Precision Heating & Cooling

Founded 1985 • With Angi since August 2010

residential heating & cooling installation, commercial heating & cooling installation. We use Amana products, ask for details or visit their website at www.amana.com/heating-ac...

HVAC Companies (39)

08/31/2021

James B.

Had an issue where my air conditioning just wasn't working right anymore. Called Mike because he'd previously fixed any issue with my furnace and was pretty comprehensive. He came out in less than 24 hours. Showed up right on time. Walked me through every step he was taking along the way. Showed me how my AC unit had gotten completely clogged up with cottonwood. Proceeded to clean that up, added some additional freon and within a couple hours things were right as rain. You can just tell that he's an honest guy. Didn't try to upsell anything. Showed me the problem, told me the fix, and did it. Would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Repair

Work Completed On 08/30/2021

12/15/2020

Jim S.

Service was completed quickly, and help was given to gain a better understanding of my home's heating system.

Description of Work
Furnace needed a new damper.

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

10/30/2020

John K.

Couldn't ask for better service or quality from start to finish. Have recommended Mike and company to my sister. Furnace and air conditioning units were installed in one day. There was nothing for us to clean up inside or outside when the job was done.

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditioning units

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

01/24/2020

Joseph G.

A nice young mom and pop business. They have a great future. He is still learning, and that is fine. Needed to consult with an outside friend when the initial fix didn't work. That is fine. Did not finish fixing the humidifier, and I needed to take the good part of an afternoon to chase down a part, as he refused to put it in himself. That was not fine. I think once he understands things a bit more from the customer end, he will be a great furnace repairman.

Description of Work
Furnace: cycling repair and humidifier

Cost $1,129.91

Work Completed On 01/17/2020

01/20/2020

John V.

I can't say enough good things about Mike Nichols from Precision Heating & Cooling and the quality of work that he performs. These days it's tough to find good contractors, but Mike is exceptional. He first showed up at my house on a Saturday to provide a quote and was right on time. When he walked in, he was respectful of my property and I could immediately tell that he was extremely knowledgeable. Mike explained to me that he has his own metal shop, so he’s able to prefabricate custom sheet metal ductwork for his jobs. Because of that, he would be able to locate a humidifier in the correct spot on the cold air return, when two other contractors told me it wasn't possible. I did a lot of research on furnace brands, and Mike told me he uses Amana products (or Bryant) due to their exceptional warranty and value. After some research, I found this to be true, but the fact that Mike told me he would install any brand that I preferred gave me a lot of confidence. Some contractors prefer to only work with a single brand. Mike came out 4-5 days before the install day for final measurements (took about 15 mins). He told me he would be there at 7 am for installation, and sure enough, he was right on time. He ran sheeting over my carpets to avoid a mess and got right to work. Mike was down there installing the furnace and humidifier from 7 am to 3 pm with no breaks, and the final product is beautiful. Mike is a true craftsman. The prefabricated ductwork is perfect and helps seamlessly integrate the new furnace with the existing A/C coil and ductwork. Mike added a drip leg to my inlet gas line, created a manifold for all the condensate drains, and hid all wiring. And even though he wasn't very familiar with the ecobee thermostat that I wanted to use, Mike was eager to learn and willing to figure out how to install the unit. He even sat down with me after the job was complete to ensure that I understood how to correctly submit my National Fuel rebates. After he cleaned up the basement and hauled out the old furnace, the job was done, and I got to breathe a big sigh of relief. Thanks Mike! You've earned a repeat customer.

Description of Work
New Furnace Installation

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

Review for Precision Heating & Cooling - 12550 Clinton Street, Alden, NY - 38338536

10/11/2019

Kathryn P.

Mike is thorough, meticulous and professional. He is approachable and gladly answers all questions and concerns.

Description of Work
Furnace and AC

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

02/01/2019

Brenda F.

Jacob called immediately and was here quickly. Within a half an hour he had us back up and running. And warm.

