CUSTOM HEARTH & DOOR

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2006

3.4

2255 CRESTLINE LOOP

North Las Vegas, NV 89030

We are a medium based subcontracting business of approximately 20 employees specializing in sales/installations of fireplaces, garage doors and automatic entry systems....

08/09/2016

Tom C.

They installed a garage door opener in a new home. I have called 5 times to get service as it does not operate smoothly and does not link to either of our cars . Our 18 yr old opener in our old home did not have this problem. Same brand opener. I have lived in Vegas for 35 years and rate this very bad customer service. I leave a message and no one calls.

Description of Work
installed garage door opener. Does not operate smoothly.wont work with home link. 5 phone calls have not been returned. very poor customer service.

04/28/2016

Julie M.

Absolutely the worst company... Buyer beware! We purchased two fireplaces and had an overall pathetic experience with those, but that's not the reason for this review. It is the two garage doors we ordered. We paid $2300 for new doors and had them installed as well. Within a couple of weeks one of them fell off the cable spool on one side. I called to have them come out and honor their warranty but was told by the receptionist, (because Kevin Hanshew refused to take the call), "I was told to tell you that the warranty was voided because we didn't install the door openers". Their contract and proposal stated nothing about this "disclaimer". They said they would come out to look at it but I had to pay their $95 call out charge and for any repairs. I was so mad I called another company, Dreikosen door co, who was awesome by the way, and as I expected the door wasn't installed properly. The track was 2" too far out which caused the cable to slip off. (And now a year later it still works great! Go figure!?!?) anyways, I told Kevin I expected reimbursement for the $225 charge to fix their inadequate installation. He refused... And the battle began. After a year of filing a complaint with the BBB, Complaint Case# 90116355 (Ref#114-63845-90116355-7-1100) filing a small claims court case, wasting time going to mediation, the courthouse twice, (not to mention the headaches of filing all those docs) then filing a complaint with the contractor's board for non payment after we received judgment... we actually had to get a Writ of execution to have the Constable enforce the judgment and physically go down there to collect payment! (All available on Clark County public records) So if you don't mind having to go through all that, don't mind having your calls ignored and having half arsed workmanship... By all means, chose them!

Description of Work
Two fireplace installations and two garage doors.

Category garage doors, fireplaces

06/04/2015

Bonnie S.

Our home is 26 years old. Our fireplace had no doors on it... just a wire mesh hanging curtain sort of thing. We have small children who come to visit. We needed glass doors on the fireplace for safety and to keep the little rocks inside the fireplace. We contacted Custom Specialties Group and went to the office/showroom. They were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. After looking at the options, we ordered the doors. They are black framed, four fold, tinted glass doors made especially for our specific fireplace. The company which made our fireplace had gone out of business years ago, but C.S.G. was able to find the one company in the country which still makes fireplace doors compatible with our unit. They facilitated the ordering, along with installation hardware, called us the day the doors arrived, and came the next day to install them. The doors are beautiful, just exactly what we were expecting. The installers were precise in their centering of the doors and making sure they were perfect! They used a large drop-cloth to keep anything from getting on the floor. They had their own vacuum cleaner with which they carefully cleaned up when they were finished. I highly recommend this company!!!

Description of Work
Found, ordered, and installed tinted glass doors on our fireplace.

08/28/2014

Lynda N.

I had called and talk to someone over the phone and I was told to email some pictures of my fireplace. After that they never responded back to my emails. I had called and left a message a couple times and they did not return the call.

Description of Work
I had contacted them about a problem I was having on my existing fireplace.

02/17/2014

Jim R.

After about a week or so without a response, I looked up garage door repair on Angie's List and those guys responded within eight business hours. Appointment is set for tomorrow. This is a very telling action by this company that they do not value their customers. I would not recommend or try to use this company again.

Description of Work
This company installed my garage door when my house was built new in 2011. I have had minor issues over the last couple of years but nothing I needed help for. Segway to last week when my garage door no longer closes. After fighting with it for a bit, I called the number from the card they left and was forwarded to a voicemail. I left a message during business hours. Two days later, I called again and spoke with the receptionist and after explaining the situation forwarded me to the same answering machine I got the first time.

Category garage doors, fireplaces

02/03/2014

Gilbert S.

11/15/2013

John M.

I called the office and was promised a call back to discuss the project. No one called....

Description of Work
I used CUSTOM HEARTH AND DOOR.

09/24/2013

robert J.

It took many trips to get them to install the fireplace "correctly". The firepit has never worked properly. I had another company come by and fix their mistakes. They installed indoor components for an outdoor firepit which couldn't handle the Vegas weather.

Description of Work
Installed outdoor Fireplace

04/08/2013

Shari V.

see above, we did not have work done.

Description of Work
We contacted this company for possible upgrade to our fireplace, which is actually a "decorative gas appliance". Tto upgrade to an actual fireplace would be prohibitively expensive, in our opinion. Extensive renovation work was required, not the simple upgrade were we hopeful of making.

12/01/2012

Valentine B.

Good - service was performed as agreed to.

Description of Work
Custom Hearth inspected the fireplace and added rocks.

08/28/2012

CARL N.

Joel came out as promised, installed and vented out the fireplace in less than a day. Unfortunately my wife was not there at the time. When she saw where the fireplace was positioned, she was upset. She had told myself and Joel that she wanted it up off the floor, (more centered in the wall), and we thought that meant approximately 1 foot. Not so. She wanted it higher, more a focal point for the room. Joel had to come back to install a lever, and I asked him if he would raise the fireplace another six inches. He wasn't real happy to go through all that work again but said he would and only charged an additional $250.00. My wife was very pleased with the positioning. Joel Walker was prompt, and really went out of his way to accommodate us. The fireplace is a beautiful product.

