E & M Waterproofing Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since January 2006

1217 Chicago Ave

BAY SHORE, NY 11706

At E&M Basement Waterproofing we take pride in finding, diagnosing, and correcting your water problem. Making basements dry and keeping them dry is our only business since 1979. We are family-owned and operated therefore giving you the service you deserve. We provide Basement Waterproofing, Exterior Waterproofing, and Lot Drainage to all of Long Island & the 5 Boroughs: Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Brooklyn, & Manhattan....

08/09/2020

RICHARD O.

Ed and his team are FANTASTIC! Based on the great reviews by others on AL, I called Ed and he came to inspect our home. Although he had a busy schedule, he was able to squeeze us in quickly ( we really needed it!), and the recent storm left us dry and comfy for the first time in years! The work was first rate, and when they left, you could not tell that anything had been done- the area was pristine. I would recommend Ed for all your waterproofing needs! He really lives up to his reputation!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

11/18/2019

Tom M.

Excellent experience, highly recommend!

Description of Work
Foundation crack

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

09/05/2019

Karen S.

Told me they would cut away my newly painted Sheetrock in the basement and inject resin in into any cracks in the foundation for $1500 and then I’d have to pay someone else to fix my walls and repaint, most likely another $1000. I found a small hole outside and filled it with roof cement and fixed my leak for about $10. Another company wanted to install a French drain for $4200 not including damage repair for my hardscape and landscape they would tear up. Don’t trust anyone. Seriously, fixed it with a little digging and observing. These people didn’t even turn water on to see where the water was coming from.

Description of Work
Water leak in basement

Category basement waterproofing

i felt it necessary to respond to this post. i did check our records and notice we did not give you a written estimate. On the other hand , I do recommend for someone to cut away Sheetrock newly painted or not . The reason for doing this is two fold. One is that the water issue can be diagnosed correctly ,the other is if any mold had formed behind Sheetrock you would able to re mediate it . Sorry you were not happy with my advice. If you need my services in the future please fell free to call . Thanks Ed Mihelic Owner of E&M Waterproofing

09/03/2019

Maria Z.

Ed was most professional when he came. While his is a top-level, highly rated business with rave reviews of his work, surprisingly, he is NOT out to enrich himself and profit from the problems of others. He explained that first I needed to do basic things to divert the water from coming into my home, and later if the problem still existed, I would need to contact him to get a french drain. I have to say that I have never met anyone more helpful or honest. If you have a problem with water entering your home, Ed is the first person anyone should call! Extremely thorough, helpful, and honest! It does not get any better than this!

Description of Work
Water diversion estimate

Category remodeling,basement waterproofing,wells,foundation repair

08/07/2019

Paul S.

I spoke to Eddie on the phone after he responded very quickly to my Angie's List inquiry. He asked for a thorough description of the problem and asked some questions. In amazing honesty he told me that the problem was a cosmetic one and not a waterproofing problem. He advised that I hire a painter and have him scrape, acid wash and coat the problem wall. His honesty is so refreshing and I would recommend this company just on this basis alone!!! Thank you, Paul Susi

Description of Work
I had some wall efflorescence in unfinished area of basement with some surface crumbling.

05/25/2019

Joshua K.

The two workers did an excellent job. They cleaned the whole area when they were finished and they took the time to keep me informed of their progress as they were building the drywell.

Description of Work
Had 56 block drywall installed in my basement landing.

05/10/2019

Edward K.

Very happy with the work performed. Professional and skilled crew who were on time and worked quickly. It was a tight space with a nearby fence so they did everything manually. Very thorough job and looks great! No more leaks in the basement and we're very happy! Price was fair and reasonable and below other contractors' estimates. Would definitely hire again if needed.

Description of Work
Repair foundation cracks and collapsed pavement slabs.

Category foundation repair

01/28/2019

Mario A.

Eddie took the time out of his busy schedule to come out and look at my problem and made some recommendations for me to do on my own. He was very honest and said: "you can do this yourself and don't need me". And showed me how to do it. Others would have quickly jumped to quote the service. If all were like him... I know now who to call next time I have a real problem. -Mario

Description of Work
Had water dripping into my basement

11/13/2018

Janet M.

Never contacted or hired them. They were located too far west to be an option

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing --

11/12/2018

Cecilia R.

Work done neatly and quickly. We’ve had several rainstorms since the work was completed and no sign of any water in the basement.

Description of Work
Stop leak around basement window.

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Ace Chimney Experts

Ace Chimney Experts, Inc. is dedicated to providing you with the highest level of service attainable. We are proud recipients of the Dan's Papers Best of the Best Award for the past several years.

Certified Chimney Service Inc

Thank you for viewing our business profile. We are certified by the CHIMNEY SAFETY INSTITUTE of AMERICA (csia.org) and are A rated by the BETTER BUSSINESS BUREAU. Owner, Charles McCarthy, is the longest CSIA CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN, and LICENSED MASTER SWEEP, by the NATIONAL CHIMNEY SWEEP GUILD, and NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION. Certified Chimney is a full-service chimney cleaning company. No job is too big or too small. We offer 24/7 Emergency Service. We are experts in everything and anything related to your chimney. Our family-owned business has been in the chimney industry for over 25 years. We pride ourselves on offering premium customer service to our valued customers along with professional advice. We stay current on safety codes and regulations, as well as innovative tools and products for chimneys and fireplaces, so we can recommend the very best for our customers. We service residential as well as commercial. We offer free written estimates on any kind of repair. Currently we service Nassau County, Suffolk County and the 5 Boroughs of NYC, Westchester, and Fairfield County.

Island Chimney Service

Island Chimney Service Corp. provides cleaning for oil and gas chimneys, fireplaces, wood burning and pellet stoves. We replace caps, liners, masonry, dampers and smoke pipes. We also do flashing, water proofing, tarring and safety inspections for many realtors and home inspectors. All of our stainless steel products have a lifetime guarantee. The liners that we utilize are built with maximum strength and durability. The smooth wall liner will deliver up to 20% greater draft over equal size of corrugated pipe. We handle both residential and commercial properties. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured. Our timeliness, pricing and quality makes us "Heights Above The Rest."

Residential, commercial, exterior foundation wall waterproofing, hydrostatic pressure relief system (French drain), window wells corrected, dry wells installed, foundation cracks repaired, sump pumps & deep channeling, property drainage systems, basement waterproofing.mold remediation