Kemet Electric LLC

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2006

Kemet Electric is an owner operated company. I Kamau Bakari will personally be on each job at your service. You will have 30 years of my electric expertise and 17 years of owning and operating Kemet Electric. I have extensive experience of working closely with interior designers/decorators. For example centering chandeliers over tables, installing new sconces, also centering vanity lights over sinks. With my stock of large ladders I can install on 20 foot ceilings. I also provide free estimates and am a native of Las Vegas. . Additional email - kbakari@cox.net....

A Service Provider's profile image

electrician (253)ceiling fan installation (67)lighting (65)home security systems (3)window treatment (2)HVAC Companies (2)

03/14/2021

Richard S.

Very good. Did what I needed and when it worked for me.

Description of Work
Ran 240v circuit

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

03/08/2021

Gary G.

I called to make an appointment for someone to come out, look at my situation and give me an estimate on some outdoor lighting. The guy on the phone, whose name I cannot pronounce, started questioning me. "Are the lights outside?" "Did you replace the bulbs?" "That's usually the problem." He wanted to troubleshoot the problem on the phone instead of coming out to actually look at my lights and see what I needed. It's no wonder they offer free estimates, they won't even look at the job and give you an estimate!

Description of Work
Repair or replace outdoor lighting

Category lighting

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

02/24/2021

George C.

After requesting quotes from Angie's List, Mr. Bakari showed up the same day. He explained what the job entailed and gave the most reasonable quote compared to other Angie's List electricians. As soon as we received the pendants, we called him, and he was able to squeeze us in the same day! (he sensed our excitement in having the pendants installed). Like a true professional, he installed our pendants. He did not charge us extra even after we slightly changed the pendant locations causing him more work. He will be our electrician for life! I highly recommend him. We are now thinking of having him install pendants over the kitchen island.

Description of Work
Installation of 3 pendant lights on 20 ft ceiling at foyer

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

01/28/2021

Nell M.

Ok..repaired fixture that was not working. Put In longer lasting tubes.

Description of Work
Kitchen lighting

08/04/2020

Suzy C.

All was exceptional PS I put the crystals on the fan after Kamau finished installing the fan.

Description of Work
Kamau did an excellent job taking down the existing ceiling fan in our master bedroom & installing them new fan. He can prepared with his tools , a drop cloth, booties to cover his shoes & wore a mask as required by the state. I plan on hiring Kamau for other jobs in the near future. His is now my electrician for as long as I live in Vegas! He is a great conversationalist & very knowledgeable about history, one of his passions.

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

Review for Kemet Electric LLC - 556 N Eastern, Las Vegas, NV - 38771861

07/07/2020

James M.

I needed 2 track lights installed in the kitchen.

Description of Work
The men did excellent work and were very professional. They gave us suggestions in the future to use recessed lighting instead. At my request, he even screwed in the bracket for the ceiling fan that I was having trouble with. His price quotes were very reasonable, I would hire him back in a heartbeat

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

06/24/2020

Ted W.

Impressed. Usually I have to clean up and patch or touch up areas. Kamau did an excellent job and I didn’t have any touch up to do

Description of Work
Hard wire 3 rooms for ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

06/04/2020

George M.

Very efficient, was able to to move from task to task quickly and was very friendly too.

Description of Work
Installation of ceiling fan, installation of 3 pendant lamps, repair of existing ceiling fan

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

03/16/2020

Margot B.

I have used this company to do electrical work for my house for several years. I have a very high atrium, so I call him whenever I need something done which is high up, and for other projects as well. Previously, this included installing a new fire alarm unit, and a chandelier. On his last visit, I had him install a new wall outlet. On that same visit, I was considering moving a wall-switch. However, he gave me some good advice on what I might do about the issue instead. He was totally willing to do the work, however, I appreciated that he would offer the alternative not involving his company. Kamau, the owner, is also quite personable, and I always look forward to interacting with him. I recommend his company highly.

Description of Work
Addition of a wall outlet.

Category electrician, lighting, home security systems

Work Completed On 03/15/2020

10/19/2019

Michelle R.

I needed 3 ceiling fans installed. My bedrooms didn't have light fixtures installed in the ceilings, so I knew this meant having someone go into the attic and run electrical wire. I received quotes from at least 4 different electricians. Kemet Electric was the one I chose, as he was the most down to earth and had a great price. Kamau, the owner, got everything done in a single day. Some of the fans gave him a hard time, and one of the remote controls didn't work. He came back as soon as I had a replacement and installed it for me at no extra charge. He did great work, didn't leave a mess, and is a great person. Thanks, Kemet/Kamau!

Description of Work
Install 3 Ceiling Fans

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

10/03/2019

hitoshi H.

