Hawthorne Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Reno

Founded 2012 • With Angi since January 2013

Hawthorne Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is your local Reno plumbing company, capable of handling a wide range of plumbing problems for homeowners throughout the area. From water heater replacement to showerhead installation to toilet repairs, trenchless sewer replacement, and even full system

4.3

plumbers (118)water heaters (57)drain cleaning (13)home remodeling (6)water softeners (4)HVAC Companies (4)gas leak repair (3)excavating (3)sewer cleaning (1)drain pipe installation (1)air duct cleaning (1)

05/11/2021

Kevin B.

Called to make an appointment was given a ball park quote over the phone. I requested an appointment for a particular day to minimize time off from work. Called the day of said appointment to confirm because nobody called me to confirm. They had not made the appointment for me. I tried sharing the story of what happened with the woman on the phone . She would not let me finish talking before cutting me off several times and putting me on hold. She put me on hold 5 times. I finally just hung up. First you forget me then put me on the backburner then cut me off. She stated they had several emergencies like my job didn't matter. Emergency quotes take up alot of time in the day it seems. Then you don't let me tell you what works for me after you ask. I definitely do not recommend this company.

Description of Work
Quote for tankless water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

03/22/2021

Dyanne F.

Notified me if needing a part but was not needed. Did not clean unit

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 03/22/2021

12/03/2020

Marvin K.

I was impressed with the attitude of the provide and the quality of the work.

Description of Work
repaired toilets and performed water heater maintenance and repair

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

10/09/2020

lindsey R.

Took longer than specified and there was an accident with the gas line, however, the tech took respiring the spot and fixed everything and made it “right”. When he left I felt he had done a good job and I was very satisfied with furnace.

Description of Work
installed a furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

06/29/2020

Michael C.

Very Well, they were on time, did professional work and cleaned up after it was done. A bit expensive, but I cannot say anything negative about the work, it was very good.

Description of Work
replace circ. pump

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

06/29/2020

Michael C.

Work was done as planned (had to wait from Saturday pm till Monday morning to get parts). Problem was the price was three times higher than I had paid for the same job on a non-emergency basis ($1200 vs $ 415). From my perspective this falls in the area of "PRICE GOUGING".

Description of Work
Had a recirc. pump replaced on my hot water system.

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

04/25/2020

Jo S.

It went very well. Very reasonable price to pay for an emergency situation, Would use them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink was stopped up. Hawthorne called me and someone was out here within the hour.

Cost $247.5

Work Completed On 04/25/2020

02/24/2020

Bill M.

It went fine, but it was very expensive. Over $250.00 for 45 minutes of work. How does Hawthorne justify that cost?

Description of Work
repair copper piping

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

02/05/2020

Martha T.

Went very well. Nick was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
capped off water and drain lines

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

12/09/2019

Susan K.

Lance was on time, very courteous and professional. They signed us up for the Hero program as my husband is a veteran. Best experience ever!!

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

12/07/2019

Judy R.

He found out was wrong right away. Thought it was leaking pipes but ended up being the whole faucet. But it was replaced. Everything is working fine and no more leaks

Description of Work
ended up replacing the faucet

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

11/22/2019

Oliver W.

Nick Kirk technician showed up on time and did a fantastic job. Cleaned two drains, cleaned up and talk to us about maintenance. Great job

Description of Work
Unclog two drains

Work Completed On 11/22/2019

10/29/2019

Jonathan D.

I contacted Hawthorne to snake out my main sewer line that I knew exactly what the issue was. I had to talk to 3 representatives before they would let me talk to a technician who would give me a quote over the phone. Everyone told me there was $80 dollar fee for him to come out then he would then tell me how much the mystery service fee would be when he arrived even though i knew exactly what needed to be done and i would have to pay the $80 regardless if i agreed to the terms or not. I finally got the technician to give me a quote over the phone. $350 on top of the $80. Guess what, I said no and I got Michael's Plumbing Heating & Air to do it $150 TOTAL that same night who was super friendly and had great service too. Hawthorne is a great company for people(aka suckers) who have no clue about how much a simple plumbing service should cost.

Description of Work
Main line augured out

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm Angel Martinez the General Manager, I would like to hear what occurred during Monday Nights service call. I apologize that the service was not up to your expectations. When a customer is not happy with our service I want to hear about it. My phone number is (702) 278-3935. Please feel free to contact me any time. If It's ok, you can reply here and I will contact you at your earliest convenience.

10/22/2019

Michael G.

A technician from Hawthorne Plumbing came at the appointed time and did fabulous work! The shower drains perfectly now. Other vendors were quoting me in the $250-300 range, which seemed overpriced for about 20 minutes of work. Hawthorne had a "single drain special" for about $80, which was reasonable.

