HD Renovations

Founded 2010 • With Angi since June 2010

With my years of experience we have mastered in becoming a pro in all interior renovations and specialized in door and frame installation for interior and exterior doors. Kitchen Installation with best outcome results and detailing and bathroom remodeling. Fully licensed and insured!!!...

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

A Service Provider's profile image

+41 more images

handyman (94)interior painting (30)woodworking (15)drywall (14)tile installation (11)home remodeling (10)plumbers (10)flooring (6)basement remodeling (4)concrete repair (4)house painting (3)cabinet refacing (1)

06/13/2022

Aaron C.

It was a pleasure working with HD. From beginning to end, Dominick was professional, detail-oriented, kind, and tidy. He communicated clearly and was very helpful in trouble-shooting issues that came up along the way. We are very happy with the results and hope to work with him again!

Description of Work
Installed custom front door, renovated front entryway including new tile floors, exterior brick work, and dry wall repairs. They also helped us with a variety of smaller interior projects -- installing new kitchen faucet, tile/grout repair in bathroom, etc.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

Thank you for the generous words. It was a pleasure to have exquisite clients like your selves. I look forward to working with you in the future!

05/11/2021

Abby C.

Domenick did a great job of refinishing my cabinets and making them look brand new. The specialized refinishing paint for the cabinets was odorless. He replaced all the hardware and the job was done in approximately 4 days. He also did a beautiful job painting the entire interior of my home. My house looks fresh and new. The painting of my home took about one week. He also did other tasks, replaced an Air Conditioner in the bedroom, put together 2 pieces of furniture from Wayfair, cleared the gutters outside my home. He is pleasant, honest, reliable and a pleasure to do business with.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet refinishing/resurfacing and interior painting of the entire house

Category cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

02/13/2021

aldo C.

Handy Dominick is very experienced and professional contractor. I had an old apartment and he renovated the apartment from scratch. I was so pleased with the quality and timing of the job. He was very clean, organized, on time. He is such an honest and true person always suggesting the best for the outstanding outcome of the job. The price he charged me was average to high but very worth it for the quality of results he provided. Dominick completed the job on the same time frame he quoted. He is very punctual and precise with his work. I highly recommend Dominick and his crew.

Description of Work
Remodeling all apartment

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/13/2021

Thank you it was a pleasure to work with you. Wish most clients like you. Hope to work with you again.

12/17/2020

Deborah D.

All of the work was done professionally and with great attention to detail. The owner “Dominick” was present each day and discussed any questions or concerns regarding this project. His two assistants were also very thorough. At the end of each day, the work area was swept and vacuumed. I was 100% satisfied. I would definitely use the services of this company again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting, repair of interior stairs, replacement of tile flooring, repairs of damaged walls, repair of grouting, painting of exterior doors

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!! It was such pleasure working for you.

11/28/2020

Abby C.

Domenick is a professional craftsman. He kept to a tight schedule, always showed up on time and did a great job. He gave us creative ideas that would work in our space. Domenick and his team were pleasant to work with. From the moment they entered our home they worked a full day and showed up everyday. Domenick enjoys and takes pride in his work. We are extremely pleased with the final result. Our basement bathroom was transformed into an oasis with a spa feel. The main area in the basement and hallway leading to the basement was also transformed into a warm, welcoming living space. The work he performed in 3 weeks was: Build a new shower/tile with a design/create a shower bench/install shower panel/tile behind the vanity with the design trim/install the vanity/move plumbing, gas and electrical for the shower and vanity with light fixture/tile the floor/install a stackable washer and dryer/build out a wall to divide the storage area and heat unit/install a sliding barn door/paint the bathroom, main room and hallway up to the kitchen door/ installed 3 windows, an air conditioner and installed recessed lighting in the bathroom/installed interlocking vinyl flooring in the storage area, main room and stairs (repaired two broken stairs and lots of extras, e.g. installed a lighting fixture in the hallway by the stair landing, a make up/shaving mirror in the bathroom, installed window treatments and assembled a 70 inch TV storage cabinet). We have booked him for future projects. We highly recommend Domenick and his team.

Description of Work
Remodeling the basement including remodeling the basement bathroom

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Review for HD Renovations - 25-89 44th St, Astoria, NY - 39051711

02/22/2020

Michael B.

The work was quickly and well done, for less than the estimate. (I would call the job perfect if it had been easier to schedule.)

Description of Work
My door needed repair where the latch is mounted.

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

10/23/2019

Danielle S.

Dominick was fantastic. He responded to me super quickly, came out for a quote and a week later the work was done. He worked very fast and gave a reasonable quote. He removed a cabinet in the kitchen so we’ll he was able to reassemble it. He cleaned up nicely after the work was done, even mopped the floors! I will definitely be working with him again for future projects.