Description of Work
Furnace was not operating correctly

Work Completed On 01/13/2019

01/13/2019

Adam W.

Extremely quick response to our request for an estimate for furnace replacement. On a weekend no less! Owner gave extremely professional and detailed quote and was willing to work around our schedule. Work was completed to our expectations and in a very timely fashion. Flawless experience. Fair pricing. We were happy to work with another husband / wife entrepreneurial team! Don't hesitate to hire the folks at Precision for your next heating or cooling job.

Description of Work
Furnace Replacement

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

01/07/2019

Mark S.

I made an appointment with the business, took the morning off from work and the repair man never showed up. I have called many times and just get an answering machine. Maybe the company went out of business???

Description of Work
Furnace check-up

10/25/2018

Mike G.

Mike Nichols doesn't mess around. He'll show up on time, tell you what you need, explain why, and then charge you a fair price for the work. He came highly recommended from many of my trusted friends, and I would definitely hire him / recommend him in the future.

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditoner

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

10/23/2018

Nancy K.

Very professional approach, answered all of our questions. Was prompt and clean and efficient on the day of the job. Explained all details thoroughly and fixed a previous problem.

Description of Work
New HVAC system

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

12/10/2017

Judy T.

very well my questions were answered, and my home is very comfortable & warm

Description of Work
Maintenance on my furnace, cleaned and checked for proper operation issues were found and corrected

Work Completed On 12/06/2017

11/09/2017

Ellen C.

Fantastic - they came on time, did the job , cleaned up and actually sat down with me to make sure I had all the paperwork straight for the warranties and rebate. We couldn't ask for better service. Mike is a real gentlemen and helped us " above and beyond ". Shout out to Mary in the office , who made our scheduling and payment experience smooth . Nobody likes to have to replace an HVAC , but its very reassuring that when the weather hits freezing this winter, we will be warm and cozy with our new heating system. I would never go anywhere else. If I could give them A++ , I would!

Description of Work
I called them because our AC wasn't working. Mike came out and did a thorough evaluation . We determined that our 16 year old system was on its way out. Mike gave us all our options. In NO way way did he pressure us to do anything more than fix the immediate problem, however , he did explain why it was probably better to replace the system. We decided to go ahead , and he also made sure we knew about the rebate available.

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

10/12/2017

Samantha W.

Mike the owner was extremely professional and friendly. He was honest and up front with me about the details when pricing and quoting (sizes, efficiency, units etc.) he presented all of the facts and did not rush my decision. This company also offers a financing option which was a big selling point for me in addition to the quality work, warranty, price and timeline. Mike takes so much pride in his work, he does most of it himself and his team at the office was always thorough and pleasant to communicate with. After the work was done, Mike went out of his way to follow up with me and make sure that I understood how the National Fuel rebate works which was a huge benefit because it was a big rebate and I could not have done it without him. I am a first time home owner, this is the first really big job I needed done on my home, my tenants were depending on me, I was in transition from previous tenants to finding new ones then moving in new tenants throughout this process. In addition I had accepted a new job that sent me out of town during this whirlwind. Mike was patient, effectively communicated with me and overall made this very big decision and installment as simple as it could have been for me. I am so grateful for Precision Heating and Cooling, I would absolutely recommend them!

Description of Work
I needed two furnaces and two ac units (four total units) updated and replaced in my two family home.

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

07/28/2017

Dina N.

FABULOUS! Can't say enough great things about Mike and Precision Heating and Cooling. I had several different size companies quote this very big and intensive labor job in our new home. Estimates were all over the board. One VERY large local HVAC company told me the job, that Mike just finished for us, "could not be done". They said it was " impossible" to get a unit into our attic space and install ductwork for AC upstairs! Well, it was done... by Precision.. I went with the person that I TRUSTED and it was the right choice! That said, Mike's work is incredible. He was always there when he said he would be, kept to the timeline he estimated, was neat and considerate of our family and treated our home as if it were his own. He showed us what he was doing and why it was done a certain way. He made sure we were happy and understood what we were getting. He was meticulous on the install and cleaned up every area that he worked on in the house. Needless to say, we are overjoyed with the job and would recommend him without hesitation. His work ethic is unheard of these days. He is a perfectionist and it shows in the quality of his work and more importantly, he will always tell you what you really need, not try to up-sell you things that you don't...He is trustworthy and professional and has a lifelong customer not only in us, but our entire family!

