Lin Air Service Co

Founded 1970 • With Angi since May 2006

Family owned & operated. Ask about Angie's List discount. Additional DBA - Lin - Air....

HVAC Companies (418)air duct cleaning (14)window replacement (1)

12/04/2020

Amber M.

We noticed a stain on the ceiling and worried we had a plumbing leak, but a plumber advised us to contact an AC company after a quick inspection and saw the pans that capture the condensation were at a weird angle and weren't attached properly to the line. He recommended Lin Air, and we were happy to contact them as we'd used the same company in our old house and they did a great job. Lin Air sent two men to check on the unit and they gave us worse news than we expected. They'd taken at least a dozen or so pictures of the set up in the roof and it was a disaster. The motors were not properly hung at all and the bearings and such were shot, also the electrical wiring was not done correctly and the condensation pans weren't even connected. The only reason we hadn't seen more staining is because we live in a dry state. The owner of the company, Brent, reached out to us and advised us to contact the company who did the install and to the maker of the AC unit to see if they'd make it right for us since the job was so bad (we bought the house after this first install so we had to do a bit of research). We hit a lot of brick walls on that and reached back out to Lin Air and Brent gave us a good price and explained everything he needed to do and why. His crew came out, set up, worked cleanly and quickly to replace both outside AC units, suspend the motors properly in the roof space, make sure the electrical was correct, make sure the pans were connected and did the thermostat install as well. Brent came out and spoke with us during this time and came back one more time to chat with us about the install and go over some of the details of registering the units (a critical factor if you have an AC install). I would absolutely recommend Lin Air to anyone. They worked quickly and efficiently and went over everything with us after the fact.

Description of Work
Complete air conditioner/heating unit replacement

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Thank You so much [Member Name Removed]. Good doing business with such great people.

10/16/2020

Robert C.

Maintenance time needed scheduling. Discussing adding a Vent cleaning with Camile proved to be extremely helpful. She suggested that during our bi-annual inspection/checkup with Dave in Nov., Dave will provide advice as to the need for vent cleaning. This answer was perfect!! Imagine no pre-judgement and no salesperson and free estimates. How refreshing!!! If you have a need for a Heater checkup, I would strongly recommend Linn Air. These factors are amazing! It is celebrating its’ 50 year anniversary. It is a family run business for these 50 years. I would recommend that you will be very pleased with Linn Air!

Description of Work
We have been with Linn Air and Dave for almost 10 years. They have proved to be totally professional, extremely honest, and very reliable. I get their maintenance plan twice a year.

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

[Member Name Removed] Thank You so much for taking the time to submit your review and for your kind words. It is a pleasure to serve you and all of our customers.

09/05/2020

Steven F.

My home has two a/c units and the smaller of the two decided to stop working last night. It wasn't a crisis situation since it only affected the master bedroom and bath. This morning I contacted Lin-Air and was happily surprised when I was able to get someone to come out within three hours for the repairs. Considering it was a Saturday and a holiday weekend, I expected to hear I'd have to schedule a service call for Tuesday at the earliest. Roy arrived and quickly determined it was a bad capacitor and took care of the issue quickly and also did a courtesy check on the larger a/c unit that was running ok. We also discussed the possibility of replacing this a/c system since it's more than 15yrs old now. He was very receptive to answering all my questions and didn't try using any scare tactics to push me into buying a new system right away. He was open and honest with me about potential problems I might start experiencing given the age of the units. He also explained to me when a better time of the year would be to invest in a new a/c system that would offer better pricing. I appreciated Roy's candor and honesty with me. He's a very personable, nice fellow who I would entrust with my future a/c needs. This was the first time I have used this company. Lin-Air met all my expectations and then some for this holiday weekend. I would recommend them at this time based on their quick response time, professionalism, and seemingly fair price.

Description of Work
A bad A/C capacitor needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

06/02/2020

Craig P.

