Service 1st Energy Solutions

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2009

4.4

3863 South Valley View Blvd Ste 2

Las Vegas, NV 89103

Award winning. Additional contact name - Melissa Davis. Additional DBA - Hart Tech LLC. Our fast growing company currently offers comprehensive home energy audits, weatherization, commercial and residential solar and solar hot water, as well as HVAC service and replacement. Ask us about available rebate programs for the services we provide....

12/10/2015

JIM S.

Very well. Arrived on time and the job took approximately half a day. This service was provided four years ago and I have been pleased with the results in comfort level; second level of home does not get as hot and the home temperature feels more even throughout. I have a HVAC service contract and the technicians have commented on the benefits of additional insulation.

Description of Work
Added 5.5 " cellulose insulation. Seal two duct work systems. Installed radiant barrier.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, energy audit

04/10/2015

Jonathan G.

Contacted on several occasions for a solar panel estimate, Never heard back from them. I tried using them years ago to do my home insulation, salesman was pushy, used scare tactics I'm sorry but in this ballgame, Two strikes and your OUT

Description of Work
Solar Panel installation

Category insulation, solar panels, energy audit

10/05/2014

Becci R.

The process takes time. Now currently waiting for NVEnergy to do their part so I can get these panels started up. All personnel with Service first energy solutions have been very nice, on time, and a pleasure to do business with.

Description of Work
installation, connection, and all permits for solar panels.

09/03/2014

Glenn & Dora S.

Our first consultation was in 2011 and we were very happy to work with a Vegas native, family company. Our first bill was only $7.95. We were thrilled. Unfortunately that was the last bill we received under $10, and it skyrocketed as soon as we turned on our air conditioner. Last year it went up 100% from the year before, and apparently only helps as long as you don't turn on air conditioner at all. Been getting the run around from the company. One person says one thing, another says something else, and no one will return a call at all and our recently installed pool solar hasn't worked correctly from day one, and still doesn't. Once you invest that type of money, and it only works 8 mths out of the year, I'd say we made a huge mistake going with a company and technology so new that no one has a clue, and no follow up after the sale. Last email actually said it was our fault for being on time of use program, which Tim Sr. said was the way to go and the previous reason for it not working in the summer months, and even said I need more panels. Our neighbor of identical home, pool, etc,, we even set our thermostat's the same temperature haven't invested a dime in solar and our power bill was $3 more? I'd say I have more than enough reasons to be upset. So if your product isn't working, it's the customers fault, not their's and they don't back up what they sell. From initially being thrilled to devastation and feeling like a fool for being played so badly. Please check your solar companies backgrounds, and get in writing what they say they will deliver and that work is guaranteed after the sale.

Description of Work
Installed 19 solar panels, then returned and replaced our previous solar for the pool.

08/24/2014

Cheryl B.

The installation went ok. However, I am not saving NEARLY as much on my electric bill as I was led to believe. The solar panels are not cost-effective. My savings are barely paying the interest on the home-improvement loan I took out. I cannot recommend solar panels.

Description of Work
Installed insulation and solar panels.

08/20/2014

Jay R.

They came, looked around and gave us some paper work. It was a waste of time. They didn't really do anything. They showed up on time.

07/25/2014

Jacob K.

Everything was good, they quotes and pricing that they had were great and they did awesome work!

Description of Work
I bought a $99.00 Big Deal for a home energy audit and everything went great!

06/02/2014

Mary Jo F.

They cleaned up after themselves. If I had any questions or concerns the company responded immediately. It was a great experience. I saved over $505 last year on the money I sent to NV Energy. I also received a substantial credit on my federal taxes.

Description of Work
They were great. They completed an evaluation of all my energy savings needs. I wanted more insullation in my attic. I also requested a solar attic fan.

01/22/2014

Bill K.

