We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

BDB Paving & General Contracting Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since May 2012

831 State Rte 67 Bldg 39A

Ballston Spa, NY 12020

B.D.B. Paving & Sealcoating is a family owned and operated business. We provide an assortment of asphalt services and are fully insured. Call our office today to set up a free estimate. (518) 490-2190

06/22/2022

Anyhony T.

(This is a follow up to a review I submitted about a week ago) I would rate this business a zero if I could I left a one star review because I requested an estimate for a four car parking area and to seal oat a driveway. I met with an estimator (George) on a Friday who promised to get the estimate to me the next week. I never received it. I called the office a few days after I should have received the estimate and spoke with a woman who said she would look into that estimate and she said I was not on the list for sealcoating but that she would send someone to provide an estimate for that. After the loss of another week+ of time decided to leave a one star review, which immediately got the attention of the owner’s wife, Katie. She called me the day after my review. When we spoke she explained, among other things, there was new staff undergoing training and some confusion on their end. It was a pleasant conversation with the end result being that Katie promised to get the parking lot estimate to me the next day and would sealcoating the driveway for free (I replied that I wanted to pay for the sealcoating, and indeed I need to). Well, it seems again that I have nothing but unfulfilled promises. Today I REALLY needed the estimate for a meeting. After calls, emails and texts, no replies back to me. I used BDB to replace a driveway and to seal it about two years later. They were great then. They are frustratingly worthless now. I would update this review if action is taken in the future but I doubt I will hear back from them.

Description of Work
Construct a four stall parking lot and seal a friveway

Category landscaping, driveway pavers

11/03/2020

Terence S.

The work was very fast, efficient and of excellent quality.

Description of Work
Installation of new driveway

10/27/2020

Janice B.

Thank you for a job well done. The crew members were exceptional & everyone knew what had to be done. They worked in a professionally and timely manner. I most certainly would recommend BDB Paving to anyone

Description of Work
My driveway needed to be repaved

Category driveway pavers, stamped concrete

09/22/2020

Sarah M.

The cracks were not completely filled. I have filled cracks myself in the past and have done a much better job. I have included 2 photos; there could have been many more. In their response to a previous review they wrote that the patch material will expand, which is absolute nonsense. It shrinks. Believe me, I know. As I wrote above, I have done this myself for several years. The seal coating was not nearly as good a job as the previous person I used. I should have used him this time and filled the cracks myself first. Now I will have to finish filling the cracks and quickly before the snow. I would NOT recommend BDB.

Description of Work
driveway seal coat and fill cracks

Category driveway pavers

Thank you for the review. You can clearly see in the picture that crackfill was applied. Sometimes a second layer does need to be applied especially if The cracks are as severe as yours. In that case, just call the office and we will come out for free and reapply another application of crackfiller for you. I will have the office contact you to set this up. Have a nice day! Katie

09/17/2020

Adrian K.

Never showed for estimate after their calling on during the week to reschedule yet never even called to inform they wouldn't be showing up. Must not want the work/$-- strange b/c they called to reschedule acting all friendly, but when we called they conveniently left their phones to pick up, not answering. Definitely unprofessional.

Description of Work
Paving, filling,sealcoating

Category stamped concrete

Hi [Member Name Removed]: I apologize you felt we do not want your services. We emailed you stating our estimator was called to a job site and we had to reschedule your quote. We did communicate with you via email that he was unable to show up and that we had to reschedule the estimate. I am sorry this is unacceptable to you, but we are trying with limited staff. Thank you for understanding and we appreciate the feedback as we look to improve. ~Katie

06/22/2020

Kristin R.

They did a great job, once again. I get this service once every two years and it is always high quality and the guys are very friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks!

