College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving

Founded 2011 • With Angi since December 2012

College H.U.N.K.S. Hauling Junk & Moving is a full-service moving and junk removal company offering reliable, professional, and stress-free services across all of Long Island, including Brooklyn and Queens. Our moving services include packing/unpacking, moving supplies, on-site junk removal & donation delivery for unneeded items. All of our team members are professionally trained, background checked and insured for the protection of you, your home & your belongings. Up to 70% of the items we remove are recycled or donated to charity organizations located on Long Island, giving you the peace of mind of knowing items you no longer need will be given the second life they deserve. Get your FREE No-Obligation Quote Today! ...

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+105 more images

4.4

hauling (86)movers (54)trash removal (11)

07/25/2022

Steven A.

These 3 guys (Stephen. Moustafer, Joe) showed up with, a big truck, a competitive price and ready to go. Needed to empty 3 floors of 40 years of accumulated home goods, clothes and furniture. They work hard. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Multi family home clear out.

Category garbage collection

Work Completed On 06/23/2022

07/09/2022

Stephanie K.

If I could leave 0 stars, I would. Avoid this group at all costs. I have move many times in the life, and this is the only negative experience I've ever had. They were responsive and easy to schedule, showed up on time, but then RUINED the furniture. They did not cover/wrap any furniture during the move; they dragged the side of the dining room table over our outdoor rocks; they dragged the fridge along the deck and dented/scratched both the fridge and deck and ruined the fridge in the process. They failed to utilize dollys or carry straps, and instead relied on banging up the furniture along the way. They damaged the table immensely by dragging it along the ground. They then refused to pay for the damages despite not following standard moving protocols. The movers were 3 college kids who had zero idea how to execute a move; they didn’t even have someone with knowledge and experience to lead the crew.

Description of Work
Moving funiritr

Work Completed On 07/08/2022

Review for College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving - 160 WILBUR PL, Bohemia, NY - 39792026

03/01/2022

Angie P.

Not very good. Slowest packers ever and definitely running the clock.

Description of Work
Moving a few items

Work Completed On 03/01/2022

03/14/2021

angela L.

My furniture was damaged, just about every piece had some sort of damage to it. I would think more care would be taken when moving a customers belongings.

Description of Work
moving furniture

Work Completed On 03/14/2021

12/16/2020

Abner D.

Very smooth, fast and professional. Great job!

Description of Work
Moving a room full of stuff from Brooklyn to Patchogue,

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

11/06/2020

Tim R.

Good job. Very nice guys. Some of my items got damaged because of that they claimed they weren’t responsible. Oh well... you win sm you loose sm

Description of Work
Moving from Queens to Manhattan

Category garbage collection, hauling services, moving companies

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

08/30/2020

Jennifer D.

The service was fantastic. College Hunks were prompt with an original quote, were very responsive for follow up questions, came to our departure location to give us an in-person estimate for our junk removal and were punctual and professional on the day of move/junk removals. James and David were very polite, careful with all of our items and really hustled. It was such a relief to have our move and junk removal handled in one appointment. We were extremely satisfied with the service and would recommend to others.

Description of Work
Moving and junk removal

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

07/29/2020

Laura B.

I hired them for my move. They showed up and refused to do the job which cost me several thousand in rent. I lost over 2,000 as a result of their failure to do the job.

Description of Work
Moving from my apartment

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

04/26/2020

julie C.

Flawless! Great guys very dependable punctual couldn’t have gone better! I will use college hunks again and will recommend highly!

Description of Work
Pickup and delivery of a very large sectional couch

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

Review for College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving - 160 WILBUR PL, Bohemia, NY - 38522816

03/06/2020

Joanne W.

They were professional and friendly. There was some damage to the walls on the stairs, but before they left pictures were taken a claim was filed and they were apologetic. We were told they would take care of it, which they did. We ARE very happy with the hunks and will use them again!

Description of Work
Hauling

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

06/21/2019

Sarah S.

This is our second time using this company. We were extremely satisfied with their service on the first move that I wanted to help up with our second move from storage. This time we had the team of Giuseppe, Jamal G., Robert F., and Jason G helping us. These guys were were very courteous, responsible and respectful with the whole process. I was very pleased with their service and help because moving can be very stressful. I was very happy with their help and going to call them again for the third time when I get my POD delivered to my house so they can help me unload it. I highly recommend them if you are looking for honest knowledgeable and courteous young men to help you with your moving process.

Description of Work
We were moving our things from storage into our new home.

Cost $676.38

Work Completed On 06/02/2019

06/21/2019

Sarah S.

The team of Tom G, Santos, Jamel and Sarge were awesome. These guys took the time to make sure everything was wrapped and protected before they loaded it into the truck. Then they took it to the storage unit and put it in as neatly as possible. They were very careful when moving my things. I also was impressed on how responsible, respectful, and courteous they were throughout the whole process. I was extremely happy with their service. I am going to use their services again in the near future and will recommend my family and friends about them. Thank you for all your help.

Description of Work
We needed to move from our apartment and we needed help put your things into a storage unit.

Cost $1,165.3

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

09/18/2018

Jean W.

They showed up as promised, correctly estimated costs, and got to work. It took a second truckful to get it all done and they told me that up front and were right on time with their return for the second load. They moved everything without marking up walls or doors, and worked hard finishing in the timespan expected.