Description of Work
Dishwasher installation, drywall renovation, concrete steps

Category concrete repair, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 10/12/2019

Review for HD Renovations - 25-89 44th St, Astoria, NY - 38188784

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]. It was such pleasure work for you. Always available whenever you need my help.

10/06/2019

Mary E.

Dominick did an excellent job on my project, which was to scrape our bathroom ceiling, do some light replastering, and prime and paint with a special anti-mold paint. He and his assistant arrived on time both days, took great care to protect our floors and bathroom, and even vacuumed our ceiling vent for us. His prices are on the high side, but we're thrilled with the result and would work with him again.

Description of Work
Drywall

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

08/20/2019

Seth Z.

He is a most excellent and honest worker and truly knows what he is doing. Dominick also cleaned up after all the work was done. He is friendly, honest and a decent gentleman. Someone I would use again and again in the future. Once you find a good and trustworthy person, you stick with them and Dominick is the one for our home projects.

Description of Work
Painting, fixing upper wall to ceiling cracks, fixed and properly re-installed bathroom hanging shower doors, installed back splash in kitchen and various new carbon monoxide detectors and other assorted work. In addition Dominick fixed our front walkway flagstones with new concrete.

Category concrete repair, handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 08/20/2019

Thank you look forward to long lasting relationship.

06/03/2019

Lawrence M.

Simply fantastic. Dominick always goes above and beyond to make sure the job is done and we’re left smiling. Brings passion to the job and troubleshoots excellently. Highly recommend him. We are using him again for all our house needs big and small.

Description of Work
Extensive renovation

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

05/21/2019

Mary M.

Fantastic!!!! Dominic is a real pro and a gentleman. No issues whatsoever and I look forward to having him work here again. Recommended without question.

Description of Work
Household repairs, e.g., faucets, drapery hardware, door moldings, etc.

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure to work with you. Hope to help you in the future. Thank you

01/29/2019

Doris K.

Dominick and his helper, Nicolaus, did a lot: Shaved down 17 doors so they can close properly and stay closed. Caulking - removed old caulking around bathtub and re-caulked, Fire Alarms - installed 6 Fire Alarms (on different floors), Weather Stripping for Entry Doors Upstairs & Downstairs, and I asked him if he could also install the Address sign on the outside for us & he even added painting a bathroom the same day. He was amazing. We are very happy with Dominick and would highly recommend him. We also had him come back another time to do another job (baseboard shoe molding). He did a beautiful job with the shoe molding too. He is reliable, trustworthly and hard working. Dominick takes pride in his work and wants to make sure his customers are happy. We will be asking Dominick to help us with any projects that come up. It's great to have someone you can rely on and who is nice to deal with.

Description of Work
We are so happy we found Handy Dominick through Angie's list. He is excellent. We had a list of things we needed help with and Dominick took care of all of them and a few extra things we needed when he was there. Dominick is a pleasure to deal with and his wife, Maria, makes the appointments. They are both very nice people.

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/12/2019

We really appreciate to have clients like you. We are always here and ready to help you. We look forward to a long lasting relationship. Thank you [Member Name Removed].

01/10/2019

jim M.

I contacted Handy Dominick based on the terrific reviews he received on Angie's List. From my experience I can confirm those reviews are well-deserved. Dominick was a pleasure to work with. The quality of the work was excellent and so was the timing. I was under a tight deadline to get my apartment into shape and Dominick fit me into his schedule and then got everything done on time as promised . This was especially noteworthy because in several cases the work was more involved than expected (for example, it turned out that the previous kitchen floor had not been installed properly) and also I added a few items to the project as it went along. Besides the "big stuff" - painting and replacing the kitchen floor - Dominick addressed my accumulated wish list of minor repairs and enhancements. For example, he fixed closet doors that weren't closing properly, replaced a defective bathtub spout, replaced a rusty shower rod, installed a new shower head, Dominick is a problem-solver. He had great suggestions, for example he came up with an attractive way to insulate a heating pipe and upgraded my lighting by finding LED fixtures ("cans") that worked with my old track light track. Additionally, I appreciated Dominick's familiarity with working in co-ops. He was great on providing all the required paperwork - license, insurance certificate, indemnity agreement. And he fully complied with all the co-op's rules regarding work hours, removal of debris, etc. As in any project, there was a punch list at the end (in this case really just a few odds and ends), and Dominick was very gracious and attentive in resolving those items. I came away feeling very happy with the work itself and also very happy with the experience of meeting and working with Dominick and his wife Maria (who handles some of the scheduling and paperwork). I know I am repeating myself but Dominick was a pleasure to work with. With his positive attitude and creativity, he took situations that seemed hard and complicated and made them look easy.

