518 Remodel

Founded 2011 • With Angi since November 2013

27 Russell Rd

Albany, NY 12205

We our a family owned business that is based out of Altamont, NY and also have a location in Saratoga. At 518 Remodel, we pride ourselves in offering quality, on-time installations at a competitive price. We offer a large range of services which makes for better savings and the best results. We do offer some finance options....

03/05/2021

Russell R.

We have used the services of 518 Remodel on two separate occasions. Their service and work have always been outstanding. In the fall of 2017 they added 8 feet to our garage and then built and outfitted a mudroom/ laundry room for us. This was an extensive project which required construction, excavation, paving, electrical, plumbing, painting, concrete and drywall work. All this work was completed to the highest standards. We again, hired this company in March 2021, to do some attic work and to retile 2 bathrooms. Here again we were fully satisfied and impressed with the jobs that were done for us. Sal, the owner, has subcontractors commence work in a timely manner, and he always returns your call and attends to all of the customers needs. This is truly an excellent full-service construction company that performs high quality work.

Description of Work
Construction of garage addition, construction of laundry/mudroom, excavation for drainage, repave driveway, add attic, and retile 2 bathrooms

Category concrete repair, drywall, electrician, excavators, flooring contractor, garage doors, gutter repair, insulation, landscaping, remodeling, roofing, siding, pavers, gravel, garage builders, woodworking, doors, driveway pavers, hardscaping

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is extremely important to our team and we are happy to hear that we were able to provide you with excellent service.

10/15/2020

Derek S.

Due to water issues needed basement patched/drilocked. Sal and team did a great job. Responsive to calls, texts. Showed up every day on time, cleaned up site and ensured I was satisfied. 5*

Description of Work
basement repaired and waterproofed

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for a Great Review. We appreciate you and the work you contracted with us. It was our pleasure working for you.

08/20/2020

Sharon H.

My concrete and garage apron looks great. They made it wider than it used to be so it would be easier for me to get to my door. My patio is vastly improved.

Description of Work
Diverting water away from house. Installing new concrete sidewalks, patio, and garage apron.

Category concrete repair, decks, basement waterproofing

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the work. We're happy that the water doesn't come in the house any longer and your enjoying your sitting areas.

07/13/2020

Sharon H.

518 Remodel came on time for the project, they were knowledgeable and courteous, the roofs and gutters looks good. So much better than what I had before. And they cleaned up after themselves. All in all , it was a good experience, I would hire them again.

Description of Work
New Roof Replacement and new gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for a great review. We are very happy that you like your new roof and gutters.518 Remodel takes pride in the workmanship they provide so your review is much appreciated.

06/30/2020

Nancy B.

I recently hired Sal to insulate my garage attic. Sal and his workers first had to make a new larger hatch for access to the attic. A walk was installed in the attic for future access to electrical wiring. Rolled insulation was installed, as was proper vents in all the eves. The work was completed in a timely fashion. During the recent heat wave, I could already tell that the garage feels cooler! Sal promptly returned phone calls and texts. He took the time to explain in detail the work that was needed. Sal and the workers were very courteous and kept me informed of their progress. My garage was left cleaner than it had been. Much appreciated! I would definitely hire Sal again.

Description of Work
Insulate Garage Attic

Category insulation

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is extremely important to our team and we are happy to hear that we met all your expectations. We all appreciate the opportunity to work for you. Its been our pleasure!

06/08/2020

arthur S.

Sal and his Company provided excellent customer service, old insulation was removed, area cleaned and vacuumed. New insulation added and proper vents to the eves installed. Very professional and preformed in a timely manner. Excess materials from floors were cleared and cleaned. Would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation

Category insulation, basement waterproofing

Thank You for the spectacular review. We feel fortunate to have you as our customer. It was a true pleasure working for you and meeting you and your family! Thank You [Member Name Removed]

09/10/2018

Maria M.

