All

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

J & L Construction

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2012

4.4

7640 Morning Water St

Las Vegas, NV 89149

Owner operated, you always get the owner!! Specializing in water damage, mold repairs and restoration. Remodeling services from economical to luxury. Will beat any price!! Free second opinions!!...

05/15/2020

Harold W.

Went well. Lewis provided a quote that was considerably lower than any other company for HVAC/Heating units that are Consumer Reports rated as the overall best. The workmen showed up within minutes of the arrival time I was told to expect them and got to work immediately. There was a concern during the process that the units had lower SEER ratings than what I had purchased, but Lewis put me in contact with the local distributor who assailed my concern. Installation went smooth and the units are working well. Cleanup was not so great as I had to loan them a broom, dustpan, and shop vacuum. I went behind them to clean the dust from behind the clothes washer and dryer in the laundry room where they accessed the attic. My wife and I then had to clean a bathroom adjacent to the laundry where dust had blown in through the a/c vent. I did advise Lewis who apologized and told me that he would advise the crew.

Description of Work
Install new HVAC/Heating units

Category bathtub refinishing, heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/15/2018

Sherry L.

I worked with Mold Remediation / J&L Construction when I had a leak in my upstairs bathrooms. The damage was quite severe and my insurance company would not pay for it. I needed new sub-floors, tile work - basically bathrooms rebuilt. From the beginning, Kelly was amazing. Kelly came out and gave me an estimate. He was honest with what I needed, went over all the options, and in the end gave me an extremely fair estimate. By far, the best estimate I received. His crew was amazing. They did a very high quality of work and felt comfortable having them in my home. After all the work was completed, he took the time to review the invoice and delivered on everything he promised. I can not recommend this company and their employees enough. I plan on using them for any future work I need. It was amazing to find honest people who care about their customers.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation and Restoration of Bathroom

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

05/11/2018

Clare O.

Promised an estimate within 2 days, it has been several weeks.no follow through, even though I made several calls.

Description of Work
Came in to evaluate the repairs, C

Category bathtub refinishing, drywall, remodeling, mold removal

12/02/2017

Katherine R.

Mold was fixed. Plumbing was fixed, and two bathrooms were repaired. Luis was always helpful . It cost more than we expected because so much needed to be done, but Miguel and his dad did excellent work. Everything is so much better than before. I am very happy we called Luis!!

Description of Work
Found black mold in the ceiling above the laundry room. Thought it was a plumbing problem in the shower above, ended up being much more extensive.

Category plumbing, remodeling, mold removal

11/13/2017

Frank K.

Better then expected . Truly great service and they know what they are doing. Very reliable company. They understand problems and always have a solution no matter what ..

Description of Work
Water Heater Broke and was leaking while away from home. Called J&L told them I was stuck at the airport for a few hours and would not be home until later but my Neighbor saw all the water coming out from the garage. They showed up within a Hour and was able to stop the water and save all my stuff in the garage from being damaged even more . By the time I made it home the whole garage was cleaned and drying from all the water . Replaced my water heater and fixed all the drywall and mold now my garage looks even better then before . Thank you So Much for all the quick response and taking care of everything.

Category handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, mold removal

10/25/2017

Lisa M.

Great. Mold is gone. Cabinets were put back together. All is well.

Description of Work
Mold removal from cabinet in kitchen next to sink.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, mold removal

09/21/2017

Joanna R.

After going to Angie's list, we called J & L Construction (and 2 other companies) to come out to tell us what had to be done to remove the mold, since we knew it grows so quickly --- we had no idea how to handle this. We had always heard how dangerous mold could be. Kelly, from J & L Construction, came on the same day we called. Punctual and professional. Kelly was the representative who showed up to give us an estimate and details of the process for repairs. He explained to us in full honesty that the quote was only an estimate, and could increase if more mold was found behind the shower or washer and dryer drywall. He had this amazing little machine that could detect the moisture behind he walls that was truly impressive to us (frightened homeowners). We realized we could not count on the machine as a determination of the full extent of the damage. That would be shown after his men tore into the walls. (We held our breath). Kelly was so friendly and personable, putting us right at ease, calming our fears and explaining in detail what they'd do, not to panic, and giving us confidence that his company would take care of everything. The two men who arrived (timely - every single day of the job) were magnificent. Ulyses and Jose were very nice, taking care not to make a mess from the awful disaster we were already confronted with. Their first endeavor was to put up heavy plastic to seal off the spores and residue from the interior of our home. They worked diligently, had the parts, the materials, paint, and supplies required to do the job satisfactorily. The job was even completed earlier than expected and came in below the estimate. We could not be more pleased with the service, business acumen, and professionalism of this company; but even more so, the quality of the people we dealt with. They are such caring and understanding individuals. Kelly told us that this was their expertise and we didn't have to worry about anything once they started the job and we instantly were able to put our minds at ease, trusting in their capabilities. We are without reservation, grateful we found this company on Angie's list.

