ATOMIC SOLAR SCREENS INC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since December 2006

3425 W LAKE MEAD BLVD STE #100

North Las Vegas, NV 89032

Family owned since 1996. We ask for no money till the job is done. A+BBB member. We manufacture and install are product no outsourcing.Deal directly with Tom the owner....

06/07/2017

Karen R.

The owner came out and talked about my needs and went over choices. We missed that I needed a dog guard on the patio door, but the screens fit perfectly everywhere they were installed, they look fantastic and the heat difference is simply amazing. I chose black and I'm so glad that I did.

Description of Work
Three windows and a sliding patio door needed solar screens to block the sun.

Category screen repair,solar panels

11/05/2016

R P.

What you will immediately notice is that there are many, many companies that sell and install solar screens in Las Vegas area. I limited my evaluation only to companies that had mostly 5 star ratings and a good BBB report. We chose Atomic solar screens and are very happy with our screens and their service. I highly recommend Tom and his staff to you. Tom is a native to Las Vegas and has been in business for many years. We wanted to do something a little different with our screens and we designed our own mullion pattern to mimic Anderson Window’s prairie style. We have never seen this before in Las Vegas and it turned out perfect (see photos) I remember years back Carl’s Jr. introduced their 6 dollar burger, if you ordered a #1 or #2 off the menu board you would get your meal in a flash, hot and perfect. If you ordered anything out of the ordinary, like no pickles or extra BBQ sauce, 1) you would wait forever and 2) when you did get your order it would be cold and 3) about 80% it would be wrong in some fashion :-(. The thing(s) I liked about Tom and Atomic solar is 1) he actually listened to what I wanted 2) he didn’t try to steer me back to their garden variety solar screens, 3) they built my custom order faultlessly 4) and he quoted us a great price for our project 5) very quick and friendly service (his entire staff)

Description of Work
build and installed solar screens for our entire house (22 windows and doors)

Category screen repair,solar panels

11/03/2016

Brian V.

Tom came out and measured and gave me a quote. I was pleased with the estimate and agreed to have the work done. The installer had a slight issue with the new windows and had to have the screens modified slightly which caused a few day delay. I appreciate the fact that he did everything to make sure they were proper and the delay was no big deal to me. Nice that someone takes pride and gets it right versus slapping them up anyway and hoping for the best. I would use Atomic again if I ever need solar screens made and installed.

Description of Work
I had 5 solar screens made and placed due to changing to new windows that the old screens would no longer fit.

09/14/2016

Travis P.

When we called around for estimates we found that Atomic Solar screens were the kindest and answered any questions we had. Their work was great and done in a timely manner. I would highly recommend them for anyone needing Solar Screens.

Description of Work
Solar Screens

Category solar panels

05/18/2016

Audrey M.

Tom was very professional; he provided documentation of all his business licensing as well as workmen's comp. insurance for employees. He explained the choices and differences of the sun screen fabric as well as colors for the screen frames. They were prompt with my order. The installers were courteous and professional and asked if we wanted to keep our old screens. My hubby said no and they hauled them off at no charge. We selected the black Suntex 90 screen fabric and all I can say is Wow! What a difference! The rooms are noticeably cooler! Also, we have good visibility looking out the window. The screens are sturdy and well made. Great job, Tom and the staff at Atomic Solar Screens.

Description of Work
Solar screen installation

05/06/2016

Audrey M.

Very well; the installation went very well and was very well done. The crew was professional and asked if we wanted to keep our old sunscreens. My husband said no we didn't want them so the crew hauled them off at no extra charge. We chose the Suntex 90 and what a difference it makes! We are so happy with this purchase.

Description of Work
Installed solar screens on several windows

07/08/2015

nathaniel C.

This is my second business dealing with Atomic Solar Screens, Inc. I can say that I am very pleased with the products and installation of several solar screens for the east facing windows of my house and a new/replacement sliding patio door screen. A couple of years ago, I had Atomic do solar screens on the west facing windows and was happy with not only the energy savings but glare relief and look forward to the same with the new screens.

Description of Work
Solar screens.

05/21/2015

Bruce L.

The company owner (Tom) met with me at my residence and provided me with a very fair estimate for new screens. From there the screens were manufactured in a timely manner and the installation was scheduled. The quality of the screens was excellent and I was very pleased with the installer who did an excellent job with the installation. I would not hesitate to recommend Atomic as they are a top notch company!

Description of Work
Manufactured and installed 23 new solar screens.

Category window tinting,solar panels

08/22/2014

Sherry S.

I met with Tom Learning on July 29 to get an estimate on doing the windows on three sides of my house, plus the slider, that get the most sun. He showed me his business license and his proof of insurance for his team. He provided a quote to me that day for both the 80 and 90% fabrics. I informed him I wanted to get two other quotes and he was fine with that. Atomic Solar was the lowest of the three quotes so I called Tom and he came back over. I asked him what the cost was to do the whole house in the 90% fabric was and he quoted a price not far above the other two companies quotes for just three sides. I signed a contract that day. Tom asked for no money up front; it was all on good faith. He told me was two weeks out on installations and I was fine with that. Tom showed up on August 19, two days before the end of the two-week period to double check the measurement of an arched window above the front door. He said the office would call me to schedule a time to install the screens within the next couple of days. The call came the next day and installation was scheduled for the following day. The crew of three showed up around 1230 and got straight to work. I did have to call Tom and request he call the job foreman because one of the younger guys was trampling all over the flowers without a care. After that call, there were no problems. They finished up around 4:30 and did some minor adjustments I requested. The screens look great and I'm looking forward to the savings on my electric bill.

Description of Work
Installed 27 window screens and sliding door screens on my two story home

Category replacement windows,window tinting,window treatments,doors

06/30/2014

Tim T.

I love my new ATOMIC Solar Screens. Not only do they reduce the heat in the house - THEY LOOK GREAT! Thanks again for your GREAT SERVICE. I'll be referring you to all my friends.

Description of Work
Installed Solar Panels on the windows of my home.

Category replacement windows,solar panels

03/21/2014

Brian G.

Tom (owner) is amazing to deal with. He is polite, professional, and does fantastic work!!!

Description of Work
Install Solar screens on entire home.

Category screen repair,window tinting,solar panels

03/18/2014

Sharon R.

it went very well. On time and completed the screen/installed.

Description of Work
installed new solar screens I was please with results and the transparent implementation. it was very easy and I would hire them again.. absolutely

03/17/2014

wendy K.

went well. excellent screens. helps reduce light and increases privacy.

Description of Work
made and installed screens

11/19/2013

Gary C.

went fine, done when I was out of town, when I came back noticed that some were not done as discussed, came back the next day and corrected all immediately. Great job

Description of Work
Installed golf course protection solar screens on backside of house

Category window tinting,solar panels

10/23/2013

Jim H.

I had estimates from three different company's. While all seemed capable, Tom, the owner was able to answere ALL my questions, had samples of all materials, pictures to assist in final selection, etc. from measurement to manufacture to installation took less than a week. Now the house looks "finished" and iT is so much cooler feeling and all glare from the morning sun is gone. Thanks for a job well done.

Description of Work
Made and installed solar screens to entire house. (tinting is a misnomer, but is used on Angie's list)

08/08/2013

joshua S.

Built two screen per example I provided. Screens were made while I waited which took less than 10 minutes. Excellent experience and I would come back to have work done again.

Description of Work
Built 2 solar screens to match the existing screen on my house.

08/04/2013

Roberta K.

Called several contractors. Tom Leeming of Atomic Solar Screens responded timely and came to our condo, looked at all the windows, and gave us a quote that included the 10% discount. The screens were ready and installed as agreed upon. We were impressed with the quality of the screens and the professional installation by Augustine. Tracy, who handles the office administration, also provided us with excellent and courteous service.

Description of Work
Installed 9 solar screens

07/26/2013

Gregg O.

The did exactly what we wanted. It looks good and save an avg. of $60 per month on cooling costs due to the screens. They have lasted well also.

Description of Work
Installed Solar screens

07/20/2013

Fredericka G.

OWNER-SECRETARY-INSTALLER-PRICE, ALL TOP DRAWER. THANKS!

Description of Work
MADE SOLAR SCREENS FOR THE FRONT OF OUR HOUSE. MADE ME 3 SLIDERS, 1 OCTAGONAL & 1BAY WINDOW.

06/30/2013

Susan C.

Tom arrived on time and went to work measuring the windows first, then came inside with samples, pictures and information on the solar screens. He knew a lot about them and answered our questions about efficiency and maintaining them. We chose the colors for screens and frames, he give us a quote and estimated about a 2 week turnaround on the getting the screens installed. We were very pleased and surprised when Tracy called about a week later and asked if they could install that day. The installer came that afternoon and after installation, he answered our questions about the mounting hardware and ease of removal. We paid in full after the install and by the next afternoon we were glad we had the screens installed. We could tell that the rooms were much cooler than before. Atomic Solar Screens was very professional and we're glad we hired them. Our job was small, but they made us feel like our business was important. It's going to be a hot summer and we're glad we had this work done! Thanks Atomic!

Description of Work
Installed 3 solar screens on our southwest facing windows.

06/17/2013

ARTHUR S.

Installed was very professional. It took great pains to details and finished the job promptly with no hassles.

Description of Work
Installed solar screens on east side of two story home.

05/01/2013

Larry M.

second time using them for solar screens smaller job but no problem came out to measure and price installed a week later was flexible with price good product nice people

Description of Work
Installed and provided new solar screens for condo

09/21/2012

Scott S.

I chose this company because of the A rating and good reviews. Set up appointment over the phone for the next day. Made sure I was home 1/2 hour before, waited 1 1/2 hours, no show, no call. Highly disappointed, not the way to do business in my opinion.

Description of Work
Nothing

07/03/2012

Jonathan H.

Found Atomic in Yellow Pages, and checked out their BBB rating (this was before Angie's List had really exploded in popularity). Called Tom to have him come over and give me an estimate. Since I couldn't meet him for a while, we arranged for him to come over and measure the windows first, and then meet with me later. He was very professional, explained all the options and the benefits/drawbacks of each. He even gave me the option of fixing and reusing the old frames, but I opted to have new frames constructed. His materials were much better than the ones used in my old solar screens so it was a good decision. Cost came out to around $100 per window on average, with a mix of large, medium, and small windows (including one big arched window in the master bedroom). Installation went smoothly and I was very happy with the work. The screens have stayed on even during winds that have knocked down a Mesquite tree in the front yard. The beige frames and brown screens contrast nicely, and are much more attractive than most of my neighbor's older, sagging solar screens. It's now five years later and they look like they were just installed. I would recommend Atomic to anyone who needs solar screens.

Description of Work
Removed all old solar screens, fabricated and installed ten new solar screens.

06/21/2012

Ted P.

Maybe the best experience I have had with any contractor in recent years. No pressure on sales of unneeded screens, recommended only screens which were actually needed. Provided an estimate and measured once we agreed on the price. Amazingly they did not require a downpayment (they trusted us and I trusted them) amazing in this day and age. Completed the screens as originally promised in less than 2 weeks. Quality of screens for the framework was excellent, much better than anticipated. The screen material is a new style material with a 10 yr guarantee. All was installed well, one problem occurred with a rear screen door, the sliding section was made too long due to the measurers error by 1/2 inch. They stiil did not require me to pay until completion of the job. I could not be happier with the service.

Description of Work
Solar screens estimated, not pushing any unnecessary windows (for ex north facing), measured, installed, along with window cleaning