Pigeons Be Gone

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2010

PO Box 61033

Las Vegas, NV 89160

Pigeons Be Gone specializes in Exclusion screens, Bird spikes, Bird Netting (Stealthnet), Humane trapping, Pigeon waste cleaning and disinfecting. Exclusion screening: When eliminating pigeon nesting within eaves & under A/C units, we have found the screening to be most effective. We begin by removing all nests and debris, thoroughly clean & disinfect the area, then apply the screening material. Our heavy duty, 14 gauge, galvanized steel screen prevents pigeons from re-nesting once permanently affixed to the home. We offer a lifetime guarantee, ensuring the pigeons will never re-nest in the treated area(s). Bird spikes: Virtually invisible, bird spikes prevent pigeons from nesting & roosting on ledges, window sills, roof peaks, etc. Manufactured of a UV resistant polycarbonate plastic, bird spikes provide up to 5 years of bird free surfaces. This product is humane, aesthetically pleasing, & most of all affordable. Bird Netting: StealthNet provides the most permanent, low visibility solution for pigeons that are nesting around and/or under air conditioning units. StealthNet is the most versatile bird exclusion product offered as it can be customized to fit any size area and is easily accessible to service people. Made of UV resistant polyethylene twine, the net will last for 5 years when properly maintained. Trapping: When a property becomes inundated with a flock of pigeons (6-8 or more), a trapping program must be initiated to eliminate the birds residing at the subject property. Many times, this is the first step in effective pigeon control. Typically, trapping program spans approximately 30 days, utilizing two phases: baiting & trapping. Our custom made traps allow us the most safe & effective method of bird elimination available to the consumer. The trapping approach eliminates the need for poisons which can be harmful to both humans & their pets. Pigeon waste cleaning: Pigeons nest in their own feces. As a result, the majority of nesting & roosting areas contain dangerous fungi and bacteria that are potentially harmful to humans. To eliminate accumulation of droppings the site is first brush cleaned to eliminate the bulk of the droppings. The area is then pressure washed & special enzymatic disinfectants are applied, breaking down the remainder of the droppings. These products are non-toxic, environmentally safe, non-flammable & biodegradable....

05/11/2020

Stuart T.

We set up an appointment and he never showed up. He didn’t call either. It’s been a week.

Description of Work
Pigeon exclusion

Category animal removal

05/08/2018

Tom B.

It went great. I was extremely pleased with everything that Pigeons Be Gone did. Mike is a great communicator. Throughout the process, he kept me informed of what was happening and what was going to happen. He is punctual and professional. He is thoroughly knowledgeable about pigeons and keeping them from making a home on your roof. It's been eight months since I paid him to remove the pigeons from my roof, and they haven't returned. What more can I ask for! The attached photos show the before, during, and after of the process.

Description of Work
Pigeon removal and pigeon clean up

Category pest control, gutter cleaning, pressure washing, animal removal, roof cleaning

04/19/2018

Jean B.

Great. Redid the prongs but also helped us fix our pool so that pigeons wouldn't be able to drink the water.

Description of Work
Painters knocked down prongs that were on a column where pigeons nested.

Category pest control

Thank you for your positive review. It sounds like removing the water source has really helped your pigeon problem. Great news. Please let us know if we can help you in the future.

03/15/2018

Rhonda L.

At first it went well. Now it is spring and I hear pigeons again. His price was good because he told me I may not need wires put on the roof, just wrapping up and blocking the nesting areas. I am not able to get on the roof to see what was done, so I didn't answer Quality question with an A. I plan on having him return to put up the wires.

Description of Work
get rid of Pigeons nesting on my roof.

11/07/2017

Tom B.

On October 2, 2017, I hired Pigeons Be Gone to eliminate a serious pigeon infestation on the roof of my house. Mike, the owner of Pigeons Be Gone, strongly believes that the only way to eliminate pigeons from a roof is to trap them and take them away. Other forms of pigeon elimination (roof spikes, chimney screening, feces removal) are vital (I tried them), but I can confirm that you will never totally eliminate a pigeon problem without trapping them and taking them away. My experience with Pigeons Be Gone was truly five-star. After I called to say I wanted to hire his company, Mike came to my home within an hour or two and set up a cage that, at first, he just filled with seeds to lead the pigeons to believe it was a great place to go into for free food. After a week of feeding every pigeon in the neighborhood, he set the trap. Now we were capturing pigeons. Throughout the process, Mike kept me fully informed. Every time he came to empty the trap (which was typically every other day), I received an email that night telling me how many pigeons he had trapped that day. Even more important to me was that he told me in advance what to expect during the process. For example, after he finally removed the trap from my roof (and be advised, this can take as long as a month) and had removed the 191st pigeon, he warned me not to panic when I saw another pigeon on the roof. After all, he said, they had come to my roof to eat free food. Sure enough we saw pigeons at times on the roof for a few days, but after those two or three days I haven’t seen a pigeon on my roof since. Mike at Pigeons Be Gone is a true expert on how pigeons think, how they behave, and how to remove them. If you have a pigeon problem, don’t waste your money just deterring the pigeons with spikes and screens (although this is an important step in the process). Just make sure you include pigeon trapping and removal.

