O'Connor Electric

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2006

O'Connor Electric has been in the electrical trade for more than 30 years. There is no job that is too small. O'Connor Electric is committed to your electrical needs....

electrician (502)lighting (82)ceiling fan installation (49)landscape lighting (7)pool cleaning (7)HVAC Companies (5)driveway gate installation (1)

08/10/2021

Lee P.

Fantastic, Mr. O’Connor did a great job, he fixed the electrical problem I was having. Very knowledgeable and explained all about circuit breakers and GFI. I would highly recommend for any electrical issues and would hire again!

Description of Work
Needed circuit breaker and outlet fixed

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

01/13/2021

Peter M.

Kevin is a true pro with many years of experience. He makes certain the job he does is done to perfection. I highly recommend him for any type of electrical work.

Description of Work
Various electrical work.

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

08/29/2020

Patricia B.

Exceptional experience. Kevin came out on a Saturday morning to help us out. He kept us up to date on his arrival time. He diagnosed and expertly repaired the problem. Our home is once again safe and the lights work in our garage! If you want someone to show up as promised and want the job done right, call O’Connor Electric.

Description of Work
Smoke detectors quit working & ballast needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

05/09/2020

Cary B.

Went unbelievably fast and very well. Called him on a Saturday for an intermittent ac unit on a over 95 degree Vegas day (kind of an emergency) due to a short in the ac power switch. He was over to my home in about a half hour and had it changed out in under a half hour. He showed me the poorly wired switch from the home builders and likely saved me from a house fire as well.

Description of Work
Air conditioning light switch changed in attic.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/09/2020

02/26/2020

Wanda C.

Kevin was on time, very nice and professional. I had several outlets out and both bathroom lights would not work. He explained all he was doing. Got the job done quickly and the outcome was fantastic. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. And I will have him back if any future jobs need to be done. Thank you Kevin. Sincerely, Wanda

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

02/06/2020

Don J.

He said he would call me back and he never did.

Description of Work
no work was done

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

I apologize for not being able to contact you to reschedule.

09/05/2019

Ted C.

Kevin O'Connor came to our house quickly. He diagnosed and repaired the problems within a half hour. His price was reasonable for the expertise needed to do the job quickly and correctly.

Description of Work
Smoke detector and ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) repair

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

08/09/2019

Jerry W.

I had used O’Connor Electric before when I needed to have ceiling fans with lighting installed. Kevin O’Connor is the owner and he is a professional in his job, himself and working with customers. He’s a great communicator and helps you the customer to understand the job in layman terms. Kevin was able to come out on the day required to remove and replace my outdoor flood light above my garage. He arrived at the specified time and was able to job accomplished without a hitch. Since I already had a floodlight and bulb on-hand, it made his job easier. His positive actions allowed me to finish my last job so I can list my house. I would recommend Kevin O’Connor and his company for any work requiring an electrician.

Description of Work
Remove and replace an outdoor flood light and bulbs

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

06/19/2019

Lawrence G.

Work was done quickly and professionally. Was late for appointment, but kept me informed of status. Was not an issue. Would hire again.

Description of Work
install new three way light switch.

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

05/08/2019

Alan G.

Mr O'Connor was on time and did a great job. He spent a lot of time measuring to make sure the light was where we wanted it before cutting any holes. He did a great job and we have used his services many times. We use him for all of our electrical services. He is very professional. we highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Moved light fixture in Dinning room

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

12/05/2018

paul S.

Kevin did a great job. He was professional, polite, on time and very helpful with suggestions. I would highly recommend and will use him exclusively from now on

Description of Work
upgraded all smoke alarms

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

07/31/2018

Dustin E.

We lost our lamppost light in a storm. I bought a new one and tried to install it myself. I only messed up one wire, but that was enough to ground out the circuit, blow the breaker and take our garage door opener out because the breaker would not come back on. Kevin to the rescue! I called him and he was here the next day at 7:45 am, just like he said. He diagnosed the issue, showed me what I did wrong, rewired the light, fixed the breaker and checked all the affected outlets to make certain they worked. He's a real pro and a darn nice guy as well. I'd hire him again tomorrow. And I WILL hire him next time there's a job that needs doing here at the house.

Description of Work
Rewire a lamp post light

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

06/25/2018

Carol D.

Kevin did sleuthing and eventually uncovered the problem which was not easy to spot. You can tell by watching him work that he is an experienced electrician and knows what he is doing. I have total confidence in him and his work and would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
The electrical in the garage worked sometimes and sometimes not.

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

06/02/2018

AMNUEY S.

A new switch has been installed and is working perfectly. Thanks Angie's list for recommending O'Connor Electric. A superb electrician in deed.

Description of Work
My wall automatic switch to turn on and off front door and drive way lights stopped working. I called Mr. O'Connor and he came and fixed it even on a Saturday.

Work Completed On 06/02/2018

05/26/2018

Kevin A.

Job went fine Kevin is very professional and easy going Did a great job Price was reasonable

Description of Work
install a chandelier

Work Completed On 04/07/2018

05/23/2018

Kelly J.

He was professional, communicative and price for work was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Overhead lighting was not working. O'Connor fixed wiring and they work great.

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

05/15/2018

Carrie H.

I called Kevin and he was here in 30 minutes. He immediately diagnosed the problem (a loose wire) and we’re back in business. I will definitely call Kevin next time we have another electrical issue!

Description of Work
We had track lighting in the kitchen and the switch would not always work.

05/03/2018

Matthew T.

Kevin is great. Returned my call quickly. Set an appointment to give me a quote. Kevin arrived on time for appointment. He gave me my options for finishing the wiring. (Wires had to be ran and connected to power) I thought quote was reasonable for job. (Already had purchased my two ceiling fans) No return appointment, Kevin started right away. When finished the wiring was clean and looked professional. Everything works great. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Connection of patio hard wiring and installation of two fans/lights under patio.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

05/02/2018

Gina M.

It was really a simple fix, however, being a (spoiled) girl, and having no experience with breakers and such, I didn't know what to do. He took the time to explain A LOT to me, including how to check the breakers, and that not all outlets can handle the same amount of power items (such as, we could only plug our space heaters into kitchen or bathroom outlets), and he also told me what kind of extension cords to use with certain things. I plan to use them again when I want to get my ceiling fans changed out.

Description of Work
Lost power in one side of house

Work Completed On 10/10/2017

02/27/2018

Tom A.

Very happy with the service. Was experiencing odd power outages in only parts of the house. Circuits were not tripping, but power lost. Kevin knew exactly what the problem was, and verified it on the first call. We had to have the city unlock the meter which took an extra day. Kevin showed up the following day and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Replace main breaker

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

02/07/2018

Sandy P.

Kevin responded promptly to my request and came out same day. He confirmed appt and called to let me know he was going to be 30 min. Much appreciated. Experience felt like my neigh bor was lending a helping hand. Very professional, personable, explained everything, and answered all my questions without hestitation. Kudos! Kevin is in my roladex.

Description of Work
Replace to GFCI receptacles.

Work Completed On 02/07/2018

01/15/2018

Rich P.

Went great. Keving solved the problem and now the fan and lights are working great. Installing the new dimmer switches were a no-brainer for him.

Description of Work
Stumper of a problem where our ceiling fan lights kept flashing. Also, wanted a few dimmers installed on other lights,

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans