Amendola's Fence Co

Founded 1961 • With Angi since March 2006

4.4

1084 Sunrise Hwy

Amityville, NY 11701

We sell and install all types of fencing. Custom wood, Pvc, chainlink and ormamental aluminum....

07/03/2022

Thomas R.

Terrible, still waiting for job to be complete. Cancelled numerous times without calling. Came two weeks late to put posts in, going on 3 weeks late to finish the install. Slick salesman promised the job to be done no later than mid-June, it is now 4th of July weekend and I have no gates. My Fourth of July bbq was the main reason for getting the gates because I have little toddlers and will be moving from this house soon. They offered a small credit, but this is too little and way too late. At this point I hope they finish the job otherwise I guess I will be going to court. Wouldn’t wish this aggrevation on my worst enemy. They also sub-contract your job to another fence company with workers that barely speak English….

Description of Work
Install 1 chain link gate, 1 double PVC gate

Category concrete repair, fencing, driveway gates

11/07/2021

peter W.

Comments from the estimator were useful in deciding what type of railing to install. The installation crew arrived when scheduled and did a good job.

Description of Work
Install metal railing on steps to backyard.

Category concrete repair, fencing

11/07/2021

John D.

The installers were very polite and answered all my questions. They completed job quickly and very professional. They cleaned all property and went above and beyond. The fence is very sturdy and watched them pour all correct amount cement and finishing all detailed fencing! My gate works smoothly and closes properly! I would highly recommend this company for quality of fence and affordable pricing. It was a very easy process for me and both my neighbors! Thank you!!

Description of Work
They installed side fence front gate and did my neighbors fences

Category concrete repair, fencing

01/29/2021

Roseann H.

Amended 1/29/21 to note that the job has been completed. The company called me the day after this review was posted, and the work was completed the following week.

Description of Work
fence repair

06/18/2018

greg C.

The work was excellent and we have received many compliments.

Description of Work
fence installed

07/19/2017

Kathleen S.

Apparently Angie's List will not let me click on the "Did Not Use" link even when I did not use these people. So here's your review to clean up my account. Fools, figure it out and stop harassing me with nonsense Angie.

Description of Work
Didn't use them.

Category fencing

We also have no record of you being a customer of ours. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

01/31/2016

ROBERT V.

Job went well. The guy's arrived early and stayed late. They finished installing the fence in one day, including two gates. Paid extra to have brush/bushes removed from the property line before the install. Had the property line surveyed and staked out before Amendolas got here. They did well with following the property line on two out of the three sides. On the third side I feel that the fence could have been installed closer to the property line!! It's been about 6 months, so far so good. We've gone through a couple storms and a blizzard and haven't had any issues with the fence. Haven't had to deal with customer service yet.

Description of Work
Install fence with two gates.

12/30/2015

Linda T.

They were excellent. They were, by far, amazing, down to the mathematics with figuring out how to put the fence up, to make it look right. I can't say enough about them. They were, by far, just outstanding. Their level of knowledge, ability, professionalism, respect and pride in their work was extremely evident. The price was fair. I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
Amendola's Fence corrected work that Academy Fence did.

10/09/2015

susan R.

They were very professional. They were extremely clean They did their best to honor our requests. Our gate cracked in a very weird spot, and they came and took it back to shop and fixed. Repair department excellent. Very professional.

Description of Work
This past August we had them back when we wanted to extend our five foot gate to an ten foot opening. We ordered the same gate as they had previously installed over a year ago. We had already used them over the past two years to put a vinyl fence around our entire home. We did this in stages. We first did the fencing going across our home with gates on each side of our home. the next year we did going down both sides of our yard, and then a few months later the entire back of our home going across. our yard is now totally fenced in with their product.

09/29/2015

Timothy C.

Everybody I dealt with was professional, courteous, and punctual.

Description of Work
Removed an old picket fence and installed a new PVC fence.

08/03/2015

sheryl P.