Description of Work
We found a leak in the garage, with water damage and mold coming in through the walls to the laundry room. We panicked! The repair was made through our home owners policy, but we were left with 4 large holes in the wall (2 in the garage and 2 in the laundry room). The plumber informed us that he "does not repair the holes"; they only fix the hidden leak!!! We needed help to get the mold out of the walls and completed restoration.

Category drywall, home inspection, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, interior painters, mold removal

07/27/2017

Linda M.

My contact with Luis was long distance since I was out of town for an extended time, and all the work was done under the direction of a neighbor. Luis and/or his crew showed up promptly, worked diligently and completed the entire project (including the mold inspection by a third party) within three days. Mold was removed and the area treated, sheet rock was replaced, textured and painted, and finishing touches were attended to. My neighbor reported that the crew was professional, exacting, and accommodating to his schedule. He is "picky" and said he would gladly have J and L Construction in his home if he ever needs their services. I can't say enough about how easy Luis is to work with: he tells you what to expect and follows through to the letter! He really is as good as all the reviews state!!!!

Description of Work
I had an undetected water leak from my manifold which resulted in water damage and mold in the wall between my laundry room and den. After getting bids from a plumber, a mold removal outfit, and a carpenter to restore the area, I checked Angie's List and stumbled on Luis and J and L Construction.......what a lucky find for me! Though I had already had a contract with the plumber, Luis unbid the others for the mold removal and wall reconstruction and initiated work immediately...literally "next day" service!

Category home inspection, remodeling, interior painters, mold removal

07/24/2017

Raymond R.

I had a difficult time communicating with him, and he was asking me all kinds of questions. He was scheduled to come out this morning, and when he didn't show up, I called to see what happened. When I spoke with him, he told me his boss said that Angie's list posted the offer without their authorization and to get a refund. It would have been nice if he would have called me instead of just not showing up.

Description of Work
I purchased their Angie's List deal $99 Outdoor Hose Faucet Replacement or Shut-Off Valve

07/24/2017

George L.

It didn't go. I wanted to like this guy, I really did. He was responsive when I first purchased the Big Deal and we set an appointment. He never showed up. Not only that but he never contacted me in any way to say he wasn't coming or to reschedule the appointment. I waited at home all afternoon and evening for nothing. I periodically checked my phone, texts, and emails. Nothing. I politely emailed him to reschedule and he never responded. Very disappointing.

Description of Work
Angie's Big Deal outside hose faucet repair

Category plumbing, remodeling

03/03/2017

D. S. D.

IMPRESSIVE. Wanted an inspection. Luis Jones arrived the next day and on time. Looked at our concern. To my surprise, he said we really did not need to spend any money on it. It wasn't a danger. That's impressive. A contractor who wasn't trying to sell me something I didn't need. We are keeping J & L Construction in mind for the future.

Description of Work
Mold inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, mold removal

01/09/2017

Yon H.

It's been nearly 2 months since my install and all I can say is WOW. Firstly, I would like to comment Luis and his crew for their professionalism. Second, I would like to say that I am still wowed by their craftsmanship. They converted and re-framed my living room window into french doors by removing the window and re-framing the door area. They also had to re-wire the outlet and added (2) exterior patio lights and an exterior outlet. Then They had to drywall the inside and re-stucco the exterior. Amazing work that you can see in the photos. Luis and crew also remedied some mold in my garage and re-drywalled and texture that as well. I will be calling Luis for a couple odd jobs, such as verifying my A/C condenser in the summertime. Thanks Again to J&L Construction!

Description of Work
Convert regular window into French Doors Remove mold in garage

Category electrician, remodeling, mold removal

12/30/2016

Gerald B.

I liked the fact that they did the work that they said they would do. They were easy to work with.

Description of Work
They did some remodeling work for me in Las Vegas. It was bathroom and bedroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

12/06/2016

Rose K.

Professional and personable, great job..

Description of Work
plumbing repairs and new RO System

09/28/2016

Kenneth M.

We set up an appointment and he never showed up. I called him twice that morning to see if he was still coming and he never responded, so I asked for a refund from Angie's list.