Description of Work
I had the driveway sealcoated

Category driveway pavers, stamped concrete

Dear [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for the feedback. Our guys work extremely hard to please every customer. It is always a pleasure to work with you. Thank you for being an outstanding human!! Enjoy your Summer and we will chat with you in 2 years! ~Katie

01/19/2020

Larry B.

less than 6 months later and the crack fill is non existent. contract indicated fill would be done (and properly), was not done the 1st time out, had to call, resent workers and job has "washed" away. out almost $300

Description of Work
sealcoating and crack fill

Category driveway pavers

[Member Name Removed]: I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the work that was completed. Many times, the crack filler will settle, appearing that it wasn't completed, when in fact, there is filler applied. Also, we can't control the weather, if your sealer was applied and it rained, it will cause the sealer to wash off the driveway. That is out of our control. However, if you had called us to let us know, we would have taken care of it for you. Please, let's touch base in the Spring and we can get the driveway resealed for you. Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to hearing from you. Katie

07/21/2019

Peter O.

We called around to a few contractors in the area to get an assessment on our ~2600 square foot driveway. George from BDB came out to do our estimate and he was a straight shooter. Very knowledgable guy, and gave us a great estimate on the spot - the best price of everyone we called. Office staff were on the ball, and once we had financing in place it was a quick turnaround - persistent wet weather interfered, but so it goes! Driveway just went in and looks and feels amazing. We'll see how it holds up, but right now, I would highly recommend BDB for asphalt needs.

Description of Work
Driveway replacement (tear out)

Category driveway pavers

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the feedback. We strive for excellence and our team is very knowledgeable. We look forward to working with you in maintaining the integrity of your driveway. Katie

08/06/2018

Noreen M.

We had a bad experience based on a recommendation we were given for another paving contractor and that business did a terrible job. We were disgusted needless to say. Based on reviews from Angie's list BDB has such high ratings we decided to give them a call. I explained our situation and they were very understanding. BDB sent a person out to look at the driveway. He told us what they would do to both fix the situation and install with the correct materials. After having gone through what we did we were being very cautious about every little thing. They were truly great sports and listened to our every request. We were probably being a little fussy but we had just been through a bad experience and we had never had a driveway repaved. Devin was also great in trying to work with our very difficult time schedule. So thank you to BDB!! We would highly recommend them. Price wise they are a little pricy and they admit that and they also tried to take into consideration our situation but it was worth it.

Description of Work
Driveway Repaved

07/16/2018

Joseph B.

They showed up on time, provided excellent service. Made sure everything was cleaned up before leaving. I am highly satisfied with the service and material provided. The crew of 2 men were courteous and professional. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
I had my 7000 square foot driveway sealed by BDB Paving.

05/22/2018

ZAMIYAD D.

I contacted BDB paving to get an estimate for a new driveway about one year ago. Even though I did not end up selecting them for a new driveway, they were quite punctual in providing me the estimate. They followed up to know why I had not selected them and also put me on list for seal coating next year. They left me a very reasonable seal coating estimate in my mailbox without me ever contacting them again. They followed up to know my intentions. They accommodated the job starting time to meet my schedule. Their team arrived on time and performed good quality work. Next day they followed up to know how the job went and offered to make any repairs for free if it was needed. Their customer service is terrific. I have noticed that they are always looking for feedback from client. Moreover, the quality of work is very good as well. I would not choose another contractor for seal coating even if it was 10 or 20% cheaper.

Description of Work
SealCoating

05/14/2018

Irene W.

They were very prompt and courteous. They did such a nice job that a friend of mine decided to have them do hers

Description of Work
They did an excellent job on resurfacing my driveway

11/15/2017

William R.

From the time I met George their estimator thru to the completion of the job today, to say I am impressed with BDB would be an under statement. Brad and Katie (I'm told the real boss) and their entire crew have customer satisfaction as their first concern. Their equipment is clean, their crew knowledgeable, and their work exceptional. I have to say they are paving artists as they did their work as if it was their own driveway. Thank you all for a great experience and you are definitely going to be my top paving recommendation.