Sal the owner and Lenny the worker came over and did the work quickly and efficiently. He charged me $100 less then the lowest estimate I had received. He even came on a Sunday because it rained on the Saturday. I gave the price a B rating as I am somewhat cheap and feel everything is expensive. He also got me a great price on my roof.

Description of Work
Driveway resealed

Category driveway pavers

Thank you for another great review. It was our pleasure.

08/27/2017

Sal S.

Complete marble bathroom , ceilings, floor, walls, molding & cracked glass.They did the finest workmanship anywhere.

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom in marble.

Category remodeling

04/22/2017

Rick B.

Spoke to Sal on Monday, he set up an appointment for Wednesday at 6pm, but never showed up and never called. I tried to call 518 Remodel a couple times but got the answering machine.

Description of Work
Attic insulation and exhaust fans

Category insulation

01/07/2017

Nancy B.

Sal was able to find colored vinyl lattice that went with my house and deck. The old lattice was removed and the new lattice was cut to fit and installed. Sal also built a replacement gate for access under the deck. The new lattice looks wonderful!

Description of Work
Replace broken and rotted lattice underneath my deck.

Category decks, remodeling

Thank you for another great review.We all appreciate the work you contracted with us.The lattice matches and looks great.We are looking forward to doing a great job on the other work that you contracted with us.

01/07/2017

Nancy B.

The old heavy door, tracks, and opener were removed and disposed of. A new Liftmaster double door, tracks and opener were installed. The door looks very nice, and enhances the looks of the house. It is very quiet opening and closing. The beautiful wagon wheel shaped windows are at a height that I can see out of, and I love being able to look out the windows when I am working in the garage. It is great to be able to control the door from the HomeLink button on my car's rear view mirror.

Description of Work
Replace an old windowless wooden double garage door with a new triple insulated door. I was able to choose the color of the door, the style of the decorative windows, and the height of the windows.

Category garage doors, remodeling

Thank you for the great review.We all appreciate it.The garage door looks great.I'm happy you like it. Thanks again.

12/28/2016

Nancy B.

I hired Sal to work on the side of the house with the most issues. He removed the mulch that was up against the house, and shrubs that were too close to the house. He removed enough dirt so that remaining soil sloped away from the house. Sal then put down crushed stone, and compacted the stone. He then installed waterproof landscape fabric and put decorative stone on top. Sal also re-cut and rerouted the downspout. I was so impressed with the job that I hired Sal to do similar re-grading work (crushed stone, landscape fabric, decorative stone) on 2 other sides of the house, including back breaking work to properly grade underneath a deck in back. Sal and his crew worked very, very hard in cold temperatures and biting wind, in order to finish the job before the ground froze. They did a great job to clean up after themselves at the end of the day. I will be hiring Sal to do basement waterproofing work on the inside of the house.

Description of Work
Discovered that basement in newly purchased house was not as dry as I thought it was. I wanted suggestions on how to remedy the moisture problem. I met with several contractors, and Sal was the ONLY one that asked to see the outside of the house. He told me that I needed to fix issues on the outside of the house before fixing issues in the basement.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, basement waterproofing

We all thank you for the great review.It was a pleasure working for you and your husband.Thank you for choosing 518Remodel for the work,we appreciate it.We our looking forward to doing a great job on the other work you contracted with us. We all wish you a Happy New Year filled with Happiness!!

12/14/2016

Jared N.

Very polite and professional, will hire again

Description of Work
Routine cleaning and inspection of my heating system

Category remodeling

10/22/2016

Maria M.

Once the town approved the project; it went smoothly. He was not the least expensive contractor BUT he was very honest, told us a head of time what the cost would be and why. Had us compare with other estimates and it was just as what he said. I would so hire again

Description of Work
Garage Built; car port torn down; water in basement issue resolved; yard drainage issue resolved

Category excavators, garage doors, garage builders

Thank you for the awesome review. It was a very nice job to do and we enjoyed it. We appreciate all the work you have given us. Thank you very much [Member Name Removed]

09/24/2016

James W.

