TOP NOTCH ELECTRIC INC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2008

2612 Cattrack Ave

North Las Vegas, NV 89081

Mention Angies List for 10% off (up to $100.00) - Ask about Referral Program for additianl future discounts...

09/30/2014

Leticia & David F.

Owner sent his brother on the job. Brother did some sloppy work and had to be helped by other workers(electricians?) Apparently his knowledge was lacking. That's okay, just admit it though please. They had to come back twice because of improper installation. I ended up having another company installing pool light properly. I spoke with Robert (the owner) four times. Nice guy, terrible service. After all was said and done, I wanted him to provide me with an invoice or something that shows the work performed(warranty and insurance reasons). He told me to text him my name and address and email. I did that ,twice- have yet to hear from him. Be very cautious of this company. I hired them because of the good ratings on angies list. BTW, if you talk to them-have 'em contact me and settle this

Description of Work
run electrical for hot tub and install a swimming pool light

08/18/2014

Todd G.

It went fine. They were prompt and were right about it. They did good work. The workers were good.

Description of Work
They did some wiring and remodeling.

Category electrician, remodeling

02/14/2014

Richard D.

Carlos arrived in early afternoon for morning appointment, but quickly identified problem as faulty remote controller on chandelier. Was not able to correct problem immediately as we must acquire a new remote controller for full functionality.

Description of Work
Assigned by home warranty company for problem getting power to chandelier.

10/04/2013

Josephine C.

Top Notch Electrical came out to check our system. They advised us to notify NV Energy to come inspect the electrical box. NVEnergy was not responsible for where the repair was needed. Top notch came back, repaired the problem area in the box, and also took the temporary jumper off for us. They are so reasonable. Their honesty was so appreciated by us, as we were fearful that major electrical repairs were in order as we bought the house "as is" from the bank. To pay $75 for a service call, was unbelievable for having what could have been a disaster fixed up and safe in no time! We would definitely recommended Top Notch Electrical to all our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
This provider helped us correct a problem with our lights dimming and brightening, and drag on our appliances. The problem was traced to a screw in our electrical box, that had come loose over the years, and was starting to burn.

08/20/2013

Mary S.

They were professional, friendly, they came out, and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
I used Top Notch Electric Inc. I had an electrical problem, and they came and fixed it.

04/30/2013

Joan A.

He did a good job, he was here on time and he knew what he was doing.

Description of Work
He replaced an outside light for me.

04/19/2013

ROBERT S.

When I saw that all my outside lighting had gone dark, I called Top Notch and they came over at a scheduled time. They found a short circuit rather quickly, repaired it promptly. They were polite and efficient, I used them before and have been satisfied.

Description of Work
Exterior house lighting was all out. Top Notch came over, examined all outlets, fuse box etc. and found a short in one of the exterior fixtures.

12/17/2012

Joan H.

Called 3 electrical contractors. The other 2 had outrageous pricing so I had Top Notch come out and look at the job that I had described on the phone. They kept their low price and did the job professionally. Very happy!

Description of Work
I had Top Notch Electrical install a lighting fixture in the bathroom and also a switch. Also had them install a light fixture in kitchen and rewire another fixture for the kitchen. I had estimates for almost twice that amount from other electrical companies.

Category electrician, lighting, home remodeling

10/02/2012

ROBERT S.

l They repaired a faulty ceiling light fixture connection last week and subsequently it failed after their first visit. I called over the weekend and they sent someone on Monday and made it right at no additional cost to me.

Description of Work
They repaired a loose wire in a ceiling lighting fixture .

09/21/2012

Joanne E.

They were very accommodating and did a great job! They were very comfortable to be with.

Description of Work
They did some outdoor lighting work.

Category outdoor lighting

08/03/2012

David B.

I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Top Notch Electric to fix some outlets that weren't working.

06/25/2012

John K.

Excellent service. Prompt and professional!

Description of Work
Ceiling Fan wired and added to upstairs bedroom. Wired another upstairs bedroom and downstairs bedroom for future ceiling fans. Installed light fixtures in place of future ceiling fans. We provided the fixtures.

Category electrician, remodeling

06/07/2012

William W.

I have been using Top Notch Electric Inc for about three years. The pricing is fair, the people that work there are professional and get the job done. They listen to what the customers says and wants which is important now days.

Description of Work
I use Top Notch Electric Inc for electrical. I am currently using this company for lighting the exterior of two apartment buildings.

01/13/2012

Steven D.

.He showed up on time and he put up the smoke detector and then he left. He was efficient and quick but I don't like to judge a company by such simple tasks. I was satisfied with them, though, and I would use their services again.

Description of Work
.They installed a smoke detector.

01/04/2012

Matt H.

