RPJ Industries LLC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since September 2010

Las Vegas, NV 89141

I am the owner/operator of a small licensed handyman service. I am very proud of the fact that I was awarded the SUPER SERVICE AWARD 4 years in a row. I was originally a contractor in the Cleveland Ohio area, so I am personally able to perform all forms of residential handyman services. No Sub Contractors, No Travel or Trip Charges. Charge by Job...

07/23/2017

Merrill L.

Great. On time and professional. Also a few extra quick repairs for no extra charge.

Description of Work
Shed roof replaced.

02/27/2017

glenn M.

The guy did okay, but he also screwed up a bit. He didn't match the paint color, its noticeable but not to bad. All in all he had good intentions. We had good communication. He wanted to go the extra mile but he got a little spacey. He made the access panel on the wrong wall. I would use him again but I would monitor him more. I think hes good, honest and had a good attitude.

Description of Work
He did some drywall replacement after water damage. He also did a access panel for plumbing.

Category drywall, handyman service

10/31/2016

Jaclyn Ann P.

He was on time. He finished quickly, he obviously knew what he was doing. And he cleaned up any mess.

Description of Work
Rick installed some ceiling fans.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

09/28/2016

jade T.

First, Rick was available quite sooner than any other handymen we contacted. That is because I suppose it is his main activity as opposed to a side job. He came on time, early in the morning. My wife requested an installation for 3 cabinets, but ended up buying 4. Nonetheless, Rick did not change the price while it was his right to do so (a great example of a businessman who thinks long term, rather than short-term profits). The job was performed in about 5 hours, and Rick displayed a great deal of patience (I had to go to Home Depot as we did not have all the parts ready) and pedagogy (he gave us many advice on how to fix certain things by ourselves). Eventually, he even went to Home Depot to purchase a missing piece (molding) and came back a couple of hours to install it (did not even asked a refund on his HD receipt). Overall a great experience, and I would definitely recommend him and use his services again. Ps: his quote was quite similar to others.

Description of Work
I purchased 4 unfinished base kitchen cabinets at Home Depot and had Rick install them so it would be ready for the counter top installation.

Category custom cabinets

09/26/2016

Susan J.

Excellent. Rick has been our handyman for almost 2 years amd is our "go-to" guy for all household repairs I can't handle.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 ceiling fans and other small repairs.

07/07/2016

Mary D.

Great! Rick was on time, completed the repairs and at a reasonable cost. Would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
General maintenance items - repair dryer vent, repair faulty switch, door hinges. Other general household repairs.

05/03/2016

Dawn G.

I found Rick through Angie's list and I'm happy to write this review. He was a very punctual contractor that arrived on time and followed through with all of his promises. He had a great team of contractors, and he used his contacts so that we could do a difficult laminate repair. He had to special order a part for a toilet and he came back on his own accord without supervision to repair the toilet. He did a great job on the repairs and he had competitive pricing compared to other contractors. I would recommend Rick to anyone, would definitely use again!!

Description of Work
Rick performed drywall repair, door repairs, painting, found us a wood contractor, plumbing repairs, and other small repairs.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

12/30/2015

Brian L.

Rick was punctual, professional and knowledgeable. He was able to handle virtually everything I asked him to do. This is a handyman who knows what he is doing and is good with customers. I'll use him again.

Description of Work
Variety of work including installation of dog door, hanging pictures, mounting ceiling fans, etc.

12/07/2015

Nancy S.

Tried to use our master shower on a Fri night and found it no longer worked. Called RPJ and left a message as it was after 6:00 . Rick called us back early Sat morning and told us he could repair the problem that afternoon . Said he would contact us between 12:00 and !:30. Rick texted us at 12:30 and told us he was on the way. He got here by 1:00 and clearly had fixed this problem before. He had all the tools and the correct replacement valve. The problem was fixed in short order and he even cleaned up the shower so it was ready to use. Rick was courteous,Prompt, and a complete professional.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken mixing valve in master bathroom shower.

11/01/2015

kenneth R.

As noted above it went extremely well, quickly and at a great price. Three days after I made the choice to have Rick do the repairs, he was here to do them.

Description of Work
I sold my house and had a number of repairs that needed to be done based on the home inspection ordered by the buyer. The repairs included plumbing, drywall repair and painting, replacement of water damaged base boards, lubricating of doors and windows that were not opening properly, elimination of a trip hazard at the house entry and some minor air conditioning and heater issues. I got two other bids and RPJ came in over $300 less than one and $150 less than the other. The owner of RPJ, Rick, was great to work with and if I have any need for handy man services in the future, he would be my first and only choice.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

10/21/2015

Nancy B.

This job is pending since the contractor will be re-evaluating the ceiling work.

Description of Work
Mr. Szumaczyk was recommended by an electrician to drop the ceiling on a kitchen light installation so we could install lighting cans. This involved dry wall, resurfacing and painting the ceiling.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting

10/08/2015

Robert W.

Purchased items at very popular local chain, and the company they recommend for installation seemed very pricey, so we found Rick on Angie's List and WOW ... what a Great Find ... he's fantastic !!! He grew up in a family construction business so he has many years of experience in virtually all "handyman" chores including electrical, plumbing and much more! He arrived on time, was extremely courteous and professional in every respect and the work was completed on time, within the estimate range (actually a bit less than I expected), and we're Very Happy we found him. He'll be the ONE guy I'll always call first for any home maintenance or repair project ... and if it's something he doesn't do (can't imagine what that would be), he'll know who to recommend IF you're a previous customer of his. Rick ... you Rock ... Thanks!

Description of Work
Rick installed a brushless remote control ceiling fan and two chandeliers (one on a 17' ceiling).

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing

10/08/2015

Philip D R.

Contractor was very prompt and accommodating. Rick was very friendly, understanding and cooperative. He promptly started the job, no breaks, and continued until the job was done. Upon completion, he charged exactly as he had estimated. This is very important for one with limited fund...no surprises. I want to hire Rick again for future jobs.

Description of Work
Supply & build interior shelving to accommodate 1000+ DVDs, etc.

Category handyman service, woodworking

09/12/2015

Isabel B.

I did not get estimate from Rick, so I followed up with a text to see if maybe by chance I had missed his email. He advised me that he had something come up, but would get back to me on Monday with an estimate. Life happens so I was completely fine with that. On Tuesday I received an email from Rick apologizing for his delay in response and advising me that he would not be able to provide me with estimate due to the fact that he works on his own and was swamped with work at this time. He would have to turn down my project. I appreciate his response as he could have just not responded at all;but I am very disappointed that I took time off work for the review and then waited days for an estimate that never came. Now I'm back to square one.

Description of Work
Rick was very prompt in keeping his appointment to take a look at my project. He took measurements for various repairs and advised me he would get back to me in a couple of days via email to give me an estimate for each project. Painting, hanging blinds, minor plumbing etc.

Category handyman service, plumbing, window treatments

07/21/2015

Chris & Linda J.

Rick removed damage floor and checked for other water damage.He replaced the floor of cabinet.

Description of Work
He replaced the floor of kitchen cabinet due to water damage from a RO system.

07/20/2015

Bethany S.

He was supper fast to respond to our job and very friendly. He removed the door and replaced it with a smaller one and you can't tell where the patch is either inside or out. I will definitely call him again for other projects around the house:)

Description of Work
Replaces big dog door with a small cat door

07/13/2015

Michael K.

Rick is a true professional. He was punctual and knowledgeable. He organized the entire project and coordinated the job with a reputable electrician (Tom Sarnelli) and drywaller/painter. The project went smoothly and work was completed on time and to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Disassemble/remove large suspended kitchen cabinet; remove drywall box frame above cabinet; remove all 2x4 framing, haul debris

Category drywall, handyman service

06/28/2015

DAN H.