SUPER FIRST SERVICE, COMPLETE DONE, ON TIME WORKING RECOMMEND FOR EVERYBODY , VERY HONEST GUY AAAAA +++++

Description of Work
CHANGE DRYER OUTLET LAUNDRY ROOM

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

09/20/2019

David B.

Went excellent! Not a complex operation. The gentleman showed up, I showed him the location of the sub-panel, he grabbed a breaker off of his truck in the panel, pull the doubled wire, relanded it on the new breaker on he was off.

Description of Work
Installation of a new breaker to properly land a wire that was doubled on another breaker.

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

02/13/2019

Rose B.

Mr. Bakari was prompt, professional, neat and very efficient. He completed rewired the existing light fixtures and installed the LED bulbs he provided faster than I could clean the light covers. He built and installed the fan that included a light kit on the patio in record time despite having to make alterations to the stucco ceiling. His prices are very competitive and his work is outstanding. While here, he looked at the current lighting in my kitchen (inefficient can lights) and noted that the down rod on the very large/very heavy ceiling fan in the great room was too long for safety. He suggested alternatives & provided a cost estimate. He will be returning to install recessed lighting in my kitchen and to install a down rod the correct length. When you call Kemet Electric, you get Mr. Bakari, who gets back to you timely. If you have to wait for an appointment, keep in mind that he is well worth the wait for a job priced right and well done.

Description of Work
I have 3 fluorescent lights in laundry room and closet; wanted to have them update to LED and have a recently purchased patio ceiling fan installed.

Work Completed On 02/12/2019

12/08/2018

debra B.

Excellent He was amazing He was my on time professional and the price was right, He will always be the company I call for electrical work,,

Description of Work
I needed my chandelier rehung

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 12/08/2018

10/08/2018

Mark G.

This issue took place over two visits. This first visit verified that the outlet was actually ok, so I paid their minimum of $75 for the service. When they left, the circuit failed so they came out again and discovered their were loose and poor connections throughout the line. Our technician went through the line and re-worked all the connections. This took two hours and they were kind enough to apply the original $75 toward the 2hrs this required to repair. I monitored the work and it was excellent, professionally done and the line and outlet have worked perfectly ever since the work was completed. I will use them again for any electrical issues and I recommend this company highly.

Description of Work
We had a bad circuit and AC/breaker outlet.

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

09/21/2018

DAVID B.

He provided excellent service, he was on time and worked cleanly. He gave a fair estimate and kept to his quote.

Description of Work
Replace chandelier 19' ceiling

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

09/04/2018

GLENN V.

The electrician was very professional. He answered my phone call in person, not with voice mail. He was able to come by my home and complete the repair almost immediately. He was skilled, courteous and the price was quite reasonable. I'll call Kemet for the next job.

Description of Work
Replace a circuit breaker

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

09/01/2018

Derrell J.

Great. He got us in right away. Was prompt and called when he was on his way. The work was done quickly. He was very personable, gave good advice as to our system. He is very experienced and is the business owner. will defiantly use his services again.+-

Description of Work
circuit breaker need to be replaced

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

06/28/2018

Andelyn O.

honest, knowledgable and agood price.

Description of Work
2 fans installed

Category ceiling fans

06/23/2018

Henry C.

Kamau did an amazing job wiring my older house for new Nest security cameras and a full doorbell installation. He made sure there were no ugly wires hanging around and did a spectacular job. I will definitely go to Kamau for any electrical needs in the future.

Description of Work
Wiring of security cameras and doorbell

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

06/20/2018

Lora C.

Incredibly well!!! My husband tried to assemble a ceiling fan in hopes of then installing it. He only made it through step 1 of assembly. We immediately reached out on Angie's List and Kamau responded to us within 10 minutes. He assembled & installed it the same day within hours of our call for help! He was extremely accommodating and pleasant. I highly recommend Kamau for all your electrical needs. His professionalism & standards are beyond exceptional!!!

Description of Work
Ceiling fan assembly & installation

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

06/14/2018

Anna P.

Kamau picked the phone right away every time I called. He accommodated me in his schedule , I was removing the gas fire place with electric pilot light, and huge mantel. After the demolition the wires were sticking out which prevented the contractor from putting up the dry wall. Also the electric outlets needed to be moved forward on newly added wooden construction before the dry wall could be added. The electric part of the job had to be done on two separate occasions. Kamau also fixed the switch in the bathroom for the vanity light. He completed the job very swiftly. I wish all the contractors were like that. THANKS KAMAU! I will hire him in the future!

Description of Work
Repositioning of electric outlets, taking out the wire and putting it in a different place.

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

06/08/2018

Brenda B.

I needed to hang my new ceiling fans and the electrical box was not compatible because of the screw spacing. He told me what to do over the phone which saved me a lot of money. He didn't have to do that. Doing business with honest professionals is not always easy to find. When I need electrical work in the future,

Description of Work
I called this guy to get a quote to exchange 2 electrical boxes.