It Went Great. They checked both A/C units for performance and replaced all my air filters (which I provided). Given that both of the units are very old, I was grateful that there were no performance issues for the time being. Both technicians were very personable, knowledgeable and efficient. The price for the check-up was very reasonable. On my request, I was given a quote for replacing both systems, for when I am ready to do so.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner "Summer Tune-up".

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

07/10/2018

Laurie L.

it was fantastic. Lance responded immediately. Within an hour of my call his guys were measuring to make sure everything would fit. The unit I requested would not work, he let me know right away and gave me options. The team was there 1 1/2 hours early to get installed. This is the second house I used them on and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
New Roof a/c heat pump

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

06/06/2018

Tom C.

We have used Lin-Air a few times, and twice for A/C Unit Replacement. This new unit is so quiet you can barely hear it run when your 10 feet away. They are always on time, clean workers, and quality work. I suppose you can always find someone to do the job for less is that's your goal, but you won't find anyone better.

Description of Work
Replace 15 year old A/C unit.

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

05/20/2018

keith G.

They were first-class in every regard. That’s why this was the third time we used Lin Air to install three systems in two houses over nearly ten years. We first became aware of them through Angie’s List in 2009. Their great customer reviews drew us to them back then, and our personal experience with them since then has made us loyal fans. We don’t quit winners! So, “How did it go?” It went great, just like the first two times.

Description of Work
Entire new replacement system for ground floor of a two-story home.

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

04/10/2018

Mitch M.

Excellent Done when promised, no hidden costs, very professional. Did follow ups, very satisfied. Thanks guys

Description of Work
New A/C unit

Work Completed On 01/02/2018

11/08/2017

Michael M.

Dave and Terri were great. Would hire again no doubt.

Description of Work
Motor on heat and a/c fan.

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

10/27/2017

Joseph B.

It went well, everything was done properly and professionally, a needed repair was found and corrected as well and for a fair price

Description of Work
Clean and sanitize my HVAC

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

08/01/2017

richard C.

Very good here in Las Vegas. I got them from Angie's List so I never had to go anywhere else. It isn't special, anyone can do these things. I just stick with the same company because why not. They haven't disappointed me yet. The price is fine. There is always a 2-3 hour window of time, they are never late. I will use them again. I just tried them out because of Angie's List, and one of my friends had them. Angie's List isn't 100% as you know, and this one has worked out for at least 9 years. The big problem here in Vegas is quality not price. So, the problem here is sometimes people do things for you and then you have to call someone else to fix it. It is a disaster as you are not going to get your money back. So, the one thing that stands out is reliability. Lin Air is a high end service from the rich area of Vegas called Henderson. You are not going to have any problems with them. If there iss a probloem, they are gong to come back out and fix it, but I have never had to have them come back. Other people, you don't know who they are, you have to take a chance here at one point and time, and hope the guy works out. I have been here a long time. You gotta take a chance, and if you are really happy you have to stay with them. Problem here is you don't get the owner. You don't get that in a city of 1.2 million people, so you don't know who you are going to get and they could have some bad people because other people are quitting. So, until something bad happens you hang on. You can't go on Angie's List or even word of mouth and guarantee yourself I've got the best blank in the city, or that LIn Air that I have had them all this time, in retrospect are probably one of the top 5 air conditioning places in town.

Description of Work
Annual AC Check-up

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

07/12/2017

Veronica B.

The work was done quickly and he was very professional. I didn't feel like I was taken advantage of like I have felt before by other companies. I would definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
Outside Fan bearings had to be replaced.

Work Completed On 06/17/2017

06/07/2017

Ronald A.

Perfectly. The installation team arrived on time and completed the work in a timely and professional manner. The foreman on the job kept me informed of the progress, and, where decisions were required -- like where the new thermostats had a different, i.e., smaller, footprint leaving exposed bare wall -- consulted me rather than just installing and leaving me to discover it on my own. I am most pleased that Lin Air will now become my new annual heating and air conditioning maintenance service provider. One of the best installation and service provider I have encountered in my 13 years living in Las Vegas.