Sal and his team were wonderful to work with. They showed up when they said hey would and were all very polite and respectful of our home and covered and protected the room and hallway leading up to the attic. They disposed of all the old insulation. Our house was immediately cooler. We were and still are extremely happy with the job that they did. Thank you 518 remodel, we look forward to working with you again.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation. All old insulation was removed, an access walkway was installed along with new vents, then new fiberglass insulation was blown in.

Category insulation, remodeling, woodworking

Thank You for the great review.It was a pleasure to do another job for you and your family.We all appreciated the work and your kindness.

08/21/2016

Derek S.

perfectly. Lenny arrived on time, was professional, friendly and meticulous. Work took one weekend plus a Saturday. Everything was completed as described by Sal during the appraisal and I could not be happier with the results. Great working with Sal and Lenny and highly recommend this company to anyone needing work done on their home.

Description of Work
remove damaged wood from front deck roof, reframe and replace

Category decks, remodeling

Thank you for the great review.We appreciate the work you contracted with us and look forward to doing work for you in the future.

08/14/2016

William H.

Completed work was wonderful. Workers were right on time to start project and took their time to make sure work was done correctly and neatly. Made the garage appear to have a "finished off" look.

Description of Work
Concrete walk & apron around previously built 2 car garage by 518 Remodel.

Category concrete repair

Thank you for another great review.We are very thankful for all the work that you contracted with us.It was a pleasure working with you.

08/13/2016

William H.

Entire project went very quickly. People doing the work were professionals and did a great job. After the work was completed, they left my home clean and neat. I found them to be very particular on making sure all aspects of the job was done correctly.

Description of Work
New asphalt driveway finishing garage project done by 518 Remodel.

Category remodeling, driveway pavers

We all thank you for the great review and the work you gave us.It was a pleasure working for you.Thank you for everything.

07/19/2016

peter C.

After seeing 518 Remodel's great work on another home, I gave Sal a call and couldn't be happier with the results. Sal is by far the best contractor I have ever hired. His communication skills and attention to details are exceptional. During the project, Sal met me at my home several times and updated me on the phone. Sal treats every project as if it were his own and makes sure you are happy with the results. With that said, Sal and his crew went above and beyond building a beautiful 24x24 garage. His workers are fast and efficient. In only a few days, the concrete slab and entire main structure were up. Sal personally inspects every project and makes sure things are done right, paying attention to minute details. The carpentry job inside the garage was challenging and turned out beautiful (Thank you Leonard). Sal and his crew were also very accommodating in doing side projects on my home and doing last minute changes. Not to mention, making several suggestions that I'm glad I went with. If you are a person that wants a project done right, to the best standards, I highly suggest you go with 518 Remodel.

Description of Work
24x24 Garage plus home improvements

Category concrete repair, garage doors, insulation, landscaping, masonry, remodeling, roofing, siding, pavers, gravel, garage builders, woodworking, interior painters, doors

We all thank you for the great review.It was our pleasure working for you.We are all happy that you like all the work we performed for you.Thank you very much for all the work you gave us,its appreciated.Enjoy and Thank You!

07/17/2016

Kay M.

Fantastic. We have used these folks for other jobs and this project turned out as well as the others. They did exactly what I requested, with the materials requested, the way I would have done it. They were on time every day. The crew was pleasant and friendly. They cleaned up after themselves. The yard looked better after they picked up than before. The roof looks great. No leaks. There were also some trim and carpentry repairs that needed to be made. They did that with no fuss. The work they performed looks beautiful. Fit and finish is great. It's a big roof and they worked long and hard to get us back under cover in as short a time as possible. All in all, a great job by an excellent team.

Description of Work
We need a new roof and some trim carpentry to replace rotted eave trim as well as some other carpentry work to replace rotted boards on the roof and cupola.

Category roofing, woodworking

We all thank you for the great review.It was a pleasure working for you and your family again and we appreciate the work you gave us.Thank You Very Much!

06/14/2016

James W.

