly identified the problem and made the necessary repairs. The fireplace has been working fine since the service visit.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace would not ignite when turned on. They inspected the system. Determined the root cause and replaced the faulty parts.

Category fireplaces

Thanks for the review. Our technicians take pride in their work and we always hope that reflects to you. Thanks for your business!

03/25/2017

Denise C.

Peter came on time and replaced the same parts that the other company did. He also found that another part was also melted. He replaced that. He also moved the parts to an out-of-the-way place in the box so they wouldn't melt again. He cleaned all the logs, gave us new rocks, and made sure the fireplace never shut off. He was pleasant and answered all our questions. He was here for 1.5 hours. He gave us a senior discount too. He was great and it's a great company.

Description of Work
Our gas fireplace shut off after about 1/2 hour. We needed it fix. We had hired another company that never fixed it.

Category fireplaces

Thanks for the great review on Pete's work. Each tech takes great pride in his work and we are happy to see that it reflects back to the customer. Keep in mind we always offer our summer discount to have the unit cleaned out and prepared for the next season (that offer runs from May-August).

02/20/2017

Rosanna P.

Excellent job ... very professional and the fireplace looks great ... took the time to explain what service was performed

Description of Work
General clean-up of gas fireplace and inspect mechanics

Category fireplaces, gas logs

Thanks for taking the time to give us a great review. Our techs take great pride in their work! Keep in mind we offer our summer rate to have the fireplace cleaned out pre-season (between May- August) at a 25% discount.

12/20/2016

Fran D.

Very well. Thorough & informative. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Inspection, cleaning of gas fireplace.

10/22/2016

Cindy C.

Sucks! Rude lady on the phone.

Description of Work
Worst customer service. Never got a confirmation for the appointment. Showed up at our place. And continues to claims she did call when i told her multiple times we did not even have a voicemail on my iphone. Iphone tells you when you get a voicemail!

06/21/2016

Stephen S.

06/18/2016

Robert A.

Description of Work

Category gas logs

05/04/2016

Susan D.

Steve the technician did a fantastic job. He was so careful to be neat despite it being a messy job. He took precaution to cover floor, etc. Any questions I had were answered with detail and a smile. He did an excellent job and the fireplace is working (and looking) better than ever. If you have a gas fireplace and need maintenance, Unmatched is your best bet.

Description of Work
Cleaning of fireplace and tune-up.

Category fireplaces

Thanks for your wonderful review! Steve takes pride in his work, I am glad you were satisfied with him. Keep in mind we have discount summer rates for annual maintenance in the future!

04/27/2016

jean M.

04/15/2016

Margaret C.

Description of Work
Unmatched provided a complete tune up of my gas fireplace. Excellent professionalism and service.

Category fireplaces

Thank you for the review. We strive to provide excellent service!

02/25/2016

Melissa G.

I have previously reviewed Unmatched Inc. and praised them for their prompt and prefessional service. When I recently scheduled an appointment to see why our fireplace had stopped working (following the somewhat recent rewiring work) I was again treated to their prompt and professional service. James came on this visit and in short order discovered that it was simply an issue of dead batteries in part of our starter unit. It was clearly an oversight on my part, not to have checked that our first (in defense of my ignorance, I had checked the batteries in another part of the unit plus the remote, and just did not realize this third component was part of the wiring of the unit - its complicated!) James patiently explained the workings of our whole system, while I took notes...replaced the dead batteries, and did not charge us for the visit. Each of the technicians who have previously serviced our system have been extremely knowledgeable, polite and efficient.

Description of Work
Examine our gas fireplace to see why it was not working.

02/08/2016

richard A.

Description of Work
They were Great!. Pete was the gentleman that came, and he was on time, friendly. courteous, and extremely knowledgeable. He cleaned my fireplace, and showed me how to use it. He also installed a new remote control, which is battery operated, so if the electric ever goes out, I can still turn on the fireplace and have heat. Any questions I had, he took his time to explain it to me. Would use them in the future. Thanks!

Category fireplaces

Thanks for your great review. We appreciate your business and hope to hear from you next season!

01/29/2016

Barbara H.

Description of Work
I found them in the Angie's monthly.

Category fireplaces

Thanks for your review. We strive for excellent service. Please keep in mind our summer service discount for an annual maintenance on your unit at a great rate!

01/15/2016

G C.

Of course it's winter so you'd expect to wait for an appointment. We got an appt in about 10days from when we called. On the day before the appt, we found the Angie's List deal so called them so we could take advantage of the deal - $155 for Gas Fireplace Tune-Up, Inspection, and Cleaning. Michelle on the phone was helpful. The serviceman James arrived and was knowledgeable and prompt. It's one of those companies you wish you needed to work with on a daily basis. And their name is perfect -- they are indeed UNMATCHED. Thanks.

Description of Work
Gas Fireplace Tune-Up, Inspection, and Cleaning

Category fireplaces

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business. We invite you to take advantage of our summer special to save even more on your fireplace maintenance!

01/08/2016

Dr. Joel S.

Description of Work
cleaned my fireplace .Check the flue and draft.leaned and checked the gas and auto lighting of the fire.

Category fireplaces

Thank you for your review. We strive to satisfy our customers. We look forward to servicing your fireplace in the future. Keep in mind we offer a 25% discount for annual service during May-August.

12/29/2015

Thomas D.

He was on time (early side of the 4 hour window) and was done within an hour. He showed proper operation. showed us how to turn gas off and cleaned up all the embers.

Description of Work
Cleaned and repaired gas fireplace. Made recommendations of whether to put an electric starter or not...

Category fireplaces, gas logs

Thank you for your review. We strive to keep our customers satisfied. We look forward to servicing your fireplace in the future. Keep in mind we offer a 25% discount for annual service from May-August.

