Sun Country Heating and Cooling

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2007

6394 MONTESSOURI STREET Suite A

Las Vegas, NV 89113

Award wining. Additional fax - (702) 873-6627....

04/29/2021

Craig P.

We were looking to replace both of our 18-year-old original-construction lower-end Air and Furnace systems. From the onset, the proposal from Sun Country H&C was clear, honest, thorough and well-documented. Mike was very familiar with his Trane product and the industry, in general. He had honest and credible answers for all of our questions. His proposal was followed-up with emailed fully-itemized documentation of his proposal. Further, his proposal included the benefits of seemingly all available company and government-offered energy rebates. Also, we found the labor Warranty to be generous. The subsequent installation process was accomplished in one day with a large crew. All of the installers were friendly and respectful of our flooring, with drop cloths. It is definitely possible to find less expensive proposals for Air and furnace replacements from among the multitude of HVAC contractors in the Vegas area. However, we are very happy with our new (higher-end) Trane system and the installation by Sun Country Heating and Cooling.

Description of Work
Replace Two Original-Construction Central Air and Furnace Systems in a single family residential home

02/18/2021

PAUL K.

Stephen Nogera was the technician who found out the problem through careful inspection, he replaced the unit in a timely manner, his knowledge in the diagnosis of the problem is outstanding, he demonstrates high degree of professionalism & courtesy. In fact, we have been using Sun Country for many years with great satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replacing bad induction motor which caused loud noise & vibration

10/27/2020

gregory C.

It went really good. The team came out did all the checks said my unit Only needed to seal a leak on the outside of the air return. They spent some friendly how are you time. I will Have their service again for the summer next year guaranteed

Description of Work
I had the normal winter check

08/17/2020

Les G.

I called Sun Country as a 2nd opinion due to the inability of the previous vendor to resolve the issue. Stephen fit in the appointment and was at my house within 2 hours. He checked the attic unit and reviewed the air flow in the house. He discovered that the recently replaced (4 weeks) filters were already clogged, replaced them for me, cleaned the hand prints on the attic panel left by the previous vendor, and vacuumed the insulation (also left by the previous vendor). He didn't charge me for the visit as a 2nd opinion. I really appreciated his willingness to go the extra mile for us.

Description of Work
Diagnose and fix a/c cooling issues

07/24/2020

Barbara R.

They came the next day and fixed the problem. Repaired the fan instead of replacing it which we appreciated

Description of Work
A/C not working properly but was still cooling.

07/13/2020

Mary Lou M.

On the hottest day of the year my air conditioning stopped working - Sun Country came and repaired it within 2 hours

Description of Work
emergency repair

05/22/2020

Sarah W.

Technician showed up on time. Performed all checks and emailed the photos of all the test instrument results. Everything checked out fine. Reviewed results with my son. Will definitely use again. ++++++++A plus rating. Service fee was reasonable.

Description of Work
Annual Service check on condo A/C

05/04/2020

ron D.

mike looked at my system and told me the low amp fuse was bad causing the system not to turn on. within a few min mike found the problem and repaired it. I am very happy with the service and the price.

Description of Work
my a/c unit would not turn on

05/01/2020

Ralph H.

the tech showed up checked out both system and reported one system has a small leak. Did a very good quick job. trying to decide if i am going to try to find leak or replace as it is very old system. they sent out their salesman the next day to give me more information to make an informed decision. I appreciate the help.

Description of Work
check on HVAC system was not working properly

04/24/2020

Kim M.

Excellent, as it always does with Sun Country. The technicians arrived on time and notified us as they were on their way, let me ask questions and explained things, and were very thorough. They needed to replace a capacitor and didn't have one on their truck, but came back the next morning and installed it. Professional, friendly, courteous, and good price. They also sent an invoice that includes a review of their examination of the two compressors and particular elements that included not only "passed" or "in need of replacement" but also provided pictures of the parts and their gauge readings. We've used Sun Country for several years, and we'll certainly continue to use them.

Description of Work
AC Spring Tune-Up

03/11/2020

CAROLYN M.

Great-on time, professional, fair price

Description of Work
Inspection

02/29/2020

Ronald S.

We had an air conditioning system installed 10 years ago by another company, and it had developed a Freon leak. Since the factory warranty purchased from the other company was about to expire, we asked that they come out and fix the unit. They essentially refused to do so, so we contacted Trane and explained the situation. They recommend Sun City, and we had them come out. They diagnosed the problem as the other company not using Trane parts in the installation, and suggested we install a real Trane evaporator coil. We decided to replace the whole unit, and Sun City quoted us a significantly reduced price to do the job. The work was completed promptly and professionally and I would recommend this company as honest and conscientious.

Description of Work
Repair a Freon leak in 10 year old A/C unit

12/19/2019

Suk L.

Mr Raybun show up within an hour after I called. He was very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Change the control broad

10/25/2019

Steven W.

I've used Sun Country for several years now and have always been satisfied.. Their work and service level is excellent. The technicians are experienced and professional. I highly recommend Sun Country for all HVAC work.

