Rakeman Plumbing

Founded 1957 • With Angi since May 2006

4075 Losee Rd

North Las Vegas, NV 89030

Rakeman Plumbing has served the entire Las Vegas Valley since 1957. We’re a full-service plumbing company that repairs, replaces and maintains all types of plumbing issues. Our full-service, radio-dispatched trucks will come to you quickly to have your home’s plumbing back on track. We’re capable of performing high-pressure jetting, video sewer lines, faucet repairs and replacements, leak detection and line location, back-flow installations, testing and repairs. We’ll do everything everyone else won’t touch....

05/06/2022

dwayne G.

They were efficient. they were good. The quality of the work was very good

Description of Work
they fix water heater, also took care of AC and HVAC services

11/13/2021

Susan C.

When I made the appointment I was clear about what needed to be done, so I expected the plumber to bring the parts needed. He was at my home for 3 1/2 hours, mostly waiting for parts. By the time I get the drywall repaired I will have paid more for the valves than the washing machine. For the record, the plumbing work seemed to take very little time and was fine. But I will never call Rakeman again.

Description of Work
Valve inspection and/or replacement, before washing machine delivery.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

08/19/2021

Kay K.

Joseph Grande knew his stuff. He checked and double checked out side and inside and briefed me about how to take care of this matter so it won't happen again. He was professonal courteous and outstanding.

Description of Work
the kettle that prevents water overflow in air conditioner was filled beyond capacity and started getting the rug wet.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/31/2019

Erik H.

The whole process took approximately 3 hours, from calling the company to having the water heater replaced. Everyone at the company was friendly & professional. I would definitely use this company’s services again!

Description of Work
Water heater started leaking the night before, needed it replaced.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for using Rakeman Plumbing and taking the time to post a review. we appreciate your business.

06/04/2019

JULIUS R.

Two experienced plumbers showed up at the appointment time, went right to work and the job was done in a hour. Also, gave very useful tips on maintaining a water heater with the very hard water here in Southern Nevada.

Description of Work
Replaced a 40 Gallon Water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for using Rakeman Plumbing!!! We appreciate your business and the time you took to write the review.

01/24/2019

Juan B.

Website says free estimate, they told me that is wrong, they don't do free estimates any more, it would be 185.00 to come look and then they would give an estimate.

Description of Work
Gas Line Blockage

Category gas leak repair

We apologize for the misrepresentation from our website, places where it says "Free" estimates should be removed by next week. We do charge a $45.00 estimate fee, but it is waived if the estimate is accepted and the work preformed while on-site. The $45.00 does not include testing water heaters,using sewer cameras or using tools to determine the repair needed. If you were quoted $185.00, that price is the first hour fee to diagnose water heater and repairing it using tools. The required parts will be extra or possibly free if they are still covered under warranty. Our apologies.

10/23/2018

Sean S.

Real well. Corky was very pleasant to speak with and informed me of all that needed to be done toward the installation of the "more complicated" vented water heater.

Description of Work
Replace Water Heater

06/13/2018

Marti H.

Everything went well. Eric reviewed with me everything that had been corrected and demonstrated it for me. Only snafu was that the air in the recirculating pump at the hot water heater hadn't been purged so it was making a loud noise. After notifying them of this fact, they came back the same day and corrected the situation. I trust Rakeman and all of its staff implicitly. That is a very comforting feeling, indeed!

Description of Work
1. Replaced hot and cold water valves to washing machine. 2. Disconnected from cold water line under kitchen sink the instant boiling water unit and the reverse osmosis unit. Both were leaking.

04/18/2018

Ernest B.

Gene from Rakeman Plumbing did a great job and repaired our toilet and also replaced the parts inside the tank. He took out the two old wax rings (which were incorrectly placed--a new one over an old one by a different plumbing company). He correctly used 2 brand new wax rings and now the toilet works fine and is nice and solid! Thank you!

Description of Work
Toilet was leaking and also the parts inside the tank needed replacing.

Category plumbing

Thank you for using Rakeman Plumbing!! We appreciate your business and for taking the time to write the review. Gene has been with us for many years and appreciate all that he does for the company, he will be happy to see this review. Thank you again!!

03/05/2018

Ira B.

I STOPPED AT THE POINT THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME FOR AN ESTIMATE TO DO THE WORK.

