Herber Plumbing & Heating Corp.

Founded 1971 • With Angi since February 2006

Herber Plumbing & Heating Corp. has been trusted and recommended since 1971, and recognized for our superb service. We are family owned and operated, with guaranteed great service. Our company specializes in all types of work, from leaking faucets to large commercial projects. Your 100% satisfaction is not only our goal...it's our promise to you. We won't leave until you're happy!...

4.3

plumbers (184)HVAC Companies (36)water heaters (22)drain cleaning (20)appliance repair (11)gas leak repair (8)home remodeling (5)sewer cleaning (3)electrician (2)gas fireplace repair (1)

06/01/2021

Joseph S.

It went very smoothly. Mr. Herber was very professional. His work was excellent and he followed up on small issues. I would recommend his work. Dealing with him was great.

Description of Work
Gas Conversion with new boiler and hot water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

01/04/2021

Dru G.

i have used Herber Plumbing for my plumbing issues since 1981. i called on a Sunday night and had someone here first thing Monday morning. Bob Herber as always was prompt and delivered as promised. The tech, Joe was professional and did a good job. i know whenever i hire them the job will be done right and they always stand behind their work. If possible they will help you solve a problem on the phone and save you the cost of a service call. Terrific well run company.

Description of Work
removed and replaced existing toilet and some related fixtures

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

11/18/2020

Ryan G.

Extremely responsive. Completed repair the same day. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking water heater

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

11/10/2020

Sandy L.

Herber called me. He help repair the toilet over the phone. It was because I did not used the bathtub in a while. the drain dry up. All I had to do is run water in the tub and flush the toilet. He so honest and compassionate. He asked me a few questions of what is happening. After i had told him. He gave me a few instruction of what to do. I think he is 1 out of a million of honest people in this world. He did all of this over a phone.

Description of Work
toilet repair

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

09/27/2020

Eileen G.

They contacted me very quickly. I requested a quote late at night and they called me at 10am the next day and they had a licensed plumber at my home within an hour of calling me. He was excellent, fixed the toilet bowl in 45 minutes and charged me $250. He was clean, professional and fast. I would recommend this company! I also contracted with them to repair my shower head and install a new bathroom sink. Everything was fully explained to me about the toilet and also what I needed to get for them to fix the shower and the sink. They will be back on Monday 9/28 (today is Saturday 9/26) to fix the shower. It will cost $275.00 + tax and I had to get the shower head. Not a problem, they told me exactly what to get. I had to order the vanity top, faucet and sink anyway so as soon as that is all delivered around mid-October they will return to fix the sink. Installation fee for the sink will run $975.00 +tax, and they are supplying the pipes under the sink, which all need to be replaced. They told me it will take around 5 hrs to install the sink. As this is in the future, I will leave a second review to report how things went, but I am very optimistic that things will go well judging by how they went today.

Description of Work
repaired toilet bowl

Work Completed On 09/26/2020

08/29/2020

michael D.

called them, they showed up promptly scott diagnosed problem quickly did excellent repair-neat and cost was very fair-i highly recommend this plumbing company

Description of Work
fix leak in pipe in dropped ceiling

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

06/16/2020

Alan V.

When I got into the tub for a shower Sunday afternoon, the drain was clogged. My plumber's helper didn't clear it. Called Bob at Herber; he said he'd call with an appointment Monday morning. Water went down some overnight, but was still sitting in the bottom of the tub. True to his word, Monday morning Bob called; he'd have someone here before 9. Mike arrived around 8:30. He couldn't snake it out from the tub as there are mechanical parts that open and close the drain in the way. Went down to the basement, disconnected the trap and elbow there; determined the clog was in the old (from 1953) galvanized drain pipe. When he snaked that out, the clog was at the T-junction with the vent pipe to the roof just where he suspected. I'd never had that snaked out, but that tub drain had always been slow; maybe that had accumulated from the original owners. Part of the threaded end of the old galvanized pipe cracked off (rusted) so Mike had to fabricate and replace the trap, elbow and connections to the tub drain. Once he was satisfied, he asked me to let the water run in the tub to make sure there were no leaks. Initial test was good, so "let it run for a full minute". Did that and still good. Have to say that tub drain is vastly different now. Previously if you turned on the tap full-force, the tub would fill up even when the drain was "open". Now it gurgles away happily and water does not accumulate. Glad I had that done.

Description of Work
Bathtub drain was clogged; needed to be cleaned.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

06/13/2020

Peter M.

Mike was excellent and very polite, he arrived earlier that expected. Once he examine the problems we were having, He asked what we really needed done, then he explained everything he could do and gave us a quote which was pretty reasonable. He was there working for awhile but then needed another piece of pipe to complete the job. He came back and finished the job, he was very tidy. You wouldn't have known someone was there working on the faucet and drain. I would be using this company again and highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Leaky kitchen faucet and pipes needed replacing with new faucet and pipe.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

05/20/2020

susan G.

I was looking for a plumber to handle several property locations on LI. I called Herber and thought I would try them for the A/C start. The Company called on the date of scheduled appointment and asked if the tech could come several hours earlier than scheduled appointment. The tech asked me to turn system and used a screwdriver to push one of the blades to start. He stated that it happens frequently after the winter and then charged me over $140.00 for the 2 second service call. I called the office and inquired into a fee reduction for the service call. Personally, I would never call them to do any work and am disappointed that they did not suggest I try this when I described the problem initially. But I do not believe this is a friendly way to do business. Called owner and explained that I was n

Description of Work
My A/C was working but fan blades did not rotate.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

01/17/2020

Dennis L.

well until he caused water shut offs to leak which I was billed for o repair Overall he was expensive

Description of Work
kitchen faucet changed

Work Completed On 01/17/2020

01/08/2020

Elayne F.