Description of Work
Cleaning out an old house of 50 years of junk

Category garbage collection, hauling services

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

04/24/2017

Jo Ann R.

The guys had to come back several times as there was a lot to get rid of. They were friendly and helpful. I couldn't believe how much they could get rid of in such a short time.

Description of Work
After my husband passed away I decided to move. He was an extreme pack rat, so there was a lot of junk to be removed from the house; attic, garage and shop.

Work Completed On 11/10/2016

09/19/2016

Robert M.

The first instance of file cabinet removal was excellent and efficient. The large multi-room home move was an absolute nightmare wrought with borderline unethical behavior (trying to renegotiate the contract during the move) and damage to my furniture, The manager followed up to fix things but it was after a lot of negotiation. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Description of Work
Two instances of working with college hunks - one for the removal of a large filing cabinet and the second was a whole home move from NY to CT

Work Completed On 07/15/2012

08/15/2016

FRANCES A.

Received a confirmation email they would arrive between 9am and 11am. It also said they would call 20 to 30 minutes before arrival. This was just for an estimate . No one showed up or called . I do not recommend this company

Description of Work
Shed removal

Work Completed On 08/14/2016

08/08/2016

Donna S.

They came & within minutes saw they had no experience moving at all. Two men came & they Damaged My Refrigerator . They did not take off the doors or hinges & they came without any tools. I have photo's of them trying to get this through the door. I called boss and sent my photo's I then emailed Jonathan who sent me a link to respond to with a claim on July 20, 2016 . I returned the claim immediately after reading. It stated they would get back to me within 2 to 3 business days.Today is August 7th and still never answered this claim . I have photo's, I have the email sent & returned but I see no place to upload them here. This is a very upsetting experience . I would never recommend the College Hunks . They failed in Knowledge, Quality, & Professionalism . Not a good practice to not follow up with damages from employees at all. I am writing this at my Daughters House I do not have internet /cable service installed yet. I work & did not get yet.

Description of Work
They were to move from Jericho NY to Bayside NY. We moved all boxes & they were told when they came what was being moved. We were taking our Refrigerator & we discussed that too. They quoted $125.00 per hour & $159.00 Travel Time. we thought this was a standard price & hired them. This was a one bedroom job & a refrigerator .

Work Completed On 07/09/2016

Review for College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving - 160 WILBUR PL, Bohemia, NY - 32470895

04/08/2016

Lenore Vogel L.

I had to hire a moving company and I was very leery. I contacted three. The first two we nice enough on the phone, but were very vague on additional costs. People warned me that that's were the moving companies make the extra money. College hunks were the only ones who offered to come on site for the estimate. They were up front about any additional fees and gave us advise on things to do ahead of time to save money, like take beds apart, have clear path to all furniture and we also wrapped glass shelves from china cabinet ourselves. They recommended 4 man crew and estimated 5 hours. I called twice after scheduling the appointment with additional questions and they were always polite and helpful on the phone. They called the day before to confirm and the morning of with estimated time of arrival. I love the communication! The morning of the main guy Mike was pleasant and professional. We did a walkthrough as stuff was going to two different locations. The additional crew of Steve, Dan & Matt were all nice, polite and professional. Very happy to say they finished all work in three and half hours, well below the estimate of 5 hours. Again, partially because we were organized ahead of time and partially because they were very good at what they do. Defiantly recommend them. Thanks.

Description of Work
Moving out of one location and some stuff went to new location and some stuff went to storage facility.

Work Completed On 04/06/2016

02/10/2016

KATHLEEN S.

They called before they cam on the appointed day. Very polite. After reviewing the furniture to be disposed of, gave us an estimate that we accepted. They were out of here in 40 minutes. I would definitely call College Hunks again for similar work.

Description of Work
Our new furniture was due to arrive - finally. They removed a dining room table, table leaves, mirrored-top hutch and chest, and 6 chairs.

Work Completed On 11/30/2015

12/09/2015

MAUREEN R.

Vender contacted me immediately upon finding them online, and came for the estimate and the service on time, and let me know how soon they would be there. Billy and Matt did the actual move, and you could not find more professional or hardworking young men. It was a pleasure to deal with them, and would recommend their services in the future.

Description of Work
Moved me from a second floor, one bedroom apartment to a house.

Work Completed On 12/06/2015

11/08/2015

Lee G.

The move was a bit complicated in that they had to make multiple stops to pick up furniture before delivering to the new house. They crew was punctual, prompt, clean, professional, they did not take any breaks (outside of lunch), they did not smoke, and they properly blanket-wrapped or boxed every single piece of furniture before loading, including my large flat screen. At the second pick-up, they helped bring boxes, bins, and even large objects down from an overhead loft/crawlspace, something I physically could not have done by myself. Mike B. (the manager) and his crew of Steve, Paul and John were fantastic. Very personable and accommodating. They made the entire experience of moving (which can be awful) much more tolerable. My wife and I were very pleasantly surprised with how smooth everything went. I told them I would gladly recommend them in the future, and I would request these specific 4 guys again. Plus - their estimates and numbers were spot on, which is also always nice. They started at 9:15 am, and finished by 4:30 pm.

Description of Work
Moving services

Work Completed On 11/02/2015

10/19/2015

Phyllis H.

They were on time, professional and very courteous. I would definitely recommend them, and will probably use them again when I move.

Description of Work
Removed items from storage unit.

Work Completed On 10/12/2015