Description of Work
I needed to have pigeons removed from the roof of my house along with a lot of pigeon feces and debris.

06/07/2017

Sharlesa A.

He came same day, finished the job in a couple of hours, and explained everything to me before he left. He was very efficient, and super friendly. The price was a little high, but its quality work. You get what you pay for. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

Description of Work
We needed pigeon nests removed, and netting placed to keep the birds from returning

Category pest control, pressure washing, animal removal, roof cleaning

Thank you so much for leaving a positive review for us. Please let us know if we can be of any help to you in the future.

08/25/2016

janet M.

All went extremely well. Michael installed preventative screening on my roof eight years ago. All was good these past eight years until last year when I had the exterior of my house painted. The painters removed the screening and did not put the screening back properly. I didn't notice this until last week when one of them was almost falling off. When I put a call in to Michael he came that same day, within an hour. He spent a lot of time fixing the screening. I was very pleased. I would recommend this company to anyone having a pigeon problem. He stands behind his work and helps his customers, even eight years later. Thank you Michael.

Description of Work
Re-arranged and secured existing preventative screening.

Category pest control

It was nice to see you again. I'm glad you caught that the painters removed the screening and didn't reinstall them properly before the pigeons found it again. Please let me know if you need anything else in the future.

08/25/2016

WILLIAM J.

see above - the work was suggestions on how to lower the cost of the service

Description of Work
Screen chimney area where pigeons roost. I called Michael and he asked why was In not going back to the first company I had commissioned who did a very good job of sealing off the overhead areas. I told him I like the reviewers comments on his work - he then suggested that I recontact the original company as they would give me a discount for being a return customer. I was impressed with his integrity. I did so and they were lower and efficient. I am grateful for Michael's professionalism and advice.

Category pest control

Thank you for the positive review. I'm so glad that the previous pigeon control company was able to give you a good deal on finishing up your house and saving you some money in the process. I'm sure they guarantee their work, but if for some reason you have any future problems please don't hesitate to contact us.

11/27/2015

David C.

Michael is a very professional person who is very knowledgeable about the subject matter. I recently had a bad experience with another pigeon control expert, and I wish I would've come across Pigeons Be Gone instead. I will be referring his services and passing around his business card to family and friends.

Description of Work
He provided info and quotes on a possible pigeon control installation.

Category pest control

We are very happy to hear about your positive experience. Please let us know if the other companies work doesn't stand the test of time. We are here for you when you need us.

07/25/2015

GREGORY H.

I emailed the company on 7/25/15 asking for an estimate. They were quick with their response, but state they aren't taking on any new customers For August and referred me to another company to assist immediately. This guy obviously cares about his business and product enough to reach out to me immediately and clarify the situation. He even stated if I was not happy with the referral company he would rectify any issue with them.

Description of Work
Owner explained why he couldn't take any new clients in August due to obligations, but really wants to assist in the future. He seems like a genuine good guy that has major pride in his business and company. Will contact again in the future when he has the time.

06/10/2015

Julie R.

Mike also put in screening inside and outside of our chimney. He was excellent 14 years ago, and I requested additional work. Within one day, the pigeons were gone again - totally.

Description of Work
He came out to remove pigeons from my property. He took down the nest from the chimney.

Category pest control

It's not often that we receive a review from a job we did 14 years ago so this review is extremely special to us. Thank you for trusting in our services and products to be a repeat customer. We love seeing work that reminds us of when we first started the business in 1998. Thanks for being such a great customer.

02/17/2015

Zuly S.

I had called in the morning and spoke with Mike. He was over within the hour and took care of everything the same day! Talking with Mike over the phone I could tell that he was very confident. He knows that he provides quality service. He was able to provide a quote over the phone... after I explained where the pigeons were hanging out, the description of our home and he looking at our home on google or yahoo maps. He is professional, friendly and polite. He cleaned up after himself. He did a great job! I highly recommend giving them a call. You will be glad that you did. ****EVERY weekend (for the past year or so) my husband and I would complain about how disgusting the pigeons were and that we really needed to get rid of them....I wish I would have called sooner!!!!! What a relief. I paid with a personal check. I am not sure if they take credit cards.