We are seasonal residents, so we had to select a contractor that we could trust as they would need access to my garage when I was 1000 miles away. I researched on AL to find someone that fit the bill. I found several handymen that had good ratings, but several also had a fair amount of D or F ratings....more than average. I find the negative reviews to tell me the most ....are they just nut case customers or are they legit issues and how or if did the contractor respond.... Rick was 100% positive reviews....he had no need to apologize for bad ones!! I called Rick...answered immediately, and totally understood what I needed and was able to give me a quote. He picked up the vents I wanted from Home Depot and installed them a week later. He called me (as promised) a couple of days in advance to work out details. The job was done very nicely ...he and my neighbor sent photo's of the completed work. Bottom line, I was able to trust Rick and his work from a very long distance. He also offered me a 10% senior discount. Great understanding and reliable communicator..... A rare commodity these days!!!

Description of Work
Installed 3 vents in stucco garage wall

05/12/2015

Charles W.

Rick is friendly, professional, and very good at what he does. He did a great job fixing quite a few items on our home, and also helped us locate a fantastic electrician. We will use Rick for all our home repair needs in the future. If you are looking for a handyman you can trust, I strongly recommend giving Rick and RPJ a try!

Description of Work
Multiple punch list jobs around our new home. Also ordered and hung multiple new doors

03/03/2015

Richard L.

Rick is a winner. As we've prepared to move-in to our new home, I've been my own "contractor" and have talked to virtually dozens of tradespeople on the telephone as I carefully pick and chose who would do the actual work. Rick possesses a basic skill set which, I discovered, is utterly unique in this world: He can communicate with friendliness, professionalism, clarity, and a can-do attitude on the phone! Most people I talked to treated my initial phone call with a weak hello and then I pretty much ran the call. Often, it was like pulling teeth to get the information I needed. Their attitudes could be surly, or sometimes just subtly suspicious, which was weird (like they're all on the run from the law and they need to qualify exactly who you are before they'll relax and talk to you). And this is important because the ability to communicate well and easily with these tradespeople is absolutely key to the ease, or lack thereof, in doing business with them. It was easy to do business with Rick from that first call. Our original handyman flaked. We needed a replacement fast. I discovered Rick on this website and he was very accommodating. Although his prices were above-average, his pricing was crystal clear (I emailed him the long list of items and he quoted me on the jobs individually and I was able to choose what I wanted to be done like a shopping list). We also felt that his attitude and communication skill justified the extra cost. In a single day, Rick assembled and installed three ceiling fans, fixed lighting, installed various hooks, shelves, towel bars, assembled and installed vertical blinds that we had purchased at Home Depot, etc., etc. All of the "typical stuff" as he put it. And he showed up on time, was pleasant throughout, and even called me periodically throughout the day with questions and updates. We did find a couple things he worked on, at the end of the day, that needed a second look, but one phone call to Rick and he was non-defensive and upbeat about coming back the very next day to make it right. What could be better? Well, he also found a small leak behind the toilet that we hadn't noticed and this was fortuitous because we had coincidentally scheduled a plumber that evening for something else and was able to group the toilet into the same, single service call (saving us money). We are pleased with Rick. He is our handyman now--that's all there is to it.

Description of Work
Fixed a myriad of household items just prior to our moving in to our new home.

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing, window treatments, woodworking

02/26/2015

tiffany L.

Entertainment center looks great! Can't even tell it got damaged. Thanks RPJ Industries!

Description of Work
Our entertainment center broke during our move to Vegas and RPJ Industries was able to fix it for us!

01/28/2015

Robert M.

Rick promptly returned my phone call and suggested I forward pictures of the affected area. The following day, Rick called back to advise that he was going to have to pass on the project... he does not do tile, he was oversubscribed at present, and if he tried to shoehorn in the project, he would end up having to charge quite a bit more than normal. I appreciated his honesty and rated the experience an overall "B" only because I still have to find someone to do the work.

Description of Work
Needed to have a subflooring patch done in the upstairs guest bathroom to correct rusted out toilet flange and water damage to adjacent subflooring. Contacted RPJ Industries LLC on the recommendation of another Angie's List vendor.

Category handyman service, plumbing

11/18/2014

Susan J.

Rick has been the best Handyman I have ever had work for me. I have used his service on at least three separate times and each time he has worked quickly and efficiently. He is very reasonable on price and always does a superior job. He has taken care of plumbing, both in bathrooms and kitchen. He took care of carpentry work needed. he prefers to have a list of things to do to save on cost for his customers. He is friendly and worth more than he charges. I can not recommend him highly enough. I have recommended him to any of my friends or family who needs a handyman. He is the type of person who treats you as family. Thank you again Rick and Thank you Angies List for allowing these reviews

Description of Work
This was the last time Rick completed work for us. Rehung door, fixed two bathroom features and took care of a window dressing.

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

10/20/2014

Eric N.

It couldn't have gone any better. He went above and beyond.

Description of Work
Rick installed a new vanity cabinet, sink, faucet, vanity light fixture and he hung a framed mirror all in my powder room. He did it fast and he did an excellent job. He also hauled away all the old items that were in the powder room originally at no extra charge. There was a small water leak I noticed after he left

10/14/2014

tosi W.

We need a medium size doggie door install in the wall. After watching YouTube n did some research. We told each other that let's just get a professional out to deal with this instead of mishap with the stucco wall cutting or get tangle with what inside the wall. After reading all the difference handyman reviews we decided to contact Richard. Communicate via texting the entire time ( that way we sure don't miss anything). We appreciated that he reconfirmed us up again the evening before our appointment window. He showed up as said and got the task done exactly in time. Cleaned up after. We would definitely ask for his service again. Thank you Richard.

Description of Work
Installed the wall Doggie door...

All Access Garage Door Co LLC

All Access Garage Door Co. LLC is family owned by lifelong Las Vegas residents. We are trusted by the members of our community, and this is shown by the fact that most of our revenue is from word of mouth referrals and repeat customers. While some of our competition will try to get in the door with lowball pricing and then upsell or even pitch unnecessary work, All Access Garage Door Co. LLC offers only honest, up-front pricing. We never up-sell or recommend repairs and products that our customers don’t need. With over twenty-five years of experience installing and repairing garage doors and openers, our technicians provide fast, efficient service to get your work done quickly and minimize the interruption to your busy schedule. All Access Garage Door Co. LLC always provides the highest quality service so that you don’t need to worry about your family’s safety or theft of your valuables because of a broken or stuck garage door! The State of Nevada has tight regulations for contractor licensing, and garage doors are no exception. All Access Garage Door Co. LLC has a Nevada C-3D Overhead Doors contractor’s license required to install and repair garage doors — something most handymen do not have! We are also bonded and insured.

Martin Garage Doors of Nevada

We specialize in cost effective repair of existing doors and offer the largest selection of new garage doors in the State of Nevada. We guarantee your satisfaction with 1000's of satisfied customers. Contractor License #77056. Since 2002 we've been providing fast repair service for all brands of doors. We also have a huge selection of high-quality new doors for every budget. Visit our parts department and showroom. We guarantee your satisfaction with our work, and use only factory authorized parts to work on your door - no factory seconds or used parts. We take cash, checks, or cards and we also offer easy financing. We are a group of certified technicians and we strive to raise the bar in what we do. We're all family guys and gals who enjoy being and dealing with good people who value quality workmanship. Your time is valuable so we do our best to show up on time. We treat you in the same professional way we like to be treated when dealing with successful winning businesses. Fully accredited and certified by the Institute for Door Education & Accreditation. Nevada contractors license #77056 and 77057. Specialties -Same day repairs -Insulate your existing garage door -New garage doors -Ultra-quiet openers. -Broken spring repairs with lifetime warranty -FREE design assistance to match your home -Smart phone apps - phone becomes a remote. -Wind damage repairs. -Garage door remotes and batteries

Offers by Martin Garage Doors of Nevada on Angi
    Alaskan Heating & Air Conditioning

We are a multi year super service award winner! Alaskan Plumbing Heating & Air is a leading installer and servicer of high-efficiency air conditioners, furnaces, comfort controls, indoor air quality systems, and plumbing products for the commercial and residential industry. The company is committed to providing customers with unsurpassed customer service and energy efficient HVAC solutions that improve and maximize comfort within the home and workplace. Alaskan Plumbing Heating & Air is a locally owned company, proudly serving the Las Vegas Valley since 1976. We are avid supporters of charitable foundations that serve the Las Vegas community.

Offers by Alaskan Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi

All basic home repairs...