We spent $1600 on that service. They were responsive as far as coming out and giving us an estimate. They were the lowest price and that is why we went with them. They specialize in the electrical portion, but they contracted the drywall portion and that was the reason we did not get a good dry Waller. They made us return lights that were 5 inch canisters because he wanted to get 6 inch canisters because that was what they were used to installing. They are a little too big for our kitchen. They installed the basic portion of the light and said that the dry Waller will finish the rest and help me install the canisters myself, which was unprofessional. He did not come back himself to finish his job. He was a day late to get the job done, which affected the whole remodel. We called them to do the job in 2 days and they said they could and they could not make it that day and it had to be the next day and that put everything behind. They pond off work on the dry Waller and had given us an estimate, but not discussed the price with the dry Waller and they weren't even here when we had to pay the dry Waller. The guy was upset with how little money we had agreed on. We will not use them again.

Description of Work
We used Top Notch Electric Inc. in September and they did lighting installation and ceiling dry walling.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting

11/17/2011

Dellie M.

'I never saw an electrician.....I had to make 2 calls to get a return call and then the electrician was to call 1/2 hour prior to arriving for the scheduled appointment (noon - 4 pm) and I called at 3:30 pm and had to leave a message and again at 3:50 pm finally spoke to someone. I have no idea how their electricians' service is but I do know I was less than pleased with their customer service at the office number.

Description of Work
I had to leave 2 messages for a service call (1st Nov 11th & 2nd Nov 14th), I did mention Angie's List on the 2nd message and received a return call, but not to the number I requested in my message, they used caller ID. When I asked why she didn't return my call to the number I left, she said they are having phone issues(?). She did schedule a technician to give me a free estimate for some electrical issues we are having. The scheduled time was from noon - 4 pm today (Nov 17th) with a call when the electrician was 1/2 hour away. I tried calling the office at 3:30 pm since I had not seen or heard from the electrician as of yet & had to leave a message. I tried again at 3:50 pm and after being on hold twice for a total of 8 minutes, I was told the electrician is running late and would be here within 45 minutes. He could have called when he knew he was not going to meet the 12 pm - 4 pm window. The 2 women (girls) I spoke with on the phone could barely speak proper English & I had to ask them more than once to slow down so I could understand them. On my last call the girl said she would check with the girl who set the appointment (Vanessa) and I asked her if she wanted my name, she said no, she was looking at caller ID. I asked her why they are relying on caller ID, a little more personal would be in order. I told both of them I had read so many good things about Top Notch Electric and I was sorry I could write a good review as well. I did let them know I would be adding my experience on Angie's List now. I did cancel the electrician.

09/13/2011

Amy S.

We used top notch electric previously to install a ceiling fan. Both experiences with them have been great. They are very friendly and do great work.

Description of Work
Added a dedicated electrical outlet for microwave.

09/10/2011

William O.

Showed up on time and ready to get started, no fooling around with useless conversation. Very professional!

Description of Work
Installed and connected Bose Surrond Sound system, cleaned up a wireing nightmare and fine tuned the TV to a much better picture.

08/26/2011

Daniel S.

On time, on bid and excellent work.

Description of Work
installed new wiring for Air conditioner upgrade. Had to run the wiring from the unit on the ground outside to 3 different locations in my house. All wires were intalled correctly, he used different color sheath for each unit making connections easier to find and hid the wiring in the wall by climing into the joist space between the first and second floor of my house.

08/11/2011

Rebecca C.

Our ceiling fan decided to go physco on us. It one day decided to start blinking at first when yo first turned it on then all the time. Our fan is in a vaulted area of the house they were able to bring a large enough ladder to do the the job. They inspected and did a few things were truly stumped called someone who told them to check the relay in the fan. It worked, they changed the relay in the fan. Havent had a problem since. I liked they called some one instead of waiting around or coming back. All in all they were in and out in about 40 mins. Will use again if needed but have refered them out as well.

Description of Work
Changed relay in ceiling fan

08/08/2011

Caren B.

I left a voice message on the phone number listed on Angie's List and received a call back within 30 minutes. The customer service rep was a little difficult to understand - she spoke very quickly and had an accent - but it was more my problem hearing her than her problem speaking. She said she would check to see if the tech was still in the field and call me back in about 20 minutes to let me know if he could come that day. True to her word, she did call me back. She said the tech was finishing up a job and would call me when he was done - approximately 20 minutes. The tech, Francisco, called me and asked for a quick description of the problem. He said he would call me in about 20 minutes to get my address and directions. About 30 minutes later he called and got the address and I started to give him directions. He said he would call me when he got closer to make sure he knew how to get in the complex. He estimated he'd arrive in about 30 minutes. After 40 minutes I was getting ready to call the main number again when the doorbell rang. It was Francisco; he said his cell phone had died and he couldn't call me but he was able to find his way in. I described the problem, he immediately identified a broken GFI outlet in the garage. It was fixed within 20 minutes and everything was working again. He wrote up the invoice and I wrote out the check to Top Notch Electric. He hesitated and then apologized because he forgot to tell me to make it out to "cash." He said something about "bank problems." I voided the first check and wrote out a check to cash. Francisco was very polite, knowledgeable and professional. I did think the check situation was odd. Also, the invoice had no company name or information on it.

