Meerkat Pest Control

12 Petra Ln

Albany, NY 12205

Performing Full Scope of Services

We accept remote payment

Local family owned & operated pest control company with over 100 years combined experience. True craftsman to their trade, Meerkat technicians' take great pride in service excellence and complete customer satisfaction. All service personnel is licensed, insured and NYS certified. Meerkat offers eco-friendly environmental solutions including choices for traditional or organic pest products, installing natural barriers & critter proofing for bats, mice and squirrels. In addition to pest proofing, we also specialize in attic & basement remediation work. Meerkat is a full service pest control & nuisance wildlife removal company handling problems with ants, bees, bats, mice, moles, squirrels, raccoons & more. Call us today for a free inspection!...

4.2

pest control (45)animal removal (18)

08/25/2021

Natasha H.

They followed up very frequently and quickly. They were accommodating about scheduling and were on time. It was good they were very nice. I have no complaints.

Description of Work
I needed to have pest control help with a mice problem in my house. They came and did a walkthrough on 08/20 and we signed a package to get rid of the mice. They sealed the entry points and I got everything I needed.

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

12/03/2020

JJ P.

They did an excellent job. They were very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They were great! They came out for a rodent inspection and they found a bat issue. They came out around October and we did a bat abatement.

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

09/23/2020

GWEN L.

The salesman recommended two exterior treatments to get rid of the hornets/wasps. The main nest was on top of the garage, two stories up, and we could hear them in the wall between two of our bedrooms. They scheduled us very quickly and we haven't seen any hornets/wasps inside since the first treatment about 10 days ago. The first treatment took about 30 minutes and the second, 6 days later, took about 10 minutes. The two reasons for the B rating, not A, are that the salesperson said they would warrant the work for a year, meaning until Dec 31 of the current calendar year (I asked for clarification), but the contract e-mailed to us specified 30 days. In addition, the person doing the second treatment didn't have a ladder, and was using some spray thing to shoot liquid up. It seems unlikely that the main nest actually got hit a second time, since it was on top of a two-story roof. We were also hoping they could either block the hole that was allowing insects into the house or at least tell us what work might need to be done so we could hire someone else to do that, but since the 2nd person didn't have a ladder, that didn't happen either. Also the 2nd person said he couldn't understand the notes the first one left, which seemed odd. Overall, the immediate issue was satisfactorily resolved, however.

Description of Work
kill wasps/hornet type insects that were getting into the house

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

10/15/2019

William L.

did not have them do it,, I will remove the yellow jackets and queen when the temp drops below 32 degrees for several days.

Description of Work
Yellow jacket bees

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

10/06/2019

louis G.

They came too the house 4 times to complete and each time they came in time and were very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
We had the house protected from Bats and mice and signed up for quarterly inspection.

Category pest control,animal removal

Work Completed On 10/06/2019

08/28/2019

Justin M.

It went excellent. The workers were very quick and efficient. Customer Service was superb as well. I would highly recommend this company to anyone in need of services!

Description of Work
Yellow jackets in my attic

08/12/2019

Brandy G.

Meerkat pest control responded within minutes of my email. I had carpenter ants in my basement and first floor kitchen. 3 days after the treatment was performed there was not an ant to be seen! Price was affordable and the technician (Sean) was professional and very knowledgeable!

Description of Work
Pest control for Carpenter ants

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

08/08/2019

Kevin M.

They always call ahead of time, show up and do their work and they leave. I've been satisfied.

Description of Work
They come out every quarter and do pest control for me, I've been using them for a few years now.

Work Completed On 04/17/2019

06/25/2018

Jeffrey K.