Description of Work
complete air conditioning install (2 zone) in 2 story home with no duct work. Wanted AC that cooled every room was told by (1) estimator that ductwork and A/C unit COULD NOT be installed on second floor using the attic space. They wanted to sell me ductless units only..

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

06/19/2017

Justin J.

Mike was very professional and knowledgeable from the start. He is very meticulous which I very much appreciate for someone about to cut a ton of holes in your ceilings and install this in your attic. You can tell he takes jobs very seriously and only wants to do something if its the right way. His thorough explanation and design made me feel very comfortable spending a decent amount of money because I knew it would be done correctly and efficiently. He is very clean, punctual, and was a pleasure to have around the house. Thanks again.

Description of Work
I have an 1970's raised ranch house with baseboard heat and in need of air conditioning. Mike installed the unit outside and air handler in attic along with custom fabricated vents, returns, and supply lines to reach every room. he went above and beyond any other quote and design I was offered from other companies.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

05/06/2017

Jen M.

Mike was very professional and was done in a timely manner. Mike was prompt, passionate and explained everything thoroughly and is very knowledgeable about his business. He explained the process about receiving our rebate in detail so we wouldn't miss out. He made sure that he cleaned up and there was no mess left behind. Very professional. Will hire again and will recommend to all our friends.

Description of Work
Needed a new furnace and air conditioner installed.

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

Review for Precision Heating & Cooling - 12550 Clinton Street, Alden, NY - 34981735

03/06/2017

Michael M.

received great advice on the replacement of the furnace (very knowledgeable) work was done efficiently and clean, I highly recommend their service

Description of Work
installation of a new furnace

Work Completed On 12/06/2016

03/04/2017

Greg H.

Mike Nichols is one of the most thoughtful, kind hearted and professional individuals I have ever met. He is incredibly passionate about his work and insightful to exact precision and detail. Mike reaches above the mark in his profession as he educates, helps and consults with outstanding communication skills to help his coustomers make educated safe decisions about their home air quality control. Mike is a wonderful friend an incredibly positive spirit. I recommend his talents to anyone who may be in need of heating and cooling servicing or repair for their homes or businesses. Dr. Greg Hnat

Description of Work
Furnace, Air Condition and hot water tank.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water delivery

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

03/03/2017

Greg E.

Very well, great work and customer service

Description of Work
New a/c unit and furnace

Work Completed On 03/03/2017

03/02/2017

Chris N.

Precision was so helpful in finding an affordable solution for me.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

03/01/2017

gary C.

job went very well took old furnace out and installed new units and what seemed to be no time at all.

Description of Work
Had my furnace and conditioner replaced .My furnace quit working during the night and he was able to install my furnace that day.

Work Completed On 12/06/2016

03/01/2017

Mary L.

The whole experience with Precision Heating & Cooling from the initial phone call to the completion of the furnace and air conditioning installation was a total professional one. We were given all possible options from repair to replace and all our questions were answered honestly and informatively. Installation day started with a very prompt arrival and the job was completed in the timeframe we were given. Care was taken from laying down floor protection, as neat as possible removal of old equipment, and detailed professional installation of the new equipment. We were also told about and provided with all the necessary filled out paper work required to receive our utility company rebate. We had a couple of questions with the new furnace after the installation and again they were answered with not only a phone call but also a prompt appointment time was set up to check things out.

Description of Work
Furnace and Central Air Conditioner Replacement