Solar installation seems to have gone well. Company follow up and use instruction, none existent. No way to know if system is functioning properly, if there are no guidelines for reporting Kilowatt hours. It took 90 days to get handbook for Inverters and still no as-built drawings. A pitiful (but not uncommon) way to do business.

Description of Work
I used Service 1st Energy Solutions

10/28/2013

JACK A.

It was a good experience, they explained everything and they gave me all my options. A crew came out to do this work; they also gave me a full report to told me what to improve if I wanted.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from this company back in 2011.

08/01/2013

DAVID P.

That turned out to be an absolute disaster. They did the energy audit to see where there was leakage around the house and the performance level of the heating and cooling system. And I did use their services beyond the initial audit. I think mostly everything went OK as far as the audit goes. One of the workers did something at the front door and the front door never closed the same afterwards. And his coworker kind of jumped all over him saying don't do that, don't touch that. It dealt with putting the pressure fan into the front door. Beyond that I didn't realize that until later on. The house is older, so some parts of the house are a little worn. I did ask at a later time and I was told by the other people there that they are not there to do that. They said I would have to call their bosses and put a special request in for that. I said that to the supervisor who came out for the subsequent event. They were responsive. I did have additional work done afterwards. I believe I paid them $350 to reduce the air leakage in the attic. When I hired a subsequent air conditioning company, they told me that there was a total separation of pieces of the dent work in the attic, and that could only be as a result of the people working for Service 1st creating additional problems and potential work for themselves. They brought people out to try and sell me all kinds of additional services and I ended up just seeing them for who they were. I would strongly suggest that people be wary of using their service.

Description of Work
I have been using a Big Deal for Service 1st Energy Solutions.

06/09/2013

Rosalinda D.

No one showed up or called.

Description of Work
I called at 7:00 A.M. on morning of June 8th I was told would be receiving a call that day to know when they would show up. It is no 8:11 A.M. June 9th never called no one has showed up temp. reached 110 Degrees. Not Happy.

06/03/2013

gina C.

excellent. I recommend Victor Nobu. He was professional, and really helped me with his energy audit recommendations. I can see the savings in my bill.

Description of Work
energy evaluation

05/18/2013

Anthony K.

They came out to my house then I had to go to their showroom a week later to get the estimate. They were definitely the highest of four bids. They have a good product, but it felt a little like I was dealing with a car salesman. I did not accept their bid.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from this company.

03/25/2013

Mary Jo F.

This is an excellent company to work with. The company completed a needs assessment before recommending and installing any equipment. The installers were very neat and cleaned up after themselved. Their solar tax credit estimate was accurate.

Description of Work
Attic insulation installation. Solar attic fan installation. Solar panels installation.

Category insulation, roofing, solar panels, energy audit

01/30/2013

Richard S.

In the beginning the company gave me the information but failed to follow through.

Description of Work
I went to this company because the company vendor had a booth at a Sams Club. I went through the motions for getting solar panels installed on my roof and eventually I was starting to get funded and I needed some info from the company and they basically didn't want my business any more. All I wanted was some technical info and the lady there told me she didn't have time for me. I was shocked that I was about to spend $30,000 and she didn't have time for me.

12/26/2012

Denice S.

The proposal was presented to use by a sales person, I believe his name was Troy Mannie. He was new to them in sales as he stated. He was rude and very pushy. The proposal was a little more than we had anticipated to spend at that time and we wanted to think about it. He got upset and told us we needed to make a decision then and that he didn't want to spend his time and gas money on making a return visit. We felt that this was unprofessional. We decided not to make any repairs at that time. That is why our rating is a D on Professionalism.

Description of Work
The techs came out and did a whole house energy analysis. They were very thorough and informative. The process took about an hour. The written proposal and audit were very well put together in their report they gave to us. The technicians were great.

11/10/2012

Lisa S.

The meeting was positive, and their presentation was helpful. The cost of the system depended on getting local and national government incentives. Even with the incentives, the cost of the PV and solar water heater system were more than we could afford at the time.