Description of Work
REDO GUEST BATH

Category plumbing

We apologize for the miscommunication. We do charge $35.00 for the estimate, but it is refunded back to you if you accept the estimate while onsite. The $35.00 is to cover the expenses that is takes to do the estimate, labor, fuel, insurance etc. and helps determine how serious the customer is wanting the work to be done.

11/01/2017

PAT T.

It went great!! Mic Walsh will be my plumber from now on. He is honest and extremely knowledgable. Would give an A+ if it was possible.

Description of Work
I have 3 toilets in my house and they all had something wrong. Mic came and fix them all really quickly and efficiently. Only took one hour.

Category plumbing

WOW, thank you for taking the time to give such a wonderful review on Mic, he has been here a long time and is a very valued employee. Thank you for using Rakeman Plumbing and if we can help you with any Air Conditioning or Heating issues, please let us know. Have a wonderful holiday season. Aaron Hawley President / Owner

10/03/2017

Tracy G.

Service was excellent. Dawn, the person who took my call, was extremely helpful. She scheduled a service between 8 - 12 pm on the day that I requested but told me that since there were a lot of service requests on the same day, there was no guarantee that my service would be completed in the morning time frame. On the day of, Dawn called me a little bit after 8 am and asked if it was okay for her to send the technician, Corky, over. Corky arrived and was very professional and fast. I wasn't expecting service to be completed until later in the afternoon since they were so busy so I am extremely pleased that it was done sooner than expected. I will continue to use Rakeman for all my plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Install new garbage disposal

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing Rakeman Plumbing. I am very happy that you were satisfied with Corky's work and with Dawn's performance answering and dispatching the call. We strive to do the right thing all of the time, but sometimes that is a challenging task, I am very happy that all went well. Thank you for writing a very positive review. Aaron Hawley President / Owner Rakeman Plumbing Rakeman Air Conditioning

09/20/2017

Sandra J.

Corky is very knowledgeable and friendly. He showed me the state of the water flushed out of the heater (yuck!), which educated me on how important it is to flush every year.

Description of Work
Water Heater flush

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you very much for using Rakeman Plumbing and Corky, he definitely is a very intelligent plumber and is a great asset for my company. Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review, it is very important to us. If you have any future issues with your Furnace or Air Conditioner, please give RAKEMAN AIR a chance to service you, or at least give a second opinion. I try to give the same service to my Air Conditioning / heating customers. Aaron Hawley President / Owner Rakeman Plumbing

09/12/2017

G P.

Rakeman were very prompt in response to my call and the job was completed and is satisfactory. The plumber they sent was a bit on the gruff side from the minute he walked in the door. Unfortunately I had a visitor and was not able to devote 100% of my time observing the installation. There was a Reverse Osmosis system which has not leaked since 2015. It was not leaking prior to the installation. When the plumber was finished he noted on the work order that the R/O was leaking in many places so it was left turned off. Sure enough the R/O was leaking at many of the connections when I turned the supply to the R.O back on. Not sure what he did to the connections. He offered to "fix it" and I told him I would do it. Clearly he had stressed the connectors (which incidentally he commented upon arrival that he did not like...) by pulling or tensioning the various 1/4 " lines. Not a huge problem, but I spent an hour of my time this morning repairing the issues. Had the plumber been a bit more cautious with the unit, there would not have been any problem. They are easy to disconnect and move out of the way. Will I have them back again. Yes, but I will be present 100% of the time watching what goes on. It is important to not do damage during a repair/replacement.

Description of Work
Installation of dual outlet cold water supply stop valve under kitchen sink.

Category plumbing

Thank you for sending in the review. I will have a talk with my Technician about this review, I don't need gruff people in the field, I am always looking for a 100% positive feeling for our customers. I do very much appreciate that you chose Rakeman Plumbing. Aaron Hawley President Rakeman Plumbing

07/15/2017

Scott N.

Rakeman was very professional and reasonably priced. They arrived on time and the work was finished quickly.

Description of Work
Cleared clogged drain.

Category drain cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, especially a positive one. Rakeman business relies on positive reviews and referrals. We strive to leave a good feeling with the customer. Have a great day Aaron Hawley President / Owner

06/28/2017

Lunda G.

He was fine. He was in and out, and did an fine job. Everything was fine. He did an fine job. He came out and fixed the problem. We agreed on an fee, and there has been no problem since. The price was whatever his advertise fee was. That was probably an ball park figure. They did what they said they would do, and everything is fine.

Description of Work
He came out. To me it was an emergency. We had running water that we couldn't shut off. He was there, and he fixed the problem.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, Rakeman has been around since 1957 and it is because of customers like you trusting us to take care of their issues. If you ever have problems with your air conditioning system. please give us a try. :) Aaron Hawley Owner / President

06/28/2017

Kathleen B.

I've used him before and his work is excellent and was repaired perfectly and with a very reasonable price

Description of Work
repair dryer

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Thank you for taking time to post a review, it's customers like you that keep us going. Aaron Hawley President

05/31/2017

Joerg R.

It was quick, they were friendly and they offered a teachers discount.

Description of Work
We had backup on the side of the house going to the street on a Sunday.

Category plumbing

Thank you very much for using Rakeman Plumbing. I am very happy that we were able to properly take care of your needs and that you took the time to send in a positive review, Sending in a positive review is so important to us. THANK YOU again. Aaron Hawley President / Owner

05/04/2017

Brenda R.

Very badly. The technician they sent to replace our toilets did not prep any of our old toilets properly so that they did not drain toilet water all over our carpets. With the first removal upstairs on the carpeted surface, the technician drained dirty brown toilet water all over our carpets. And on the second toilet removal upstairs, instead of learning from his first mistake he simply carried on as if my house did not mean a thing to him and proceeded to carry (unprotected!) a second toilet down a hallway and set of stairs to the main floor tiled surface. The problem with this second one is that it was filled with blue dye!!! I chose this company because they had a high rating with Angie's list. I was completely shocked by their work ethic. I cannot recommend their services to anyone. Ever.

Description of Work
3 of the 4 toilets in our home replaced and a kitchen faucet swapped out.

Category plumbing

WOW, I am super surprised that you left this type of review after i spend a lot of time and multiple phone calls on the phone talking to you about this. My technician made a very bad mistake and Rakeman Plumbing stood behind his work. 1st, we sent multiple people to try to clean the carpet and then we paid to replace the carpet. Yes me made a mistake, and I know that it took time away from you, but in the end we did the right thing and took care of it, as we should have. WOW, I am very disappointed by this review. Aaron Hawley President

05/04/2017

Gary K.

Beware! This is a very untrustworthy company that charges more than quoted for the job. Plus, they refused to apply my Angie's List coupon of 15% off for the job. When I initially contacted the company I described to the dispatcher that I wanted them to replace a sensor on the water heater because it was displaying a fault code that indicated it needed replacement. The dispatcher quoted me a price of $175 labor (for 1 hour) plus the cost of the sensor and I agreed to that price and gave her my credit card information over the phone. When the plumber arrived at the job site he informed me that he didn't have the sensor with him so he had to have it delivered by a different person. The delivery took an additional 30 minutes. Since I was not present when the plumber finished the work I didn't learn until later that I was charged an additional $87.50 for the delivery time and to add insult to injury they never applied my 15% discount from Angie's List. I immediately contacted the owner to get a refund of the overcharged amount and she was entirely unsympathetic and refused to adjust the price.

Description of Work
Replace flame sensor on a Rheem Power Vent water heater.

04/15/2017

Louise R.

They sent a miracle plumber named Corky. Took him about three hours for everything. Bear in mind I had two other companies who had previously attempted to open the drain. They couldn't do it. These were nationally known companies. Not fly-by-night outfits. Corky was my miracle worker.

Description of Work
Open The mother of all clogged drains, replace fixtures.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for the GREAT review. Corky is absolutely a GREAT plumber. He has been with me for over 20 years and is a very intelligent service technician. Rakeman Plumbing "AND NOW" Air Conditioning is a company that has been is business for over 50 years and it takes wonderful and trusting customers to keep us going. As a native Nevadan, I am proud to service this you and this community. Aaron L Hawley Presidnet / Owner

02/24/2017

Lawrence M.

They were fine. It is just that they could not provide me the water heater that I wanted in the time I specified. They are a good company. We just had a little disagreement on when I can get it done. Their price was like everybody else. I do not think that they are higher or lower. They do not give me any breaks. Their responsiveness was good.

Description of Work
I got them for a bid for the water heater.

