LV Dog Resort

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2012

6810 W. Sahara Ave

Las Vegas, NV 89146

LV Dog Resort provides luxury dog services in Las Vegas NV. Our resort-style facilities offers home-like amenities and recreational activities in a clean, secure and fun-filled environment....

06/25/2018

marge B.

Wonderful and caring employees.

Description of Work
My 2 greyhounds stay overnight whenever I am away

Category kennels

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your awesome review, I appreciate you so much taking the time to let others know you love us!! We adore Charlie and Hershey and love them so much :) We hope to see them and you soon!! Shana

09/02/2016

boo S.

Our two precious English Bulldogs, Cupcake and Jingle, are the family spoiled babies. They are sisters and three years old. They have been going to the LV Dog Hotel and Daycare for several years and we couldn't be happier with the attention they receive there. When we pick our girls up they are full of smiles and very happy! They are usually so tired that they both SNORE on the drive home. When we drive the girls to the LV Dog Hotel they get excited when we stop there and the bulldogs see where we are... they literally jump out of the car to run to the door of LV Dog Hotel. When we walk our bulldogs into the building they jump and play and wiggle and are excited to be there... I really think that says it all. We are VERY happy with the care and attention our girls received at the LV Dog Hotel and we highly recommend their service.

Description of Work
Our two bulldogs have stayed for over a week at the LV Dog Hotel and Daycare boarding while we were out of town. Our girls have also went for a day to play there... we took them in the morning and picked them up in the afternoon. (We have been going to the LV Dog Resort for several years.) Our girls always come home tired and happy. We highly recommend the LV Dog Resort. Our girls get lots of wonderful attention and are always excited to run inside when we pull up to the door.

03/08/2016

debbie H.

I moved to San Diego right after my dogs stay. I just ran across their business card so I decided to leave this review to tell the nightmare I went through afterwards. My 2 yorkies are sweethearts and totally non-aggressive. I had paid extra to have them sleep and nap in their own room, the largest they use. When I picked up my yorkies after their approximately 5 day stay I didn't notice anything unusual. As I said earlier, we moved to very San Diego the next day. It was a couple of days later, while we were in San Diego, that my dog began limping on her hind leg. Further inspection revealed the upper leg was warm, red, with a couple of "puncture type" wounds. My dogs are only outside on leash, unless they are out with us in a small fenced yard. They are NEVER unattended or unobserved while outside. I took her to my vet who verified this appeared to be a bite mark and she was given a shot and placed on antibiotics. The ONLY way the bite occurred was while in the care of LV Dog Resort. The wounds were fairly large and there is NO WAY the wounds didn't bleed when this happened. Yet no one said anything about the bite/wound when I picked up the dogs. I didn't even bother to call the owner as I knew she would only deny the incident, otherwise why not tell me about it?? Definitely NOT the way to run a quality, caring "Dog Resort".

Description of Work
24 hour care while i was on vacation - please note the date is approximate

Category kennels

[Member Name Removed] I am So sorry to hear you were unhappy with our service. When dogs play together in daycare sometimes they do bite one another. We watch them very carefully. It only takes one second for something to happen and I am so sorry for your experience. Of course I would care that your dog was hurt I would have refunded your stay and payed for your veterinarian bill. We ask parents for their permission to play because things like this do happen and we can and do not guarantee anything as we are dealing with animals. Again I am very sorry you are unhappy. Shana

10/27/2015

Roberto C.

10/14/2015

Jerre W.

05/14/2015

Jennifer K.

Description of Work
Another great stay for my little guy! They even arranged for him to be delivered home to me since I would be arriving in town close to closing time. There was a small confusion with the wonderful couple who brought my baby home, but it all worked out wonderfully in the end. |My boss's dog had been under a lot of stress recently since the loss of her brother, so I recommended she spend time socializing with new friends here. So far, so good. Shana's whole team is the best!

01/21/2015

ALEXIS C.

Description of Work
Took care of baby for 3 days when I picked him up he was clean they bathed him he played a made many friends in there play park

Category kennels,pet grooming

11/04/2014

Chris K.

We have brought our dog here for boarding several times and it has always been a pleasant experience. They take great care of him. A beautiful facility!

Description of Work
Boarding services

11/04/2014

Russ K.

The staff is always friendly and knowledgable. My dog is well taken care of and happy. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Description of Work
Pet Boarding

10/15/2014

John S.

Description of Work
They were excellent in their care and I could get in touch with them while my |dogs were there.