Description of Work
I had a shower that was draining incredibly slowly. I tried to manually "snake" it myself, but was not getting anywhere so I called in a professional.

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

08/21/2019

Clay S.

Arrived on time, with a call 30 minutes before arrival as requested. Work was done professionally and exactly as quoted. Worth the slightly higher price that we expected. 100% satisfied.

Description of Work
Main house water supply valve replaced

Work Completed On 08/04/2019

03/06/2019

thomas S.

Sent message 3/5/19 for a quote On 3/6 a plumber came out for an estimate arriving within the first hour of the 4 hour time slot. He found a crack in my faucet’s flexible hose. Given a choice of ordering a replacement part vs a new faucet I decided to go for replacement which he picked up and installed. All work done quickly with no leaks so far

Description of Work
Repair leaky kitchen faucet

Work Completed On 03/05/2019

05/30/2018

Jenna S.

These guys are awesome. I called to have a reception area toilet repaired in our medical clinic and Ken was there in no time. He not only got the issue sorted out (clogged toilet that couldn't be fixed with plunger) but he also replaced a valve so that it will not keep happening! This has happened multiple times with this toilet and our previous plumber never mentioned a possible valve issue. We will be using them for all of our future plumbing needs. Thank you Ken!

Description of Work
Toilet Repair

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

06/20/2017

Eugene A.

They were able to show me the issue and I was able to get the part for cheaper and install it myself. They also checked another faucet and fixed that problem while they were there. The guys were professional and able to get the job and diagnostics done.

Description of Work
One shower faucet was constantly leaking.

Work Completed On 06/17/2016

10/18/2016

Joey B.

The plumber from BF Plumbing arrived on time, cleaned out all my drains and left everything running properly, and was finished in about an hour. He provided detailed information on what he had done (that I actually understood!). Everything is working fine. I will call BF Plumbing again when a plumbing problem occurs.

Description of Work
What I had was a minor plumbing problem, but it was one I could not handle: stopped up drains and toilets.

Work Completed On 10/05/2016

09/12/2016

DONNA S.

Started off ok. Replumd was done. But they had a trainee the first few days. Then the main guy was alone after that, and he had his dad come in to do the showers, cause he wasn't comfortable doing that part of the work, (in my opinion, you shouldn't be in this field if that is the case)...but his dad never showed when he said he would to finish the showers. So we sent a complaint into the corporate office which is where we're at now. Told us if we didn't have a licensed plumber install a new water heater, they would not guarantee their work in that area. Supposedly there is a 25 year guarantee on their work, we'll see how that goes moving forward. I intend to hold them to their guarantee regardless of what they say. Very pricey compared to the area prices we've gotten from others. These companies need to be held accountable for their service or lack there of. Hated that they initially give you a four hour block of a time frame and show up at the very last minute of that time. Seems odd that they left their mess for me to clean up, they should have had a Shop Vac to clean it up. They also uninstalled the dryer venting system and left it uninstalled, as well as the outside vent was never put back on - unacceptable. You take it off, you better fix it because it was a working system before you fooled with it. You would think that once they started a job, they would get back and finish that job as soon as possible, not the way they work apparently. They would rarely show up before 10 AM and go to lunch at noon, then be there until maybe 7 at night. Unacceptable. And I will not allow people in my home working unless someone else is there. And at this time, we were and are not moved in yet so I was going back and forth between two houses while trying to accommodate them and my disabled husband. But we wanted this done before we had to get moved in - and apparently since we told them we didn't have to be in for a month, they were going to take that amount of time to get the job done. We shall see what corporate says....I have other options and avenues available to me regarding these people.

Description of Work
Replumb the entire house. Reconfigure the showers. Needed one shower done for my disabled husband, as a roll in or ADA type shower system.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

08/09/2016

Clarice C.

It went great. The service tech was very informative, helpful, honest and kind. I like to learn what and how they are fixing things and he didn't mind me in his shadow. We had just purchased this home and he noticed it was missing a very important part of the problem. He showed me the part that he needed to solve the problem, showed me how it worked and also informed me the part was aprox 260.00 which I wasn't prepared for. A few moments later he found the part tucked away under the sink. For whatever reason the prev owners left it there and never repaired it. I love an honest agency and highly recommend BFP. He even checked out a toilet I thought may need work. It turned out we were not flushing correctly as it was an old toilet but still operable. The total repairs covered the cost of the Angie's list offer of 49.00. Great deal!

Description of Work
Leaky bathroom sink

Work Completed On 08/09/2016

04/13/2016

Sandra F.

Keith was on time and knowledgeable. He crawled under the house and inspected the sewer line for 45 feet. Keith then wrote up an estimate that was reasonable and very fair.

Description of Work
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing gave me inspection of sewer drain pipe and a quote for repair per my request. Keith was very efficient and polite. I would recommend this plumbing firm.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning