NEW SUPERIOR TUB REFINISH CORP

Founded 1995 • With Angi since September 2006

14-43 30TH DR.

Astoria, NY 11102

ALSO SERVICE PORTIONS OF NASSAU & WESTCHESTER COUNTIES....

10/18/2021

Richie K.

Poor experience and would recommend you go with a more professional company. A few minor issues that leads to a bad experience. 1) Cash/check only company. Not a huge deal, but definitely a negative. 2) They left everything covered when complete and don't return the next day to clean up/remove the garbage. (See pictures) 3) They removed the shower doors and don't put them back on. (See pictures). They refuse to send anyone back to put the doors back on because they "aren't trained to do that". If that's the case then why did they remove the doors in the 1st place? Communicate with your customer before you do something like that, not after? In my opinion, the job was only half done. Sub-par business with sub-par management.

Description of Work
Tub reglazing

Category bathtub refinishing

When someone has to pay with someone else money, that should already be a red flag. But going further, this customer is complaining about the protective papering we left intentionally, so that once the product dries in 24 hours they can easy peel it off and use, as instructed over the phone the day before.

10/20/2018

Sandy M.

Carlos was very professional guy. Finish the job in a timely matter and cleaned up after himself. I love the results of the job. I highly recommend this company for all your refinishing jobs. Thank you Ricardo and Carlos.

Description of Work
Reglaze an old bathtub

06/01/2018

Barbara C.

They were on time and finished in a blink of an eye. Extremely polite as well. I would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
refinish 2 bathtubs

Category bathtub refinishing

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure seeing this review from you.

10/24/2017

Linda Q.

The initial job was very nice, but left with drips which the company warranties against. They came a second time removed the drips, but also left the area rough and without shine. They sent a mechanic a third time and the person didn't do much to correct it. When I called the company to complain they said the loss of since was due to use which was nonsense since the area with no shine was the area they redid. It was just poorly done. She they seemed responsive I had hopes they would be a great vendor. I was disappointed in the end. I won't use them again. They are penny wise and pound foolish.

Description of Work
Glazing of bath tub.

10/03/2017

Roger S.

The fella that came was very personable, knew his business, and did a great job.

Description of Work
They re-glazed my tub.

09/13/2017

Gina M.

I am happy to say the glazing has restored the bath tub to a smooth, enamel-like surface, and looks almost brand new with minor spots/imperfections. I would recommend using such services in the future as it is less expensive than purchasing new bath tub. It was affordable and the guy who did the service was pleasant and friendly. We used the resurfaced tub well after 48 hrs without any problems. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We needed to resurface our old tub.

08/23/2017

Mary G.

The company did an excellent job. The management and workman were informative, helpful, courteous and satisfactorily answered all my questions and concerns. The refinishing job was excellent. Several neighbors and friends who have seen my tub were so impressed that have asked me for the company's contact information.$

Description of Work
Needed my tub refinished.

08/10/2017

Margaret D.

With a newly reglazed tub, you could tell the quality of the material was low and worksmanship was low. Four months later, we had a number of bubbles or gouges that emerged. We asked for them to review and fix. They claim that these marks made by owner. We only keep shampoo bottles in tub, which shouldn't even make a scratch if they fell let alone a gouge. They are nice and professional, but quality of work is not there. I'd pay more to have a tub that lasts for a few years. Now I have to spend more money to have tub redone by another vendor less than 6 months later.

Description of Work
We used Superior Tub to reglaze our bathroom tub.

07/20/2017

Virginia L.

Scheduling was also prompt and easy. Will definitely use again if needed in the house. Arrived on exactly on time and did work in anticipated time frame. Very impressed with Victor's manner and efficiency. VERY workmanlike. Vented out a adjacent room window, as bath window does not open. Tub looks great. Will see how it wears but I am optimistic. One word to the wise - dust is the enemy of this finish while it is curing. Didn't realize that. Would have done a major wipe down on entire room if I had known.

Description of Work
Resurface an oversized 1922 bathtub

05/18/2017

Steve F.

Punctual, polite, competent, fair price. Definitely recommend. I previously got a quote from BathFitters--a different service which does custom fibreglas inserts over the old tub--for about $6,000. I understand it is a better and more durable solution--but for me, not worth ten times the cost! So far I am very happy with the appearance and function of the refinishing job.

Description of Work
Two bathtubs refinished ($300 each).

04/17/2017

Benjamin H.

The technician was late and I had to call to find out where he was. The owner said he was running 20 minutes late because of traffic. He arrived an hour late. After that things went fine but the technician clearly resented me asking questions about the process and checking what was being done. The finished product looks fantastic and didn't take long at all.

Description of Work
Refinishing a slightly smaller than standard tub.

04/13/2017

Sandy G.

Perfect -care was taken to protect all the areas in the bathroom. Tub looks great !

Description of Work
bath tub reglazing

04/11/2017

June R.

Very well professional clean quick. Right on time excellent.

Description of Work
Tub reglazed

04/10/2017

BOB P.

