Highline Painting Contractors LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2006

I have been in business since 1994 here in the Capital District Area where I was born and raised. I would be more than happy to come give you a free estimate of my services as well as many great references. I also provide a discount to Angie's List members! Award winning. Always the highest quality

interior painting (34)house painting (22)drywall (3)general contractors (3)deck cleaning (2)wallpaper removal (2)epoxy flooring (1)interior decorators (1)

09/02/2019

Diana L.

I can't say enough about Highline Painting Contractors. This is the second job that they have done for us. They are professional, courteous and neat. We wouldn't hesitate to ask them to do more work at our house. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Garage staining

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

12/31/2018

Daniel P J.

Excellent.. on time every morning ,stayed all day,finished on time on a very tight schedule...

Description of Work
2 nd floor bedroom, foyer, hallway and living room

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Appreciate the great review. It was a pleasure working for you guys! Happy New Year!

12/03/2018

kathryn G.

Dave and his team are excellent. They transformed our house and the work they did was meticulous and beautiful. Dave is very responsive and all of our questions and concerns were addressed immediately. His team was extremely professional and courteous as well. It was a pleasure to work with them and we will hire them again.

Description of Work
painting entire house and trim work

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

09/01/2018

James K.

They never responded to the Angie’s list request.

Description of Work
Painting of garage and bathrooms

Work Completed On 09/01/2018

Hello [Member Name Removed]. Good morning. I just want to clarify that this is the first I'm seeing anything from you so I apologize. I'm not really sure where you tried to contact me but this is the first I'm seeing your name. Again I'm sorry. Have a great day!

04/26/2018

Patricia C.

The Highline Painting crew was punctual, responsive, friendly & professional. I'd definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

02/24/2018

Brian B.

The team was very courteous and respectful of the house. They finished on time and cleaned up after each work day. They did a great job for a good price. Would recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
Painting of interior hallway, railings, and ceiling

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

12/07/2017

Kim L.

Highline Painting did an outstanding job. We had many different materials that made up the exterior of our house and each one was painted meticulously and with the appropriate type of paint/stain. Dave and his crew hand painted the deep mortar joints on all of the brick and did a wonderful job painting it the lighter color we chose. They had to paint a lot of trim because of the style of our home and all of it was done perfectly. We are VERY pleased with how the house came out!

Description of Work
We had the entire exterior of our Tudor home painted. We converted all of the original colors on the brick, trim, cedar siding and stucco to a lighter color.

Work Completed On 09/16/2017

Review for Highline Painting Contractors LLC - 130 Yardboro Ave, Albany, NY - 36650986

Thank you Bill and [Member Name Removed] for the great review. We are very happy that you guys are pleased! The House looks Beautiful! Also thank you for the before and after photo I didn't even know you could do this on Angie's list. Thanks again, Dave

10/31/2017

Celine L.

I couldn't be more pleased with Highline. Dave and his crew did a wonderful job and went above and beyond to make sure the job was done exactly as I wanted. They were timely, professional, neat and used high quality materials. The house looks fantastic.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of residence

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the kind words! It was very nice doing business with you.

08/08/2017

Christine F.

I indicated all "A's" and that is exactly the quality of the work that this company delivers.I was VERY pleased with all aspects of the work.Dave,the owner,went above & beyond to ensure my satisfaction.His crew was polite,professional,and willing to come in on a Sunday to complete the job.Dave has a large crew so they were here and finished within a few days;no drawn out process.Dave gave me good suggestions as to how I could improve the overall outcome;he had helpful suggestions as to paint/stain colors.He truly wants his customers to be happy and satisfied.I couldn't have asked for more.

Description of Work
My shake shingle home was in need of a new paint job. My deck needed to be sanded and stained my foundation needed to be primed and painted.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

07/25/2017

Shirley H.

Highine did an incredible job. Our 120+ year old Victorian need scraping, sanding and some siding and trim replacement. The quality was excellent. The staff was very professional. The team was on-time, worked hard, and cleaned up every day. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure working for you guys. Glad we could make it happen. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of your project.

04/18/2017

Kaitlin B.

They were extremely thorough, professional and did a beautiful job. The house is totally transformed! Dave is super-responsive and although he doesn't do most of the work himself, he frequently inspects and made a special point of coming by and doing some additional things personally. His guys were friendly, responsive and patient (even when I took forever to choose paint colors). I would definitely hire them again. My one complaint is that we were moving into the house, and there was some miscommunication about a few things (fixtures, etc.) that we were and weren't keeping. A few things got misplaced or junked by mistake. The guys have done a better job keeping the fixtures and hardware that they removed organized, but overall this was very minor compared to the terrific job they did.

Description of Work
We had almost the entire interior of our 3,400-sq-foot house repainted. Several rooms had wallpaper, which Dave's team stripped and removed.

Work Completed On 03/03/2017

04/11/2017

Emily T.

Dave and his team did a wonderful job on the exterior of our home and helped us in color choices, which we love. I would recommend them to anyone, fast, dependable, a great price, and a finished product that is second to none. Anyone considering a contractor for painting work would find no better in my opinion.

Description of Work
Exterior home painting and deck painting

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

01/30/2017

Shaun P.

Dave and his team were great. The job required removal of old wallpaper in our kitchen, repairing kitchen walls by mudding and sanding, and then painting walls, ceiling and trim. Dave and his team showed up on time at 8AM every day and worked hard for four days to get the job done on time. It was a difficult and messy job and they did a terrific job. Dave is also great a keeping in touch through email during the process.

Description of Work
Remove wallpaper in kitchen. Repair walls. Paint walls, ceiling, trim, and door.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/10/2017

11/17/2016

Carla O.

Very professional and responsive company. Customer service is excellent and quality of work is excellent as well. Would highly recommend this company. Owner was very accommodating to changes made throughout project.

Description of Work
A lot of interior repair work. Trim. Doors. Staircase. walls all painted

Work Completed On 11/17/2016

Review for Highline Painting Contractors LLC - 130 Yardboro Ave, Albany, NY - 33940655

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you! Thanks again!

10/07/2016

Carrie C.

Not well....left me feeling very low.

Description of Work
I simply asked about pricing and was basically told maybe i should find someone off craigslist who paints on the side since they run a legit business etc. I just wanted to know so i could budget. Really rude and made me feel like a scumbag for asking.

Category contractors

Hello [Member Name Removed]. I'm sorry you felt this way. You asked me 2 different times about pricing and even said oh that much so I honestly thought I was helping you out by saying check Craigslist and see if there is someone on the side. Knowing that we run a legit business and it's expensive to run a business in NYS is all I was saying. I'm shocked you turned this around like this. Sorry if I offended you but I honestly was just trying to save you money and help. I guess that will be the last time I say that......

10/08/2015

Robert S.

Very responsive; thorough estimate; knowledgeable. Went with a lower cost comparable quote, but was impressed by Highline.

Description of Work
I obtained an estimate on a whole house exterior scrape and paint.

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

09/12/2015

Harold S.

The owner was always available and gave us updates by text. Workmen were hardworking, nice guys that respected our property. They were always asking if there was anything else we wanted or changed. I would unconditionally recommend this firm!

Description of Work
Paint exterior of house and inside of screened in porch. Put up new outside lights.

Work Completed On 09/12/2015

09/07/2015

Pamela C.

Would not hire again

Description of Work
The painter supposedly worked for Highline; but, he did not seem experienced. He stated that he was recently hired by Highline. The painter got paint on the ceiling. The owner complained to me that he was not making a profit and that Angie list insisted that he advertise the offer of $99.00 as a deal on Angie list.

Work Completed On 11/04/2014

Wow... This review blows my mind. I went above and beyond for you and your project. I got you the paint at my cost using my discount. We needed additional material as in sand paper primer etc which I gave you for free. The guy that was there had worked for me for 10 yrs. The walls were a mess when we got there which you even stated to us. The color you picked was lime green which took 4 coats. I never charged you any additional cost for all the repairs all the additional coats or anything. You received about a 700 dollar job for 99. We went above and beyond to just eat it and get a good review so I honestly would like an explanation of this review myself. Please contact me. I'm baffled right now.

08/25/2015

Michael R.

Dave promptly scheduled an estimate for painting my home after I made my first phone call. He listened to my concerns about trying to minimize the appearance of certain areas where the paint was peeling. His quote reflected the additional time and labor involved to smooth out those peeling areas. Dave's crew spent considerable time sanding parts of the house, even redoing some areas to achieve the smooth finish I was looking for. Drew went above and beyond his job as a carpenter. The task of replacing some rotten wood boards was more involved than anticipated however his commitment to complete the work never waivered. The recommendation by Drew and Dave to change the direction of the siding from vertical to horizontal in the front of our home was the right choice. There is now continuity in the direction of the front siding and the reaction has been positive to the update. Our neighbors have commented on how hard Dave's crew worked all week including a few men who worked on Saturday to ensure completion of the project. His team is respectful of the customer and their home (they cleaned up daily). Dave was available throughout the project, and his customer's satisfaction is very important to him. As noted, his crew redid some areas of sanding after he checked in and saw more needed to be done to achieve the smooth finish I wanted. They are highly recommended.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of house including trim, doors and deck. In addition a substantial amount of carpentry work was done by Drew which included replacing rotten wood around some windows and installing new cedar siding to a front portion of the home. Much of the time devoted to this project involved a significant amount of prep work before the painting ever began. It started with a cleaning of the house and a week later, Dave's crew scraped away areas of peeling paint and then extensively sanded the bare areas to achieve a smooth painting surface. Caulking and priming followed before 2 coats of paint were applied.

Category contractors, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2015

06/11/2015

JUDY M.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT!!!! THIS IS, BY FAR, THE MOST PROFESSIONAL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. WE HAD SEVERE WATER DAMAGE IN OUR HOME AND WE CALLED HIGHLAND PAINTING. THE OWNER SHOWED ON TIME FOR THE ESTIMATE AND HIS PRICING WAS MORE THAN FAIR. HIS EMPLOYEES ARE PROFESSIONAL, COURTEOUS AND RELIABLE. WE ARE BOTH DISABLED AND HIS MEN MADE SURE EVERYDAY THAT WE WERE TAKEN CARE OF. OUR BELONGINGS AND FURNITURE WERE CONTINUALLY PROTECTED AND THEY SHOWED GENIUNE CONCERN FOR OUR PROPERTY. AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY STAYED UNTIL EVERYTHING WAS CLEANED UP AND PUT BACK. THE OWNER SHOWED EVERYDAY TO CHECK ON THE WORK AND MAKE SURE THAT WE WERE PLEASED. THIS JOB WENT ON FOR 3 WEEKS AND HE AND HIS EMPLOYEES WERE ON TIME EACH AND EVERY DAY!!. THEIR WORKMANSHIP IS TOP QUALITY. ON A SCALE OF 1-10 THEY ARE A "20"!!!!

Description of Work
Repaired and painted water damaged walls and ceilings throughout the home.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/15/2015

02/16/2015

Kelly C.

Provider showed up on time, work was performed as described in a timely manner. Very pleased with the end result. Cleaned up afterward. Much better than any other painter I have ever worked with--just got right to work and stayed on task. Painter had some frustrations with Angie's List that he aired, would have been more professional if he had not shared those with me. Other than that, will definitely use again and would confidently endorse.

Description of Work
Patched small nail holes, repainted room

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/06/2014

12/22/2014

Robert L.

'Provider (Dave Koonz) responded the same day as our inquiry. Came over and did estimate the next day. Dave asked insightful questions as we went through the house to make sure we were in agreement about the scope of the work and the methods and materials he would use. Our house is a colonial built in 1920 that was extensively modified to a downstairs open floor plan in the 1970's, turning what were a collection of small, dark rooms into a series of bright, naturally lit spaces. The upstairs had suffered a great deal of water damage from roof and plumbing leaks over the years. With a new roof, windows and repaired plumbing, we were finally ready to resume painting the house. Highline Painting's crew of three arrived on time as agreed and spent a week and a half on the job. They imposed minimal inconvenience as they worked through the house, moving furniture when necessary and using copious amounts of plastic sheeting to cover everything not being treated. They also cleaned up before leaving for the day. Top quality materials were used throughout with extremely careful color matching. Sixteen grand sounds like a lot for interior painting but Highline provides complete services. If you have an old house, these are the people you want.

Description of Work
Removed wallpaper. Repaired damaged plaster, wood trim and drywall. Caulked all cracks and filled all seams. Primed all repairs. Painted all but two rooms in house interior.

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/20/2014

09/24/2014

LAURA F.

Absolutely wonderful!! The quality of painting was superb. The team was effecient and finished right in the scheduled time frame. They were also right on time for appointments. I plan on using them again!

Description of Work
Painted interior rooms.

Work Completed On 08/05/2014