Description of Work
BDB paved my 3000sqft gravel driveway and parking area.

10/30/2017

Tarri M.

BDB did a great job and I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Driveway sealcoating

10/28/2017

Maureen H.

End of season, I was unable to get a response from some sealcoating businesses (they may have finished for this season) or was asked to wait until next year. I called BDB, and response was quick. I used Angies' list for references, and okayed the work without a formal estimate. In this manner, I hoped to save the business another trip from Ballston Spa for the job. I also was able to have a neighbor's driveway completed on the same day. Very pleased with the communication, price, and the driveway was able to be sealed before winter for two happy customers!

Description of Work
Sealcoating in Albany

10/17/2017

Roseanna G.

Our driveway came out amazing! It looks like a new driveway! The workers were professional and on time. They took their time and made sure that our driveway was perfect. I would highly recommend BDB!

Description of Work
We had just moved into our home in December 2016 and our driveway had not been sealed in lord knows how many years.

10/10/2017

Bob D.

I contacted the company on 9/13/17 to secure a quote to have my 2300sqft driveway sealed along with filling some crackers that developed over time. I received a response from Katie via email within a few hours and was told that they could have a person come by on 9/15/17 to provide a quote. The person arrived promptly as scheduled. I was pleasantly surprised to have the quote come in under a competitors quote (scheduled but never showed up). I immediately called the office followed up with an email to schedule a time to have the work completed. Again I received a quick reply back from Katie and was told that I would be put on the schedule for 9/22/17 (Friday afternoon) and that it would be confirmed on the Wednesday prior (9/20). This is where it goes a little off. I didn’t receive an email or a call on Wednesday to confirm so I sent an email to make sure that I was still on the schedule being that the weather was going to be ideal for that Friday and the next 4-5 days following. On Thursday I received and email from Erin (had been dealing with Katie prior) stating that they were not going to have any crews sealcoating on Friday as “all hands were needed” to work on a road (not driveway) paving job. After receiving the news, I called the office and left a message expressing my disappointment that this was a last minute change. I received a call back and spoke with Erin (not Katie). I again expressed my dissatisfaction with the schedule change and the fact that this “road paving” job mysteriously showed up on their calendar after my job was already scheduled. Erin assured me that they would put me on the schedule for first thing Monday 9/25. The whole reason for having it done on a Friday was because I live on very busy main road and we were using the neighbors driveway across the street to park our cars. The whole idea was so my wife didn’t have to worry about crossing an extremely busy road dues to morning rush hour traffic in order to get to her vehicle. Come Monday, the guys were suppose to be there right around 8am. Turns out they were there at 7:25am and I made it clear that I didn’t get home from work until 7:45am. (I work 3rd shift). Luckily my wife had already left for work but I still had to scramble to get my son’s car out of the driveway. By the time I arrived home, they had already edged the driveway and were blowing off the debris. All in all, the whole job took approximately 1hr 15min. The workers were efficient and neat. The seal coating was applied without getting any on the garage, some wood planters that run along a good portion of the driveway or a brick paver walkway. On the whole, I am happy with the overall job and experience working with this company. The only thing I was not happy about was the last minute rescheduling. A job as big as a road pavement, in my opinion, is not something that just shows up on a schedule. It would seem to me that this job was already planned and either there was a miscommunication within their own office or someone underestimated how much labor they needed to complete that job. I will chalk that up to a fluke thing and would use this company again based on the cost/quality of work/initial communication.

Description of Work
I needed to have my driveway sealed and cracked filled.