Description of Work
Annual furnace maintenance.

07/15/2019

Kathie H.

Ray Rayburn from Sun Country Heating & Cooling did an amazing job in short notice. He replaced a fuse for the AC Unit in less than 5 min and got it to work perfectly. I can’t thank him enough for coming in short notice and helping us solve this issue. Thanks again Ray for an amazing job. I highly recommend him and will definitely call him again if our AC Unit ever stops working again.

Description of Work
Ac Unit wasn’t working and not producing cool air

07/02/2019

Mary Lou M.

Sun Country has been performing my maintenance for 4 years and it is a great company; in addition when I have had a part go out on my air conditioning unit they repair it anytime of day or night. Recently I had some questions regarding my a/c unit, not installed by Sun County but it came with my house, and the owner Ray took time to come by and respond to my concerns. Cheryl in the office is great and very understanding - the service people I have dealt with Cameron, Jose and Steve are equally good. Definitely call them for your air conditioning needs.

Description of Work
Preventative maintenance

03/08/2019

Leticia G.

It was a pleasure dealing with a company who puts customer service first. I have a rental in Las Vegas and was contacted by my property manager who advised that the air conditioning unit at the rental broke down. I researched Angies list and found that Sun Country Heating and Cooling had very good reviews. My property manager called and a tech was sent out the same day. I recieved an estimate and called the next day and authorized the work. To my surprise I recieved a text early afternnon and was advised that a tech was enroute. The unit was replaced that afternoon. I would be remiss if I did not mention the person whom I spoke to when I called. Alexis was proffessional and very helpful in her interaction with me.

Description of Work
Replaced Air conditioning Condenser

09/19/2018

alvin A.

We are SO HAPPY that we contracted with Sun Country HVAC to install our completely new Trane HVAC system. Their sales consultant, Mike X. was very helpful and their install technicians were like a surgical team-highly organized, professional and cleaned before leaving. We replaced our 21year old Carrier home builder installed system because it could not maintain a comfortable temperature in the summer heat any longer, the condenser and furnace blower made noise and the compressor was ready to fail. After getting quotes from several competitors it was crystal clear who I was going to choose, the company who answered their phone calls, came out to visit the site and actually enter the attic to review the system, and suggested ideas to make it work even better than before. We had a poorly designed plenum box that had so many connections it was impossible to provide proper air flow. Sun Country designed and installed a new plenum box, redirected some flex ducts and made the air flow 10x better than before. We even selected the Trane CleanEffects electronic air cleaner and my house smells fresh every day with no lingering food odors or musty/dusty smell. I can honestly say they were the best price for the quality of equipment, labor and customer service I received. Great job team Sun Country!

Description of Work
Full HVAC system replacement (Condenser/Furnace/Case Coil/Plenum Box/Electronic Air Cleaner)

08/29/2018

B C.

TLDR Version: Sun Country HVAC does quality work and is the best value out there. They were up-front and honest throughout, and cared deeply about doing a good job and providing great customer service. The quality of their work was confirmed by the city inspector who described what he saw as “the best AC installation he had seen”. Long Version: I got about 12 quotes on replacing my four (4) aging 10-SEER AC units (2 x 3.5 tons, 1 x 2.5 tons, and 1 x 2 tons). I saw a whole range of prices from from those who would do the least amount of work for the least amount of money to those who wanted to replace everything in my attic (including refrigerant lines) and charge me an arm and leg for each part. Mike Xavier at Sun Country came across as honest and no-nonsense. He was pitching Trane equipment and not one of the estimators I had come by had anything bad to say about Trane. Some said their equipment was “as good as Trane”, some knocked other brands, and the Trane dealers said they sold Trane because it was the best. Sun Country is the second largest Trane dealer in Las Vegas. I got a quote form the largest dealer as well — which was actually slightly less money. I asked Sun Country to match the lower quote, but they told me that they simply could not and reluctantly said it was because they knew the other contractor and the inferior type of installation they would do. They pointed out how just one aspect of how their installation would differ made up for 80% of the difference in cost, but assured me that there was more than that in the difference in quality and that I would get what I paid for. I know very little about HVAC installation — only that if you are replacing a split system, that replacing only the condenser (compressor?) without replacing the furnace and coil will mean lower efficiency and higher likelihood of failure. Also, know that R-22 refrigerant will be unavailable after 2020 and that R-410A is the most popular upgrade option currently available. However, I had a good gut feeling about Mike. Mike sold me on Sun Country’s quality. I felt he was a straight shooter and contracted with Sun Country to install my new 14-seer XR14 condensers (compressors?) each paired with a new XT80 Furnace — which when working together would yield a 16-SEER efficiency rating. Sun Country scheduled my install date, but I already had one unit inoperable because the fan was out. Sun Country felt that they were selling me cooling, not parts and said they would fix my broken unit for free so it would run in the interim while I waited a week for the installation of the new units. They replaced a broken bottom-shelf noisy analog fan that used ball bearings with a brand new silent programmable digital fan with magnetic suspension for FREE. For Sun Country, this was a part they just lost money on and would literally rip out within a week to install new units. That is customer service. On installation day, Ray, the owner and co-founder of Sun Country, was at my home all day working on installing the outdoor units while a crew of like 4 people assisted in the attic and another 3 floated between. Despite being the owner, Ray cares about the quality of the work and likes to “get his hands dirty”. It was also nice knowing the big boss was there overseeing the crew. Since I had my AC units replaced I am saving about $6 to $10 per day on my power bill. What’s more, when the City of Las Vegas inspector came out to inspect Sun Country’s work he confirmed what Mike told me. He said that this was the “best AC installation he had seen”. He told me that he inspects at least 3 residential jobs per work day. That was the final confirmation that I had made the right choice.

Description of Work
Replace 4 aging AC units

07/11/2018

Benjamin E.

Excellent job done by Steve. The front office did a great job too!!

Description of Work
Blower motor replaced plus control board.

07/05/2018

Gary G.

Excellent!! This was the second time that I had called on Sun Country for service. Sun Country is an honest company, a rarity!! They provide excellent service and do not try to sell you on products or services that you do not need. I highly recommend Sun Country.

Description of Work
A/C maintenance/tuneup

07/02/2018

Aimee P.

Stephen was fantastic. Friendly, polite, professional, he explained everything he was doing and answered all of my questions with ease. After checking on my FAU in my attic and confirming that the unit was ok minus a loose panel that he secured, he quickly went to work checking on both AC units outside. He explained what I can check on in the future to help me out as He did his systems check, replaced the capacitor for one of the two units, and advised that everything else looks good. Straightforward, honest, and he put me at ease. To the dispatch staff that called me to check on my initial request, along with advising me that my technician was on the way - Thank you for your promptness! I will definitely call in the fall for my heating tune-up and highly recommend Sun Country to anyone looking for AC and Heating services in Southern Nevada!

Description of Work
I needed my upper AC unit checked on because the power went out over the weekend. Also needed both units tuned up for the summer season

07/01/2018

James H.

After being away for two weeks in June, during which I left the thermostat on hold at 85, I came back to find that the A/C wouldn't cool below 78. I called Sun Country at 8:15 on a Sunday morning, and Ray was here within an hour, and the unit was fixed shortly thereafter. The fee was reasonable, and I got a discount for being a regular customer. Great company, excellent service, highly recommended!

Description of Work
Emergency air conditioner service

06/04/2018

Doug M.

My fourth time using Sun Country over nearly 10 years now, they are always super responsive, and professional whether its my heater, or air conditioner. This time I had one of my two A/C units running about 6 degrees too warm, Stephen came out right on time promptly assessed the problem as a tiny Freon leak over the last 2 yrs so I needed a lot of Freon, he fixed the problem its super cold A/C now ! Great, honest company they take tons of pride in being honest and reliable. AAAA++++ thank you Sun Country (again !) .

Description of Work
A/C diagnostic and repair

05/14/2018

Gary S.

Sensor replaced, fast and inexpensive.

Description of Work
Furnace malfunction

R W MECHANICAL INC

You can put your trust in RW Mechanical Inc. We provide personal service and exceptional quality for commercial, industrial, and residential markets in the Las Vegas Nevada Community. All of our services and products are guaranteed. We have been in business for over 14 years. RW Mechanical Inc. services all major brands in the commercial, industrial, and residential market. Our unparalleled service, competitive prices, and overall value In the Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration industry are why our loyal customers won't go anywhere else. We look forward to serving you!

Alaskan Heating & Air Conditioning

We are a multi year super service award winner! Alaskan Plumbing Heating & Air is a leading installer and servicer of high-efficiency air conditioners, furnaces, comfort controls, indoor air quality systems, and plumbing products for the commercial and residential industry. The company is committed to providing customers with unsurpassed customer service and energy efficient HVAC solutions that improve and maximize comfort within the home and workplace. Alaskan Plumbing Heating & Air is a locally owned company, proudly serving the Las Vegas Valley since 1976. We are avid supporters of charitable foundations that serve the Las Vegas community.

Offers by Alaskan Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi
    Bulldog Air Conditioning and Heating LLC

At Bulldog Air Conditioning and Heating LLC our goal is to provide our clients with reliable heating and cooling systems with the highest quality customer service. Provide good jobs, safe working conditions and benefits for our employees while making a fair profit. Quick Response & Prompt Service! Busy? We understand. That’s why we respond to your call within hours, not days. If you need service at your home or business, we work with you to schedule a service call that’s as quick and convenient as possible. Once your service call is scheduled, we’ll be at your front door on time and ready to work. https://www.bulldogaclv.com/

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available

residential HVAC, sale, installation, repair, maintenance, parts, & service on the gas furnaces, air conditioners, air handlers, heat pumps, standard & ground source, indoor coil systems, central systems, freus cooling systems, duct work, ventilation, thermostats, packaged units, air cleaners & filters.