Description of Work
We had pigeons living in 2 nooks above our front door. Pigeons Be Gone installed wiring to block the pigeons from nesting. They also cleaned away to pigeons droppings.

10/23/2014

Debra H.

Mike came out to my house the day after I called him, and we discussed the best solution to my problem. I highly recommend Pigeons Be Gone.

Description of Work
I purchased a trap to catch pigeons.

Category pest control

Thank you for your review. In talking to you today I was glad to hear that you are almost finished trapping those pesky pigeons. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance, but it sounds like you have it under control.

06/10/2014

Wenteng Z.

everything is good. quote fair, arrive on time. did the work within the same day. very neat and clean.

Description of Work
install nail on the roof and clean everything

Category pest control, roof cleaning

Thank you for your positive review. I'm extremely glad to hear that you are still pigeon free one year after service. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

06/03/2014

Ann B.

He was terrific. I learned a lot about pigeons and have had no further intrusions.

Description of Work
Cleaned roof, windows, ledges. Put up screens to prevent further nesting.

Category pest control

Thank you for your review. I'm extremely glad to hear that you haven't had any further pigeon problems. Please keep in touch if you need future assistance. Thanks Michael Gardner

03/17/2014

David G.

Did as asked and have not had pigeons return. Arrived either same day or next after our initial call. Did seem expensive.

Description of Work
Removed nested pigeons, cleaned area and installed wire fence to prevent pigeons returning. Painted wire fence to match house color.

Category pest control, animal removal

Thank you for your review. One of the reasons that our price may seem a little higher than some other companies is because we are the only company to give a lifetime guarantee that the pigeons won't nest inside of the areas that we screen. Rest assured if you have another pigeon problem or a problem with our work you can just call and we will take care of it at no extra charge. Thanks again for your positive review.

03/17/2014

trudy C.

Very polite.. informative.. did everything he said he would and more! always available if needed in future!

Description of Work
cleared out pigeon nests, sanitized, setup spikes where needed, covered 4 netted areas so there will be no further nesting areas, cleaned driveway and walkway with sanitizer! amazing job!

Category pest control, pressure washing, animal removal

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to say such kind things about our work. We pride on doing everything we say we are going to do and more, like cleaning a driveway or sidewalk if it looks like its needed. I'm glad that you noticed the extra effort we put in. Please let us know if you have any future problems. Thanks again.

02/03/2014

Vela M.

Very happy with results. No more pigeons.

Description of Work
Power sprayed roof, photos, spikes, wire installed in nesting areas, returned loose tiles to original position, referral to roofer for needed repairs.

Category pest control

Thank you for your positive review. I'm very glad to here that the pigeons are still gone after a year. Please don't hesitate to call us if you have future problems. Thanks for your business.

01/11/2014

Dixon K.

This service provider was awesome.. it took a few tries, but it worked.. Id recommend them anytime

Description of Work
Got rid of the pigeons

Category pest control

Thanks for the positive review. I'm glad to hear that you are pigeon free. Please let us know if you have any future pigeon problems.

11/02/2013

Joyce H.

They were good. The price was pretty reasonable. He seemed like an honest guy. He was on time. He did a good job. He did the work and was done. The stuff he put up has been very effective and we won't need to use him again unless one of the spikes break.

Description of Work
We used Pigeons Be Gone to put spikes on the ledge outside where the pigeons used to sit so they wouldn't be able to land there and make a mess.

Category animal removal

We are so glad to hear that the pigeons are still gone after three years. I don't expect that you will have any future problems, but please let us know if you have any issues with the pigeons or the bird spikes. Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review.

10/28/2013

Jim N.

He did an amazing job. He explained to us why we were having such a problem with the pigeons and was able to solve it. They will not be able to ruin our unit with this netting now in. He called about a week after the job to follow up and make sure everything was okay. He also volunteered to speak with our Homeowners Association to speak about what people need to do to prevent problems with pigeons.

Description of Work
He netted our heating/ac unit, because of a pigeon problem.

Category pest control, animal removal

Thank you for your business. I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Please let me know if you still need help with the neighbor that is feeding their dogs outside and attracting pigeons to your home. I'm more than happy to speak to the Hoa on your behalf and explaining the problems that pigeons can cause to your roof and air conditioning unit.

10/20/2013

Thomas T.

