A.M. Shield Waterproofing Corp

Founded 1990 • With Angi since September 2006

33 Albertson Ave

Albertson, NY 11507

A.M. Shield Waterproofing Corporation is experienced in all aspects of home foundation repair. We realize your home is your most valuable asset and we want to help you protect it. Our highly trained specialists can assist you with your residential foundation waterproofing. We have a variety of basement drainage systems and solutions for excessive water problems. Also serving Suffolk & Westchester Counties....

01/14/2022

Laurie A.

A Window well filled up with water then came through the window seal into the unfinished basement. We scheduled an appointment with Them for the following week. On the appointment date, Anthony conducted inspection of problem walked around the home & examined the problem window well and basement wall. We recently had the job done. We were amazed watching them work. They did a beautiful job in a very very tight space (see pics) They cleaned up the area when finished. We are very satisfied with the process. Starting Anthony’s expert advice to the gentleman who did the work..The new well looks great. Thanks Again Anthony & AM Shield!! The Alu’s Smithtown, NY Pictures Below Before (old window well that failed causing water to enter bsmt) During- see the gentleman down in that hole making repairs. After-Beautiful job and all cleaned up.

Description of Work
Window well & Foundation waterproof

Category concrete repair, excavators, basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair

06/08/2021

Christine J.

The technician called ahead to advise he was on his way as I requested. He arrived on time and was clean and neatly attired. The technician was professional and worked quickly and efficiently. After a short while, he advised that all was in working order. He left the basement in perfect condition and provided me with a paper invoice. I later received a printed emailed paid invoice. We have used AM Shield for about 8 years and their work has always been excellent. We no longer have basement water issues and we highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Annual Inspection of Sump Pump in Basement

Category concrete repair, wells

05/03/2021

H W.

Exceptional services from the entire crew. All questions and concerns were answered.

Description of Work
Sealing and Waterproofing

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

11/27/2020

Marilyn M.

Excellent job. Explained everything. Put everything back that had to be moved. We didn’t have any complaints.

Description of Work
Put in new sump pumps and basin in the basement And installed new piping to drain the water out and away from the house.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

07/23/2020

Julie S.

I can’t say enough positive things about them! The team was just wonderful. They were thorough, conscientious, professional, and dedicated to getting the job done right. They uncovered the source of the leak (which took removing bricks and stone), fixed it, waterproofed the roof, and put everything back so perfectly that you’d never know any work had been done at all. There have been several very heavy rains since then and the garage has stayed dry. I would definitely recommend them and would use them again.

Description of Work
Garage roof leak repair

Category concrete repair, masonry, basement waterproofing

07/19/2020

Roberta K.

Great! They sent out a technician immediately after a catastrophic raw sewage flood (yes, it was as disgusting as it sounds). Two new pumps were put in, and the technician who came was excellent! He could have told me the back up pump and battery needed to be replaced as well, but he was honest and just sold me what I needed to make the system run again. Thank you for your honesty, as well as the quick and reliable service. Would definitely recommend this company!

Description of Work
Needed new sump pumps

02/17/2020

Zhenhai Z.

I contacted a number of contractors and A.M. Shield is most responsive and proactive vendor. Jonathan came into my house and helped to diagnose the root cause by cutting the board on my basement wall (not an easy job). Later a water test was done to confirm the problem was from that location. It was a one day project to fix it, and the three workers are polite, professional, and quick. After a few heavy rains recently, I'm pretty sure the problem has been fixed. I highly recommend A.M. Shield.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

06/26/2019

Christine J.

Our electrical utility had a power surge which damaged much electronic equipment, including the back-up battery for our basement pump. I called AM Shield and they initially explained how I might avoid a service call. When that did not work, they assigned a technician who arrived on time this morning. He was professional and knowledgeable, quickly diagnosing the problem. The technician replaced fuses and a transformer plug. They charged for labor only, very generously providing the parts at no cost. I was relieved that a new battery was not required. I highly recommend AM Shield. They successfully completed 2 waterproofing jobs for us in the past and it is always a please to work with their staff.

Description of Work
Repair of Back-Up Battery for Basement Waterproofing Pump System

Category wells

06/05/2019

Anna V.

They work they did was great they were very good, they have to work from the inside to the outside. They've answered all our questions and they were very responsive. We haven't got any problems on our basement water leakage since then.

Description of Work
Waterproofing project of the basement

05/28/2019

Joshua S.

The work went well. They showed up on time and worked quickly. They were able to see the cause of the issue I was having while working too. Everything looked good when they were done.

Description of Work
Waterproof basement exterior at and around the chimney

04/27/2019

Branka D.

I had an excellent experience with AM Shield from start to finish. The cost estimate was competitive and the job was completed on time, on budget and according to the specifications. I highly recommend them for all waterproofing work.

Description of Work
Interior French drain and exterior, underground downspouts with a pop-up drain

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, mold removal, foundation repair

02/12/2019

James D.

Excellent. I've had no issues and it's doing the job as expected.

Description of Work
I had a drainage issue on the side of my house. During a heavy rain, water would pool up and overflow in the window into the basement. They put in a drainage pipe to drain the water away from the home.

10/19/2017

Edward M.

They are very good. they are professional and prompt. They have a very reasonable price and I have no complaints.

Description of Work
Basement water proofing.

09/04/2017

Douglas H.

So far so good. No leaks in either spot from recent rains

Description of Work
Seal 2 basement leaks

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

02/06/2017

Kenneth W.

They corrected what they did wrong.

Description of Work
I used A.M. Shield Waterproofing Corp to put a product on inside of the wall to prevent moisture from coming through. The wall had some difficulty and they came in and repaired it at no charge.

01/07/2017

CHARICE S.

This job went really well and am now recommending this company to friends. Even more impressive was the price. The price was about 1800 dollars less than their nearest competitor. Just to remove the drywall and doors I was quoted by contractors about 2000! To dig all the way down, deep enough to install the sump pump and of course re-concrete over around the three sides of my basement for this price was great. It's been about two months since it's been done and have waited to write a review as I wanted to make sure it was bone dry down there. It is. It is now ready to be finished. I also want to add an additional thank you to the employees for making it WAY more clean than it was to begin with! They even cleaned the bugs around the windowsills. George, the salesperson is personable and available for questions. I also like how he suggested how I could save money by buying the dehumidifyer online. Another waterproofer was going to sell me one through his company that was overkill. I feel like there's alot of integrity and pride of workmanship at A.M. I'm giving a "B" for punctuality because the workers didn't come on time both days which was a bit disconcerting. The first day there was a mechanical problem with the truck but I had to track that info down when they were 1 hour late. The salesman originally said they would start at 9 both days. They probably started about 10 or 11 both days. Of course when they finally came they were incredibly productive.

Description of Work
They came and installed their french drain system around the interior perimeter of my basement-3 sides as one side abuts the house next door. Included cutting and removing 3 feet of moldy drywall and removing two doors to the gas meter which were also moldy. Basement is approx 500 sq ft. Also installed a sump pump which they supplied and dehumidifyer which I purchased online and had ready to go. Lifetime, transferable warranty!

04/13/2016

Matthew S.

Fantastic job. On time. Professional. Courteous. Quality craftsmen and quality work. The window looks great. THESE GUYS WERE CLEAN! The crew dug 2 big holes in 2 different spots - one for the foundation crack repair and one for the basement egress window. Then they cut a 4' x 3' hole in the foundation for the window. When they were done it was like they were never there - both outside the house and in the basement. I couldn't be more pleased with these guys. They went above and beyond. I highly recommend them. The price was the exact price quoted plus tax (none of this I need extra for this and for that stuff) and they started on the day they said they would and finished when they said they would. I highly recommend these guys for waterproofing, foundation repairs, and basement egress window installation.

Description of Work
Installed basement egress window and repaired a foundation crack

Category egress windows, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

04/10/2016

claudine S.

I used this service provider in the past to waterproof another section of my home. Overall the office and field workers were professional . However, I expressed a need to have the work done immediately since I was trying to rent the house by the beginning of April. When I signed the contract March 15, 2016 and gave the deposit I was informed that I would be contacted to schedule the job. When 3 days passed and I did not received a call I reached out to the initial contact person. He told me to contact the office to schedule the job and let him know when it is scheduled. On March 18th the job was scheduled for two weeks later, April 1st. Due to rain the work did not start until April 4th. The work was suppose to be done over two days. They did not show up the second day because they could not find matching tiles to replace the ones which were removed. However, we traveled from Suffolk county to Queens to provide access to the house. No one called to let us know they would not be showing up on the second day. We had to follow-up to obtain and up-date. Due to rain the job was further delayed. The work was finally complete on April 9th.

Description of Work
Removed tiles from top layer of stoop. Repaired holes and gaps which allowed water to leak into the basement. Waterproofed the stoop to prevent additional leaks and replaced the tiles.

Category remodeling, basement waterproofing

12/02/2015

Jean G.

Everything went very well. I would highly recommend them. George was fantastic.

Description of Work
They did waterproofing outside, they put new concrete on the garage floors, they did pavers in the walkway.

10/22/2015

Lori Anne B.

The leak was sealed using an injection, or series of injections into the wall from inside the house. 24 hours later we had soaking rain and the there was no water, not a drop. Additionally, it required no excavation of my property.

Description of Work
A basement foundation crack was repaired. Crack ran from top of foundation to floor. I searched for and had several companies look at what needed to be done. AM Shield provided more information about their service and their warranty was the best on th market.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

09/16/2015

John R.

The issue we had was when it rained we were getting water in our basement. We received several estimates for the work described above and AM Shield was the only company that could perform all the services. Based on there Angie List rating and BBB rating and the references we called we were very comfortable hiring this company. Hugo the owner was the gentlemen who gave us the estimate. Joe was the foremen and there were two separate crews who performed the work. The work started on 5/26/15 and was completed on 7/21/2015. Overall, we are very satisfied with the work that was completed. They are an excellent company that stands by their work. This is honesty the key. I've seen several friends use companies because of the money and none stood by their work. This company stands by their work, no questions asked. This job was a big job so you know there are going to be some glitches along the way. The town labelled the concrete where my water main was located. Unfortunately, they labelled the incorrect place. By accident the crew snapped my water main. Within hours Hugo was on the scene and the water main was fixed. They also broke one of my lime stones on my back stoop. That was also replaced. There was a container on my property that was moved by another company, that company broke a piece of my sidewalk and moved my driveway apron. Hugo's company replaced the sidewalk and apron. Since this was a big job we were able to watch the progress and both crews were did an excellent job cleaning up after a days work. They worked hard and took only a lunch break. I envy their work ethic. They always arrived timely at 8-8:30 am and worked until the earliest 4 pm. If there were any changes in the schedule Joe the foreman would contact me to let me know. We feel the work performed looks fantastic and we would hire them in a minute for our next job. We've had a few big rain storms since the completion of the work and there's been no water in our basement. We did have a little issue with drainage on our patio. When we called, Hugo came out with Tony (Paver Crew Leader) and we decided it would make sense to add a drain to the patio. They placed two small dry wells and a drain and since then the water does drain perfectly. They did this at no cost to me. One of the reasons we did pavers around the entire property (Over 2,000 square feet) was we knew concrete would eventually crack and we figured spend more now, be happy later. The only thing I can say that was disappointing is the concrete in the garage has 4 cracks in it already. This is somewhat disappointing since we didn't place anything on it until over a month after the concrete was poured and the concrete is less than 5 months old. I knew that the only guarantee with concrete is it's going to crack, but I hoped it would have taken years not months. All in all we are happy.

Description of Work
They dug around my entire house down to the footings. They water proofed my foundation and added an outside french drain that leads to the front of our house to a drywell. They extended my driveway by three feet. Put down pavers on the entire property. Built a retaining wall. Added footings and a sill to my garage and a new concrete floor in the garage. They also built a new front stoop.

Category concrete repair, masonry, basement waterproofing, foundation repair, hardscaping

09/03/2015

Sandra W.

We had a flooding issue in our backyard after our next door neighbor removed all their grass and trees to place pavers down. Every thunderstorm we spent desperately bailing water out of our basement window well to prevent it from flooding the basement, which it had done a couple times. We contacted AM Shield, who came out to give us an estimate. Although another company had commented to us that they were expensive, I think you get what you pay for. This group knows what they are doing. The salesman George came out and knew immediately where our issue was without us needing to tell him; they had worked on our kind of house before. They needed to dig a trench around the backyard and run it out to the street. He wrote up an estimate and fit us in about 3 weeks later (we were at the peak of summer, so that wasn't a surprise). They estimated 2 days for the work to be completed. When the workers came (Santo was in charge of the work crew and was excellent), they started digging the trench and so quickly! It even started to downpour in the afternoon and the workers continued to dig between the downpours! Great workers. The foreman came out and consulted with Hugo, who insisted we have additional drainage done around the window well. They seemed very concerned with doing the right job, even though it would take extra manpower. We eventually came to an agreement on the extra work and we are very glad we did. They were able to complete the job in the promised 2 days, even with the rain and extra work. We have had a few major thunderstorms (flash flood types) since the work has been done and have not had an issue yet with flooding. We can see the area draining quickly to the street and now we can rest well at night when those thunderstorms wake us up! This company did a great job in delivering on what they promised. You are paying for quality work with them.

Description of Work
Dug a square trench in our backyard and fed it out to the street to resolve a flooding issue. Also, dug deep around our window well, where the flooding was entering into the basement.m

Category basement waterproofing, hardscaping

06/28/2015

Carrie M.

We hired someone else to do this job 7 years ago but had to have AM Shield come and do it right. Happy with the job.

Description of Work
WAterproofed area around a backyard extension

05/28/2015

Jean S.

The estimator was knowledgeable about the work I needed and helpful with my decision. I will call them again for estimates if I have other work that needs to be done.

Description of Work
I di not contract them for the job I received less costly estimates.

05/28/2015

Jessica S.

Hugo and his team were great. The system he designed to protect our basement from flooding is smart and super efficient. His estimate was detailed, professional and accurate. His crew were courteous, neat and did an amazing job. We are so happy with the finished job. I highly recommend AM Shield.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and draining system