Description of Work
Lin Air replaced two entire heating and air conditioning systems, including the air handling units in the attic. Included was a check and repair of the ducts, which deliver the hot and cold air throughout the house. This significantly reduced the heat and cold loss that occurs when gaps develop, due to age, at the joints in the duct work. This has resulted in a noticeable improvement in the cooling efficiency. Also replaced were the two thermostats.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

04/19/2017

Linda W.

We've been with them for years. To tell you the truth, we wouldn't have anybody else. I don't really care about the price as long as we get good service. That's all we're asking and they always provide it. The quality is very high. When you call their office, they are very courteous. When they tell you they'll have somebody out to your house, the person is there. They are usually almost always on time. If they are not on time, they are early. We've never been dissatisfied.

Description of Work
We have them come out every year, twice a year when it's coming up to hot weather to check our cooling unit and when it starts getting cooler we have them come out and check our heating. We've had an a/c replacement one time. They were the folks that did it. They have serviced our air conditioners ever since we moved into this house when it was brand new and that was in 1978, I think it was. He just came out to check to see what shape our unit was in. Once in a while, we've had to have a bearing replaced or something.

Work Completed On 03/19/2017

04/04/2017

Julianne M.

I already referred somebody to them, and they are using them now too. The workers were just fine, they were very knowledgeable. They explained things to me when I had a question about something.

Description of Work
They installed a new air conditioning.

Work Completed On 03/22/2017

03/31/2017

Robert C.

They come out every year. They are thorough. A year ago, we had to have a part for our air conditioner. We didn't have any a/c upstairs and it was hot outside. They came to our house within a day or so because they didn't want us to be uncomfortable for too long. They have always been punctual and professional. I have always liked them.

Description of Work
They did our air conditioning and furnace check up.

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

03/25/2017

Faith G.

Awesome! Arrived on time. The crew were so organized, professional and polite!! They left my house in perfect condition. Explained everything to me! Super company. Have used them for 40+ years.

Description of Work
Install new A/C and heater.

Work Completed On 03/25/2017

03/21/2017

Leah H.

It was a very expensive adventure. It would have cost over $11,000 to replace the whole unit. They were able to change the cooling system and hook it into our heating system. I think around $4,500.

Description of Work
We had two units and our smaller one burnt down. We had a whole new coil system put in because they can no longer use the type of coolants that can go into the air conditioning, it needed to be changed to where all air conditioners had to have this new system. They put in a whole new air conditioning coil system and coolant for us. Then repaired the larger air conditioning unit, the motor in it. They were able to keep it.

Work Completed On 03/21/2016

03/21/2017

Barbara W.

I always use Lin Air. I wouldn't use anyone else. They've installed my AC unit, my brother-n-laws, my mothers. They are prompt, they are honest. They go out of their way to make sure everything functions properly. They don't over charge you, or tell you you need something when you don;t. Their very upfront. The check ups last about 30 minutes. They 100% clean up after. The workers are spectacular.

Description of Work
They performed a service check up.

Work Completed On 09/21/2016

03/09/2017

Eileen B.

They have been really good and I have had no problem with them. They are the best. Very good experience, I had no complaints.

Description of Work
Installed new air conditioner.

Work Completed On 03/09/2015

03/02/2017

Robert B. B.

Very well. I saved money by having this done in the early Spring when systems back up at the distributor and by getting an AL discount. Installation was done very professionally.

Description of Work
After 21 years, I decided that it was time to replace my home's ac and heating system.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

Thank You Robert. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

02/16/2017

Doreen M.

The work took about 3-4 hours. Two persons came out.

Description of Work
I got a new A/C.

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

Thank You for submitting your review.

02/05/2017

Steven R.

Service was above and beyond great!! From the initial quote to final install, everyone in this company took their time explaining the options and answering all my concerns. They made sure the job was done on time and correctly. Totally satisfied!!

Description of Work
HVAC replacement