Bennett Contracting Inc

Founded 1915 • With Angi since July 2006

693 S Pearl St

Albany, NY 12202

Family owned and operated. Award winning. Over 75 full time employees. With 100 years of experience and thousands of successful construction projects in our portfolio, Bennett is proud to have earned a 99% satisfaction rate among our customers....

4.4

window replacement (275)home remodeling (103)woodworking (73)siding companies (70)door installation (68)electrician (67)decks & porches (66)lighting (39)tile installation (31)countertop installation (21)egress window (15)patio enclosures (13)

Matthew O.

It was great to hire Bennett because you know when they say they will be there or when they say it will be finished you know that is what you will get.

Description of Work
Front Storm Door

Category appliance repair,doors

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Review for Bennett Contracting Inc - 693 S Pearl St, Albany, NY - 39492192

GREG J.

Great job, clean, polite and great windows, we love them.

Description of Work
Replacement Windows

Category appliance repair,replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/30/2021

Nicholas N.

Really pleased with the windows and service from Bennett. I'm new to the area so I leaned on recommendations from folks at work. Bennett was recommended by several coworkers. The estimator helped me find the right balance of price and quality. Their install team is a well oiled machine, they set a date and showed up a 8am sharp every day until it was done. Windows made quite a difference this winter compared to the 50 year old Van Patten windows I replaced.

Description of Work
Replacement Windows

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/01/2020

Thanks for the feedback regarding your window job. We look forward to working with you again!

08/08/2021

Robert F.

Initially, we met with project manager, Tony Cicchino and project designer Sarah McDonald . We had more meetings and planning with Sarah . We found her pleasant to work with and she had ideas without being pushy. When it was time to select appliances and flooring, she met us at those business locations and together we met with the sales staff. Besides emails, we met with Sarah about 4 times at our home and her office. We enjoyed working with her and benefitting from her experience, Our only other contact with Tony was an issue with a cabinet with a lazy susan that that was resolved with a lowering of cost to remedy the the issue. Once the work began, the primary installer was Adam Squires.Adam was on site for about 6 weeks. He was at our house most days, at least 8 hours, sometimes more. Adam was a hard worker with quality skills and an eye for detail. He worked alone a majority of the days, unless an assist from a man named David, who helped with the painting and wall paper removal. We are retired, so my wife and I were home most days and we found him easy to be around while he worked. Adam kept the work area clean, which we appreciated. When we had questions or concerns, Adam was happy to discuss and sometimes offered alternative suggestions. This is the second time we have used Bennett Contracting. Overall, we were pleased with the renovation and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

08/06/2020

Melissa S.

Amazing service, prompt, friendly, very professional and courteous. Work was done within time line. Reasonably priced and we will recommend them.

Description of Work
They re did our kitchen.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

12/24/2019

ZAMIYAD D.

I contacted Bennet Contracting to schedule a quote for a door and window replacement. The lady told me that the earliest available appointment was 5 weeks away. I agreed on the scheduled date for the estimate. The estimator called me a few days later and after describing the work detail, I also asked him to send me an email for the open slots on his calendar for an earlier date. He agreed to send the email but never did. I decided not to pursue for earlier rescheduling since I already had an estimate appointment at a later date. On the day of the original scheduled appointment the estimator called me and told me that he has an emergency and needs to reschedule. He told me that he will send an email or call again to reschedule. I was understanding of the situation and told him that I will wait for his call or email. Its been almost 6 months. They have still not contacted me. I hired another contractor and got the job done 3 months ago.

Description of Work
Door and Window Replacement

Category replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

08/30/2019

Shelby H.

Very good. The work was done quickly. The new fans work great!

Description of Work
New exhaust fans installed in 2 bathrooms.

Category electrician,remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

05/05/2019

David K.

I hired Bennett contracting to convert an L shaped deck from wood to Trex. They were a delight to work with from beginning to end. EJ is very professional in producing the estimate and takes the time necessary to ensure that you are going to get exactly what you want. Price was fair. Joe C. built the deck and did a masterful job. It was clear that he would make sure things were done right. Problems with the deck foundation that came up along the way were carefully addressed and corrected. The Trex deck is beautiful.

Description of Work
Conversion of deck from treated lumber to Trex.

Category home builders

09/25/2018

Elizabeth H.

Wonderful job done by real artisans!

Description of Work
Two baths and a kitchen remodel.

Category remodeling,replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

Review for Bennett Contracting Inc - 693 S Pearl St, Albany, NY - 37422308

09/24/2018

JANICE S.

It took longer to start the project because of personnel issues that Bennett had, but that wasn’t a huge problem. It just meant that the bulk of the work was being done during a very cold stretch of weather. That can be a problem when the garage door has to remain open and people are in and out. Other than that, once things started, it went well. Sean was great as were other members of the crew that did plumbing, etc. Steve, our project manager was very responsive and very helpful with dealing with some of the suppliers for things like shower doors. One other thing that proved invaluable was the assistance of their interior designer. She was always available to us and even met me at a tile store to help me choose.

Description of Work
Remodeled two bathrooms

Category ceramic tile,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

Kitchens. Bathrooms. Windows. Doors. Siding. Porches. Decks. Basements. Additions. Remodeling. Carpentry. Handyman. Electrical.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available, Discover