09/11/2014

Jennifer K.

My very particular pup is a rescue and although we've been together for years, he still gets nervous in new situations and around new people and animals. I checked out a number of boarding facilities before finding LV Dog Resort. I'd only ever left my dog with friends before and was very nervous and discouraged by my experiences with certain other facilities. Some were quite assertive toward me, indicating that dogs should always be in a pack and not given private space when other dogs are present, or restricting what belongings I could bring to make him feel at home. As far as I'm concerned, if anyone limits what I can bring because they won't be responsible for its loss or damage, I don't want them to be responsible for the health, wellbeing and safety of my boy. I knew right away that LV Dog Resort was best suited for our needs. I love that he can be taken to his own private suite if he's feeling overwhelmed during daycare, and that he sleeps there at night with his own belongings. He's an "only child" at home and used to plenty of undisturbed time. He's a definite mama's boy and despite my efforts, doesn't generally want to meet new dogs when I'm around. I'd often wondered if he would socialize more without me present and from what his babysitters tell me, he makes TONS of friends when I'm not around. I almost wouldn't believe it, but Shana (Owner) sends me photo updates via text since I don't have Facebook where they are usually posted. He always looks happy in the crowd and comes home sleepy from all of the excitement of the day.

Description of Work
Daycare and Boarding

04/17/2014

Richard C.

04/15/2014

Suzette O.

My dogs did not want to leave! They obviously felt at home and had made great friends with some of the other dogs staying during Spring Break. The staff was very friendly. I called once a day to check on my dogs and the staff was happy to give me a full report how my babies were doing.

Description of Work
provide overnight and doggy day care for several of my dogs over our Spring Break vacation

04/04/2014

Mona I.

It was reasonable. They were highly recommended, like my dogs, and very well taken care of.

Description of Work
They board my dogs.

03/27/2014

marge B.

spoke to Heidi and Shana several times and went to see the place before making a reservation. They were very accommodating and forthcoming with information. The "hotel" has spacious suites, large enough for my 2 greyhounds and there is always someone on site 24/7 for supervision. They took photos of the dogs so the staff would know who they were and they entered all the feeding information into their computers. Very professional. I had an Angies List coupon which helped with the pricing. I called once to check on them and Shana was reassuring. When I went to pick them up, all the staff seemed to have great things to say. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Provided boarding for my 2 dogswhile I was away

03/26/2014

Joseph I.

They were terrific, definitely an A. For our purposes, the price is reasonable. They were great. They give us good 2 other places. And also, they have rooms for the dog individually, which our dog needs to have. And because she had trained them, it worked out beautifully. They have Pekingese dog. When we have one die, we will not ever going to get another dog and this one was a rescue. They have just been the sweetest dog. She is a very good dog.

Description of Work
I have used LV Dog Resort & Daycare. They boarded our dog for us.

03/12/2014

Ronda C.

We first visited LV Dog Resort and Daycare, we noticed it was different than most kennels we had visited before. There are two large play areas, one for bigger dogs and one for small dogs...where they can play and socialize. The second thing we noticed is that the kennels are actually large "bedrooms"...even with beds, and tvs! The rooms are private and have large rod iron gates in front so the dogs can see out and staff can see in...but the dogs are not right next to other dogs. I think this is important if you have pampered quiet dogs, that are not quite used to the barking that happens in kennels...they get some "peaceful" time as well here! We first took our pets to the daycare facility to see how they would socialize with other dogs and to get a feel for the type of care they would receive. It went beautifully! They did good after getting used to being around the other dogs, and slept great that night. The next time we took them in for boarding, they walked right in with no anxiety or fear. Heidi and the staff are very pleasant, and the pick up and drop off hours are convenient. We will definitely use LV Dog Resort and Daycare again!

Description of Work
We were out of town and had to board our two very spoiled and pampered pooches...and everyone was really great in taking care of them. Heidi calmed our anxiety about leaving them, since this was the first time...and all of the staff is very friendly and attentive.

02/12/2014

ALEXIS C.

08/17/2013

Jeri F.

I love LV Dogs! The entire place is immaculate. My dogs love going there so much that they start getting excited when we're about 3 blocks away. The staff treats my dogs as they would their own. Gracie and Roxy love playing with the other dogs in the play area. After trying many places in Las Vegas, I've been a loyal client of LV Dogs for more than 2 years. When I pick my dogs up, they're happy, and I know that they've had a great time. Where else can I take my dogs where they can sleep in a bed at night and get their night time biscuits? Shana and Heidi are simply the best.

