Robco Electric

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2010

5692 La Costa Canyon Ct. # 105

Las Vegas, NV 89139

Robco Electric’s Solar Team members have been in the solar industry for over 30 years. Having installed PV systems in Nevada over the past five years, and with hundreds of satisfied customers, our certified installers (with over 70 years of construction experience), we’ve been able to partner with

01/27/2022

Michael R.

To begin, once we knew we wanted to switch to solar power, we selected the three solar companies who were highly regarded by reviews and comments from people in our neighborhood who had installed solar power. Three were invited to present their company. The first had installed two homes in our neighborhood. The presentation was excellent and the salesperson knew his line. His company could begin in 3 months as their supply of panels was "on the water". He returned with a presentation and the price was quoted. The second was Adam from Robco Electric. Adam knew more than I could ever imagine about solar power. He answered our 30 questions easily and pitched his made in America LG solar panels which were each 380 watts and had plenty of stock in Nevada to begin as soon as his teams had time, as they were currently busy. He pointed out that Robco had been in business for 30 years and that they have been doing solar for the past 5 years. Adam knew answers to everything we knew nothing about. He fully explained what the price was and also about the tax rebate we would get, by paying cash, in addition of what the cost would be by leasing the program. We decided we would pay in full on completion. He sent his complete presentation by email and soon followed up with a printed folder for the program. He explained that his chief engineer would first check our electrical panel of 27 years of age, to see if it would satisfy the demand of the Solar panels on the roof. The third company which quoted, sent someone who did not know much about what he was selling, and he spent time speaking about why paying over time would be an easy way to finance the project. We asked him to quote us based on a full payment on completion basis. He said that he currently did not have stock on hand and that he could begin in 5 months. He sent his three page quote by email and it was significantly far higher that the previous two bids. We settled on Robco, who sent their chief engineer to check out our electrical box and to see if we have a grounding pipe in the ground. Yes, our electrical box was too small to accommodate the 30 panels. The price quoted was acceptable and we moved to the next step. Panel crew arrived and began installing the 30 panels on the roof and the wiring into our attic and down to the area of the electrical box. They left and we awaited inspections by Nevada power and the City of Henderson in a few days. The solar instruction team spent a lot of time explaining how the panels worked and where the wiring would go when done. All 4 members of the install team were extremely knowledgeable in what they were doing. The team worked well together. all were polite and friendly. The first delay we had was when Nevada Power had a manpower shortage due to Covid. This was explained to us and we were acceptable to the 4-week wait. We had already discussed possibilities with Adam, who gave us several possibilities which could occur, if certain things happened. We were prepared for this by Robco. The first inspection came, and we were set to move forward. The chief Electric engineer and assistant came and spent a day putting in the new electrical panel and then completed the wiring of the solar panels and replacement of our home electrical wires and all were labeled. During this time, we were filled in on what they were doing and how they worked. The two guys were absolutely top-notch and extremely polite. They were never in a rush and even re painted our entrance to the attic, as there were a few smudges left by the panel crew. The stucco person came by and first re-stuccoed the areas around the larger electrical panel. The next day, the chief engineer came by and painted the dry stucco as well as the wires to match our house color. The next inspections came and went, and we waited for Nevada Power come to switch the old meter to the new one. They showed up sooner than we expected, and we were able to throw the switch to activate the solar system. Adam came back and explained how our phone app would allow us to see how everything is performing. We are ecstatic at our low electrical bell and at how much energy we are storing for the coming summer, I would not hesitate in having Robco back to do other electrical challenges, as we will be doing some changes to our house in the coming years. We would say that if persons considering solar installation do not give Robco a shot at the business, then they missed the boat. We are the Roberts' in Henderson Nevada 89012

Description of Work
Install of Solar Panels and updated circuit panel

09/17/2021

Joy Z.

After researching solar panels I contacted 3 companies for information and proposals. After a Zoom meeting with Steven Araneta with Robco I invited him into our home to repeat the meeting with my husband. He answered our questions with competence and we knew this was the company to go with. Steven followed through with everything, always responsive, communicated well and was patient. Robco handled all the paperwork for permits and HOA approvals. All I had to do was deliver the form to our HOA. The installation was on time, the crew led by Carlos were professional, considerate about safety, cleanliness and very polite. They also were knowledgeable and explained details. This process was less than 2 days. After the panels were installed and before they were running we had a heavy rain. In the morning we found water leaked from the attic, thinking it was a roof leak, I called Steven and he had 2 roofers out to our house within a couple hours. Tyson and his associate inspected everything in detail, took pictures and even made a 3rd trip into the attic with my husband. These 2 young men were professional, clean, polite and concerned. End result the water was an air conditioning issue, nothing to do with the solar installation. Robco has included a Wi-Fi app that monitors consumption, kWh produced and tracking each panel is in working order. We are looking forward to a reduced utility bill soon. The LG Panels include a 25 year warranty. Pigeon proofing is also included. I highly recommend if you are considering solar panels to use Robco. Give Steven Araneta a phone call at 702-439-1328.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of solar panels

02/06/2021

Doug H.

ROBCO RECOMMENDATION We initially recognized the need to take control of our electric costs. To do that we needed to consider solar electrical panel power generation. We researched several firms using the internet. We also talked with neighbors that currently use solar power systems. We than checked out several firms using the Nevada State Building Board to see if they were properly licensed and had no outstanding or prior litigation against them. We then checked with the Better Business Bureau to see what kind of rating they had. Once we narrowed our firms of interest, we checked on subsequent firms costs. We also used the internet solar calculation check to get a broad range estimate. Our selection of Robco was not based on only cost as they were not the cheapest. As a General Contractor, I know the lowest proposal is not always the best contractor. After interviewing Jorge Saal of Robco we were satisfied they would do an excellent job. We were very satisfied with their installation crews work, both courteous, professional and expeditious. Once the work was completed we were very happy that Robco educated us on the systems and coordination with the Building Inspectors work. We will readily provide Robco an excellent recommendation to any other potential customers. Doug Hays 89148

Description of Work
SOLAR ELECTRICAL PANEL INSTALLATION

Category electrician

12/01/2020

Matt M.

Robco did a great job! Jorge was a very good communicator & explained everything very well from start to finish. We had talked to 2 other solar companies before, who were more expensive so we went with Robco! We were very glad we did, as they kept us informed every step of the way as they went through the different stages to set up our solar system. The entire staff was great to work with & kept in touch after the project was finished to make sure we were happy with everything. I highly recommend Robco Electric for your solar needs!

Description of Work
Install solar panels on our house roof

11/09/2020

Lynn S.

After seeing other positive reviews we decided to give Robco Electric a call about our solar install. I had preconceived ideas about what was needed, but our point of contact Krystal, educated me on every detail and step necessary to have a system that was appropriate for our home. I thought the more panels you have the better, but she explained why that was not a good idea. Installation was scheduled quickly and install was completed in one day. They handled all the paperwork for permits and HOA. We would use Robco electric again and we highly recommend Robco Electric for your solar installation.

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation

10/15/2020

Richard Y.

Best experience ever. Krystal (my sales rep) was phenomenal and a wealth of knowledge. Work was quick, efficient, professional. Minimal intrusion or work for customer- Robco handles it all (paperwork, permits, arrangements with local utilties, lending appliction, etc.) They also check-in now and then to ensure all is still running tip-top. Definitely always include Robco in your quotes and decide from there. Definitely ask for Krystal and work with her. She's phenomenal! (‭(702) 767-3910‬)

Description of Work
Solar installs and EV charging outlet upgrade, install of additional electrical sockets

04/10/2020

Joe F.

This is the best solar company in the valley. Their pricing is competitive and very professional. I had solar installed in December and it went very well and they did a great job on the installation, even matching paint to my home. They handled the HOA documents and everything was completed on schedule. I had them come back out to install a 220 outlet and they came in under the estimate. Look, if you want to get solar installed or have some electrical work done, you can trust this company. They get it done the right way, use the best equipment out there, and follow up to make sure you are satisfied. In February and March my solar system produced over one million watts of energy and we are extremely happy with their service and products.

Description of Work
Solar panels and 220 outlet installation

03/12/2020

James H.

Robco Electric did a fantastic job. Starting with sizing, panel selection, layout, paperwork and permits, they planned and organized the job to maximize the capacity and efficiency of the system. The installation was fast and looks great on the house. Unlike a lot of homes with solar, the conduits bringing the power down from the array does not run across the roof so there is no ugly conduits showing, Where the conduits are exposed on the side of the house, they matched the paint of the house and painted all the conduits and electrical boxes so they blend in with the house. The installation passed all inspections on the first visits and the system was on line less than 2 weeks from completion. Everyone at Robco cared about getting the job done right and as quickly as possible. I highly recommend them for any electrical work.