In 2012, we had Amendola's install a fence in our backyard for privacy. Everything seemed to go smoothly with the sale and installation. After we added an in-ground pool to our backyard, the sides and gate sections of the fence had to be re-installed to meet our town's code for a pool. During the installation, in May 2015, I complained because there was a gap between where the original fence was and the new (taller) fence. It seemed strange, because (obviously) our property line had not changed. They had my survey from 2012. I also complained that the job looked very sloppy and there were many large gaps underneath the fence that we did not have before. It seemed like the installers were being lazy and did not cut the right holes into our yard to put the fence where it needed to go. It seemed to be 2 inches into my neighbors property from the original 2012 installation. I was told I was crazy and that it was right. As part of the pool permit process, I needed an updated survey for the town, which showed that one side was on a crooked line and more than 2 FEET into my neighbors property, which means that the original job in 2012 was done incorrectly. We designed our backyard with that fence line in mind. In July, the fence side was reinstalled. As a result we had to fix the damage to our neighbors yard and pay someone to move our swingset. We also had to pay to re-do the survey for our town because they wouldn't approve one showing that our fence was on our neighbors property. The new survey shows that the fence isn't even directly on our property line, but at least it is not in my neighbor's yard anymore. When I contacted the customer service department to ask to be compensated for the price of re-doing the survey after they fixed their mistake, I was told I would receive a phone call back after they went through my file That was over a month ago and I still have not heard back from the company after multiple attempts by phone and email to my sales rep (he has been great through the process, but, unfortunately, has no control over the owners/managers). They think if they ignore me I will go away. This company is great to deal with when you are purchasing your fence and giving them money, but a sloppy installation and zero customer service make them a nightmare to deal with after the sale. I have already started legal action to recoup my money. I wish I would have chosen a different company to do the job back in 2012! Please be warned. Update: Since I posted this review, the owner of the company contacted me and very swiftly resolved my issue. She promised to talk to the staff I was having difficulty with and ensured me that this sort of thing would not happen again. I am updating my review to reflect my overall experience from start to this new finish. The owner does seem to care greatly for her company and the quality of her staff and I really do believe that she will make the appropriate changes.

Description of Work
Installed a PVS fence in my backyard Re-installed the sides and gates of the fence after we installed a pool to adhere to town requirements Re-installed one side after it was discovered that the fence was more than two feet into my neighbors property

Category fencing, driveway gates

I am glad we had the opportunity to make it right. Thank you for understanding. Our top priority Is to provide the highest quality product with exceptional customer service. Thank you for being a loyal customer.

04/27/2015

STEPHEN H.

They called to schedule delivery and then delivery was on time. I had gone to the shop and mistakenly ordered the wrong size fence. Got home and realized the error and called back. No problem the order was adjusted even though I had paid already.

Description of Work
Delivered two sections of fence.

01/15/2015

Kevin S.

The sales rep promptly returned my initial call and was on time for his appointment to discuss the project and give me an estimate. I interviewed 3 fence suppliers and he was the only one who provided ways to save me money on the job without reducing the quality. Once I hired them, they arrived on time to install the fence and reviewed the project in detail with me before starting with them. Once the work was completed, they cleaned up all of their trash and supplies and left me a service number to call if there were any problems with the fence.

Description of Work
Installed fencing in my backyard including a gate.

10/02/2014

Pamela B.

This is the 5th time I have used Amendola's of Balwin for 3 different houses over the last 25 years. Obviously I am well satisfied with their product and services. Theiy have a very wide selection of fences and their prices are competitive. They do excell however in their services. Their office staff is very well organized, they are prompt, and their installers are very hard working and do a very professional job. I did not even have to get out a broom after they were finished. I recommended Amendola's to my neighbors, and two of them have bought fences from them.

Description of Work
Remove old fencing that was damaged by Hurricane Sandy and replace with all new and in some sections higher fencing.

09/13/2014

nancy S.

They did very well. They were good and they were the cheapest.

Description of Work
Amendola's Fence removed the old fence and put in a new one.

07/03/2014

Julie D.

Overall I am satisfied. They did a very nice job. They were more than other companies but we went with them because of their reputation.

Description of Work
installation of new fence

06/11/2014

Karen P.

Good work. I had an issue with the door closing tightly and they came back to fix it. Unfortunately it happened again but I haven't followed up.

Description of Work
installed two side fences

06/03/2014

Patricia M.

They were very quick and professional. I had a very easy time dealing with their sales person. Once I picked the date they were here in less than a day installing it. They were very neat and clean. I was very happy with the service that they provided. They had a large collection of fences when I went out to their showroom. They followed up with everything so it has been a very pleasant experience with them.

Description of Work
I used Amendola's Fence Co for putting in a new fence in the backyard.

Category fencing

Thank you for sharing your experience with Amendola’s Fence Company. We have worked hard over the last 53 years to provide our friends and neighbors with beautiful high quality fences and outstanding customer service. Often, our hardworking sales, manufacturing and installation teams are unaware of how their hard work and dedication to their craft actually affects people like yourself after the job is complete. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and I will share this with everyone on our team as a reminder of why we have such high standards. Obviously our reputation is important, but more important are folks like yourself. That’s why we do what we do! As always, we appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again, should you need us in the future. Sincerely, Jennifer Cerullo CEO

05/27/2014

john T.