Description of Work
thorough refresh of a 2 BR apartment: painting, new kitchen floor, new ceiling fans/lights, new bathroom medicine cabinet, sink and vanity, numerous small repairs and improvements (please note that project price listed below includes light fixtures, medicine chest, vanity, floor tiles etc.)

Category handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure to work with you as well

12/31/2018

Jeff F.

Dominick was a pleasure to work with and I look forward to working with him again. He listened to what we wanted, gave constructive / helpful suggestions but was not pushy, and overall did quality work. I also liked that even though the jobs we had him doing were on the smaller side, he seemed to care just as much as if this were a whole house renovation - I never felt rushed or that we were taking his time away from other more pressing things. A ++!

Description of Work
Minor things around the house - mounting shelves and installing a magnetic knife holder in ceramic tile

Work Completed On 12/26/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure to work with you and look forward to building a long lasting relationship. Thank you speak to you soon!

12/26/2018

Michael O.

From the start, Dominick approached the job with a positive, "can do" attitude. After starting the work, we realized things were going to be a bit more challenging than we had originally thought. My kitchen would need some custom plumbing to make the new appliances fit. Dom handled the situation like a true professional and with a little bit of troubleshooting, he figured out the solution with ease. He's such an expert craftsman, I might ask him to help fix up my dad's vacation house.

Description of Work
Installation of washer/dryer & dishwasher in my kitchen, 3 doors hung, customization to one of my kitchen cabinets

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

Review for HD Renovations - 25-89 44th St, Astoria, NY - 37633508

Thank you [Member Name Removed] I appreciate and thank you for your generosity. I look forward to working with you in the future.

12/18/2018

Dominick V.

Did not follow instructions. Handrail which failed due to use of wrong fasteners.Left trim on sink unfinished. Waste line under sink has to be redone due to incorrect installation costing me $200. Dont know what the handrail will cost or the trim that has to be cut. I would never hire this man or recommend his company.Complained about having to go to Brooklyn and that he wasnt making enough money.

Description of Work
rehab a kitchen

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/18/2018

This job is two years later and was done perfect thank you happy new year

08/09/2018

Brienne M.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dominick and the service provided by him and his wife. Not only did he take the time to do a thorough assessment prior to beginning work, he fielded our various questions all throughout the process. Dominick is incredibly professional and the job was completed in the time frame he first gave us and at a reasonable price. I highly recommend Dominick and know if we need to, we will reach out to him again for future.l projects.

Description of Work
Painting & Plaster/Sheetrock Repair

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] we appreciate it and look forward to helping you in the future. Have great rest of the summer

08/02/2018

Scott E.

Ignored repeated requests for quotes

Description of Work
Ignored repeated requests for quotes

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed] sorry for the inconvenience I did call twice and left a message. No response. Sorry for the inconvenience have great summer

07/29/2018

Tins C.

Dominick and his workers were amazing! My father was in the hospital and I had a small window of time to get the work done. They arrived and completed the job beautifully and quickly. My Dad has a great looking bedroom and an accessible bathroom! These gentlemen were respectful and hardworking. I will recommend to everyone!!

Description of Work
bedroom and bathroom renovation

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/24/2017

Thank you Tina. We appreciate clients like you

06/24/2018

Donna M.

Excellent work. Reliable, honest and reasonably priced. Dominick was able to fix dryer vent problem that several others could not. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Drywall repair, ac duct repair, dryer vent repair, concrete floor, tile/grout, caulking, remove/reinstall toilet and vanity, painting

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/23/2018

Thank you so much look forward to helping you in the future.

06/19/2018

Philip R.

I had Dominick to do a big project last year. Had to have him back to rennovate my 1940's bathroom which is even bigger! Dominick is something that ia hard to come by these days. He is trustful, respectful, Kind, and listens to his customers. He truly cares about his work and really wants perfection from it. Dominick and his partner work great together too. Dominick by himself turned our home to look great since May of 2017. And we still need him to come back to do more! He literally knows how to do everything. Nothing gets in his way. He is a very bright person. His wife Maria who helps appointments is also great. They make a good pair. I have sent Dominick to a few people I know. They all loved him. Me and my family love you Dominick. And you will be only person that we will call do have work done. Thank you very much. You will 110 percent be hearing from us again!

Description of Work
Bathroom rennovation, Painting, light fixtures/switches,etc.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

Review for HD Renovations - 25-89 44th St, Astoria, NY - 37166074

Thank you [Member Name Removed] we appreciate it

06/12/2018

dana V.

Dominick and Maria were communicative, and my projects done in a timely manner. Dominick is reliable, clean, and professional. Would recommend

Description of Work
Flooring and plumbing

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling