Better Construction Services

Founded 2011 • With Angi since March 2017

We are a locally family-owned and operated Construction service. We have been in business since 2009. At Better Construction, we are dedicated and take pride in offering homeowners *top quality roofing products and workmanship* at an Affordable Price! Call for a Free Estimate!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

roofing (31)chimney repair (6)masonry (1)

08/03/2022

Robin S.

Went well. Other than noticing the new color and condition of the shingles, you wouldn't even know they had been there. Beyond courteous ,mindful of my property and belongings. Prompt and hardworking. I would recommend to everyone and would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 08/03/2022

06/22/2022

Kassoum N.

Fredi and his crew did a fantastic roof replacement job. Initially scheduled over two days it was completed in one day, cleaning included. Fredi (Better construction) accept all types of payment. ho, forgot to add that Better construction gave the lowest quote. Thank you Fredi and crew for a job well and timely done.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 06/09/2022

10/20/2020

Sarah K.

They were fast & professional. The work was started and finished the same day, as promised. I have a townhouse with a shared roof on one side. Fredi matched the color to my neighbor’s almost exactly. They cleaned up their mess and took everything with them.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Review for Better Construction Services - ., Albany, NY - 38963532

Thank you, it was a pleasure working with you!

10/06/2020

Roy O.

From initial meeting, to estimate, and on through to completion, Fredi and his team were absolute professionals during every step of the process, and the completed work serves as testament to the superior quality of professionalism and expertise they bring to a project. They stripped down the old roof and installed the new one in only one business day - simply amazing! I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of a new roof.

Description of Work
installation of new roof

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

Review for Better Construction Services - ., Albany, NY - 38928348

09/17/2020

Dan R.

Replaced my roof one year ago. They did a great job; very professional and a pleasure to work with. Now one year later, I can report that there have been no leaks and no other issues - they do good work.

Description of Work
Roof installed

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

07/23/2020

Susan S.

The workers were on time, worked hard and picked up all debris before leaving; the estimate was professional with good explanations of options and interaction with the office was friendly and professional. the job was well done. The workers also contacted our neighbor when they needed to pick up a few shingles from their yard.

Description of Work
re roofing of 2 car garage and addition and porch roof and installation of new skylight in porch roof

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

10/25/2019

William H.

Freddy from Better Construction Services came on time and was able to address my chimney/roof leak immediately. Two days later we had an inch of rain, the repair did the trick and prevented any new water damage. Grateful for his expertise and will consider him when my roof needs replacement.

Description of Work
Roofing

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

09/12/2019

Gene C.

excellent work Fredi... quick, reasonable price, and very professional. thanks!

Description of Work
roof repair

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

08/27/2019

Tom H.

We couldn't be happier with Better Construction. Their workers are very professional and did everything they said they would. They arrived early each day, worked very hard, and cleaned up before they left. It was great to work with the honest, hardworking staff at Better Construction. Thanks Fredi and crew!!!

Description of Work
Replace Roof

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

08/13/2019

Sile B.

Replacement of roof with membrane and asphalt. We do not recommend this company. We retained Fredi to replace our roof which had a slow leak into the 3-story brownstone house. The job was completed, but on day 2 most of the crew worked on another job. This meant our roof completion took one week rather then the estimated 2 days. Also, we had one very unhappy neighbor who had to clean up our roof debris in front of his home because Fredi and crew did not take care of it. Fredi was paid fully and told us that the roof was done and wouldn’t leak anymore (as was guaranteed in the contract for 10 years). His crew removed debris and tools and We were told everything was perfect. There was a persistent petroleum smell, which has continued to pervade the upper floors whenever the temperature reaches 90 degrees. We had several episodes of rain shortly after completion and all seemed fine. But about 2 weeks later, we had a strong rain storm and water soon was gushing through our upper floor ceiling and reaching the floor one story below. We called Fredi. We inspected the attic and discovered water gushing through the new roof and pooling in several spots on the attic floor. Fredi arrived an hour later with 2 of his workers. After about 45 minutes on our roof, Fredi said he was “embarrassed” that when his crew closed the hatch at completion of their work, they somehow disrupted the seal or membrane, allowing rain water to come into the attic via the hatch. This allowed the rain to soak our attic, plaster walls and floors. Also, we discovered multiple cigarette butts crushed out on our very old wooden attic floor – a few feet under the new, flammable roof. These butts were surrounded by dirty boot prints and were not present before or during the roof job. We showed him the cigarette butts and told him that he needed to find out who smoked Marlboro cigarettes in our flammable attic and then stubbed them out in our home. Fredi insisted the cIgarettes were not from his workers. The key reason for discouraging hire of Fredi is that he did not adequately communicate to us once the work began and he was absent during much of the job, despite prior assurances that he would oversee every part of the job. His crew of about 5 men was mostly hard-working and very polite but had minimal communication skills and questionable experience. The lack of supervision was disturbing and contrary to what were told to expect.

Description of Work
Removal and replacement of roof. Removal of chimney

Work Completed On 07/13/2019

The customer has a 10 warranty and we are available to help with any roof problems they may have at anytime.

06/18/2019

Amanda V.

Fredi came the same day I called to set up an estimate. I felt he was incredibly honest and skilled. He was not at all pushy nor did he talk down to me or want to wait for my husband to be home. Once I selected them for the project they set up an appointment for the same month. On the project day they showed up at 7am and worked all day, finishing the roof by 6pm. Everything was cleaned up and trash was disposed. Fredi came back (he was also onsite working the whole day) to double check that there was no trash. I’d absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a new roof.

Description of Work
New shingle roof

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

Review for Better Construction Services - ., Albany, NY - 37936701

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure working with you.

04/01/2019

Lori B.

Working with Fredi and his crew was one of the best experiences I have had with a contractor. They showed up on time, they worked hard all day finished the main part of my house in one day, returned the next day. I was extremely pleased with the whole process. Would recommend them highly to anyone needing their services.

Description of Work
Needed my shingles replaced.

Work Completed On 03/18/2019

03/19/2019

John R.

I called Better Construction Services when I was badly in need of a new roof all of a sudden late last fall. I needed it done in a hurry since winter was coming fast. They completed the job just in time and did a very good job. No nonsense, no goofing around and no music blasting, which I very much appreciated. Fredi asked that I be there on the day of the install which is a good policy since I was there to answer any questions. I was particularly pleased when I insisted that the flashing around a large chimney be done in a more labor intensive way than Fredi had planned, and he did it - no questions asked. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Asphalt shingle roof

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

03/05/2019

T & J C.

Great job, right on time, excellent clean up.

Description of Work
roof replacement and repair

Category masonry, roofing

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

02/21/2019

David D.

We're very pleased and they showed up when they said they will showed up.

Description of Work
They did a roof installation.

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

Thank you, it has been a pleasure doing business with you.

02/13/2019

Chris H.

I almost never write negative reviews, but this was an intolerable circumstance. I claimed a deal for roof replacement. I was contacted by a representative of Better Construction Services who gave me no indication there was a problem and told me I would be contacted. I was not contacted. Life got in the way, but the deal was valid for up to six months after the deal was claimed, so I waited. It turns out, Better Construction Services was never going to honor the deal because it seems Angie's List left the deal up longer than they should have. No matter who was at fault, Better Construction Services did not get back to me to tell me they were not honoring the deal for two months! I passed up other opportunities for work I need done because I thought this was a done deal. Instead of being professional and letting me know immediately that they had no intention of honoring the deal, they left me twisting in the wind. Apparently Angie's List lets contractors blow you off for the silliest of reasons, so beware. Just because you claimed a deal, doesn't mean Angie's List will back you if your contractor just decides not to follow through.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

[Member Name Removed] We apologize for the miss communication that has happened. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Helen

02/05/2019

Chris S.

excellent, crews were on time prepared to work. Very professional outfit highly recommend!!!

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Work Completed On 02/05/2019

01/02/2019

Samuel F.

Better Construction Service In late fall I had Fredi and crew replace an old metal roof with new shingles, as well as replacing a small section of moulding on the eves of another roof. He gave me a detailed estimate in the summer and told me that it would take one day to do all of the work. He arrived early on the scheduled date with a big crew who worked busily the entire day. They encountered some wood that needed to be replaced while shingling the roof and did so with minimal addition to the cost and still completed all of the work on that one cold day. Fredi kept me informed of the additions as they came up. Everyone was polite and pleasant and seemed to laugh with each other throughout the day. They left quietly after cleaning the debris thoroughly. I would hire them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Replace metal roofing with new shingles

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

11/20/2018

Bruce O.

Fredi and his crew were professional, polite and hard working. He used good quality products and charged a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Skylight replacement and roof repair

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

10/26/2018

Nicola V.

excellent workmanship and friendly nature.

Description of Work
garage roof and porch roof

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

06/29/2018

Maureen C.

The roofers were punctual and completed the job in two days as promised. They also did a great clean up job each day.

Description of Work
new shingle roof and flat roof

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

Thank you for your review and the opportunity to serve you!

06/16/2018

LAWRENCE C.

Great work courteous started when scheduled and finished ahead of time

Description of Work
new metal roof

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

06/04/2018

Sandra V.

Very well. Prompt arrival, fast hard working crew, thorough clean -up.

Description of Work
Garage roof replacement- remove old shingles and install new