A & B Home Service LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since March 2014

223 RT-67

Amsterdam, NY 12010

Additional Contact: Brian Lee (518)888-5299. . The owners of A&B HOME SERVICE LLC are on the jobsite from start to finish. We do all the work ourselves from the estimates to the installs to insure everything is 100% satisfactory to our clients.We take pride in our detailed orientated

12/21/2020

Michelle K.

We loved working with A & B Home Service LLC - we got several quotes from local roofers. Their price was the best. They were incredibly honest with us from the beginning about what we needed immediate repair on and what we could wait on. They were professional and even went so far as to change out the color of our roof shingles, after the project was started, because we were not fully satisfied with our choice. We really appreciated this, and it shows how far they will go to make their customers happy. They also were very meticulous about their clean up and even used a magnet to ensure that metal pieces were entirely removed. They worked on my parents' roof, my brother's roof, my roof - and now i'm recommending their work to friends.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof

Category contractors, roofing

08/11/2020

Emilie R.

A & B HOME SERVICE did an excellent job on my roof from start to finish!! They took off 2 layers of the old shingles, replaced my 2 skylights and installed ice shield, the underlayment and shingles in just 3 days!! And they did an excellent job of cleaning up!! These guys were very professional and I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs their roof replaced!! Thanks for the beautiful roof!!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category contractors, roofing

06/21/2019

mark G.

You can have confidence with this service company. They actually went beyond what the contract called for. Along with the roof replacement and some guttering, I contracted for some metal fascia to be replaced...they found an additional fascia problem and replaced that also! They afterward showed me pictures of the roof areas where they replaced wood and pictures of the ice barrier underlayment that was put down around the skylight, chimney, etc. They were very nice guys to work with...and the two owners did all the work themselves. I have already recommended them to a friend.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement, Guttering, Fascia replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/27/2019

Dan B.

Excellent work. Repaired and replaced roof in May if 2019 with quality materials and workmanship. I highly recommend that you use these pro’s

Description of Work
Shingle roof replacement

02/27/2019

Gerard S.

The repairman responded quickly via phone,was in the area, and came right over. He did the job quickly even in a snowstorm. He charged me an unimaginably low nominal fee. Since the job was almost 20 feet up where I could not see the job, he took photos on his camera and showed me before and after photos. I was very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
I had a sheet of aluminum from a gutter cover replaced after it had blown off in the wind.

Category gutter repair

06/11/2018

Carole S.

Adam was excellent to work with. He was reliable and honest. He and his workers were polite and respectful. All debris was cleaned up each day and more importantly, the roofing job looks wonderful. Their attention details was admirable and appreciated. Would definitely use them again and may, indeed, hire them to do more work for us.

Description of Work
Re-roofed the home.

12/30/2017

James C.

Our experience with A&B Home Service went well. Adam responded quickly to our request. He examined the roof, determined the cause of the leak and described the work that would be done and provided a written estimate. We agreed to have A&B do the work and they were able to complete the work within a short period of time.

Description of Work
Front porch roof repair

12/04/2017

Scott L.

Overall job went extremely well. Completed products (all tasks included) look top notch and the overall cleanup following the job was excellent. Adam and team once started provided timely updates regularly and explained the process as it was happening. Appreciate their hard work, and our roof looks fantastic!

Description of Work
A&B were contracted to install new roof shingles, repair 1 chimney, remove an unused second chimney and repair siding.

Category roofing, siding, chimney repair

10/25/2017

Igor K.

Excellent job. Went as planned on schedule and on budget.

Description of Work
New roofing. Fixed some issues with original roof, replaced 4 skylights.

08/20/2017

Charles H R.

Went very well. Pleased with the work. worked mostly in the afternoon after the morning dew burned off.

Description of Work
New rubber roof and chimney repair. Also shingle roof on addition.

07/28/2017

Susan L.

Went great! Showed up on time for the quote and for the work. Were thorough and completed what they said they would,

Description of Work
Removing moss from roof and siding

05/15/2017

Erin C.

It went great! This was the first job this company has done for me and I have used them on numerous projects since. The owners do the work and they do not sub out

Description of Work
I needed a roof on one of my houses

05/09/2017

Erin C.

Wonderful! They new exactly what to do with the rotting wood underneath and the porch area that was sagging. I use these guys for everything and what I love about them is that they are the ones doing the work. They do not sub out any work or hire cheap labor.

Description of Work
I thought we had a good roof on one of our renovation projects and then realized there was a large dip in the center and it was leaking in another area. I asked A&B for help and they fit us in right away.

05/09/2017

Erin C.

It went great! They are so good that I use these guys for everything and what I love about them is that they are the ones that do the work. They do not sub out any work or hire cheap labor.

Description of Work
I bought a rental home and it needed all new siding and have all the windows wrapped. This was in the freezing cold and they did a great job!

Category siding

05/05/2017

Erin C.

I attempted to get several estimates from other contractors and I either did not get a response or the prices were more than my insurance would cover. I found A&B roofing and they were REASONABLE, KNOWLEDGEABLE and based on their EXPERIENCE, I knew they would be the right fit. They were able to replace the roof quickly and went above and beyond. I was also impressed at the SKILL they offered and the QUALITY. I own several homes and since I met them, they have replaced more than 8 Roofs for us. This is also because they are HONEST! We would not hire anyone else!

Description of Work
I had hail damage on one of my properties and needed to replace the entire roof.

03/29/2017

Trish K.

They were mid range in their quoye but due to the quality of their workmanship and materials they ended up being a better value. They were there when they said they would, cleaned up afterward and when I called to check on something 6 months later they responded immediately. They are a rare find today.

Description of Work
They removed an old roof, replaced the decking, installed a new roof and did the gutters.

03/28/2017

Tony B.

Very quick, very good workmanship. Easy to deal with, prompt and responsive.

Description of Work
Residential roof replacement and minor chimney repair (repointing, recapping).

03/27/2017

Xuming W.

They came promptly for evaluation and then did the replacement on time.

Description of Work
High wind damaged some shingles on garage section of roof. Needed urgent replacement of that section. And it was in winter.

03/27/2017

Mai C.

This team of workers was exceptional. These guys got 2 of our roofs done in the middle of summer, scorching heat, in the time they estimated! They literally looked as if they were never there,left no mess and explained everything along the way. They used some cost cutting options for us, with using some salvageable wood and aluminum to help us as home owners save a bit. I would hire them again in a heart beat!

Description of Work
Replaced 2 car garage roof, replaced and repaired roof and porch ceiling.

Category contractors, roofing, woodworking

11/16/2016

Holger L.

They did good work! The workers were friendly. They follow through with what they said they were going to do and they found some spots on there that I had not thought about.

Description of Work
They inspected the roof and did some caulking where it was needed.

11/12/2016

Robert S.

I have NEVER been so please with the job in 54 years.! I have my entire house sided along with two storage sheds. These guys attention to detail is extraordinary . They came from the school of measure twice cut once philosophy . I would highly recommend them to anyone that appreciates Quality , price and professionalism. Please feel free to reach out and I would be happy to show you the job A & B Home services .LLC did for me.

Description of Work
Siding and trip work .

Category roofing, siding

11/07/2016

Lourde D.

It was good. I was satisfied with the service. The workers were good, they did clean up after themselves.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them.

09/26/2016

Robert N.

Crew arrived on time (actually early but that was ok). They were polite and very hard working. The job included stripping off the old shingles, putting down new underlayment, and installing new shingles. They also installed a ridge vent, and new gutters with gutter guards in the front and back. They were careful to clean up afterwards and altogether did a fine job. Everything was done in one day. And as a favor they also removed and took away an old TV antenna that was attached to my chimney. The total cost included the roof, gutters and gutter guards.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters.

09/23/2016

Tom D.

They did a good job. But it was getting too cool so we waited till the spring to actually have the work done. I might have to pay a little more it turned out it involved a upper window sill so basically they had to re work the wood also and they were able to find pieces to frame around the wood to make it look like the same circle design I had on the other windows so they did a nice job with that.

Description of Work
I used A & B Home Service LLC for carpentry - woodworking.

Category woodworking

02/28/2016

Gayle C.

I purchased Angie's List Big Deal from A&B Home Service for a roof maintenance package which included inspection, minor repairs, caulking and other general maintenance, for $110 on 2/22/16. I received a prompt email message from Adam Hall, the owner of the company, acknowledging my purchase and letting me know he would be contacting me in a few days to set up an appointment date. On Friday 2/26/16 Adam and Brian arrived right on schedule. They checked inside the house first for problem areas. I had a small ceiling leak coming in to my kitchen following a torrential rain and wind storm that week. They then did a thorough inspection of my roof and found the chimney cap was missing and a nail had almost completely come out from one of the shingles. They took photos of the roof and the areas that needed repair and then took photos of the areas where they applied caulking. I really appreciated the photos. It gave me an opportunity to see what was going on without having to climb on the roof. I was going to have to get a new chimney cap and Adam was kind enough to go to the store and pick one up for me. He and Brian came back on Sunday to get the new cap in place ahead of the predicted rain forecast for the beginning of the week. While they were here they also inspected the attic for me due to concerns I had that there may be water in the attic. They found the attic was dry and took pictures to show me. This was the first time I used A&B Home Services and I was very pleased with the service provided. They are responsive, knowledgeable, reliable and affordable. Adam and Brian are great guys to work with. They do a lot more than just roofing services. I have already arranged for them to take care of other home projects within the coming week. My thanks to Adam and Brian for the great service.

Description of Work
Roof inspection and repairs

Category roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

Rustic Window Repair

Specializing in Window Wood Repair & Replacement. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Copper Club Construction LLC

Specializing in Plumbing, Electrical and General Contracting. From finishing touches to complete customization of your renovation, our focus on the details – communication, teamwork, skill, and ability – make us the perfect partner for your project. We are efficient, resourceful, and thorough. And we will be here for you whenever, however, and wherever you need us. All full renovations come with professional photography free of charge!

Ranger Seamless Gutter Systems

Offering seamless gutter installs and servicing of existing systems. An owner operated business with years of experience improving homes in the greater capital district. Call Jay today for a free estimate.

2022 Super Service Award

Roofing, Siding & Gutters, Windows & Doors, Chimney & Masonry Repairs, Additions & Decks