Description of Work
I had them come to give us an estimate for PV solar panels, and a solar water heater. Even with incentives, it was going to require us to take out a substantial loan to cover the cost. We will probably be contacting them at a future time to revisit our needs.

10/01/2012

Coby L.

I'm writing this review from memory, so I may have missed some detail. I'll start with the positive. They were very professional and had a nice professional presentation. They seemed honest and I didn't feel like they were going to try and gouge me or "nickel & dime" me. They did the energy test, but it wasn't accurate because we were putting a window in the bathroom, so half the wall was torn out on the inside with a large 18" x 36" hole and plastic covering it. They said that my airducts were fine, and that while my insulation was "within code" adding more would improve efficiency and so forth. We had them install additional insulation, and they helped arrange somebody to do the NV Energy program for refurbishing the AC compressor units. They did that as well and we were/are still eligible for up to $1000 rebate per unit (if we get the right level of SEER). They were fast efficient and did what they said they would do based off of there assessment. The negative was more about what they didn't "see" and/or do. As a company performing "Energy Audits", I expected a full energy audit. Well, what they failed to point out was that my aluminum windows were highly inefficient, that the insulation around my garage and front doors had large gaps (can feel the air coming through the front in the winter), nor did they check the gas fireplace for leaks and such of air (which it does slightly - can feel the cold air during winter too). So in essence, they are not so much as an "Energy Efficiency" company as another HVAC/Insulation installation company using the "Green movement" and energy efficiency drive to do their "audits" in order to sell insulation and possibly repair HVAC systems. They will do the whole house energy check with they fancy machine and equipment, but they rely too heavily on the "readings" and miss the obvious stuff (which I noticed later one after it was pointed out to me) from a good old fashioned "eye-ball test". So, the lower rating is for the fact that despite being generally honest about the work, not over-charging and trying to push the up-sell, they over-sold what they actually do and giving an incomplete energy audit.

Description of Work
Energy consumption/efficiency test: 'whole house' test, check insulation, AC/Heating, AC duct leaks, etc.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, energy audit

09/05/2012

Rebecca E.

Don't expect them when they say they will come? And don't expect them to call if they say they will..... Do expect apologizes for mostly everything.

Description of Work
Our house needed new insulation but we needed to find out how much, and what the company would charge? My wife stayed in the (Hot 90*) house on a Saturday waiting all day for them to show up? Nobody came. I called Monday only to find out that the truck had broken done. I told them how we are suppose to know this ??? Nobody called us to tell us what had happened. I was told that someone would be there on Tuesday no matter what.! They arrived and did offer us a ten percent discount (No real favor there) though and told us how much it would cost. (About 1700) The guy knew how hot it was in our house and tried to get us approved, as my wife was getting a check on the 25th of Aug. But he said we would have to wait till then. He then promised us that the company would definitely call us for sure on the 25th. No call no show again! We had to stay at a friends till it got fixed by us and some friends from our Church. I've been doing customer service for 14 years, and this ranks as the lowest! Save time and get your friends to help you'll save a lot of money, as we could not depend on them!

Category insulation

08/27/2012

James L.

Service was very professional and on time.

Description of Work
cleaned and inspected outside HVAC heat pump unit, added refrigerant. Inspected inside air handler.

08/13/2012

Karen A.

The gentleman said that the system was installed incorrectly, that the coils were installed backwards. He said that they would need to cut them open to fix it and it would cost $1200. I checked with another company before I made any decisions. The other company came out today and he said he found no problems with the installation of the unit, but he did recommend a second drain pan for around $100. He said it was certainly not a $1200 repair. I believe this company was just looking for money and trying to strum up business. I am very upset about their practices and want others to know.

Description of Work
They offered to come out and provide a free maintenance check on my cooling system.

07/27/2012

Thomas M.

