Independent Specialists of Reno

With Angi since November 2011

2375 Harvard Way Ste 1

Reno, NV 89502

We specialize in all Asian imports (Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, Nissan, etc) We also specialize in all Trucks and Suv's, import and domestic, Gas and Diesel Unfortunately we do not work on any European cars/suvs Auto repair & maintenance including oil, lube, filter, exhaust, electrical, tune-ups, radiator, transmission, tire inspection, tow, suspension, brakes, body & wheel alignment....

05/26/2018

Mitchell G.

Called the guys and talked about the issues the day before, they said it wouldn’t be an issue and just drop the car off tomorrow. I dropped it off the next morning and called around 4pm cause it was Friday and couldn’t leave the car all weekend. They told me the only thing they found was a cracking serpentine belt, but everything else checked out good. Now here’s the shady part, when I went to pick it up he gave me a bill for almost $60! ($4.34 in shop supplies) I asked what this was and he said it’s for the inspection. I asked if this was going to be refunded after the repair was completed and he said “no, I had to pay a tech to look at your car.” The reason this was shady is because there was at no time an implied amount to be charged either written or verbally. Never been to a place that charged for inspections unless it was for a car sale. I’m sure both of the guys running the shop have taken a flat into Discount Tire for a free fix that Discount Tire paid a tech an hourly wage for.

Description of Work
Wife complained that our 03 Infiniti was difficult to start and had trouble getting into first gear.

02/05/2018

Marc L.

Great, very friendly and knowledgeable. They got me in right on time and will take care of my car needs from now own.

Description of Work
Oil change and check and inspect car

08/17/2017

Larry C.

Made an appointment with Independent Specialist of Reno. Was asked to bring my car in at 7:30 since the 60K mile service would take most of the day. I was given a estimate of inspections that would be performed with only fluids and filters as parts, so most of the charges were for labor. I returned to the shop at 1pm and found my car still sitting in the same place I left it. The owner acknowledged work had not been started and gave excuses why. I asked them to return my car since there was realistically only 3 hours left in the day which did not allow time to perform the "thorough inspections" and order any parts that may be needed. with out leaving it overnight. The owner agreed and returned my keys. My PERCEPTION leaving the shop was that the estimate did not accurately reflect the work that would have actually been done.

Description of Work
Auto service - scheduled maintenance

Category auto repair

[Member Name Removed], we are sorry for the inconvenience that you spent your time to [Member Information Removed] here and we had not run on schedule that day, at times it happens and unfortunately our service advisor had tagged your ticket EOD (end of day) and did not tag it as a waiter, that you were waiting around where the car should have been started first thing in the AM, either way, no excuses, just a bad mistake on our part. Chris and I sent you a $50.00 prepaid visa gift card for your time/fuel I hope we can serve you in the future Steve

07/10/2017

Thomas T.

Great job. Cost was as estimated and delivered ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Replacement of pinion gear bearing.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

05/24/2017

Janet E.

Steve and his partner at the desk were polite, courteous, HONEST, professional...what a relief to find this kind of service. They gave me an honest evaluation of my SUV's problem which requires a future visit, yet have corrected things so that the vehicle runs better than it has in years. They do not include unnecessary work, and do not "pad" the bill like so many other auto repair shops in Reno; in fact, I could have saved thousands of dollars in the past few years if I had known about "Independent Specialists of Reno". These guys are great! They provide that good old-fashioned service! And I finally have a car that runs well....Score!

Description of Work
Overall safety check of 1993 SUV, and diagnosis of misfires and "chugging" sounds that other auto repair shops have found "puzzling"

11/08/2016

Barbara S.

Very well - will totally go back to these guys.

Description of Work
Break work on a 2008 Landcruiser.

02/22/2016

James W.

Office was very familiar with my SUV, Acura MDX. They performed the fluid service per Honda's specifications. They finished the service exactly at the time promised. Staff and employees were very professional and explained the service performed. I have already scheduled my next oil change with Independent Specialists.

Description of Work
transmission fluid flush per Honda specifications.

05/18/2015

Margaret W.

I would highly recommend Independent Specialists of Reno. They do what they say. They are always prompt. Their work is excellent. We never had any problems with the results. We've been using them for several years and we've never been disappointed. Their price is not cheap but it is not expensive as the dealership.

Description of Work
They did maintenance, oil change and tune up.

08/06/2014

Dan O.

It went good. Honesty stands out about them.

Description of Work
I used Independent Specialists of Reno trying to fix out a problem I had and fixed an oil pan.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

07/19/2014

David B.

They do quality work for reasonable price. They're responsive and they do the work more than you need it. They stand by to do the work.

Description of Work
I used Independent Auto Specialists and they did some repair work.

Auto Service