Description of Work
I needed faucets replaced.

08/10/2016

Connor G.

I had my home remodeled about two years ago including the bathrooms. Apparently they had used regular drywall instead of the concrete based sheet rock they were suppose to use in the bathrooms. Over time I noticed the paint rippling and mold began to appear. That's when I called J&L he was kind and courteous and came out right away on time. His estimate was fair for the amount of work being done and the work was performed in a timely manner and came out great. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Removed mold within the walls of my bathroom due to the wrong drywall being installed.

Category mold removal

08/10/2016

Gavin H.

I was there for most of the work being done and I am absolutely impressed with the quality of work done. The work was done well and looks exceptionally clean. I am genuinely impressed and will be using J & L for anything I can in the future!

Description of Work
After I backed my car into the water pipes in the garage, mold began to grow and the drywall began to crumble. J & L replaced the moldy drywall and got all pipes back in working order!

Category mold removal

05/27/2016

Francheska L.

They were not on time and they took too long.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for J & L Construction. They installed a wall fixture.

05/26/2016

Wesley L.

It went okay. I guess I had a little misunderstanding about the billing. He was supposed to have an inspection plus so many dollars credit for work that needed to be done and when he gave me his invoice it didn't show that credit and I had to go and ask about it. They explained it but it wasn't on the invoice. They already netted it out instead of showing it on the invoice. In my garage, I had some water damage and they replaced it. The work was fine, I just had to go chase around and ask where's my credit. The explanation wasn't very clear and the way the invoice was written up didn't show in detail how he broke out the price. I know the guy had to go out and buy materials and it took a little longer. Basically, his numbers didn't add up on the invoice but he gave me a total amount at the bottom and I said ok, my Angie's Coupon said I should be getting a credit, I don't see that. He said he already netted that in for you. I thought that was kind of suspicious.

Description of Work
I used a Big Deal with J & L Construction.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

03/16/2016

Jeannie H.

Mr. Jones was professional and prompt. His quote was reasonable. He was knowledgable about what our house needed. His crew was also skilled, polite and fast. We were very happy with the result and the business. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They changed out a couple of toilets, tiled the bathroom floor, painted the family room wall, installed another outlet in the bathroom and repaired and took out the popcorn ceiling in our family room.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, water damage restoration, mold removal

Thank you!

02/23/2015

Brian F.

I scheduled an appointment shortly after purchase and needed to reschedule. I was never able to get in touch with the service provider after that; left multiple messages and was never called back.

Description of Work
I purchased a coupon for a comprehensive inspection and leak assesment.

02/13/2015

David T.

Tried to book the appt , individual doing the service left the company. How can you rate Angie's list. They sold the bogus service.

Description of Work
Nothing

11/04/2014

william L.

I didnt use the deal because this company is TERRIBLE! They never answered their phones or called me back from any of the messages I left. They didnt get back with me or even acknowledge my purchase.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for home water leak assessment and comprehensive plumbing inspection.

10/31/2014

JOHN E.

Company email me and said "we are busy for the next 2 months.

10/31/2014

JOHN E.

J & L construction never contacted me.

R W MECHANICAL INC

You can put your trust in RW Mechanical Inc. We provide personal service and exceptional quality for commercial, industrial, and residential markets in the Las Vegas Nevada Community. All of our services and products are guaranteed. We have been in business for over 14 years. RW Mechanical Inc. services all major brands in the commercial, industrial, and residential market. Our unparalleled service, competitive prices, and overall value In the Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration industry are why our loyal customers won't go anywhere else. We look forward to serving you!

Bulldog Air Conditioning and Heating LLC

At Bulldog Air Conditioning and Heating LLC our goal is to provide our clients with reliable heating and cooling systems with the highest quality customer service. Provide good jobs, safe working conditions and benefits for our employees while making a fair profit. Quick Response & Prompt Service! Busy? We understand. That’s why we respond to your call within hours, not days. If you need service at your home or business, we work with you to schedule a service call that’s as quick and convenient as possible. Once your service call is scheduled, we’ll be at your front door on time and ready to work. https://www.bulldogaclv.com/

Nevada
    Nevada state contractors board
    12/10/2021
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Water damage & mold experts, flooring, cabinets, electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, concrete repair. Gas leaks, water restoration, mold remediation, Commercial and residential AC, Plumbing, Complete bathroom & kitchen remodeling, Cabinets, Granite & marble counter tops, Custom stone and tile work, Commercial Refrigeration, Wine cellar construction, Basements, Sidewalks, Patios, Driveways, Concrete repairs