Category driveway pavers

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]. I am sorry about the scheduling conflict. However, this commercial project we had scheduled for the week prior was pushed back due to a break down at one of the plants. We do not like to reschedule any jobs as it is an inconvenience for us as well. Also, we like to have 24 hours of dry weather following the sealcoat application. The weather called for rain that evening into Saturday. Please know that we try our best to accommodate every customer. Also, it is a challenge to pin point an exact time. Rush hour traffic in the morning could cause a delay in arrival time or in some cases be non existent and our crew is early. In any case, they are patient and willing to wait for customers to move cars. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with the services. Our crew is neat and efficient. They take their time and do it right. Our materials used is the highest quality and never diluted. Please think of us in the future fur sealing. Thank you for the business. ~Katie

10/05/2017

Bryan S.

The crew did a fantastic job. They got the job done in less time than all the phone calls back and forth. The only downside is there was some confusion and delay scheduling the job, as it had to be rescheduled twice due to schedule constraints on their side. Still a great company to work with.

Description of Work
Sealing of fairly large driveway with a Sealmaster FV, a combination Coal Tar / Asphalt Emulsion.

09/20/2017

John H.

OK but there were delays in starting the job and communication of these issues were not very good at times. When they did start the job they did so during heavy rain which we read is a no no for this type of work. The driveway has noticeable seams and rough patches but overall not worth complaining (it's a driveway)

Description of Work
asphalt driveway

Category driveway pavers

Thank you for the feedback, [Member Name Removed]: This season was very wet and lead to many delays. In order for us to be productive and keep our company moving, we do prep work if the weather is calling for rain and does not have a negative impact on the outcome of the driveway. We do not like to pave in the rain or schedule paving when there is rain in the forecast. However, once we start a driveway and rain passes through, we really have no choice other than to finish the driveway paving. As far as the areas that look rough, after applying sealer (which is recommended after the first year) they won't be noticeable and do not affect the integrity of the material. I apologize if our communication was not to your standards. Thank you for letting us know and we will work on that. Our number one priority is our customers and we want you to be happy with your driveway, even if it is "just a driveway." If for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with the work that was done, please do not hesitate to contact the office and ask for me, Katie Bovee. We want you to know that we value your business and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for the business and enjoy your new driveway. Katie Bovee

08/29/2017

Paul B.

Guys on site worked very well and were respectful of the property. As my profession is in civil highway design, I could tell the guys knew what they were doing and they paid attention to detail. I had full tear out of driveway and full box out of new area. Subgrade was graded and compacted, filter fabric installed, 6" of stone installed then fine graded and compacted. Then 3.5" asphalt and rolled to final surface. Tie-ins to garage, and at my sidewalk that I had always had a tripping hazard, at my request was tied-in perfectly so no more grade problem there. Guys put down just what i had contracted for and took my suggestions of what i wanted done into account on-site. Owner comes and inspects and runs the paver himself. Very nice guy. Overall very happy with the guys and their work, and I am hard to please that way. Katie in the office was very responsive to my emails, got my on the schedule and there was no flim-flam of changed dates, etc. I felt she took care of me and kept me in the loop right up to and through construction date.

Description of Work
Needed full tear out of existing 940 s.f. of asphalt driveway/subgrade and full replacement.

Category driveway pavers

Thank you for the feedback, [Member Name Removed]: It is always nice when we get to work with great people and it is always nice to get a high rating from someone in the civil engineering field! I am sorry to see a lower rating for the price, however, we are fully insured (which is expensive these days, but extremely important) and our equipment is state of the art. We hope you are enjoying your new driveway and we thank you for the business. Happy Fall! ~Katie Bovee

08/18/2017

Kenneth W.

From start to finish, BDB has been one of the most professional companies I have had the pleasure of doing business with. Chris, who provided us with a free estimate, was very knowledgeable, friendly, and took as much time as needed to go over the details of every homeowners individual needs. Katie and Jodie were also very helpful in scheduling difficulties (rain, rain, and more rain!) and also in answering billing inquiries. These three employees impressed me with their professional and friendly response to all my questions. Everyone was pleased with the finished work as well. I highly recommend BDB and remind people to shop quality, not just price!

Description of Work
A group of homeowners located on a cul de sac were looking to have our driveways sealed. We had 3 estimates, and chose to go with BDB Paving.