Sal was very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all our questions regarding our roof and attic and helped us to choose the right shingles to complement our home. On the day that the service was provided, Sal and his team were right on time and all were very courteous and professional. They quickly removed and replaced the existing roof and plywood all in one day. They protected all areas surrounding our home and did a thorough walk through after they were done to make sure all the debris was removed. We are extremely happy with our new roof and the stress free service that 518 Remodel provided. I would highly recommend them and will be using them again.

Description of Work
Replaced existing old roof, plywood, and chimney flashing.

It was our pleasure working for you and your family.Thank you for the awesome review.We appreciate the work and the review.

06/13/2016

Virginia W.

He did a fantastic job, would hire him in a heartbeat, his name was Sal, great personality. we can't stop admiring the job he did and its craftsmanship. There were other workers but he was the boss man and worked right with them. We are completely satisfied.

Description of Work
installed new steps and railing, new poles for the porch, put black top on sidewalk by the porch.

Category decks

We all thank you very much for the great review.It truly was a pleasure working for you and your family.You were all very nice and have a great sense of humor.Enjoy your new stairs. Thank You

04/08/2016

Patrick D.

Sal and Lenny were both a pleasure to work with. Sal was very prompt in coming out to provide an estimate, and his estimate was on par with other contractors we got estimates from. Sal was also very accommodating when I had to postpone the work at the last minute due to a family emergency. We were able to reschedule within two weeks, and the work was completed within 4 days. Each day, they arrived promptly at 8am, and at the end of the day, the areas were cleaned so that there was no mess left behind. They hauled away all of the trash and recycling when they were done. I did not have to lift a finger. I would do business again with 518 remodel.

Description of Work
They installed insulation, venting, and a walk in the attic. Installed two new lights in the hallways (where there were no pre-existing lights). Installed a new bathroom fan/light with a timed switch. Installed a garbage disposal (where there was no pre-existing one).

Category electrician, insulation, remodeling, home remodeling

We thank you for the great review.It was our pleasure working for you and your family.We appreciate the work and hope to see you again. Thank You

03/25/2016

James W.

It was a pleasure working with Sal and his crew, they were very friendly, easy to talk to and were very flexible and accommodating with some last minute changes that we made and never once complained. They also addressed any concerns we had promptly and efficiently.They showed up every day on time and were very professional, courteous, and respectful of our home, family, and pets. They protected our home with canvas and plastic and were very careful while moving things in and out of our home all while being very clean, neat , and organized.The work was completed within the time frame we agreed upon and done correctly and also within our budget. They also found and addressed some safety issues which I am so thankful for. I look forward to having them back to do more work for us in the future. It was truly a stress free and awarding experience, I would highly recommend them to my family and friends without hesitation.

Description of Work
518 Remodel turned our embarrassing bathroom into a beautiful and functional space that we now enjoy going into. They completely gutted the bathroom and replaced the floor, walls, window, vanity, sink, tub, toilet, trim, all fixtures, floor and wall tiles, with high quality workmanship that well exceeded our expectations. The taping, sanding, and painting came out flawless. I especially loved Sal's suggestion of slanting the bottom casing of our window seal which sits above our tub so that the water drains down into the tub instead of sitting inside the window seal.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, pavers, gravel, replacement windows, home remodeling

We all thank you for the spectacular review.We're very happy that you love your new bathroom.You and your family are such kind people.We couldn't ask for better customers.Thank you very much.

02/03/2016

Lindsay H.

Sal showed up early and was a really nice guy. He had a lot of ideas of what we could do to improve the insulation of our 1950s Cape Cod house. Unfortunately, we never heard from him again. He was supposed to write up an estimate for us. He never did. We called and followed-up with him and he never responded. So, if you are actually interested in getting work done, don't bother calling 518 Remodel - they are not interested in your work!

Description of Work
Sal came out to look at our insulation and recommend what we do to increase efficiency.

Category insulation, remodeling

Our apologies for not getting back to you promptly.We have been overwhelmed with jobs that came in from our estimates we already estimated.We wish you the best in the future. Thank You Sal