Their work was more than satisfactory. The price was reasonable, they gave me a deduction. They arrived on time. I would consider using them again, because I had spoke with another company, and they wanted to make a big deal out of the whole thing. They wanted to come here and look at it first. I completely discounted them. The worker didn't speak English that well. He was of Hispanic origin. I would hope he's not an illegal immigrant. Naturally we know what's happening today in America, everyone is talking about it. We were able to communicate. It took 2 hours to complete the job.

Description of Work
They refinished the bathtub.

02/26/2017

M B.

I picked this company because of its positive reviews and reasonable pricing, and above all because they answered all my questions promptly and comprehensively. I would hire them again because of their impeccable customer service and high level of trustworthiness. The process itself could have been smoother (the first technician did not do a good job, but they came back and redid the work a second time without ever arguing; then they sprayed a thin layer of paint all over the bathroom tiles, which took me 30 mn to clean up with nail polish remover -- but it did go away), but they were very professional and friendly and I appreciated their responsiveness. Now the bathtub looks great, and after all that's what matters.

Description of Work
Reglaze the bathtub in a prewar apartment.

01/30/2017

Carol M.

Excellent! Professional! Covered everything to prevent overspray from getting on tile, floors, faucets, etc

Description of Work
Bathtub needed to be reglazed

01/30/2017

Mary K.

Th woman who came was professional and got the job done promptly. The tub looks great and the price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
bath tub refinishining

09/26/2016

madeleine S.

very well.The person came on time and finished within the estimated time frame. And he was neat and clean and left everything in good order.

Description of Work
reglazing bathtub

08/23/2016

tim T.

The guys were great from start to finish. They showed up on time, and completed the work in less than two hours. The worker had a family emergency and had to leave suddenly, forgetting to put down the non-skid surface I had paid for. When I brought it to their attention the next day, they promptly issued me a refund. I would use them again tomorrow, and plan to recommend them to my neighbors.

Description of Work
they reglazed by tub

05/24/2016

Jonathan R.

I am not sure of the actual workers name that came to my house, but I spoke to Michael and Riccardo on the phone in the office. The worker, who came to my house was very professional, and neat. He taped up everything to make sure not to get any paint on anything that wasn't supposed to be reglazed. I noticed the next morning that there were drip marks in certain spots on the tiles. I called and Riccardo sent him out the next day to repair them. After it dried I went into the bathroom and noticed that there was some rough spots around where he had to sand down the drip marks. I am giving an A for overall quality because besides for the rough spots everything else looks amazing.

Description of Work
All ceramic tiles in and out the bathtub, as well as the bathtub and putting down antiskid on the bathtub floor.

Category ceramic tile

04/13/2016

jodi M.

needed a sink re-glased. Was NEVER told that there is no guarantee on sinks - just bathtubs. I will admit that the areas they repaired look great. The only problem is that they re-glased the entire sink and now the exterior which wasn't chipping before is now chipping and they will not remedy because they claim they told me it wasn't guaranteed.

Category bathtub refinishing

Good afternoon, we appreciate you being honest about how our work turned out to be a good fix but as we discussed over the phone, all our office staff is trained to clearly state that jobs on sinks are not warranted due to the harsh treatment they experience in comparison to a bathtub. We practice full disclosure at all times. Either way, your feed back is highly appreciated, this helps ur company seal any gaps we might not see. Thank you.

03/19/2016

Curtis M.

One guy came in and finished the job in a couple hours. He was very professional and the results are a testament to that. I will be using this company for future projects.

Description of Work
Refinished bathtub

Category bathtub refinishing

Your review will definitely spread the word about our stride in keeping our work high quality. Much appreciated.

01/13/2016

Jared T.

Extremely happy with the job done. I called on a Wednesday and they gave me a time for the next day. Showed up on time and did the job withing the time said. Very professional and good at making sure the work was done without creating too much of a disturbance. Bathtub came out looking brand new! Very pleased and would use again and or recommend.

Description of Work
Refinished entire bathub

Category bathtub refinishing

We always try our best to accommodate all clients, thank you for the review the demonstrates that.

01/10/2016

Catherine M.

New Superior Tub contractor came to our house on new year's eve and refinished our tub. They were right on time and came with everything needed to do the job in just a few hours. They secured the area and kept all odors to a minimum. Our old tub, which had been peeling for years, looks brand new. The paint dried in 24 hours and we were so excited. We also realized afterwards that we hadn't taken off the overflow screen before the re-painting, so we called to ask them to come back and fix that. They came the next day and made the fix for free. Our tub looks great!

Description of Work
New Superior Tub refinished/reglazed our tub.

Category bathtub refinishing

We strive to make our clients happy. No matter how much a company invests on advertising, its good reviews from customers like yourself that matter most. Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed] for this kind review.

12/18/2015

allan R.

The worker arrived on time, and quietly did the work on the scheduled date There was a small area that I thought had not been done correctly so I contacted the company. The company in turn sent a worker today, who actually arrived early and finished off the area that i had been unhappy with. I thought it was very good for the company to respond to my request and I would therefore give them an A rating

Description of Work
Glazed tub and bathroom tile walls

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for sharing your positive experience. We appreciate the kind review.