Description of Work
Added a roof top solar array

06/26/2019

Myron T.

If anyone is interested in getting solar installed in Las Vegas, we highly recommend Robco Electric. After doing extensive research with other solar companies, Robco Electric provided the best proposal using quality equipment (LG NeON 2 LG335N panels and Enphase IQ7+ Microinverters). From the beginning to the end, Robco staff was nothing but awesome. Kyle was our sales consultant and was very knowledgeable and responsive throughout the entire process. He answered all our questions and also provided technical data to backup his answers which was much appreciated. The installation and coordination was exceptional. Collin kept us up to date during the entire process and the installation team was very professional and pleasant to work with. Before making your final decision, you should definitely give Robco a call.

Description of Work
Solar Installation

04/25/2019

Varand M.

We've been partners with Robco Electric for 6-7 years now so you could say that we have had some experience with them. If you want to be just a customer of the lowest price bidder on your solar system with some cheap Chinese panels and questionable technology, go elsewhere. However, if you want a partner that is local, will stand by your side, back what they've sold, and provide you with advice that's in *your* best interest, DEFINITELY go with these guys. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation & Upgrade

10/09/2018

B C.

Okay… so I have been meaning to write this review for a month, but on the heels of getting our solar activated we began dealing with a home remodel. That said, at least the review is now being written one month in so I can report on any problems that might have arisen since… Spoiler alert: all is well. I researched several companies for solar electric panels. I’ve been wanting them for over a decade and with NVEnergy’s Tier-1 net-metering likely set to expire in early to mid 2019, I figured that now was the time to act. I primarily talked to Tesla and Robco, though I initially reached out to a few others that I ended up not pursuing them at the advice of friends of family. Off the bat, Robco had the best price per Kilowatt Hour (Kwh). Tesla did turn around and match their price. Tesla’s financing was the best thing they had going for them at a fixed rate for 20 years or 10 year terms. But the problem arose for Tesla when reading so many negative reviews even within the last 8 months since Solar City was acquired by Tesla. What sold me on Robco Electric was the following: - A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau - A+ rating with the Nevada Contractors Board - Great reviews on Angie’s List, Yelp, Google, etc…. Also, they have been in business for over two decades and are going to be around to service their equipment and their warranty. They are also a local company that cannot just lift up roots from one state and focus on others — they will be in So. Nevada even if laws around solar rebates turn sour again. Before I signed the contract, Krystal provided me tons of information on the advantages and disadvantages to micro-inverters versus central inverters along with the quality of various types of panels. This was very helpful in the decision making process. Another thing that came up was the layout of the tiles. Those initial designs companies do using satellite images might be a far cry from reality. I was glad that Robco was local and had people to look at my roof first hand to figure out the design. Ultimately, when Robco ended up throwing in reverse-tilt mounting on the bottom of my north-facing roof for free to ensure they could meet the production levels from their initial bid. They also worked with and around SunTrek on moving my thermal solar heater panels from the west roof to the north roof. Be advised if you plan to go down this road, there will be a lot of waiting. First for the HOA, then for NV Energy and of course for city inspectors. Once Robco could start work they were pretty quick about it. They installed the 67 panels on my roof with pigeon guards on all sides. Not to say that all of the installation went without hiccups — whenever you are dealing with a big job there are going to be hiccups. But Robco always responded (sometimes on weekends) to make sure things were made right during the installation process. Once the system was activated we got the monitoring system up and running on a Saturday. I called into Robco on Saturday afternoon to let them know that 11 of the panels were not showing up on the monitoring system. They tried a remote reset of the system on Saturday afternoon, but when that did not work they had somebody at my house at 6:00am on Monday morning to check the wiring. Sure enough, it was a quick fix and all 67 panels lit up and started working. Robco’s guy, Tyson, was in and out before my painters showed up to paint the outside of my house at 7am. Since the panels have been on, I check just about every day to see how I am doing. According to estimates, my September production was suppose to be 63% of my usage. However, I produced over 95% for the time the panels were active in September and I am getting over 100% in October. Part of this is that I replaced my 18-year-old AC units in the time between signing the contract with Robco and waiting for the HOA because one of them failed. But another part of that (especially in October when I typically do not even use my air conditioning) Is the 15 panels on my north roof that are mounted with reverse tilt are giving more efficiency than the original estimate. If anybody asks me about solar panels, I whole-heartedly recommend Robco. To begin with they are a great company with some great electricians. You can trust that they are going to be around. Their solar business is an extension of their electrical contracting business — same quality and same care for their work. They put customer satisfaction first.

