Handy Dan

Founded 2005 • With Angi since April 2007

512 E Windmill Ln Ste 312

Las Vegas, NV 89123

Local owned and family operated...

03/08/2015

Jeanette H.

Always reliable

Description of Work
Fixed smoke alarms, changed hvac filters changed ceiling lights.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

10/21/2014

Linda W.

Excellent

Description of Work
repaired electric

08/27/2014

Leroy S.

Failed to respond to request to contact me on two consecutive days, 08/26/14 and 08/27/14.

Description of Work
Failed to respond to two consecutive efforts (08/25/14, and 08/26/14 )for him to contact me.

07/05/2014

Elizabeth M.

never bother calling back to set an appointment

Description of Work
called and left a message never received a response ... that was over a week ago.

06/01/2014

Patricia O.

Very well. I was pleased.

Description of Work
He tuck down old vertical blinds above 2 sliding glass doors, and replaced them with new ones. He did an outstanding job. He carried out the old blinds to the garage, all very quickly and efficiently. He was very professional. I wish all handy men were as dependably and punctual as he was.

05/01/2014

Mary K.

I had a variety of small jobs. Everything was taking care of perfectly, And all the work was done with a smile.

Description of Work
Honey-do's

03/20/2013

Tim S.

Everything went very well. He even found a problem witht he brand-new faucet

Description of Work
Replaced a large kitchen sink and installed a new disposal and faucet

12/06/2012

Amy E.

We have had some good experiences with him and some not so good. The door looked nice; he did a good job on the framing, but at the threshold on the bottom there is a gap. I had him out another time to fix it but there is still a gap; that is frustrating. I did not shop around on pricing.

Description of Work
I used Handy Dan to replace my front door.

Category doors

10/26/2012

David N.

A courteous and professional handyman. We agreed on the work to be done using Angie coupon. He hung two wooden, interior-window blinds and straightened one existing blind. The results were excellent. I would use him again on similar projects.

Description of Work
Installing window blinds.

06/30/2012

les K.

No complaints. Dan and helper were knowledgeable and efficient. They were careful and did not make a mess.

Description of Work
We had a large tapestry plus two large mirrors hung, and a chandelier reinstalled.

06/15/2012

Richard T.

His price was reasonable. He was excellent. He had a crew of three with one supervisor. They cleaned up all the mess afterwards and were excellent.

Description of Work
I had the whole outside of the house painted by Handy Dan Inc.

Category handyman service, house painters

04/12/2012

Alexandra H.

I was trying to change the lock on my bedroom door. Closed the door before completing the job and locked myself out. Called for estimate and they arrived ontime and the door was opened in minutes.

Description of Work
Looked myself out of my bedroom and they got it unlocked in minutes. Thank you.

Category handyman service, locksmith

11/02/2011

Bonnie B. C.

It worked out well from start to finish and will call him again when in need.

Description of Work
He pulled out my viberating built in micro-ware and determined the noise was not the way it was situated in the cabinet but possibly the fan. He said "If it's in warranty, to call GE, which I did. They fixed free under warrantee rather than having him spend more of my money and his time trying to fix.

08/03/2011

Matthew S.

He did a great job. He's more expensive than other handymen but he simply knows his value and is worth the extra money.

Description of Work
Had him patch a hole in my wall that was about 8" in diameter as well as change my doorknobs and install numeric deadbolts. He was a pleasure to have and I'll be having him back for sure.

Category handyman service, locksmith

07/07/2011

Richard M.

Good work but too expensive.

Description of Work
I was pleased with Dan's work but his pricing at the close of job was $600.00 for hanging 3 ceiling fans and 1 LCD mount. I had to negotiate lower price for cash.

05/14/2011

BLAKE G.

I'd use him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
I had a fried main breaker and Dan was at my house within an hour. He replaced the breaker, checked all connections and ensured all problems on my side of the breaker were corrected. When I continued having power issues the next day he spent twenty minutes going over all potential causes, explained why it was NV Energy's problem and offered to come back for free to verify if I so desired. It was, in fact, NV Energy's problem and Dan's thorough explanation to me allowed me to quickly deflect their insistence it was not their issue (which means they came and fixed their floating neutral before it had a chance to destroy even more appliances in my house).

Category electrician

04/26/2010

belinda B.

He was very professional; punctual and quick. I will be contacting Dan again for other jobs.

Description of Work
Dan replaced my exterior lights.

03/15/2010

Ben C.

It's hard to find good, reliable help year after year in Las Vegas and I'm glad I can count on always count on Dan. I will continue to use him as long as he's in business in Las Vegas.

Description of Work
I've used Dan's services multiple times over the years. He repaired my patio roof, built a custom dog door for a rental, did minor electrical work, replaced a pipe on my pool heater, fixed chipped paint on a ceiling...just to name a few. He is always professional, on punctual, friendly and reasonably priced. I am notorious for adding to his "to do" list while he's on site and he always does the work in a timely manner and usually on the spot.

03/12/2010

Richard T.

Arrived on time. Did a very thorough and professional job. Staff worked hard and were polite. Stayed exactly to the estimate. Did a few extra things at no charge. Supervisor checked on the staff periodically. Owner came at the end and double checked everything and took some minor corrective action. Left the place clean and tidy.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior trim and doors. Also, repaired a broken window. Also, replace a gate valve with a ball valve to the main water line to the house.

Category plumbing, replacement windows, house painters

02/08/2010

Coby L.

I was disappointed. He was very professional and forthcoming about his prices and work. However, he charges $75 fee if work is not contracted (for time and expense). Unfortunately for this company, I will not "risk" the cost to have him give me an estimate when other contractors are willing to come out and give me a quote w/o charging me. In this economy, I don't think he can afford to charge this fee if it does not earn him any business (unless he's in the business of giving estimates). His fee eliminated him from consideration for this job.

Description of Work
I called to schedule an estimate for work including installing crown molding, installing ceiling fans (one to replace a recessed light), and install a T-astragal.

10/23/2009

JACKIE P.

I had called a bunch of people and his price was the best. He came in and did the work without any problem. He took about an hour which was longer than I expected, but later realized that it was the normal time that would take for the job. He even set up the system for me so that it could operate with the remote. He did a good job and cleaned up after himself. He came when he said he was going to come. I would use him again in future.

Description of Work
Handy Dan installed the flat screen TV about 3 months ago.

07/03/2008

Phillip G.

He was supposed to come in at a particular time but never showed up and also did not call. He had forgotten that he was supposed to be there. Had no idea about the call.

Description of Work
Did not repair the lock on the front lock.

Category locksmith

08/20/2007

Kay D.

It was wonderful. Dan promised the work would be done by July 4th so I could have friends over for fireworks. He called me everyday to update me on the progress. He had to tear out the old wood stairs which made the cost more than the estimate, but it made the deck safer, more attractive and it will last longer, so it was acceptable. He put in some long hours in the heat to deliver. His wife even came to help when a crew member got sick. He made sure the work was completed and the area cleaned up so I could have my party. Not many service providers in Las Vegas have this level of professionalism.

Description of Work
Dan and his crew completely redid my second story wooden deck. He rebuilt the stairs, removed dead wood, put tile onto the deck, built a step and painted the wood and the railing around it. He used great materials and made good suggestions. He made sure the area was cleaned up and free of nails and other safety hazards. It is absolutely beautiful now! I am highly satisfied with the work Dan did.

Category ceramic tile, decks, house painters

05/14/2007

Fernando R.

Excellent job all the way around. High quality work, very nice guy to deal with. I wish there were more contractors like Dan.

Description of Work
Painted baby's room and baseboards throughout the house.

Category interior painters

04/10/2007

Maria E.

Incredibly well. Dan and his partner came over at the time they said they would and were VERY professional the entire time they were at my home. They finished their work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Installed electrical fixtures (ceiling fans, lamps).

Category handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

Sergeant Smith's Lockout & Roadside Svc Inc

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THIS AND OTHER VETERAN-OWNED BUSINESSES. An Angi SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER for virtually every year since 2006. Including 2021! 22 years of active Military service with an additional 16 years of Locksmith experience. Specializing in: REKEYING of Commercial and Residential LOCKS (and making KEYS), WIRELESS HOME SECURITY CAMERAS (like RING), Commercial and Residential ELECTRONIC and SMART LOCK SYSTEMS, UNLOCKING of most vehicles, Commercial and Residential LOCKED OUTS, GARAGE REMOTES and Programming, Unlocking of SAFES (depending on the type), Unlocking of CABINETS and FILING DRAWERS. FAST, COURTEOUS & RELIABLE services at an affordable price! Feel free to call or text 702-289-5555 any time. Respectfully, Sergeant Smith, MSgt., US Air Force, Ret. Nevada State Business License #NV20131153486.

Offers by Sergeant Smith's Lockout & Roadside Svc Inc on Angi
    Deuces Duct Cleaning

Family owned and operated Las Vegas based air duct & dryer vent cleaning company. Deuces Duct Cleaning (NADCA certified) specialized in cleaning the various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. This includes the supply and return air ducts. We clean all grilles, diffusers, blower fan, heat exchanges and cooling coils and, we clean out that fire trap of dryer vent!

Mattlock Locking Systems

Mattlock Locking Systems. 702-882-2587 Mattlock.net 22 years in the business. install deadbolts, front door handle sets, keypad locks, gate locks with welding if needed, cabinet locks, rekey houses, unlock houses, cars, safes, Mailbox lock, safety deposit box locks. Install smart locks, combo locks on houses and commercial doors panic devices, gates and mobile welding to install locks on gates Repair locks all types. 702-882-2587 is my Mobil number 24 Hour service. Visit our website: Mattlock.net

Offers by Mattlock Locking Systems  on Angi

Maintenance, Honey-do's and More.

For services outside of our offering or licensing regulations, we are happy to refer professionals we're confident will provide you with the same level of quality service and integrity as we do.