⚜️518HandyDad

Founded 2016 • With Angi since May 2016

518HandyDad is proud to serve our communities 518Handy-Crew is Family owned & operated. We love the art of painting and take pride of our work. We Only use materials with the best warranties in the industry.We love to see our customers happy with the Quality work we provide.Happy customer is a repeat customer and that is 1 of our Goal’s!.We specialize in all aspects of Interior and exterior painting,cabinet painting,flooring. Contact us on our website @ www.518handycrew.com...

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+35 more images

house cleaning (66)handyman (27)interior painting (20)professional organizers (15)window cleaning (15)pressure washing (7)floor cleaning (6)house painting (4)roofing (4)plumbers (4)home remodeling (2)siding companies (2)

05/04/2022

mohannah M.

Fantastic! Great worker, intelligent, good designer, very knowledgeable, affordable, reliable, and i continue to rehire him for additional projects. Most highly recommend!

Description of Work
Handyman, bathroom remodeling, painting, drywall, installation of sink and other fixtures, providing reliable electricians and other subcontractors to do additional work

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, wallpaper removal, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

04/21/2021

Judson H.

Haris and his crew went above and beyond to help me with a recent renovation of a rental property. He was quick to come out at give me estimates, and even made suggestions that made the place look great while saving me money. He and his crew painted a unit and installed click-lock LVP flooring and installed a kitchen backsplash. In addition, they did some other punch-list odds and ends to help get the place rent-ready, free of charge. The crew was professional and worked quickly. Haris met me afterwards to go over the work at which time I paid him. His prices were reasonable and the work was done well. FInally, the best part about working with Haris is his personality. He is a wonderful person to be around and has a love for life that is infectious! I will definitely hire Haris again on future projects.

Description of Work
Painting, laminate flooring, handyman

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/09/2021

03/31/2021

Carol T.

Haris & his helper were fantastic. Both men went above & beyond to make sure everything was perfect . Job was completed in time agreed upon. They worked quickly & cleaned up beautifully. I would definitely hire again .

Description of Work
Handyman, painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

01/29/2021

Rosemary K.

Very good. I called 518Handycrew after reading reviews about them on Angie's List & they called me back that same day. They came the next day for a roof leak that I was having & fixed it in a hour & half. They were very courteous & took pictures & explained what they did to fix the problem.

Description of Work
Roof leak waterproofing,Pipe boot repair

Category handyman service, roofing

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

11/17/2020

rich J.

For starters they arrived early, unlike many contractors I've encountered. My wife and I noticed a roof leak at the end of October. Over 2 weeks we had almost 10 roofers and repair companies to our house. Most of which wanted nothing to do with any job that wasn't a full roof replacement, or they quoted a price WELL ABOVE what anyone in their right mind would pay. The Brothers from 518 Handymen came, looked at the roof and noticed that there were a few cracks and holes in the roof that needed to be properly sealed with silicon. They immediately sealed it and were in and out in less than an hour and called back to check a couple days later to verify the leak had ceased. They had also left me with a great quote for a new roof in the spring for my aging roof, but most importantly were WILLING TO DO WHAT NEEDED THEM TO DO AT THE TIME, not just the big job. They're in my phone for a call back when needed.

Description of Work
Roof leak repair

Category handyman service, roofing

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

Thank you so much we appreciate it.

11/04/2020

Yvonne A.

518Handycrew genuinely cares about doing a good job. They came to replace some missing roof shingles 1 day after I called, and Harise regularly texted me photos of my roof repair. They also spotted some loose/ cracked siding in their inspection and offered to fix it! I would definitely recommend 518handycrew and couldn't be happier with their work.

Description of Work
roof caps repair wind damage

Category handyman service, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

10/12/2020

Hsiungwei Y.

Haris is good and price is fair. I've used him a couple of times and both times he did very fantastic job. He's on my speed dial for all my handyman jobs.

Description of Work
Replace a dripping faucet.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

10/09/2020

Ken P.

Excellent and reliable service that was fairly priced! Harris provided exceptional work, was on time and kept me well informed of any issues that came up during the project! Professional and courteous! Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Home Exterior Painting

Category blind cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

09/03/2020

Brian E.

Absolutely the best contractors ive ever worked with. Will be using them for all future contract home projects.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting, window seal replacement,porch light replacement and alluminum siding repair

Category electrician, siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

08/23/2020

Barbara A.

Wonderful workers. Polite. Dependable. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Handyman Services, Gutter Repair & Replacement, Landscaping, Pressure Washing, Painting - Exterior, Stucco

Category landscaping, stucco

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

08/21/2020

Alfred R.

Excellent will hire again. Great work and communication.

Description of Work
Interior Painting, Roofing, Handymen

Category handyman service, roofing, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

Thank you so much we appreciate it.

07/02/2020

Steve V.

He is probably the most polite contractor I have had. My wife is a nurse on night shift. He always asked if they were making to much noise, ext. Put it this way. When my wife was sleeping, and I needed to work , or run for materials. I never felt uncomfortable. We had a few projects going at once. New electric, lighting ext. Bathroom remodel. Rip up living room carpet, and installed a new wood floor. Removed and replaced ceiling tiles in our basement. Prepared and painted it also. I have already recommended him to family, and would never hesitate to use them again. All the work was done with quality. He was very aware of any blemishes, or things that I would have noticed . Thanks for your service.

Description of Work
bathroom renovationBasment renovation,painting,plumbing,framing, ceeling tiles,Demolition,Cabinet painting&Hardware install,living room Flooring

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

Thank you so much to you and the Family we appreciate it.

05/05/2020

Sam R.

Excellent professional work. Very polite, honest and his price very reasonable. Always stand behind his work. I'm

Description of Work
Windows, doorspair install,Garage organization,cleaning,plumbing,deck painting.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

04/08/2020

Michael G.

They performed an excellent cleaning

Description of Work
House cleaning

Work Completed On 04/07/2020

02/11/2020

Amina H.

Crew was very professional and timely. They were fairly priced and are definitely my go-to for any future needs.

Description of Work
painting,light fixtures,cleaning,demolition

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, hauling services, house cleaning, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

02/06/2020

James G.

Very professional and courteous. Went above and beyond. I will recommend to friends.

Description of Work
no work performed .providor drove out for a quote.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

02/05/2020

Joe L.

Did a good job painting as well as helping clean up jobsite after major renovation.

Description of Work
painting & Clean up

Category handyman service, house cleaning, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

11/17/2017

Matthew C.

Charged $280 after i had purchased 'special" on line. Work substandard and in cases worse than before "cleaning".

Description of Work
Final clean-up before listing. Specifically bathrooms and kitchen and windows.

Category hauling services, house cleaning

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

Review for ⚜️518HandyDad - 7 Marriner Ave, Albany, NY - 36588768

Thank you.

10/15/2017

nick S.

great job, thorough and high quality

Description of Work
move in cleaning

10/11/2017

Susan S.

Did not hire as they would not commit and were not forthright in their responses.

Description of Work
Contacted them through Angie's List... communication was great at first... Sent pictures of the job I needed done, basement areas, so they would be sure to know what the job entailed. They told me to call in to get the job on the schedule. They then said they would be able to start this Thursday (tomorrow) or Friday. Husband took the day off from work. I asked them to honor a coupon and it went downhill from there. It is now Wednesday afternoon and at 6 PM and they did not get back to me about tomorrow. I told them I was disappointed at the lack of communication and instead of correcting it or apologizing, I received a sarcastic message that since I was disappointed in them, they guessed I wouldn't want to work with them. Totally frustrating as I passed on another cleaning service out of courtesy to them as they got back to me first. Now, I am back at Square One. I see they have multiple coupons up on the List. If they were not interested in my job they should have said so from the start. Guess they were just stringing me along in case nothing better came up. I have pictures of the entire communications in messages. Very disappointing. Their two most recent reviews are also bad. Does Angie's List not check reviews or responsiveness before posting more coupons? Get it together guys.

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

you have mold in you basement and we have had customers that are disappointed act rude so we ask that and I repeatedly told you we are no longer with Angie's list and we have had a bad experience with Angie's list also .well thank you we appreciate it. we have many great regular customers and we do great work also many pictures of project's.

10/05/2017

Matthew C.

I returned to house after they had started to find that they had hired away my worker who was being paid $13/ hour. to work for them at something like $50 an hour. They presented me with a $280 bill that I was assured had many discounts applied. The bathrooms were done well. The only other thing they cleaned was the window sills which came out hit and miss. I have photos of all this. I also paid them $120 in advance in cash to remove some garbage. They did not and continued to promise to do so shortly. They finally told me that he was keeping the money because he needed it. I ultimately paid someone else to remove it.

Description of Work
Cleaning of windows and bathrooms prior to sale. About a three hour job.

Category house cleaning, window cleaning

Work Completed On 09/09/2017

Review for ⚜️518HandyDad - 7 Marriner Ave, Albany, NY - 36377374

09/25/2017

Richard B.

organization could have been better.

Description of Work
clean garage