Description of Work
I boarded both of my dogs for a week plus had my terrier groomed.

Category kennels,pet grooming

06/30/2013

Ron B.

We moved to the area from Colorado and due to the excessive heat and complications of moving we were referred to the Lv Dog Resort by our realtor. We arrived late in the afternoon, after normal business hours. When we finally arrived after a long drive the front desk help was more than courteous and helpful. Both of our dogs have never been away from us and we were very hesitant about leaving them. But the staff fully understood and listened to our concerns and addressed them. We left our dogs in a "suite" with the fully capable staff expecting a phone call to come within a day to come pick them up. They were in there for three days and loved it! Whenever we or them need a little vacation I'll be sure to take them to Lv Dog Resort! They truly are the best around!

Description of Work
Provided special care for our two dogs.

05/14/2013

Jeffrey R.

LV Dog Resort & Daycare treated the dog very well. The dog was pretty happy when he left. We could see the dog when we needed to or wanted to.

Description of Work
We took our dog to LV Dog Resort & Daycare for boarding.

04/02/2013

Jared D.

Our pups are like our children so when it came to looking for a boarding establishment for them we did our research. This brought us to LVDR&D. When we arrived and were greeted by Heidi with a smile we knew right then and there we had found the spot for our puppies. Heidi along with Shana were very polite, kind and great with our dogs. They gave us a tour of their first class dog resort and did not hide anything. Heck we even saw the broom closets. Our dogs were at ease upon meeting the staff and went into their suite without issue. When we picked them up we could tell they were not stressed at all and had a great time. The facility is manned 24/7 and under surveillance by the owner nonstop. You can tell she expects her employees to be of the highest caliber and take care of all their furry clients as they were their very own. We will not hesitate to recommend or use them for our future needs for boarding our pups when we need to.

Description of Work
We used them for boarding our dogs while we took a mini vacation.

04/01/2013

Kate H.

We LOVE this place (so does our pup) ! It's the only place we will board him. He's been going there since they opened in 2009. It's nice to be able to travel and not go to pieces worrying over where he is and how he's being treated and if he's happy... They play with him, pamper him, love him ... He plays with other little pups his own size all day and sleeps in a large, roomy suite at night. The whole staff is wonderful and Heidi, the manager, is the absolute BEST. We really appreciate that the same people have been there for so long. I think that makes it easier for our pup to feel safe and at home! We highly recommend them for boarding and for doggie day care too!!

Description of Work
boarding, doggie day care

03/19/2013

Laura M.

My little dog Tuvi is not just a pet. She is family. Years ago I put the two dogs we owned at the time in a kennel for a brief 3 day trip. It broke my heart seeing the cages they would spend the bulk of their time in, but I had no alternative. In recent years, with a new and equally cherished dog, I felt there was no alternative, but instead of caging the little girl, my husband and I agreed that one of us would always remain home with her while the other was out of town. That was fine for business trips, but not ideal for vacations. I was excited, but leery when a friend told us about your facility. A television? Her own spacious and furnished room? At first I thought this was a bit over the top. But the more I thought about it I realized this was exactly what I wanted ... what I would have wanted for my own children when they were young ... and what our little canine child deserved. The pristine accomodations and caring and professional staff in a secure environment convinced me that I now had an alternative. You truly have a wonderful facility and it is finally a relief to know that Tuvi has a home away from home. Thank you for such a wonderful idea and for hiring the type of people who really care about their canine guests.

Description of Work
She had her own beautiful suite with TV and snacks. But she was not left on her own throughout the stay. She explored the puppy park and had a play pal ... and even was included in a ball catching contest. And to top it off ... after plenty of exercise ... she had a bath.

03/18/2013

Bruce A.

My dog (Frisky) LOVES this place and so do I! Heidi the manager and Shana Davis were very kind and professional. I was a little nervous my first time at LV Dog Hotel because Frisky nips sometimes when he is nervous. You can tell the entire staff are major animal lovers as am I, they made him feel like he was at home. This place is spotless and that is very important to me, Im a neat freak. I scheduled the Boarding Special and the suite that Frisky got to stay in was amazing, very cool! I travel quite a bit and its great to know Shana is just down the street and Frisky actually gets excited when we arrive in the parking lot. God bless LV Dog Hotel, there is nothing like it in town! Bruce Anderson

Description of Work
Boarding Special, the works...

Animal Boarding Kennels