I very rarely hire contractors to do work on my home but when it came to our mouse problem I really wanted to have professionals come out and take care of it. When the salesman came to my home to discuss the process he clearly knew exactly what to say to make me feel comfortable. I always ask for background on the company and on the people that come out. He told me they very carefully selected their workers, they only take the best people with construction and pest control backgrounds, and they keep a close eye on their workforce during the job. He told me the #1 priority was making sure the customers get amazing service and get what they paid for. When he showed me the bottom line for the service it seemed high to me but I was willing to spend extra money to get the best of the best. The salesman also spent the time to tell me how involved the trapping was going to be and how they would come back several times to assess what they caught and move around the traps. I asked questions about the high performance metal and specifically asked if it was going to get attached to my siding. The salesman said it only got attached to the foundation which is what I wanted to hear. He also worked out a deal with me where all of my duct work would get cleaned out including the supplies and returns. When he left I felt very comfortable with the large investment I was about to make. Unfortunately what the salesman sold me and what I got were two very different things right from day one. During the first appointment only one guy showed up and he didn't have nearly enough time to finish the job. Because he was by himself what little "high performance metal" that got installed was not installed tight to the siding and in some cases was crooked. The traps got set at the end of the day but there was still a ton of work to do. I had to use a day of vacation for this and I realized I was going to have to arrange to take even more time off. After he left the first day I had several concerns that I brought up to the salesman that he could not answer. I was concerned about this for several days and the response I eventually got was to talk to the workers myself which to me is completely unacceptable. I'm the customer not their supervisor and I should never have to do that. I asked the worker myself and he explained to me that the metal was going to get screwed into my siding to close the gaps. I asked him how that was going to work since the siding has to expand and contract and he said it was fine there would be no issues. Again this made me extremely uncomfortable but what was I supposed to do. He then explained to me that they only had about an hour to work because they had to go to another service call so they would get as much as they could done and then have to come back. So yet again I'm going to have to arrange to leave work and use more of my vacation. On day two the guys got most of the metal done. Before they left they looked at the traps, no mice in any of them, and they left. They looked at the attic traps from a ladder and didn't even go up there. So i guess this was my "detailed trapping assessment". None of the traps were moved to try other areas of the basement/garage/attic. None of the concrete dust on my driveway was cleaned up and there were pieces of metal everywhere in my yard that I had to pick up so my daughter or dog didn't get at them. By Day 3 I honestly was just sick to my stomach and wanted this to be over. The guys finished the metal and addressed a few specific areas that I wanted to make sure were sealed up really well with the copper mesh. I also had a specific concern about my fireplace recess outside and they told me it was sealed up tight even though I knew it wasn't. They then went in to perform the duct work cleaning. After 15 minutes of trying to get the machine to work, they finally got it running. They cleaned one section of my return duct then took the covers off all of the supply and return lines and said they looked fine. So I got about 10 minutes of duct cleaning and they put the machine away leaving a nice dust mess all over the floor in my living room. The salesman basically told me I was getting a premium $500 service and I got 1 run cleaned for 10 minutes. On their way out i noticed they left two traps in my garage that my dog could have easily broken a foot in so i asked them to remove those. I also noticed that they lost a screw for one of my return registers that never got replaced. I signed the final inspection paperwork and sent them on their way because i just wanted this to be over. After they left I went around and did my own inspection. The area behind the siding around my fireplace I was concerned about was wide open and there were clearly mice living there at some point. I then went to check out one of the areas in the garage I was concerned about. I lightly pressed my finger into the wool they installed and the entire piece fell into the wall cavity leaving the opening exactly like it was. Mice would have easily gotten in there. I went to the store, purchased my own materials, and spent a few hours fixing both of these areas myself. I lifted the access door to my attic only to find out that the insulation had never been put pack in place over it, so i had to go down and get my respirator out and take care of that myself as well. I found traps left in that area as well. There were scraps of metal in the yard again, concrete dust everywhere, and i found another mousetrap they missed in the basement. So needless to say I remain sick to my stomach and I honestly feel like I didn't get even close to what I paid for. After spending $3600 of my hard earned money, I now I had to go look around the house and fix a ton of items by myself. I was more than capable of doing all this work myself but it had been a crazy year and I just wanted to have a professional take care of this one for me. Overall I'm extremely disappointed and I feel like there is nothing I can do about it. The owner was responsive and told me he wanted to have the guys come back but honestly I just wasn't comfortable having meerkat come back into my home. The right thing to do would have been to give me some type of refund but that was not offered. Scheduling of this entire task was an absolute mess. There was absolutely zero supervision for the workers. The workers that came out were very polite and maybe this whole thing is just a disconnect between what the salesman thinks is happening, and what is really happening. I would not have hired meerkat if it wasn't for the specific things that the salesman told me. I would not have done the metal install if i had known it would be attached to my siding. I would not have signed a contract for $3600 if i thought this was going to be sub-par service which is exactly what I got. The icing on the cake was the call I got 1 week later that it was time to do the quarterly service. They wanted to charge me a couple hundred dollars to check on the work that was done 1 week earlier.

Description of Work
Get rid of Mice

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

12/22/2017

Don A.

Job went very well. Excellent technicians....very thorough.

Description of Work
Sealed up house and crawl space to provide for better insulation and to prevent rodents from entering house.

Work Completed On 12/22/2017

Bat Removal from Home or Attic, Squirrel Removal, Rodent Proofing, Mice Removal, Bee & Wasp Control, Termites, Carpenter Ants.