12/17/2015

Brian G.

Description of Work
They did a fantastic job of cleaning our fireplace and installing a blower. Highly recommended!

Category fireplaces

Thank you very much for your review. We strive to keep our customer satisfied. Keep in mind we offer a 25% discount on annual service from May-August.

10/05/2015

Bruce L.

Description of Work
Technition was prompt, clean and very knowledgeable. Took the time to fully answer all my questions. Did a great. Gas fireplace now operates much better than it did prior to the service.

09/28/2015

jerry D.

Went very well. James was great. On time, clean, very thorough. Found the problem which was a clog , and fixed it. Cleaned the whole fireplace , including the glass doors. Will definetly use Unmatched again and will recommend.

Description of Work
Fixed gas fireplace which did not light.

04/14/2015

Melissa G.

I first called Unmatched Inc. in December 20014, after my plumber was unable to get my gas fire place to work. Steve arrived promptly and spent hours trying to get it to work properly, despite the obvious wear and corrosion of the 4 year old unit. It was ultimately determined that a new pilot assembly and module box would be needed. Steve did not want to charge me anything until he got the unit working, leaving that day with the faith that I would be having him come back. Because My fireplace showed signs of dampness and water damage, which most likely resulted in the unit not working, I decided to get that problem corrected before moving forward with the new assembly...so it was ultimately months before I contacted Unmatched Inc. again. Michelle was able to set up an appointment for me right away. This time Pete came and set right to work, having my fireplace reassembled and working in less than an hour! He was polite and knowledgeable, fully explaining to me the work he had done and the components of my fireplace starting system. I will definitely contact Unmatched Inc. for any repairs, and also for regular maintenance.

Description of Work
Provided basic cleaning and service to gas fireplace unit. Installed pilot assembly, installed new module box, installed wire harness.

Category fireplaces

(member name removed), Thanks so much for the awesome review! We strive to be "Unmatched" in the services we provide!!

09/27/2014

Carla R.

James arrived as scheduled. He was courteous and answered all questions. He was meticulous . He was able to get our fireplace it working again and he was able to install a remote start. I was amazed. I thought I would have to replace our fireplace,but, all it needed was servicing. I could not be more pleased. He even replaced the embers. I will continue to have Unmatched service my fireplace yearly.

Description of Work
He fixed our gas fireplace, cleaned and serviced all parts and installed a remote control start.

Category fireplaces

Thanks [member name removed]. If you maintain your fireplace yearly it should cut down most problems you may face without having to replace the entire unit. We are pleased you were satisfied with James. We run a "summer" rate if you are interested in having your unit maintained between May-August.

08/28/2014

David W.

Very helpful on the phone. Took time to answer all my questions.

Description of Work
Phone conversation.

03/23/2014

Alan C.

Great service very helpful with any questions I had. Would highly recommend to anyone needing service

Description of Work
Gas fireplace repair

11/11/2013

Michael K.

Technician came late at night since that was best for me, repaired it, but warned that the part should be replaced. Called the following week when the part needed to be replaced, and the technician again came at night, did not charge for a service call, and did the needed part replacement. These people are the best at customer service and customer appreciation. Great communication throughout the process.

Description of Work
Solved issue starting my gas fireplace.

05/16/2008

christina G.

My fireplace would not stay lit. I called the fireplace company that installed my fireplace and they had Joe Sapio call me to schedule an appointment. The day of the appointment he determined fairly quickly what the issue was. He ordered the parts under warranty, and rescheduled an appointment to come back with the parts and repair the problem. Joe was back within two weeks and the fireplace was up and running in no time.

Description of Work
Unmatched Service performed a warranty repair on my fireplace.

Category fireplaces

Herber Plumbing & Heating Corp.

Herber Plumbing & Heating Corp. has been trusted and recommended since 1971, and recognized for our superb service. We are family owned and operated, with guaranteed great service. Our company specializes in all types of work, from leaking faucets to large commercial projects. Your 100% satisfaction is not only our goal...it's our promise to you. We won't leave until you're happy!

Ageless Chimney, Inc.

New York's finest CHIMNEY and MASONRY company for 15 years, and the proud recipient of Angie's List's "Super Service" award for the past 6 years. Ageless Chimney offers, but is not limited to, chimney cleaning and repair, chimney liners, pointing, chimney caps, crowns, brick repair, fireplace repair/refacing and roof/chimney leak experts. We also specialize in building & repairing stoops, patios and driveways. We will beat any written estimate. CALL AGELESS CHIMNEY today: (516)795-1313 for your free estimate! Serving Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Westchester. Fully licensed and insured.

Offers by Ageless Chimney, Inc. on Angi
    Fred's Chimney Magic

EXPERTS ON CHANNEL 7, CABLE NEWS AND DAILY NEWS! 1437 REVIEWS ON ANGIE'S LIST! NO COMPLAINT WITH BBB OR CONSUMER AFFAIRS! (CALL 800 696-7668 FOR A FREE ESTIMATE) LIFETIME GUARANTEE ON ALL STAINLESS STEEL LINERS AND CAPS. 38 YEARS IN BUSINESS. (3 tour) VETERAN ARMY MILITARY POLICE. EXFIRE FIGHTER. REPAIRED APPROX. 1/3 OF ALL NYC FIRE DEPARTMENTS. LOWEST PRICES GUARANTEED! PRIOR CONSULTANTS FOR BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORIES AND THE AMERICAN GAS RESEARCH FOUNDATION IN WASHINGTON D.C. "WE ARE GENTLEMEN WHO CARE" (read our reviews) THANK YOU!

Offers by Fred's Chimney Magic on Angi

GAS FIREPLACE REPAIR & SERVICE ON ALL MAKES & MODELS, ANNUAL TUNE-UPS, PARTS & ACCESSORIES.