J.P.S General Contracting

With Angi since March 2019

9170 County Route 7

Avoca, NY 14809

"We take pride in our work" is our company moto and it's not just a slogan, it's our way. From old to new construction. Specializing in exteriors and interiors...shingle and metal roofing, vinyl siding, painting/staining, electrical, insulation, drywall, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, doors and

05/14/2021

William C.

Very professional, great guy. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutter

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thankyou for the opportunity [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure!

11/23/2019

Dan R.

Well I must start off by saying it's my fault for not looking at the contract closer. My fiance was doing the talking with these guys and we had a quote for $7200 that included snow guards for another contractor. These guys charges us $8600 with no snow guards. We really wanted to get it done and didn't want to wait. He came over the night before the work was about to begin, and I didn't read the details close enough. I got a call the next day about adding gutters for $1250. Yes, that sounded steep, but I decided to look into it. When I got home I noticed there were no snow guards mounted. Then I looked at the contract a little closer. *Install ice and water shields" however that did mean snow guards. I signed this contract after a very long day at work. Please ask for a contract must sooner than the night before. We were taken for a ride, and we'll never again call these guys back. Again we were in a hurry to get this done, but I don't think we deserved this. Again it was my fault for not taking the time to actually read the contract. However, taking advantage of people is crap. They say they offer a 10 year warranty with their labor, but after this experience why would I ever call them back. Please folks, take your time. I was willing to pay a little more to get it done sooner. However I ended pay $1400 more for less roof. If you look at these guys please don't make the mistake I did, read the contract, think about before you sign. I found a contractor that was willing to do the gutters for $750.

Description of Work
Replace a Roof

Category electrician, roofing

[Member Name Removed], Our apologies for any misunderstanding or miscommunication. We do guarantee our workmanship 100% no questions asked, to be free of any and all defects for a period of 10years in addition to the manufacturer 40year warranty on metal roofing. This guarantee would be honored regaurdless if you were unsatisfied with our price of installing new seamless gutters. We spoke to your Mrs. about the poor condition of your existing gutters prior to starting the job. After removal of your gutters the poor condition was confirmed however we still gave you an option of re-installing the old gutters, leaving them off, and gave you a price for installing new gutters. Unfortunately we are not a gutter company and do not purchase the material for gutters in large bulk in-order to receive a major discount for the material hence the reason for a slight difference in our price for your gutters. We were under the impression that your fiance would relay the correct information to you as she was the one involved in making all the arrangements and decisions. If you had any other concerns we would have been glad to address them. Here are my issues 1. We gave you a price, gave you all the info, placed the quote in front of you, read the quote together, asked you if you had any other questions, and you agreed to it. You had a choice prior to any work started. 2. Why didnt you chose the company for $1400 less? That is a significant difference, there must have been a good reason for not choosing to save that much. 3. Paperwork clearly states- Ice and water shield (not shields) You are trying to misrepresent what was stated. In no way shape or form did we promise to include gutters, snow guard, or any other optional accessories so how were you taken advantage of? I am sure there are plenty of companies which would have done it cheaper which is not always better. We stand by our products and our workmanship and the proof is in the quality of work. P.s. It has been over a year and no issues with your roof...

Sk construction

I have worked in the construction industry for 15 years and have a wide range of skills. My speciality is concrete work. I can install driveways,sidewalks,foundation repair and vaneer stone. I do brick laying and also will frame garages, do septics and install stone driveways.I like to stay versatile and have a wide range of skills.

Award 2022
    JV Contracting

We are family ran business we have all the right tools to do your job the right way we take pride in are work we have a lot of references you can call and check out for your self

Award 2022
    Norb Miller General Contractor

Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and affordable prices, we are here for you.

Offers by Norb Miller General Contractor on Angi