Category driveway pavers

Thank you for the glowing review, [Member Name Removed]! We try extremely hard to make sure every customer is satisfied with the work that is completed. It makes no difference to us if you have a $100 driveway or a $10,000 driveway. Your satisfaction is our priority, as well as giving you the highest quality of work possible. We are truly grateful for your business. Please keep us in mind for future seal coatings. Happy Fall! ~Katie Bovee

08/16/2017

Kenneth W.

Great! One the most professional companies I've had the pleasure of doing business with. From the very beginning I was impressed. Chris came out to meet me for a free estimate. He was punctual, knowledgeable, and took as much time as needed to go over the details of the services each of us needed. He even suggested one driveway was fine, and to wait another year before re-sealing (I was very impressed by this honesty!). Also, I'd like to give credit to Katie, and Jodie for following up with scheduling concerns (rain, rain, and more rain!) and billing inquiries. All in all, it was a pleasure to business with them, and all were pleased with finished work.

Description of Work
A group of us got together to get quotes for driveway sealing. We actually received quotes from 3 different companies.

Category driveway pavers

Thank again, [Member Name Removed]! I wanted to add that Chris is not only a great employee, but he has been sealing and striping for over 20 years. He knows the ins and outs of seal coat. Thank you for giving him praise and we will pass this review on to him. We are grateful to have him on our team. ~Katie Bovee

08/13/2017

Martha L.

From start to finish I'm glad we had BDB add the top coat to our driveway. Katie was our initial contact and she is personable and professional. The rainy weather we had delayed our job from being done for awhile. August 3 was our day and it was amazing to see the work crew and the equipment used in addition to the asphalt. They edged our old driveway to make sure the new edge would be right. We use to have a 2 inch gap as you entered our garage - not anymore! I highly recommend Brad, the owner, and BDB for any paving work. Our driveway looks great and I'm looking forward to years of use.

Description of Work
Added 2 inch top coat to binder coat of our driveway

Category driveway pavers

Thank you for the feedback, [Member Name Removed]. What a challenge it was to schedule your job, due to the wet weather. We do not schedule paving if the forecast is calling for rain. Sometimes it is hard to tell what mother nature has in store for us for the day. As small business owners, my husband and I have to be careful with what we plan, but keep our guys working so they can provide for their families. With that said, I thank you for your patience with all the shuffling and rescheduling. We hope you are enjoying your new driveway and will talk to you in the Spring for your first year seal! ~Katie Bovee

08/04/2017

Donald W.

They had a big crew and the work went faster than I expected. Final result was excellent. The workers were all very professional. The equipment they used was top notch. The driveway has a horseshoe at the front, a straight section off the horseshoe down to the garage and a turning apron at the bottom in front of the two car garage. They did a great job of edging and cleaning the old driveway before repaving. The driveway looks great with a very even surface with no seams visible. It looks like one continuous surface. They were careful to keep my lawn areas clean and at the end of the project even cleaned the roadway in front of my property.

Description of Work
Repave existing asphalt driveway

Category driveway pavers

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]. The pictures you posted do not do your home justice! You have a beautiful piece of property and we are honored to have been able to give you an exceptional driveway to give your home the functionality and curb appeal it now has. We know you have many choices for driveway paving. We thank you for your business and look forward to working with you in the future. ~Katie Bovee

07/24/2017

Nancy M.

Excellently. Prompt, efficient, professional, thorough, quality job.

Description of Work
Driveway replaced.

Category driveway pavers

Thank you for the feedback, [Member Name Removed]! I know that we had to reschedule you a few times due to this wet season that we are experiencing. With that said, I thank you for your patience and being a fantastic customer to work with. Customers like you make our job extremely rewarding. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your new driveway and we look forward to working with you in the future for sealing. Enjoy the rest of your Summer. ~Katie Bovee