Description of Work
Solar Electric Panels

06/07/2018

Diane E.

Fantastic Overall Experience. Knowledgeable, friendly, punctual, sales reps; all the “real” info concerning: costs, solar production, NV Energy rules and policies. Seamless integration with our HOA. As a previous NV solar homeowner, the info was spot on. No hard sale, no “made-up” numbers or costs. Group of 5 of us including engineers, compared Robco to other Southern NV installers. The high-end, high-efficiency LG panels sealed the deal. We made the right choice. Local company with other business, not just solar. Expecting them to be around for the entire life of my roof. Installation as advertised, professional, courteous, clean installation. Every person we met from laborer to owner was fabulous. Can’t say enough good things about Robco. If you’re considering solar, don’t commit until you talk to Robco. Thanks again.

Description of Work
Solar Install

02/27/2018

VERNON D.

Robco installed my 28 panel Solar System 3 years ago and I haven't paid anything except the Net Metering connection fee from day one. At the time of purchase, I decided not to pay to have the Pigeon Fence installed - Big Mistake. Over time, my roof was selected as Pigeon Headquarters with all the crap - and I do mean crap that goes along with these flying poop factories. Robco installed Pigeon fencing and they have moved on. I have always had good service from Robco and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed Pigeon Fence.

01/30/2018

Ken P.

Very well. Covers 100% of electrical expenses.

Description of Work
Installed 50 solar panels.

10/31/2017

David H.

Perfect! They finish when they said they gave me the most information about solar panels and they’re very friendly and helpful and they cleaned up after they were done

Description of Work
Had solar panels put on my house

10/30/2017

VERNON D.

I have had this system for 3 years and it has worked great. On the few occasions I have called Robco they have been very responsive. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I had a 28 panel solar system installed.

07/25/2017

John S.

Called twice and never received a return call from a project manager as promised. As a result, I went to Home Advisor, found a contractor specializing in solar systems, and hired him for a $6000.00 project.

Description of Work
Solar Panel system evaluation and repair.

04/06/2017

Christine S.

They were great! They were very informative, professional, friendly and did what they said they were going to do. They did a good job.

Description of Work
Installed 18 solar panels.

03/27/2017

howard S.

Fantastic very professional work performed as agreed cleaned up after job was done no surprises

Description of Work
Install new can lights

Category electrician

03/13/2017

Ken P.

They did a great job. However we were over sold by sales rep. Intially he said we needed 60 panels to cover 100% of our electrical bill. Cost to high, so we went for 80%, which he said would require 50 panels. As it turned out we probably could have done with half that number since having the panels installed, we've only had 2 electric bills from NV energy totaling $30 in 2 years. We've had a huge credit after each year. A credit instead of a bill is nice, $20,000 in our pocket would have been even nicer.

Description of Work
Installed solar panels

03/06/2017

ingeborg T.

well done, found the miswire and blown fuse

Description of Work
after three lemons, I found an electrician who knows to troubleshoot and finds actual the errors. This company has electricians who know their stuff and are well trained.

02/27/2017

Jon T.

They did a very good job. Cleaned up the area. Setup the system and interfaced with the utility.

Description of Work
Installed solar panels and supporting hardware.

02/15/2017

danny E.

VERY WELL. EXCELLENT PRICE,WORK AND RESPONSIVENESS.GREAT VALUE

Description of Work
SOLAR POWER

01/23/2017

Cory S.

Everything went well. One small issue (a piece of bracket left on the roof), but they came immediately and took it away. I could have done it myself in about ten minutes, but they had contacted me to make sure everything was okay. I told them of the piece on the roof and that I would throw it away. They came out and did it immediately. Great attention to even the smallest details. Would definitely use again and recommend.

Description of Work
Robco did the solar on my home. Fantastic work, great clean job, real fair price, very responsive to requests.

01/02/2017

Eric L.

Excellent, all of the workers were good and friendly. They cared about the work they did

Description of Work
Installed solar panels