All

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

J & L Construction

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2012

4.4

7640 Morning Water St

Las Vegas, NV 89149

Owner operated, you always get the owner!! Specializing in water damage, mold repairs and restoration. Remodeling services from economical to luxury. Will beat any price!! Free second opinions!!...

05/15/2020

Harold W.

Went well. Lewis provided a quote that was considerably lower than any other company for HVAC/Heating units that are Consumer Reports rated as the overall best. The workmen showed up within minutes of the arrival time I was told to expect them and got to work immediately. There was a concern during the process that the units had lower SEER ratings than what I had purchased, but Lewis put me in contact with the local distributor who assailed my concern. Installation went smooth and the units are working well. Cleanup was not so great as I had to loan them a broom, dustpan, and shop vacuum. I went behind them to clean the dust from behind the clothes washer and dryer in the laundry room where they accessed the attic. My wife and I then had to clean a bathroom adjacent to the laundry where dust had blown in through the a/c vent. I did advise Lewis who apologized and told me that he would advise the crew.

Description of Work
Install new HVAC/Heating units

Category bathtub refinishing,heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/15/2018

Sherry L.

I worked with Mold Remediation / J&L Construction when I had a leak in my upstairs bathrooms. The damage was quite severe and my insurance company would not pay for it. I needed new sub-floors, tile work - basically bathrooms rebuilt. From the beginning, Kelly was amazing. Kelly came out and gave me an estimate. He was honest with what I needed, went over all the options, and in the end gave me an extremely fair estimate. By far, the best estimate I received. His crew was amazing. They did a very high quality of work and felt comfortable having them in my home. After all the work was completed, he took the time to review the invoice and delivered on everything he promised. I can not recommend this company and their employees enough. I plan on using them for any future work I need. It was amazing to find honest people who care about their customers.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation and Restoration of Bathroom

Category ceramic tile,drywall,plumbing,remodeling,water damage restoration,home remodeling,cabinet refacing

05/11/2018

Clare O.

Promised an estimate within 2 days, it has been several weeks.no follow through, even though I made several calls.

Description of Work
Came in to evaluate the repairs, C

Category bathtub refinishing,drywall,remodeling,mold removal

12/02/2017

Katherine R.

Mold was fixed. Plumbing was fixed, and two bathrooms were repaired. Luis was always helpful . It cost more than we expected because so much needed to be done, but Miguel and his dad did excellent work. Everything is so much better than before. I am very happy we called Luis!!

Description of Work
Found black mold in the ceiling above the laundry room. Thought it was a plumbing problem in the shower above, ended up being much more extensive.

Category plumbing,remodeling,mold removal

11/13/2017

Frank K.

Better then expected . Truly great service and they know what they are doing. Very reliable company. They understand problems and always have a solution no matter what ..

Description of Work
Water Heater Broke and was leaking while away from home. Called J&L told them I was stuck at the airport for a few hours and would not be home until later but my Neighbor saw all the water coming out from the garage. They showed up within a Hour and was able to stop the water and save all my stuff in the garage from being damaged even more . By the time I made it home the whole garage was cleaned and drying from all the water . Replaced my water heater and fixed all the drywall and mold now my garage looks even better then before . Thank you So Much for all the quick response and taking care of everything.

Category handyman service,heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,remodeling,water damage restoration,mold removal

10/25/2017

Lisa M.

Great. Mold is gone. Cabinets were put back together. All is well.

Description of Work
Mold removal from cabinet in kitchen next to sink.

Category remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,mold removal

09/21/2017

Joanna R.

After going to Angie's list, we called J & L Construction (and 2 other companies) to come out to tell us what had to be done to remove the mold, since we knew it grows so quickly --- we had no idea how to handle this. We had always heard how dangerous mold could be. Kelly, from J & L Construction, came on the same day we called. Punctual and professional. Kelly was the representative who showed up to give us an estimate and details of the process for repairs. He explained to us in full honesty that the quote was only an estimate, and could increase if more mold was found behind the shower or washer and dryer drywall. He had this amazing little machine that could detect the moisture behind he walls that was truly impressive to us (frightened homeowners). We realized we could not count on the machine as a determination of the full extent of the damage. That would be shown after his men tore into the walls. (We held our breath). Kelly was so friendly and personable, putting us right at ease, calming our fears and explaining in detail what they'd do, not to panic, and giving us confidence that his company would take care of everything. The two men who arrived (timely - every single day of the job) were magnificent. Ulyses and Jose were very nice, taking care not to make a mess from the awful disaster we were already confronted with. Their first endeavor was to put up heavy plastic to seal off the spores and residue from the interior of our home. They worked diligently, had the parts, the materials, paint, and supplies required to do the job satisfactorily. The job was even completed earlier than expected and came in below the estimate. We could not be more pleased with the service, business acumen, and professionalism of this company; but even more so, the quality of the people we dealt with. They are such caring and understanding individuals. Kelly told us that this was their expertise and we didn't have to worry about anything once they started the job and we instantly were able to put our minds at ease, trusting in their capabilities. We are without reservation, grateful we found this company on Angie's list.

Description of Work
We found a leak in the garage, with water damage and mold coming in through the walls to the laundry room. We panicked! The repair was made through our home owners policy, but we were left with 4 large holes in the wall (2 in the garage and 2 in the laundry room). The plumber informed us that he "does not repair the holes"; they only fix the hidden leak!!! We needed help to get the mold out of the walls and completed restoration.

Category drywall,home inspection,plumbing,remodeling,water damage restoration,interior painters,mold removal

07/27/2017

Linda M.

My contact with Luis was long distance since I was out of town for an extended time, and all the work was done under the direction of a neighbor. Luis and/or his crew showed up promptly, worked diligently and completed the entire project (including the mold inspection by a third party) within three days. Mold was removed and the area treated, sheet rock was replaced, textured and painted, and finishing touches were attended to. My neighbor reported that the crew was professional, exacting, and accommodating to his schedule. He is "picky" and said he would gladly have J and L Construction in his home if he ever needs their services. I can't say enough about how easy Luis is to work with: he tells you what to expect and follows through to the letter! He really is as good as all the reviews state!!!!

Description of Work
I had an undetected water leak from my manifold which resulted in water damage and mold in the wall between my laundry room and den. After getting bids from a plumber, a mold removal outfit, and a carpenter to restore the area, I checked Angie's List and stumbled on Luis and J and L Construction.......what a lucky find for me! Though I had already had a contract with the plumber, Luis unbid the others for the mold removal and wall reconstruction and initiated work immediately...literally "next day" service!

Category home inspection,remodeling,interior painters,mold removal

07/24/2017

Raymond R.

I had a difficult time communicating with him, and he was asking me all kinds of questions. He was scheduled to come out this morning, and when he didn't show up, I called to see what happened. When I spoke with him, he told me his boss said that Angie's list posted the offer without their authorization and to get a refund. It would have been nice if he would have called me instead of just not showing up.

Description of Work
I purchased their Angie's List deal $99 Outdoor Hose Faucet Replacement or Shut-Off Valve

Category plumbing

07/24/2017

George L.

It didn't go. I wanted to like this guy, I really did. He was responsive when I first purchased the Big Deal and we set an appointment. He never showed up. Not only that but he never contacted me in any way to say he wasn't coming or to reschedule the appointment. I waited at home all afternoon and evening for nothing. I periodically checked my phone, texts, and emails. Nothing. I politely emailed him to reschedule and he never responded. Very disappointing.

Description of Work
Angie's Big Deal outside hose faucet repair

Category plumbing,remodeling

Green Home Solutions

Mold is one word homeowners never want to hear. From nasal congestion to coughing to skin irritation, the effects of mold can be problematic, especially for young children, the elderly, and those with breathing concerns. At Green Home Solutions, we provide indoor air quality solutions that clean the air you breathe. Our mold remediation, indoor air quality, and odor removal solutions create a clean indoor air environment, so your family can breathe cleaner, purer air.

Shamrock Home Inspection

Shamrock Home Inspection prides itself in providing Top Quality Professional Home Inspections under the Highest of Standards. Attention to detail, your safety, and honesty are key attributes of the inspection process provided. Shamrock Home Inspection offers the most comprehensive and complete Home inspection possible. As one of the premier home inspection companies serving the Las Vegas, and all surrounding communities including Pahrump. Shamrock’s goal is to provide our clients thorough, complete, and timely inspections, with the most comprehensive and informative reports possible. Shamrock’s experienced, qualified and well trained inspectors places your satisfaction and safety above all else. Our passion for performing detailed, thorough home inspections for our clients shows in our product and our continual five (5) star ratings. After the inspection, we remain available for any questions or follow up that may be required.

HVAC Connection

Whether you live in Las Vegas or you’ve visited, you know firsthand that the weather can get pretty hot. That’s why it’s important to make sure your air conditioning is working properly all year long. Beat the Vegas heat when you partner with the HVAC experts at HVAC Connection. We offer comprehensive heating and air conditioning services for residential and commercial clients in the area. Whatever your unique repair or maintenance requirements, rely on our skilled team to provide quality solutions.

Nevada
    Nevada state contractors board
    12/10/2021
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Water damage & mold experts, flooring, cabinets, electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, concrete repair. Gas leaks, water restoration, mold remediation, Commercial and residential AC, Plumbing, Complete bathroom & kitchen remodeling, Cabinets, Granite & marble counter tops, Custom stone and tile work, Commercial Refrigeration, Wine cellar construction, Basements, Sidewalks, Patios, Driveways, Concrete repairs