I cannot speak to the quality of the work as we did not use him. I sent Michael a video I took last year to give him an idea of what one side of the affected area looked like. Michael was professional and quoted $1700 by phone for trapping of pigeons including those in the neighborhood. He said sometimes the HOA pics up the tab though my HOA president scoffed at this (I am new to HOA's). Aside fro cost to trap which was a non starter in this economy, I did not want to attract even more pigeons from neighbors properties to my location. I bought this house in the past two years and the two problem areas, both sides of front door roof lines) are the result of 7 years (since built) non-maintenance. It's not like I have a hundred pigeons on the house. I had another vendor from Angies do the work of cleaning and installing fencing in the problem area. With my own maintenance each year (cleaning and de-roosting if something else occurs), hopefully I can keep things in check. If not, we can re-consider the expensive route.

Description of Work
Did not utilize provider.

Category pest control, animal removal

Thank you for leaving a review for our company. Pigeons can multiply from 2 to 16 in one year and they are homing pigeons. Meaning whereever they are born they will continue to nest. With a problem that was ongoing for 7 years the only way we can remove a flock of pigeons and offer our lifetime guarantee is with a trapping program. Unfortunately trapping is quite expensive because it takes a minimum of 30 days to complete and traps have to be emptied every other day to be done humanely. If a pigeon problem is solved in a timely manner screening and cleaning can be effective, but after 6 months of nesting it is often diificult to get pigeons to leave the property without capturing them. I truly hope the other companies screening works for you, but if you need us in the future we would be happy to help.

05/08/2013

William W.

Called them in beginning of week to find they were away for a few days. I left a message, with the recording advising a return call will be made on May 1st. Michael, ( the owner ) called that day and an appointment was made to get an estimate. He was very thorough in what had to be done in detail and gave the estimate, which was agreed on. The work was done that same day and he explained what he was doing. There was a nest and with a few eggs !!! It was removed and the whole area was pressure washed and treated. He even washed the inside entrance way, as some birds had left doppings. This was not included in the priceing but was a courtesy on his behalf. He put up the wireing on the front eaves, painted it to match the area, as well as putting up spikes. Again he gave us some spikes were we had done some wiring on the sides of the house. What impressed me was the fact I never felt that the work was too little for someone who does commercial work. I only can recommend this company 4 times over. A wonderful neat and professional experience. Thanks.

Description of Work
Nesting pigeon in front eave of home to be removed.

Category pest control, animal removal

Thanks for being such a great customer. It was our pleasure to do business with you. Please don't hesitate to call again with any future problems as all screening to prevent pigeons from nesting has a lifetime guarantee.

09/10/2012

Margarita R.

Performance was 10 star quality. We left message on answering machine and received a call within the hour. Showed up within 2 hours as promised. Very profesional. Very conscientious. Very detail oriented. The quality was better than excellent. The money was more than worth the work performed. My homeowners association has sent me a warning letter. Fix violation or be fined. The work exceeded the required repair requested by the Association. If the dumb pigeons don't get the message Mike said call him and he would put more strips down to see if they go away. The best advice given was Patience. Obviously pigeons are pretty dumb and creatures of habit and it takes them a long time to get the message.

Description of Work
Removed pigeon poop stain from side of house near roof line. Removed dead pigeon impaled on old spikes. Removed pigeon poop from roof ledge. Power cleaned the ledge. Checked the roof for any signs the pigeons were roosting in other places. Placed spikes that covered the entire ledge (pigeons were standing behind the old spikes. Power cleaned the driveway (i live in 4 plex and my neighbor and I have drives next to each other). Mike cleaned the entire area (both driveways). Placed wire to keep the pigeons from hiding away from apikes on roof. Placed spikes on decorative terra cotta pipe they were roosting on. He did an excellent, excellent job and was extremely reliable and even helped out my neighbor by securing a tarp on their side of the roof which was leaking.

Category pest control, animal removal

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave such a wonderful raving review. I glad to hear that the pigeons have realized they must move on to a different house. Please let us know if we can further assist you in the future.

05/17/2012

Michelle D.

He guaranteed it for life. He did a beautiful job. I was completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Got rid of pigeons. He steam-cleaned the area the pigeons were in and got all the poop out. He custom built the little iron fences and painted them with the exact color of the house. Then, he just sucked them up in the corner where the pigeons live.

Category pest control, animal removal

I'm so happy to hear that not only are your pigeons gone, but that you like the way the screening looks on your house. We paint the screening the same color of your property so that the HOA will approve of it. Thanks again for your business.