Madison Vinyl

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2010

4.4

Madison vinyl started in 1993 new york. for the first six months, we bought our windows from an extrusion company in knockdown form and assembled them in our garage. business was much better than we had expected the first half year, so in the spring of 1994 we decided to buy the tools and equipment that we needed to manufacture our own windows. we started manufacturing in a 3-car garage. our first installation truck was a dodge d-50 with the tailgate so badly rusted that it was ready to fall off and the back windows broke out, which we had patched with a roll of duck tape. in the fall of 1994, we bought our first cube truck for our one man installation crew. what an improvement over the dodge d-50! we thought we had it made.by 1995 we were pretty crowded and were thinking of building a bigger building, and through some unforeseen circumstances and the sovereignty of god, we ended up choosing bainbridge, new york for our new building. we opened our manufacturing facility in bainbridge in early summer of 1996.we continued selling windows in the madison area (utica, rome, syracuse, and surrounding areas). in the mean time, we started gradually gaining a customer base in the bainbridge, sidney, binghamton, and oneonta areas. by early 1997 we felt it was time to split the business, so the installers that we had at that time took over the northern region (the madison, utica area). they got a building in oriskany falls and started clearveiw vinyl. clearveiw vinyl covered the 315 area code. madison vinyl covered the 607 area code.by the year 2000 we saw the need of an addition. the business kept growing and by 2003 we added another addition. the lord has blessed us, and we trust he will continue to bless us as we give him the glory and honor due unto his name. without him we can do nothing.may jesus christ be glorified in every thing we do....

Kiefer-Randall Construction & Remodeling LLC

Co-owners Tim Kiefer and Jim Randall bring over 38 years of experience in the building and remodeling business as owners, foremen, production manager, estimating and sales, and design and administrative positions. Let us bring our experience, knowledge, multi-year award winning craftsmanship and professionalism into your home as construction company owners and staff that pride ourselves on integrity, treating your home or place of business as if it were our own. Our goal: Raving Fans! Winner of the Binghamton Press and Sun Bulletin's Reader's Choice Award for Best Home Improvement Contractor for 2016. Follow us on Facebook! Additional phone - (607) 321-1631.

08/10/2021

Daniel Kurtz came to my home to give an estimate on installing my windows. He began raising his voice and raised his hands at me attempting to assault me with my three year old in my hand after I asked him to leave my property due to his unprofessional behavior. Please do not support this bigoted company. Protect yourself and your loved ones

Description of Work
Tried to assault me with my child in my hand

04/05/2017

They came out and did estimate. Said they would email estimate. Never did. Would have had work done but must be they didn't want the job?

Description of Work
Needed Windows replaced.

Category replacement windows

Our sales representative provided the homeowner with an estimate on the day he was at the home. The homeowner claimed that he had already received an estimate from another company. We were unable to match the price he had been given from the other company. At that time the homeowner was not interested in our estimate and we did not proceed any further.

06/19/2015

Took an afternoon off to have an estimate done with an appointment for 4 PM. Received a call from the estimator at 4:45 PM that he was on the other side of town. If they can't do a better job of scheduling and showing up for an estimate I cannot trust they would do a good job with new windows. You just lost about $15K Madison Vinyl

Description of Work
Didn't show up for estimate appointment.

Category replacement windows

Scheduling can be very tricky at times. Each homeowner has different needs and expectations when our sales representative visits their home for an estimate. When we schedule estimates, we give a window of time in the event we run late with the estimate scheduled before. As a company we take the time required with each homeowner to meet their expectations. We apologize for any inconvenience this ma...

05/16/2015

didn't use

Description of Work
wanted a quote but never would answer phone and no one was at location when i went there

01/31/2013

They are very nice people. It went perfectly. They did my windows over ten years ago, they saw some of the windows had an issue and they fixed them free of charge!

Description of Work
They put in an energy efficient front door.

Category replacement windows,doors

Thank you for the review. We take great pride in knowing that our customers are satisfied at the end of each project.

06/06/2012

When we purchased our home in March of 2000 the windows were drafty and the wind blew straight through the windows. We looked around for a company to do the replacement windows and were referred to MADISON VINYL WINDOWS of Bainbridge. The sales person came to our home showed us what they do and what could be done for us. A price quote for the work was presented and accepted. They came in October the beginning of our second heating season. The windows were installed, caulked and trimmed. When they left it was like they had not been to our home, everything was picked up and the new windows were in place. Immediately we found a certain quiet in the house we had not experienced before, and best of all the furnace did not seem to go on as much. This was apparent after our second heating season when our budget dropped by a noticeable amount. Great company, great workers, we would use them again if we needed windows.

Description of Work
They came to our home with new windows that were professionally installed in place of all the poor drafty windows that we had. Every window fit exactly as it should. After the install they caulked and trimmed the window. This work as I recall was done in October of 2001, this is now June 2012 and I would go to them again if I needed windows. I have recommended them repeatedly to friends in search of windows.

Category window installer

06/05/2012

They were very professional. I had some questions and some concerns and they were very good in explaining me. One of the carpenters redid a section to please me. I am very happy with the windows.

Description of Work
They replaced windows in my sunroom and installed a siding glass door.

Category window installer","door installer","patio builder

06/29/2011

I was completely satisfied with the replacement windows and all aspects of this job. I had received quotes from several companies and decided to go with Madison vinyl after talking with a few of their references and the fact that they manufacture their own windows. It was a pleasure dealing with them from start to finish. The crew did a fantastic job and were very professional and hard working. The Quality of their work was outstanding and I will have them back next year for more improvements to my home.

Description of Work
Madison Vinyl replaced 14 windows, including aluminum trim in my old farm house in 2 days!

Category window installer","home builder

05/16/2015

didn't use

Category window installer

Manufacture and install windows, entry and patio doors standard & custom shutters.