The actual audit appeared to go well until the wallcovering damage and the other discrepancies were discovered. The first follow-up meeting went well overall - except Lisa seemed to be following a script and we could not get her to address these issues. But, this is an historic home, and they damaged historic, irreplacable wall covering - and have subsequently done nothing to repair or correct the situation. That said, we had to work with our home warranty company on a couple of repairs following their audit (but before their follow-up meeting), and in the process discovered numerous discrepancies and issues with what Service 1st was telling/showing/selling us - and which they should have known/addressed:First, the survey was VERY badly done. Impossible for it to have been accurately or even correctly done due to the following: a. Did not check vents to verify which of 4 HVAC systems they are connected to - one was almost completely disconnected laying loose in the attic. b. They did not correctly identify which vents went to which systems. c. They did not take the information off the units and verify tonnages - so the tonnages given in their report were discovered to be significantly incorrect. d. They did not verify ducts were actually connected to vents (several aren't/weren't). e. They did not verify condition of ducts to make sure the energy survey method would even work, let alone be accurate - several ducts need/ed to be replaced. They never quoted or mentioned this, which means they didn't even do a thorough inspection on what they were allegedly testing.Then, there is the damage to the historic, expensive, irreplaceable wall covering which has not been corrected. This from taping their materials to wall covering instead of to a non-damagable surface - i. e. the actual vent frame.Also, they were never observed going into the attic spaces to measure and verify what kinds/methods of insulation were appropriate for the structure. They gave quotes/estimates for insulation that simply is impossble to use in any way effectively, given the type of roof and space available. They also quoted for R factors which will be impossible to obtain given the limitations of the construction.They have made no response to multiple inquiries regarding these issues; including requests for them to come back and do the audit properly or simply refund the money.

Description of Work
They were hired, through an Angie's List special, to do an energy audit of the house we had only recently purchased. The former owners had major energy bills and we very much wanted to reduce energy use and find alternatives (such as solar) to then reduce usage additionally. They came in to check out the house's construction, HVAC systems, ductwork, water heaters, windows/doors, insulation, etc. Overall, it was supposed to be a thorough energy audit of the house.

07/10/2012

Beth-Ann B.

As stated above-initial phone call to Service 1st which I chose from Angies List, provided a service man named Rene within an hour or so. Pleasantly surprised by that response alone. Rene had to get up on the roof and did a thorough exam of a rather old ac/system and gave me some good news about solving a problem that was previously deemed unfixable by another company. I really was not in a very comfortable financial position to discuss changing out an entire system, and Rene offered some repair advise that would restore the desperately needed air conditioning. He explained exactly what he intended to do at what cost and no holds barred-the fact that this might stave off the eventual need for a new system. Well, I called Service 1 back a few weeks later and rqstd the service, and Rene, and once again-an almost instant response from their staff and Rene called me back and we scheduled for the next morning. A call from the office personell (crystal), let me know Rene was on his way but delayed a few minutes by another emergency situation. Fantastic attention to customer relations. Rene arrived and got back on the roof-the temperature up there had to be 120 degrees-and within 2 hrs that a/c was pumping in some life saving relief. Coudos to this company and Rene who haven't forgotten how to deliver service with the utmost coutesy and care.

Description of Work
First called for a a/c checkup because of lack of air-conditioning. The response time was nearly immediately. Their service man, Rene,did a thorough exam on a very old a/c system and advised a solution I was able to handle financially.( A previous service company had pronounced my unit unfixable and advised a brand new system which was beyond my reach at this moment.) I called Service 1st back and rqstd Rene's suggested service. He called me back in minutes, and the next morning arrived and within a couple of hours the job was completed. The company is so professional-starting with their phone service-which every company should realize is the front line in customer relations. They called to let me know that Rene was on his way. At each step, I knew who to expect, and when. I have every intention of using them again and referring family and friends in need of their good service.

06/29/2012

Albert W.

They were easy to deal with, on time, and very professional.

Description of Work
We used Service 1st Energy Solutions. They did an inspection for $99 and they installed insulation for $1200.

Category insulation, energy audit