Seamlessly! The operations manager Sean was extremely helpful, professional and caring. And the technician Michael was very conscientious and considerate. I will definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Gas boiler repair

Work Completed On 12/22/2019

12/23/2019

mike S.

upon completion of furnace repair and a $950 bill they concluded that the furnace was bad and needed to be replaced. Not happy

Description of Work
furnace repair

Work Completed On 12/23/2018

Sir, I cannot find a [Member Name Removed] in our system. Could you please call our office at 631-666-9315 and give us your address as it might be listed under a different name. We would like to resolve our issue as soon as possible. Bob Herber

10/31/2019

Alan V.

Great. They showed up on time Wednesday morning; done and gone before noon. Both the water heater and the garbage disposal work really well; they took the old stuff away. Work was professional.

Description of Work
Had to replace the hot water heater in the basement and the garbage disposal under the kitchen sink

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

Review for Herber Plumbing & Heating Corp. - 54 Park Ave, BAY SHORE, NY - 38207106

08/07/2019

John C.

Daniel came and was able to replace the pipe which was not easy to get to, He had to take apart a ceiling with tongue and groove paneling to get at the pipe. He did an excellent job and in a shorter time than I thought it would take.

Description of Work
Toilet waste pipe broken.

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Thank you for the positive review. It is our pleasure to have you as one of our valued customers. Enjoy the rest of your summer. Bob Herber

05/29/2019

RONALD C.

The quote was from a visit on 5-2-19. On 5-29-19, they called to cancel the appointment scheduled for 5-30-19. This means it took nearly a month to get them to agree to do the work, and the day before the appointment, they called to cancel. If you want to be put behind their other clients, that are more important than you, call these folks. The receptionist (Patty) was horrible on five different things that we discussed. When I asked her a question, she said "look at the estimate." I looked at the estimate, and asked a question directly from the estimate. Then she told me she was not a tech, and I should speak to a tech. I asked her to connect me with a tech. She said none were available. I asked to have one call. She said no. She even refused to give me the name of the tech that was supposed to do the work scheduled for tomorrow. I told her to have management call. The owner (Bob) called me and proceeded to lie to me about something. I called him out on his lie. Then, of course, he denied the lie. I told Bob his firm has given me good reason to complain to Angie's list. He said “you can do whatever you want.”

Description of Work
RECEIVED ESTIMATE FOR SOME FURNACE WORK

Cost $1,113.41

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], it wasn't quite that way. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Have a great summer. Bob Herber

04/04/2019

james C.

Javier did an excellent, professional job. As he ran into some minor issues he explained what he was going to do. I was called ahead of time to tell me that he was on his way and he arrived promptly. He cleaned the work area and left it better than he found it.

Description of Work
Replace an old bathroom faucet

Work Completed On 04/04/2019

02/15/2019

Thomas M.

Fine. no problems that were not expected

Description of Work
replaced bathroom sink

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

12/18/2018

Tarale S.

Would I hire again? Yes. I already have. I first contacted Herber plumbing for an estimate to move a gas line. #1, their reception/customer service is so friendly and pleasant. Knowledgeable AND not in a rush. Bob came out. He presented himself so professionally and friendly that we honestly didn’t feel the need for a 2nd opinion. He offered 2 scenarios of how the job could go, so there will be no surprises. The job is booked for this week, however, last week, all of the toilets in the house were backing up into the tubs! We called Herber (2nd time ever contacting) and a really nice guy came - I wasnt present - and resolved the clog. He cleaned any mess AND disinfected! He also took the time to open our cess pool valve to check its level and explain the system and how to care for it. Stand up company. The take pride in their work. I’ve been looking for a company to keep loyally. Really happy we found Herber. Reasonable prices. They’re worth it.

Description of Work
Unclogging and an estimate

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/11/2018

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to have you as a satisfied customer and look forward to working with you whenever you may need us. Can we add this review onto our website and google reviews? Happy Holidays! Bob Herber

11/13/2018

Jay C.

One call. Showed up punctually and provided free estimate. Started the job quickly and paid close attention to detail. Made sure we were completely satisfied with the result. Worked clean. Not the first time with Herber and it will not be my last.

Description of Work
Replace 4 piece kitchen faucet set

Work Completed On 11/13/2018

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for the positive comments. We appreciate having great customers to service. Enjoy your upcoming Holidays. Bob Herber

11/12/2018

Tom P.

A few timing hiccups, but a successful project in the end.

Description of Work
Natural Gas Line for Pool Heater

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

We are happy the "hiccups" were resolved. It is our pleasure to have completed this work for you. Enjoy your upcoming Holidays. Bob Herber

10/03/2018

paul S.

did the work but the outside faucet continued to leak after a pricey replacement

Description of Work
toilet work and outside valve replaced

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

07/02/2018

Maureen R.

We called another plumber to repair a leaky hose in our kitchen faucet and they broke the faucet and left us without a working kitchen faucet. We called Herber Plumbing and they responded timely to give an estimate ( no charge to show up and give an estimate) and set up the appointment to replace the faucet the next day. The technician was professional and got the job done quickly. They did a great job. My only regret is that I did not call them first. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replace faucet

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate having you as a valued customer and look forward to working with you again in the future. Bob Herber

01/14/2018

Tricia R.

I called and spoke with Bob. Not only did he give me the time to explain what the problem was, he was able to help me t