The installers came on time. Had to go over a few particular things with the two installers, but they were amiable, and obviously knew their stuff. It is always difficult for a customer to scope out a completed job fully when it's done, so it's easy to miss a thing or two. My only concern (which I fixed myself) was that a few of the vertical posts were not dead level (as I would expect them to be once the installer checked his finished work), and one spot, where the fence fabric was spliced together, was just a tad sloppy...but easily fixed by me. All in all my wife and I were happy with the job and I would certainly recommend them and/or use them again. A ratings are difficult because, to me, an A is perfection, and it is very rare that any job will come out totally 'perfect'.

Description of Work
78 running feet of black, 4' chain link fence.

Category fencing

Thank you for choosing Amendola for your fencing needs. I left you a message yesterday to talk to you about your project. I want to assure you that we are here for you if you have any issues that you want us to correct. Please contact us if you have any questions or want us to come back and fix anything. Thank you again.

05/09/2014

Jackie K.

This provider did nothing. I called Amendola's Fence Co for a estimate on a PVC fence for my backyard. I asked for a weekend morning appointment. Harry, their sales rep, told me he had a busy day that Saturday and he could squeeze me in for a 7am, for which I replied no problem. Harry then followed up with, and quot;Make sure you're up...and have the coffee ready....and quot; in this very condescending tone. Well, I was up at 6:30, headed to the nearest 7 Eleven to pick up coffees for my husband, myself and Harry and was back at home just before 7. I waiting till 7:30 and then called Harry's cell phone. No answer and his mailbox was full. Around 7:40 I receive a call back. It's Harry! Telling me he was in some traffic (funny, traffic at 7AM on a Saturday) and that he would be at our home shortly. When Harry arrived at 8AM he had this tall tale of and quot;getting pulled overand quot; by a cop on his way to our home. No, Harry, that's not what happened. Your blood shot eyes along with a sheet crease down your face told a different story. The story of a lair who overslept but made sure to tell me that my 7 month pregnant butt better be ready for him at 7AM. Well, he was there, I handed him his coffee, cold, and we proceeded outside to conduct the estimate. Afterwards, Harry took my email address and promised to email me an estimate that same day. It took over 2 weeks for a quote. By that time my husband and I decided on L.I.E. Fence Co. who at a fraction of the price of their competitors, did a fabulous job. Unfortunately, they are not on Angie's List, but should be.

Description of Work
This provider did nothing.

Category fencing

Dear [member name removed]: First let me say thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. With thousands of customers each year, it can sometimes be difficult for management to be made aware of any issues that our clients may be experiencing. While it is certainly no excuse for poor service, it is important that we are made aware so that these kind of issues do not repeat themselves. I want to personally apologize for the experience you had with Amendolas Fence Company. As you can imagine – this is NOT the level of service that our customers have come to expect over the last 53 years. Myself and the rest of the management team will be discussing this case with Harry directly to ensure that this problem does not repeat itself ever again. We pride ourselves on our quality products and customer satisfaction, and this absolutely falls below our standards. I only wish you had contacted my office to discuss this matter before it ruined our opportunity to make it up to you, as I’m sure you understand our goal is to provide you with an excellent customer experience. If there is anything else you might need in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our sales manager or myself directly so that we have the opportunity to provide you with the customer experience that people have come to expect. Again, I apologize for the experience you had – and wish you the best with your new baby! Sincerely, Jennifer Cerullo CEO Amendolas Fence Company

03/28/2014

Judith P.

went very well, were punctual, professional, cleaned up after, fence went up fast, looks great

Description of Work
put up fencing around deck and side of house

Category decks, fencing

02/11/2014

Sandra S.

I called the store after waiting an hour. The salesman called back later in the morning ( by that time I was at work) to tell me he did not know we had an appointment. So I would not recommend them, my time is important to me, apparently a prospective customer is not to Amendola!

Description of Work
I had an appointment and the sales person Tony of the Baldwin location, never showed up.

02/03/2014

Gail G.

We chose Amendola because they had a large selection of fence styles and the salesman was knowledgable. They did a fine job of installing the fence. I thought that I had written a review last year when the fence was installed, but I don't see one, and I was just asked to review the company. It is now 1 year later and the fence is fine. I would gladly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed 6' high wood fence with gate along 70' at the rear of the property and 4' wood fence with gate on side of property and a small amount of chain link.

01/30/2014

Caloncho B.

They were very professional. The way they work is that they first send an "engineer". He did the measurements and discussed the products. We wanted so many things that they wouldn't sell us. It took a rather long time to manufacture it. It was like 2 weeks to manufacture the fence. They installed it in 4 or 5 hours.

Description of Work
We used Amendola's Fence to do the whole vinyl fence for the house.

01/29/2014

Vincent P.

They were fantastic, and the fence and gates are beautiful, sturdy and functional.

Description of Work
Amendola Fence erected a new fence on our property, with custom gates.