Description of Work
The power was out to the lights in our bathrooms and the outlet powering our security system wasn't working. After resetting the electrical breakers and discovering that didn't work, I called Top Notch Electric to set up a service call.

07/29/2011

Jean B.

I was very pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
I called on a Friday to have an electrian come out to give an estimate on replacing 3 outlets with GFI outlets, replacing a broken outlet, and removing and capping off old conduit. The company was able to send an electrician out right away the very next day. The electrician was very professional and punctual and called before arriving. I walked him through everything that I needed done and he gave me a quote and said that he could come back later that day and take care of everything. He was true to his word, came back and replaced the outlets and removed the conduit. He explained everything that he was doing and why he was doing it. The final price was exactly what I was quoted. It only took him 2 hours to complete the job. I would definitely use this company again.

07/28/2011

Paul M.

They never showed up as promised nor with the right equipment.

Description of Work
I scheduled in advance a simple installation for a light fixture replacement, and added that the jobs requires a 20-25 foot ladder, when the appointment was scheduled. Three days later, appointment time was between 1pm and 3 pm,with 1/2 courtesy call , which i never received. At 2:45pm i called the company and they arranged for the technician to return my call,Technician calls back 15 mins later and inform me he is running 1-2 hours late later. I asked him if he has a ladder with with him, he says he knows nothing about that. I call the company back and tell them i would like to speak with a supervisor, clerk gives me a number with no answer other than a voice mail. i call company back and tell them to cancel my appointment. Enough Said!

07/07/2011

Clair K.

The project was completed as scheduled, unfortunately it did not pass the electrical inspection performed by the city. The contractor had to return to the job and remedy the issues that were identified. Once this was completed the upgrade passed inspection. The job was completed to my satisfaction with the company going above and beyond to make sure everything was correct. They contacted an individual to repair the exterior wall of the house after the new box was installed which was an added touch. It was unfortunate that there was a problem with the inspection.

Description of Work
The main electrical panel in the house was upgraded.

05/10/2011

Nancy F.

They were prompt and came out when they said that they were going to come out. They returned our calls. It was not their fault as it was something that was too breezy to diagnose. It was a problem with the person that rented the property. He was making it sound like it was bigger than what it was. They were quick. Their price was a lot for what they did but we understand that they had to make money for showing up.

Description of Work
We have used the services of Top Notch Electric Incorporated three or four weeks in our rental property. They came out and diagnosed an electrical problem but there was no problem.

Rock n Block Landscape

Las Vegas best turf and paver installers, Rock n Block Landscape. Quality, effectiveness, and good customer service are some of our greatest qualities. We are a company with many years of experience. Our hard work payed off, creating opportunities for us in different states. We currently have crews in Nevada, Arizona, San Diego, Los Angeles, Utah, Texas. You will not regret contacting us and start building your new dream garden. Discounts are also available depending on the size of the job.

Desert Tree Landscape

At Desert Tree Landscape we specialize in outdoor living space. We provide top quality service to our clients. We are a family owner operated company looking to grow and strive for success and what better way to do it through out our clients needs.

Cardinal Landscape

We work with the SNWA (southern nevada water authority) as a preferred contractor and are partnered with THD (the home depot) as a full service home installation C-10 contractor. our company is also a member of the SNLA (southern nevada landscape association). Members of the SNLA take pride in their workmanship and promotion of the green industry with each and every job using the latest water saving products & techniques available.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

NEW CONSTRUCTION, COMMERIAL TENANT IMPROVEMENTS, REMODELS, PROPERTY MGT NEEDS, REAL ESTATE REPAIRS PRIOR TO SELL OR PURCHASE, ALL INSIDE/OUTSIDE LIGHTING, REWIRING, MAIN PANEL UPGRADES, CHANGE OF BREAKERS/FUSES, CEILING FANS, OUTLETS/SWITCHES, GFI/DIMMER INSTALLATION, AC WIRING, SURROUND SOUND SYSTEMS, OFF THE SHELF SURVILLANCE SYSTEMS, SPA/POOL WIRING AND MUCH MORE..

GARAGE DOORS REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.