Jamcore Home Improvements

Founded 2006 • With Angi since January 2011

JAMCORE Home Improvements: Serving All Your Home Improvement and Remodeling Needs RRP Certified

home remodeling (40)tile installation (14)lighting (10)flooring (10)drywall (9)interior painting (8)door installation (7)plumbers (7)woodworking (6)window replacement (6)general contractors (6)handyman (5)

03/13/2022

Sarah W.

Jim is the best! Not only did he finish the job in a week, he was incredibly clean (as always), dependable, and detail-oriented. The built in bookcase he created for us far exceeded our expectations. Would absolutely recommend and hire again!

Description of Work
fixing cracks in ceiling, repaint ceiling, replace light fixtures, and building a built in bookcase

Category lighting, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/01/2022

Review for Jamcore Home Improvements - 31 Collegeview Dr, Albany, NY - 39660954

10/17/2021

Tim G.

This is the 3rd time we have hired Jim to work on our home, and we continue to be impressed with all aspects of his business. He is by far the best contractor we have ever worked with.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

10/16/2021

Sarah W.

Jim is wonderful — one of the best around Saratoga Springs. He created our dream kitchen in about 8 weeks; this was a complete remodel — demo, electrical, plumbing, cabinet/appliance install, flooring, backsplash, crown molding, and a brand new pantry he built himself. During that time, he also made a spacious closet for our upstairs guest bedroom. Always on time, incredibly reliable, communicative, and trustworthy — not to mention meticulously clean. Already have plans to hire Jim again!

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen Remodel and Closet in Guest Room

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/16/2021

Review for Jamcore Home Improvements - 31 Collegeview Dr, Albany, NY - 39510870

09/13/2021

Richard H.

Extremely well. Jim is a very talented carpenter who pays attention to detail. He is considerate of the homeowners, helping to make sure the project is less stressful for us. He listens well, and is able to implement changes on the fly, otherwise he fulfills his contract proposal to the "T". I highly recommend Jamcore for your home improvement needs.

Description of Work
Demolish screened-in porch and replace with all season space that increased area of living room and master bedroom.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, siding, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/03/2021

10/27/2018

Elise P.

Jim was extremely professional, responsive and efficient, and did an incredible job on our bathroom. He was reliable and trustworthy and did great quality work. I have not a single negative thing to say about any aspect of his work and if we ever have another home project, we’re calling Jim!

Description of Work
Master bath renovation

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

10/27/2018

jeanne D.

Beautifully. Neat, efficient; luxury tiling and doors, excellent job. Big plus, very respectful of home, with tarps used to protect stairs, carpets, floors. Cleaned up everyday before he left; work exceeded my expectations. which were high.

Description of Work
shower installation

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/27/2018

10/11/2018

Denise C.

The job went smoothly from start to finish. We spoke to 3 contractors and had a good feeling about James Cole from the start. He took notes and listened to what we wanted done. All 3 bids were close, but we went with Jamcore Home Improvements. The job was started and finished within the time frame promised. Jim and his crew did an excellent job on our kitchen remodel and half bath update and he was very easy to work with. We are enjoying our new functional and beautiful kitchen. I would definitely recommend Jamcore Home Improvements for your home improvement projects.

Description of Work
total kitchen remodel and half bath update

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

08/30/2018

Carol S.

Fantastic! Jim was able to remove old fixtures while leaving vintage tile undamaged. He got everything done with a minimum of fuss-- on time, on budget, and very respectful of our household.

Description of Work
Partial bathroom remodel.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

05/27/2018

Tim G.

The entire process, from estimate to finish, was smooth. Jim stayed in touch as we were saving for the project, and responded immediately to emails. Once the job was begin, he outlined the steps of the job, and informed us in advance of any changes. He arrived at the site when he said he would (as early as 8 am) and stayed at times, until 5 pm, to finish what he set out to do that day. He was agreeable to an additional job we asked him to do while at our home, and completed it within the given time frame. Jim is professional, personable and talented.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

03/18/2018

Pamela Z.

Jim responded to my intial call and came out to the house quickly and on time. He took a lot of notes, asked appropriate questions, etc. I could not be at the meeting for the estimate, but my husband was with him and tried to answer the questions. He followed up with questions in an email to me so he could come up with a more accurate estimate. It was fairly reasonable, but still higher than the other 2 estimates I received. Although we decided on another contractor, part of the decision was based on Jamcore's time line. They wouldn't be available to do the work for several months, which we knew from the beginning. However, the contractor we chose happened to have an opening very soon, which helped us in our decision.

Description of Work
Major master bath remodel and some additional bedroom work

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/21/2018

11/15/2017

Donna B.

Jim’s estimate was a little bit high and we decided to To use someone that was a little bit less expensive for the same work.

Description of Work
Jim came to our home to give us an estimate on Some improvements for our kitchen and bathroom. Jim was on time for the appointment he was prepared to give the estimate and sent the estimate very quickly to our home.

Category contractors, countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

04/21/2017

Patricia B.

Kitchen in 2014 and Bathroom in 2016

Description of Work
Remodeled Kitchen and Bathroom

Work Completed On 11/30/2016

03/29/2017

Marey B.

Wonderful!! All work completed as agreed upon and beautifully done. Each day everything was cleaned up. From the very beginning barriers were put up to keep dust down which helped a lot at the end. Very cooperative and pleasant to work with. Always on time.

Description of Work
We needed to update two full bathrooms in our 30+ year old house.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

03/01/2017

James J.

He did the whole thing - countertops, flooring, cabinets, everything. He was very awesome. I would definitely use him again. He did an excellent job with it.

Description of Work
He did our kitchen remodel.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, flooring contractor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/01/2012

01/08/2017

Kathleen O.

The bathroom turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Jim and Mike were easy, kind people to have in the house. Everything turned out perfectly. Jim put everything together to perfection. His suggestions were great, both practical and artistic. He went the extra mile to make the bathroom come together. He suggested alteration of the placing of the showerhead, simplifying the design, adding the metal trim on the left hand corner, designed and installed the border between the rooms, using both wood and marble. I think it adds a lot, as did all Jim's ideas. There were, of course, limitations as to where fixtures could be mounted. Even though I ordered extra tile for both above and below the decorative trim, because of the limitations from the structure of the house, the decorative trim had to be moved up or down about 10 inches from the original plan. Moving the decorative tile up meant that he would have no leeway (every tile would be needed- no buffer), but he offered to do this willingly. It would have been much easier to move the decorative trim down, but this looks so much nicer. The remodel cost just over 25% of the total house value & so I am very grateful that he went the extra mile to bring the bathroom together so perfectly. Its a wonderful upgrade to the house. The materials cost $9502 and the labor cost $15,675 What a fantastic experience. Thank you!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel, desconstructed the entire bathroom and rebuilt it entirely.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/07/2016

Review for Jamcore Home Improvements - 31 Collegeview Dr, Albany, NY - 34248183

07/17/2016

Jim K.

JIm at Jamcore provided a detailed estimate with breakdown of the charges and payments across the timeframe of our job. He was scheduled to start our job right after Memorial Day but called and asked if he could start a week earlier! This was great news to us as my husband would be travelling on business during the remodel and this gave him the opportunity to be there for the first week. Originally, we did not plan to replace our ceramic tile floor (put in about 10 years ago) but once Jim had installed the new cabinets, their footprint was less than the original cabinets. Jim quickly gave us several options with accompanying estimates, we made our decision and bought the materials that night and Jim began the floor replacement the next day. He cleaned up and stowed his supplies at the end of every day. The job proceeded on plan with the only holdup we had was waiting for our Corian countertop to be fabricated and installed and that was supplied by another company. Jim's estimate was reasonable and the only change to that was to add the floor replacement. We are very happy with our new kitchen and the work that Jim performed and would use him again for other remodeling jobs.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel including removing/replacing all cabinets and appliances.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/17/2016

04/04/2016

brian M.

Jim is amazing and hard working. Everything was top notch and high quality. He is very clean and courteous. Price very fair. We highly recommend and would use every time.

Description of Work
Opening up a wall between kitchen and sitting area, filling in flooring, removing concrete step and replacing with hardwood.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/04/2016

11/18/2015

Winifred C.

Jim did a excellent job. His workmanship is top notch. Very professional and reliable. He comes highly recommended and I will use him again.

Description of Work
Remodeled Kitchen

Work Completed On 10/09/2015

09/18/2015

George S.

Jim was always professional, very neat and organized, very reliable, hard working, answered any questions I had and made suggestions for things I wouldn't have thought of. We'll definitely be calling Jamcore for our next home improvement project!

Description of Work
Jim did an excellent job remodeling our kitchen. He tore out our old kitchen from the 1970's and replaced new wall, lighting, sheetrock, cabinets, sink, floor, appliances, tile, grout, windows, ceiling, crown molding and painted.

Work Completed On 09/18/2015

Hi [Member names removed], Thank you for the great review it was a pleasure working with you. Jim

02/11/2015

Kathleen D.

Jim from Jamcore came out to give me an estimate on a bathroom remodel. He arrived on time, told me it would be a week to get me a quote on getting it done, then he never contacted me again. There has been no follow up or contact from him since. I won't be using him anytime soon. He was very nice but unprofessional because I never heard back from him. It's disappointing he wouldn't follow up with his potential customers.

Description of Work
He came to my house to give me a bathroom remodel quote.

Work Completed On 01/31/2015

[member name removed], I sent you an email last week letting you know I got back logged with estimates due to all the snow we have gotten, I apologize if you did not receive the email.I will send you estimate as soon as I get caught up Sincerely Jim Cole

12/29/2014

Eve H.

very proffessional snow plows and then comes back following snow plow debris and plows again, his contract is from 12/1/14 12 /114 till3/31/14. We had snow in November so he did charge me 35 dollars but his crew was here we had a northeastern for 2 days and all was cleard. very satisfied with him

Description of Work
snow plowing

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

10/27/2014

rosette R.

It went very well. Jim provided a detailed, professional 4 page breakdown estimate of each part of the job, as I requested, with amounts due for each part including deposits and the due dates. He was the only contractor I interviewed (of several) who did this. This way there are no problems later; everything is very clear in the beginning. Jim was always on time, and worked with the highest professional standards of workmanship, accuracy, competence, and helpfulness. I was completely comfortable with him and he is very friendly and personable, which is a big plus in my book. (Other workers I have had in the past had no inter-personal skills - sullen, grumpy, sloppy, unfriendly, etc.) I asked Jim for his input on several decisions and his answers were always good ideas. Each day before leaving he cleaned up completely and put everything back in place. Everything was done on schedule with no delays. He even did some extra things I had not asked him to do but that needed to be done, with my consent, such as extra wall insulation. His workmanship is excellent. The new kitchen is beautiful thanks to Jim Cole. He pays careful attention to small details and remembered some things I didn't know were important. When the cabinets arrived from the manufacturer one set of pantry doors was cut slightly askew. He sent them back and ordered new ones. I didnt have to worry about anything with Jim doing the work. He did some extra things I had not asked him to do as well, with my consent, that needed to be done I highly recommend Jim Cole and Jamcore Home Improvements for your next job.

Description of Work
Gutted and remodeled my kitchen- removed the old and installed new cabinets, countertops, floor, lighting.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 10/01/2014

Review for Jamcore Home Improvements - 31 Collegeview Dr, Albany, NY - 9497178

06/21/2014

James J.

We are extremely pleased with our remodel. Jim is very much the detailed orientated perfectionist, that takes pride in his work. He is very knowledgeable and made several suggestions for small things we didn't even think of to improve the function of our kitchen remodel. Highly recommend Jim, and we will rehire him again when we are ready to update our bathrooms.

Description of Work
Complete remodel (gutted to studs) of the first floor of house which includes kitchen, dinning room, family and living room.

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling