Deuce's Pool Service

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2007

Thank you for considering me for your pool maintenance and repair needs. We are a very small company and only advertise on Angie’s List. It will always be me who answers the phone, no secretary, no operator and no dispatcher and it will always be me you meet first. I always have my phone with me, but if I can’t answer I always return messages promptly and you will never be asked to call back during normal business hours. I am always happy to answer questions over the phone regarding your pool problems. The way I see it, if I can help you by spending ten minutes on the phone with you talking you through an easily fixed issue or answering a question, if you have a major repair or replacement you need to have done, you will call me first. Also, unlike many of my competitors on Angie’s List, I perform all repairs, acid washes and estimates myself. I have only two employees that handle the weekly pool maintenance and that allows us to provide great customer service and allows me to help Angie’s List clients promptly and our regular weekly customers never get lost in the shuffle. All repairs, replacements, plumbing jobs, acid/chlorine washes etc, that my company does, are performed by me personally. I may not perform every job a pool area may need, but I have a small group of contractors that I am happy to refer you to that I back with my reputation. I feel if an Angie’s List member chooses to call me, it is my responsibility to be able to get them the best person for the job whether that person is me or someone that I have worked with closely in the past that are the best at what they do. My roladex is happily yours. I would also like to thank Angie’s List members for writing reviews for me that have allowed me to receive the Angie’s List Super Service Award for 2013, my 6th year in a row. The reviews members write, not only help me get more business, but make my business better. I make changes and add services based on your reviews....

Pool #1

+20 more images

pool cleaning (384)well & water pump repair (18)lawn & landscaping (4)plumbers (3)

01/08/2021

Jeremiah G.

My pool pump stopped stopped working. Ian texted me when he was on his way and showed up exactly when he said he would. He went straight to work and found the issue very quickly. He showed me where the impeller busted. He came back over the next day with the part and fixed it, good as new. Very impressed by him. I added his number to my phone and will call him directly if I ever have issues again. I highly recommend him. Thanks Ian.

Description of Work
Pool pump stopped working

Category landscaping, pool cleaners

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

09/21/2020

James D.

It went well. Ian translated my jumbled requests into very quick work. Ian also showed me a better way to handle cutoff values. In addition, his fees were reasonable. Ian is a star.

Description of Work
Clean filter and replace auto-fill value.

Category landscaping, pool cleaners

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

10/28/2019

Don J.

It didn't go at all. He did not have decency to return my call.

Description of Work
needed an estimate

Work Completed On 10/27/2019

08/29/2019

David W.

My pump needed to be primed to start and was leaking water when running. Ian took the pump apart and identified a seal which needed to be replaced, he also identified a minor leak in the pipe going to the pump and found the problem with my pool timer. He was able to repair my equipment instead of trying to sell me a new pump and timer. The work was done quickly and at a reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Pool pump repair and pool timer repair.

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

03/16/2019

Michael O.

Excellent. Ian was friendly, professional, and performed work as requested with no issues.

Description of Work
Pool drain, refill, chemical startup

Work Completed On 03/16/2019

02/01/2019

N Paul B.

I've been having trouble with my pop ups and overall circulation in my 10000 gallon in-ground pool. Ian came the day after I called him and showed me some settings to change on the pump and valves for better circulation. He also discovered a crack/leak in my filter housing. He asked if I had a home warranty (even though he doesn't work with them) and advised me to call them about the leak. He was right, they cover the equipment and repair which he receives no compensation for. His honesty, professionalism, and knowledge are rare and very much appreciated. I'd recommend him for any pool work as these qualities are hard to find in this town. I'll definitely call him for the non-warranty stuff that comes up. Go Bills!

Description of Work
Equipment evaluation

Work Completed On 01/29/2019

01/19/2019

Karen N.

Ian was fair. He has been cleaning my filters and minor maintenance for a couple of years now and I have been a customer for about 6 years with this pool business from the previous owner. This is the first time Ian, personally, has done a pool drain and cleaning for me. It is a small pool with real rocks on the fountain and one side. I wasn't quite satisfied with the outcome the first time around but he came back and re-did the pool again. It didn't help it was raining the entire week. Ian is a great guy and he takes customer service serious and tries to do his best. It's important to communicate with him what the problem is and I know he will reach a good outcome with you. Although this drain and cleaning was a little more expensive than previous times I've had this done, I like working with Ian and I think you would too. Otherwise, his prices are good and fair with filter cleaning and minor pool maintenance. He is friendly, punctual, and quick, which is hard to find in Las Vegas. He's one of the good guys! Thank Ian..

Description of Work
A pool drain and cleaning

Work Completed On 01/19/2019

09/06/2018

Jessica B.

Excellent! Ian called me back within a few hours and arranged a visit the next day! Cleaned my pool and offered ‘pool school’. Gave me suggestions on what chemicals, cleaning equipment and how to conduct routine maintenance. Was not pushy to sell his company’s weekly services. I will definitely be calling him again for all my future pool needs. Total for cleaning, chemical treatment and ‘pool school’ was $90 which included the $20 off Angie’s List discount. I’m extremely pleased and look forward to working with him in the future!

Description of Work
I’ve never owned a pool and had no idea where to begin. Needed to be cleaned and needed overall general education on how everything worked and future service requirements.

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

08/02/2018

Marti H.

Ian deciphered and fix the problem instantly. A replacement part was required which was difficult to find (due to age of system), but he found it! Then we addressed the issue of having an auto fill "thing" installed. He told us what to order and where to order it from. As soon as it arrives we are to call him to do the installation. Without a doubt, Ian is a man who knows his pools. It gives us a great sense of security to have Ian available when a pool problem arises. Life is good!!..................Richard Hafen

Description of Work
water flow problem inside our filter system

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

07/05/2018

Steve B.

Ian is a total pro who said what he would do and did what he said. He is a total pro, polite and affable, and responsible. I knew in my gut when he came over to assess my situation that he was the right contractor. I have been enjoying my pool every day since he completed the work, which was done in a tidy three days. I would definitely use him again. So should everyone else.

Description of Work
Fixing the in-ground cleaning system and pop-ups and draining and cleaning the pool.

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

06/04/2018

Skip F.

Had Air leak at pump strainer - almost no vacuum at skimmer so cannot vacuum pool. I could not find problem. Called Ian. He came as scheduled and found some seals and a part which needed changing. Came back next morning and fixed everything so now all works correctly. I really appreciate how helpful he was as finding this problem the cause of the air leak and lack of vacuum was beyond me. Price was also excellent.

Description of Work
Air leak at pump strainer - almost no vacuum at skimmer so cannot vacuum pool

Work Completed On 05/26/2018

05/17/2018

Andrew H.

Duece's Pool Service is awesome! We used Ian and his team to clean and service our pool equipment for about a year before we moved out Nevada. Ian is incredibly knowledgeable with all equipment, so he was able to replace or break broken things that make our pool much more efficient. He always left the pool sparkling. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Pool cleaning and servicing

Work Completed On 04/01/2018

05/09/2018

rosalie K.

I get my filters cleaned regularly. Usually I just send a text and the response is pretty quick. He is always looking out for my needs and gives me helpful advice. If you need someone to care for your pool, this is the right place.

Description of Work
Filters cleaned

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

04/02/2018

Cierra G.

It went GREAT, he was a life saver! Repaired a couple little things, cleaned our filters and had our pool sparkling by the end of his visit. We are also very happy with our weekly service. Everyone is knowledgeable and friendly. It's nice to have a reliable and trustworthy company to work with. :) We will refer our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Equipment Repair and Monthly Service

Work Completed On 03/20/2018

03/05/2018

Debbie B.

Excellent prompt service, and did not try to upwell me with anything unnecessary.

Description of Work
Drain spa, clean filters, assess condition of spa

Work Completed On 01/26/2018

01/28/2018

Brigitte B.

Outstanding - far beyond what we were expecting and worth every penny. We called Duece's because we have finally given up on the idiots routinely sent out by our home warranty company (which we are cancelling). We figured that anyone who racked up 350 A's on Angie's List with only 15 reviews less than an A (that's about a 96% approval rating) must have something going for them and we weren't disappointed. Ian quickly returned calls and texts. Arrived before the appointment time. Arrived on time for all of his work activities. Kept me up to speed on everything that needed doing and charged what he said he was going to charge with no mysterious upcharges. Professional and willing to explain what was going on without treating me like an idiot. Absolutely will hire again.

Description of Work
Entire pump unit/filter replacement, fix leaks, replace Tandy valve, correct valve line up.

Work Completed On 01/27/2018

01/22/2018

Robert C.

Services completed in two trips. Great job.

Description of Work
Filter piping leakage. Pump bearing replacement. Filter cleaning.

Category pool cleaners, wells

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

12/14/2017

David W.

The pool pump was often tripping the circuit breaker when trying to start up each morning. The owner, Ian, answered my call and was able to diagnose what was probably the issue over the phone. He quoted me a price that included the replacement part and was able to do the work in a timely and professional manner. He seemed to be honest and didn't try to sell me a new pump or timer.

Description of Work
Replaced starting capacitor on pool pump

Category pool cleaners, wells

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

11/05/2017

Dorothea C.

My pool is 20 years old and has had several issues over the past year. Ian has always been very responsive and extremely knowledgeable and efficient in diagnosing and fixing the problems.

Description of Work
Various repairs over the last year

Work Completed On 09/04/2017

08/16/2017

Carole L.

Excellent service. Our trees look beautiful! Great clean up! Going to use them on an annual basis!

Description of Work
Trimmed three palm trees.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

08/15/2017

Charlotte B.

They have been good so far. They are coming every month. They are actually charging more than I think they should, but seem to be doing okay. Their price is a little to high.

Description of Work
Pool Service

Work Completed On 08/10/2017

07/31/2017

Malvin M.

I want to thank Angie's List for recommending Deuce's Pool Service. Ian was awesome. He is hardworking, conscientious, trustworthy, honest, affable, and a veritable storehouse of knowledge about pool chemicals and pool maintenance and repair. Within a short time he turned my virtual swamp of a pool into a crystal clear heavenly paradise. It was truly amazing. What's more, with the repairs Ian made, my pool equipment is functioning better than it has in a very long time. I highly recommend Deuce's Pool Service, they are the best.

Description of Work
Drain pool, acid wash, clean filters, add start-up chemicals. Re pipe between pump and filter o-ring for filter union and Jandy valve. Solved electrical problem with pump.

Work Completed On 07/27/2017