Category water heater repair

Thank you for the opportunity, I;m sorry we could not coordinate to meet up within your time schedule. I hope the company you chose was sufficient. By the way, My Daughter goes to the University of Oregon in Eugene, AWESOME place to live. Aaron Hawley President / Owner Rakeman Plumibng Rakeman Air Conditioning and Heating

02/07/2017

Sonia B.

The plumber looked at the sink faucet and determined that it was a loose connection. He tightened the fixture and tested to make sure the leak had stopped. Since it was a minor adjustment, he did not charge me for looking at the faucet. Looking at my natural gas stub, it turned out he needed an extra part. He was able to get the part within 30 minutes, return and complete the install.

Description of Work
The kitchen sink had a leak, and I needed to have a natural gas hook-up for a new grill.

Category gas grill repair, plumbing

Thank you for giving Rakeman Plumbing and our technician Corky the opportunity to take care of your needs. I am happy that everything turned out well, Corky has been with us for 20 + years and is a good Ambassador for the company. Thank you for taking the post a positive review. Aaron Hawley President Rakeman Plumbing Rakeman Plumbing and Air Conditioning

02/01/2017

Jim S.

Combine professional expertise and expedient and friendly service with a little muscle, and gone were the goo gremlins . . . as much as I wanted to solve this with DIY, the Rakeman solution was quick and satisfying, and a fair deal . . . highly recommend !!

Description of Work
Toilet in guest room had a major league plug that defied the plunger and chemicals that generally work in 98% of the cases when encountering a clog . . . time to call Rakeman Plumbing, and superman Gene . . .

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you Sir, The kind response was greatly appreciated by all. We have been in business for over 50 years and the reason we are still here is we respect the home-owners and we only sell 1 thing, that is "CUSTOMER SERVICE". Word of mouth is a great thing for Rakeman Plumbing and reviews like this really help. Let us know if there are any issues in the future, please feel free to contact us, we are not perfect and do make mistakes, but we take care of them when they occur. Thank You, Aaron Hawley President / Owner Rakeman Plumbing

01/31/2017

Maureen V.

Robert was my service person. He was professional, pleasant and a very hard working man. I would highly recommend Rakeman plumbing and Robert.

Description of Work
I had plumbing cleaned out in my mobile home that hadn't been given attention in over 10 years. Lots of work but well worth the time and $.

R W MECHANICAL INC

You can put your trust in RW Mechanical Inc. We provide personal service and exceptional quality for commercial, industrial, and residential markets in the Las Vegas Nevada Community. All of our services and products are guaranteed. We have been in business for over 14 years. RW Mechanical Inc. services all major brands in the commercial, industrial, and residential market. Our unparalleled service, competitive prices, and overall value In the Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration industry are why our loyal customers won't go anywhere else. We look forward to serving you!

Bulldog Air Conditioning and Heating LLC

At Bulldog Air Conditioning and Heating LLC our goal is to provide our clients with reliable heating and cooling systems with the highest quality customer service. Provide good jobs, safe working conditions and benefits for our employees while making a fair profit. Quick Response & Prompt Service! Busy? We understand. That’s why we respond to your call within hours, not days. If you need service at your home or business, we work with you to schedule a service call that’s as quick and convenient as possible. Once your service call is scheduled, we’ll be at your front door on time and ready to work. https://www.bulldogaclv.com/

Super Service Cooling & Heating

Are you looking for a hassle free, easy, friendly HVAC Tech you can feel good about? Then call us. We specialize in customer service transactions and honest pricing with quality workmanship. We never charge for late night, holiday or weekend after hour fees. We have great 0% interest Financing available on unit replacements and for repairs over $1000. See what our customers are saying about us on Yelp, Google, Facebook, and Nextdoor! We have over 21+ years of experience in Air Conditioning and Heating service, repair, and new unit installation for both Residential and Commercial properties. We want to keep you cool all summer long, and are committed to serving you so you can feel good about your Cooling & Heating guys!

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Back Flow Installations Repairs & Testing. Clogged Drains, Drain Cleaning & Maintenance. Gas Lines. Sewer Line Hydro Jetting. Plumbing Repair & Tankless Water Heater Installations. Water Heater Replacement, Installation, Repairs & Service. Water Softeners.

Air Conditioning, Heating, Appliances, Aquatherms.