Description of Work
My wife and I recently purchased a house that did not have a fireplace. We wanted one installed and began to get quotes. First of all, there are few companies we found that actually sold and installed the fireplace unit. The big company known around here came out and the owner gave us an estimate of $5,000, then ten minutes later his associate jacked up the price to $7,500-8,000. We got rid of them. The only other company we found was Custom Hearth. Joel Walker came out to give us an estimate for a 42" simple black fireplace which he would install. (They only installed the fireplace, we needed a plumber to come out and do the gasline hookup). He was very reasonable compared to other quotes. We agreed and set up a date for him to come out and install the fireplace.

03/11/2011

JO ANN G.

The company that made the part was out of business but they referred me to a distributor who might have the part. I had to do all the leg work, calling the other company, finding the part and the ordering. Then Custom Hearth came out and did the work. The did replace the part and it seemed to work fine during the winter of 2009. When I turned the fireplace on in late 2010, one of the flames shot up very high and it seemed that there was some sort of draft that was causing the problem. I called the company to come out and check to see if it had anyting to do with the gasket replacement or if it was some other cause. They sent someone out who had no idea what the company had done previously. He just looked at the flame and said it must be a draft and he would have to ask his boss about what could be done to remedy the situation. That was the last time I ever heard from them. Not one follow up call. I had to have someone else come out.

Description of Work
In 2009 this company came out to replace a part (gasket) in my gas fireplace. I spent around $200.00 I contacted them again in 2010 when I had further problems with the fireplace.

Category electrician, fireplaces

10/18/2008

LOUISE U.

At first they came out when they said they would, reviewed everything, gave an estimate, and explained all the options to us. We had a problem with them though. They said they were going to come out the following Tuesday morning to replace the door between 8 and 12. When they didn't show, my wife called to see if they were still coming, but they didn't have the door. They rescheduled for 2 days later. They did show up on time, did an excellent job of replacing the door, and were very clean and neat.

Description of Work
They came to my home, took off the old garage door and replaced it.

10/10/2006

DORIS D.

The technician was on time, knowledgeable and thorough. He not only fixed the fireplace that wasn't working but checked the other fireplaces in the house. I have paid less for a service call on this fireplace but I also received less. Custom Hearth said their work is guaranteed for a year.

Description of Work
Fireplace restored to working order, electrical connections adjusted, replaced wall switch that had been damaged by a repairman from another company who had failed to fix the fireplace.

Category electrician, fireplaces

All Access Garage Door Co LLC

All Access Garage Door Co. LLC is family owned by lifelong Las Vegas residents. We are trusted by the members of our community, and this is shown by the fact that most of our revenue is from word of mouth referrals and repeat customers. While some of our competition will try to get in the door with lowball pricing and then upsell or even pitch unnecessary work, All Access Garage Door Co. LLC offers only honest, up-front pricing. We never up-sell or recommend repairs and products that our customers don’t need. With over twenty-five years of experience installing and repairing garage doors and openers, our technicians provide fast, efficient service to get your work done quickly and minimize the interruption to your busy schedule. All Access Garage Door Co. LLC always provides the highest quality service so that you don’t need to worry about your family’s safety or theft of your valuables because of a broken or stuck garage door! The State of Nevada has tight regulations for contractor licensing, and garage doors are no exception. All Access Garage Door Co. LLC has a Nevada C-3D Overhead Doors contractor’s license required to install and repair garage doors — something most handymen do not have! We are also bonded and insured.

Martin Garage Doors of Nevada

We specialize in cost effective repair of existing doors and offer the largest selection of new garage doors in the State of Nevada. We guarantee your satisfaction with 1000's of satisfied customers. Contractor License #77056. Since 2002 we've been providing fast repair service for all brands of doors. We also have a huge selection of high-quality new doors for every budget. Visit our parts department and showroom. We guarantee your satisfaction with our work, and use only factory authorized parts to work on your door - no factory seconds or used parts. We take cash, checks, or cards and we also offer easy financing. We are a group of certified technicians and we strive to raise the bar in what we do. We're all family guys and gals who enjoy being and dealing with good people who value quality workmanship. Your time is valuable so we do our best to show up on time. We treat you in the same professional way we like to be treated when dealing with successful winning businesses. Fully accredited and certified by the Institute for Door Education & Accreditation. Nevada contractors license #77056 and 77057. Specialties -Same day repairs -Insulate your existing garage door -New garage doors -Ultra-quiet openers. -Broken spring repairs with lifetime warranty -FREE design assistance to match your home -Smart phone apps - phone becomes a remote. -Wind damage repairs. -Garage door remotes and batteries

Offers by Martin Garage Doors of Nevada on Angi
    Empire Garage Door

Welcome to Empire Garage Door. We are licensed, bonded and insured providing repairs and installations for a wide selection of garage doors and garage door openers for residential homes. Experience and a broad scope of capabilities. Empire Garage Door of Las Vegas truly are the Garage Door Professionals. We know how important it is for you when researching for your garage door company. We look forward to providing you with the very best in customer service, honesty and quality work.

Offers by Empire Garage Door on Angi

GARAGE DOORS, GARAGE DOOR ACCESSORIES, FIRE PLACES, GAS LOGS, BARBECUES.

Chimney sweep