ANTHONY CERONE BUILDING SERVICES

Founded 1991 • With Angi since September 2008

382 BLUE FACTORY RD

Averill Park, NY 12018

Anthony Cerone and the team at ANTHONY CERONE BUILDING SERVICES offer full-service quality remodeling and building maintenance. Since 1991, we have had the privilege of providing Capital District customers with creative solutions for a variety of improvements and repairs to their home or business

09/04/2019

Leen W.

Tony is the most skilled, competent, and knowledgeable builder we've worked with. He is also generous, glad to share his expertise, and a genuinely warm person with a great sense of humor. His work is exacting, logical and precise. While he renovated the master bathroom he found time to add an outdoor faucet and electric outlet, a dryer exhaust and discovered features of our new old house we didn't know (e.g. an outdoor faucet hidden under the deck). He was great at explaining both why some work was needed and other potential jobs were unnecessary. From helping with planning, materials, appliances and their sources to providing a detailed cost breakdown in the estimate through the final bill, Tony was clear, careful and utterly professional.

Description of Work
bathroom remodelling

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

06/12/2017

Dan C.

Three hour site visit, measured complete job. Quote took months to be sent despite calls. Scope indicated too few ballusters, but price was reasonable. No response to corrected scope for months. Days before due to start re-quote received $2,000 more for corrected scope. Hopeless business organization. Looked for someone more professional. What a waste of time.

Description of Work
Stair ballusters installation

Category woodworking

03/13/2017

Nicholas F.

Tony does a great quality job. He removed a load bearing wall, it took a little longer then desired but the quality of the job was well worth it.

Description of Work
Load bearing wall removal

01/11/2016

Ryan F.

He showed up on time to provide an estimate for a room remodel in one of my tenant apartments. We went over the project I wanted done and he provided some suggestions on how to correct certain issues. He was very nice and professional the whole time. He was obviously very experienced and knowledgeable about general contracting. He took some measurements and said he would get back to me with an estimate. I never heard from him again. I decided to go with Greg M, who was equally as knowledgeable and the project came out great.

Description of Work
Provided estimate on room remodel

08/18/2015

Lynn D.

Description of Work
Sheetrock, electrical, roof, painting

Category remodeling, interior painters

08/15/2015

Lynn D.

Very down to earth, knowledgeable and reasonable. I would highly recommend him. Very meticulous and highly professional. He had a big job to accomplish and he did it in the timetable we talked about. Nothing at all negative!!! Thank you Tony!!

Description of Work
Will be repairing ice damage to my home

Category remodeling, roof snow removal

07/27/2015

michael P.

Came to look at Patio and was going to write an estimate . its been 3 weeks and i never heard back from him he said it would take about a week to get back to me with the estimate.

Description of Work
concrete patio

Category concrete repair, remodeling

06/22/2015

Susan J.

Description of Work
Leaks indoors, as everybody knows, can be a problem in terms of determining the source. Anthony looked carefully at ceiling and roof locations and returned during rainy periods to look for the water's path. He did not give up when the first several possibilities did not turn out to be true causes of interior water problems. He finally saw (in the rain) that the fault lay in a failing section of gutter, which sent water along the side of the building, down the inside of a screened-porch door, and eventually into the space below. He organized an estimate and replaced the door (badly outdated and worn)with an all-weather model, the gutter and its alignment, blocked the interior water path, and (while he was at it) scraped and painted the floor of the porch as I had also asked. The price above includes time for a few visits he made to try to find the source of the leak, before it was found and the work could begin. He is on time, very neat, absolutely quality, does what he says he will do, manages any workers he brings along well, points out potential money-saving choices, and keeps working until the job is done ... even if he underestimated the time or cost. He has also replaced a flat roof and decking, tracked down an earlier persistent leak, rebuilt an entryway, rehabilitated a store room, and done other work large and small for me.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

05/28/2015

Kelly O.

Tony did an excellent job. He is very detail oriented and very talented. He is always friendly and polite, and was very patient with my barky dogs. He showed up every day, cleaned up after himself every night, and the work he did was beautiful. The only frustration I had was the timing (he originally estimated 2 weeks to complete the job, it took 2 months). To be fair we did lose a few days here and there over the winter because of horrible weather, but it was difficult because I work from home and I could not access my home office on the second floor for such a long period of time. All that being said, I would use Tony again, he is an extremely talented contractor, and he wanted the job done right, not just quickly. If I had known about how long it would take, I would have done it in the spring or summer when I and the dogs were not stuck in the back room of the house all day due to the weather, but the final product was definitely worth it in the end. If you have a challenging project you need done by a skilled contractor, and speed is not an issue for you, I highly recommend Tony, you won't regret giving him a call.

Description of Work
reinforced stairs, reframed wall outside stairs, sheetrock, paint, trim. installed new railings and banisters, covered existing treads and risers in hardwood.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters

10/23/2014

John F.

Description of Work
Rebuilt our screened porch |Rebuilt our front porch |Excellent work |Excellent communication

07/28/2014

Anne T.

The front porch of my stucco house had been shifting away from the house leaving large cracks and gaps between the house and the porch. They dug out the old posts supporting the porch. Unfortunately the original posts had been dug down into the ground further than usual for such porches. That meant that they had to dig down by hand several feet more than expected. New footings were poured and new piers and support posts were put in. While this work was going on the porch had to be supported and pushed back into place. The large gaps in the stucco became just cracks the were re-stuccoed. The front steps that had deteriorated badly were repalced with pressure treated wood. All this work was done during some very cold and snowy weather.

Description of Work
Stabilized the front porch and replaced the steps to the porch.

Category decks, remodeling

07/28/2014

Hal L.

It went very well. I have used him in the past and trust him implicitly. I had significant ice damming over our front porch, and he recommended a new ventilated vinyl material which lets the small attic space above the porch breathe, lessening the temperature differential between it and the outside air. During the process, they found and repaired a broken roof rafter which we hadn't known about. Removal of the old porch ceiling and its disposal was included, and the site was left clean and proper. He and his workers are fully insured, making his cost a little higher than the fly-by-night 'contractors' who ply the area with saws and hammers in their trunk, but his professionalism and competence are absolutely worth every penny.

Description of Work
Installed ventilated ceiling material on a covered porch

05/14/2014

Dave R.

I needed a major exterior wall repair done due to water damage. I contacted Tony for an estimate and he professional and prompt with returning my call in a reasonable time frame. He showed up as promised for the estimate, was very thorough in the details of what he would do and also offered some other advice on what to do. Tony emailed me a written estimate later that day which was exact to what he said it was going to be. I hired Tony to do the work and he showed up exactly at the agreed upon date/time. Quality workmanship on the finished product.

Description of Work
Exterior wall structural repair

Category drywall, remodeling, water damage restoration

05/07/2014

Patricia W.

Description of Work
My bathtub drain in the cellar started leaking and we have an old house with old plumbing. Mr. Cerrone came began the repair, more things crumbled and finished the job and even did a little side job for me with my bathroom sink. He had repaired a burst pipe in January for us and I did not hesitate to call him again.

05/05/2014

JOHN M.

Anthony did a very good job. He listened closely to our requests and went out of his way to meet them. He was professional and considerate. We definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Replaced lower part of a wall that had been damaged by a water leak. Removed heating unit mounted on wall. Replaced bathroom fan. Fixed mounting of front screen door.

Category drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, ceiling fans, doors

02/20/2014

Christi W.

Description of Work
Estimate to replace one door and put in 20 feet of gutter.

09/04/2013

Robert J P.

We requested an estimate from Cerone Builders. Mr. Cerone himself came to do the estimate. He was punctual and professional. We had a list of work from fairly minor to major (removing load bearing walls). Mr.Cerone toured our home listening to what we needed/wanted done as well as any concerns that we had. He asked pertinent questions and answered questions that we had with knowledge and professionalism. The estimate that we received was detailed and complete. It showed that he was paying attention and listening to our concerns. Some things on the estimate seemed a bit high, but are probably comparable to other companies in the area.

Description of Work
Due to a number of circumstances we have not had the work completed.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

06/17/2013

Philip & Lauren B.

Pipe burst in the laundry room on one of the coldest nights of the years and soaked everything. Called Tony after the initial emergency service to stop the flood to get a quote for the repairs. He responded quickly and worked up a quote to not only repair the room but make some improvements to ensure it wouldn't happen again. This was a tough job because they had to completely rebuild the floor and the footing underneath. Work progressed quickly and they made a couple of great suggestions along the way to improve the electrical in the room. Finished on time and will definitely be using them in the future for any other repairs and improvements.

Description of Work
Repaired the walls and floors of a laundry room after a burst pipe.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration

05/20/2013

Aimee M.

I have had several interactions with Tony over the past month or so in order to develop an estimate for replacing our old deck. He has been professional, fair, and prompt in his interactions with us and demonstrates good attention to detail. We have not yet had the work completed

Description of Work
We are awaiting a final estimate from Tony Cerone for a replacement deck. So we haven't yet had the work performed, but based on what I have seen so far, I think that we can expect a professional job.

Category decks, remodeling

03/01/2012

Rhea T.

Very pleased with the work that was done.

Description of Work
We had a vertical flood in the house due to backed up rainwater resulting from an ice dam on the roof. I hired Tony to remove and replace damaged sheet rock on the first and second floors of the house. He and his crew did an excellent job. They are friendly, considerate and professional. Since that job I had Tony install a new fan for the MBR bath and we will be having him back again soon to do some other smaller jobs.

08/01/2011

Janice C.

He seemed very responsive and so I had a very good experience. A few times I had an emergency and he had come to my rescue. I will use his services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Anthony Cerone Building Services for remodeling. I last used his services about six or seven months ago I think.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling

04/21/2011

Susan J.

The crew showed up on time and completed the job within the one-week window estimated (shop with the storeroom was closed for business that one week). It is a pleasure to do business with Tony. He is neat, well organized, of good humor, skilled and experienced, honest, and intelligent. It is clear that his workers enjoy working on his crew. Tony does what he says he will do, and expects the highest quality of himself. I think his prices are reasonable but, once he did his first job on this building 3 years ago, I have not bothered to shop around much so I do not have a point-to-point comparison with what another contractor would charge. Tony rehabs and takes care of buildings all over this area from time to time, and it is easy to see why. I'd recommend him for anything. Feel free to contact me for questions.

Description of Work
Removed fire-hazard foam insulation from commercial storeroom in an old cinder block building; installed studs, new insulation, sheet rock; painted; reinstalled floor-to-ceiling storeroom shelves. Reinstalled metal door and frame in concrete wall. Since the job listed above: In early February, Anthony and one worker arrived upon my call for help and shoveled two feet of heavy, crusted snow off my flat-roof building. It took the 2 men six hours to complete the job. A 3rd job: reoriented a tall, antique exterior oak door elsewhere in the same building, so it would fit and operate correctly in its frame.

Category drywall, electrician, insulation, masonry, remodeling, roofing, roof snow removal, woodworking, interior painters, doors

01/10/2011

Teresita F.

The work went well. Both persons showed up on time and worked diligently.

Description of Work
I needed to replace the garage side door jam that had rotted. Exterior soffitt repairs, install new gutters in rear of house as well as gutter guards, adjust drafty front entry door, fix chimney trim, installed a refrigerator ice maker connection.

Category electrician, gutter repair, remodeling, chimney repair, doors

08/09/2010

Hal L.

Excellent! When they removed the old discolored and failing porch ceiling material, they discovered a roof leak and a cracked roof joist, neither of which I knew about and both of which were properly repaired. I have had this company perform previous work on my 1860's farmhouse, including some roof repairs and the installation of new kitchen cabinets. Tony is extremely knowledgeable in the building trades, he and his crew are absolutely honest and competent, and I trust no one else to touch my house. He's a little more expensive than some fly-by-night contractors with a hammer and saw in their trunks, but he carries full insurance on all his crew, something most contractors claim to do but don't. And, everything gets done right the first time, and he'll even return if need be (which no one else ever does). He can do everything from simple repairs to complete stick-built homes. I highly, highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replaced an exterior porch ceiling (old hardboard) with a new vented vinyl beadboard product in the same color as existing trim. Looks great, and will now provide enhanced air circulation between the ceiling and upper roof.

Category custom cabinets, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, garage builders, home remodeling, doors

09/22/2008

Susan J.

I find him to be responsive, very good estimates, show up when they say they are going to. He is a man of good character and tells what he can or cannot do for the customer. The prices above are for several jobs.

Description of Work
They have been out to do a complete roof replacement on a commercial building, and has done several repairs for me too.

Category remodeling, roofing

Houle's Painting and Construction

Houle's painting & construction specializes in painting interior, exterior of houses. We also do siding, doors, windows, trim, sheet rock, plumbing, and roofing. I have about ten years of experience in construction. Learning and teaching all the right ways to do it. The workers I have are not new to this either. We work together to accomplish any obstacle in our way. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your estimate today!

J&A Painting

J&A Painting is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business. Worked for different painting companies for years and now decided to open our own painting business.

G & G Pro Painting LLC

Interior/Exterior Painting and Staining Deck Staining Pressure Washing Free Estimate/Insured Please Call (518) 339-7978

RENOVATIONS, RESTORATIONS, ADDITIONS, BATHROOMS, KITCHENS, FINISHED BASEMENTS, DECKS, DOORS, SIDING, WINDOWS, JACKING & LEVELING, STRUCTURAL REPAIR, CARPENTRY, ELECTRICAL, HVAC, MASONRY, PLUMBING, ROOFING, COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL BUILDING MAINTENANCE.