Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc.

Founded 1964 • With Angi since May 2006

2799 E Tropicana Ave Suite G

Las Vegas, NV 89121

Serving Las Vegas for more than 5 decades, Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms is locally owned and operated. Since 1964, we've built our reputation on the highest quality of service and the best materials available in the industry....

09/14/2017

tyler W.

The cover looks great, nice material, alumawood is very nice and sturdy and no painting to do forever vs a wood patio that you have to maintain constantly, this was the third one I had this company build for me on my new home. Sharon and Valerie were great to work with, very pleasant and kept me in the loop as to day of installation. Highly recommend this company if you are looking for a solid patio cover that you don't have to paint ever and will with stand over 100 mph winds. The price was very reasonable and it included the concrete stump and installation of the concrete slab..

Description of Work
I had them build me a patio cover

Category awnings, concrete repair, patios

Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you for your positive feedback. I will let Sharon, Val, and the installer know how pleased you are. We have been in business for 50+ years and our employees work extremely hard to ensure our customers receive the BEST "Customer Service" from the signing of the contract to the installation of the. patio cover. It is a testament to people like you who keep coming back to us.

08/25/2017

Cecilia H.

After a long wait they finally do it so everything is ok now thanks u

Description of Work
Repair for the patio cover that they do

Category sunrooms

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. We apologize that this took a little while but we are glad everything worked out and you are happy with the repair.

08/15/2017

Cecilia H.

I'm trying to call them a lot of times keep on saying will call u back no response

Description of Work
It's leaking

Category patios

While we are sorry Mrs. [Member Name Removed] chose to rate us so low, we went out to her house on two separate occasions to fix her cover. Unfortunately, most homeowners do not realize they have a problem with their roof until we attach a patio cover to their eave as we did for this customer. While her leak had nothing to do with our patio cover, our Installer took photos to show Mrs. [Member Name Removed] the issues with the roof and he took the time to fill in her roof gap with additional caulking, as best as he could.

08/05/2017

Richard P.

Excellent. Chris came as scheduled for our initial estimate and proposal. What we wanted (a cantilevered carport) was too expensive so we refined our expectations and Chris came back out and gave us a revised estimate. We went with the Elitewood Insulated Patio cover. Dura-Kool took care of the permits and the job started as scheduled. Installation took two days and went very well. They even matched the color of our house paint so the carport blends in very well. My only complaint was the installers left bits of aluminum and some screws on the driveway. That could have been a problem if I had not sweep and vacuumed the driveway before parking on it.

Description of Work
Added a 13' deep x 24' wide carport to the front of the house.

Category awnings, patios

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am sorry our installer did not meet your expectations with clean up and we certainly would have had someone come back and do a more thorough clean up if we had known. I appreciate you cleaning up the left over shavings. In our line of work with aluminum some cutting does need to take place in the backyard which is where the metal slivers came from. We do our best to take precautions to minimize the mess but it sometimes happens. If there is anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to contact us.

11/09/2016

Maria B.

They guy did it alone, he was clean, professional, and did a great job.

Description of Work
Combo cover for patio.

Category decks

Thank you for your positive feedback. Your installer has been with our company for over 25 years and we are proud to have him. I will pass on the "great" words to him.

04/11/2016

MARIE K.

The installer, Luis, performed the job in a day and came back the next day for the privacy fence. Everyone was courteous and response

Description of Work
Extended covered patio and installed privacy fences

Category patios

Thank you for your positive response and being part of the Dura-Kool family.

01/17/2016

BETTY M.

BACK IN 1983 I HAD DURA-KOOL INSTALL A PATIO COVER FOR MY NEW HOME. THEIR INSTALLATION AND QUALITY SPEAKS FOR ITS SELF. THE COVER HAS LASTED FOR 32 YRS & STILL IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. I ONLY WANTED A NEW COVER TO UPDATE WHAT I HAVE. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS IT WAS SLIGHTLY LEAKING DOWN THE WALL OF THE HOUSE IN SEVERAL PLACES. I DECIDED TO HOLD OFF UNTIL I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET THE NEW COVER.(I'M 73 ON A FIX INCOME AND NO ONE ELSE TO HELP WITH TO THE COST.) DURA-KOOL SENT SOMEONE OUT TO CAULK THE ENTIRE LENGTH AND DID AN EXCELLENT JOB. WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY I WILL HAVE DURA-KOOL INSTALL THE COVER.

Description of Work
Cole came out to quote me cost of a new patio cover.

Category awnings

Thank you for the positive feedback [Member Name Removed] and I hope we can help you in the near future. Cole

10/19/2015

Shirley B.

Originally, the sales representative was very pleasant and helpful. He also made a second visit to my home when I called as I had concerns about the workers, their work and work practices. The team leader of the trio of young workers installing the patio cover was knowledgeable but, overall, the workers were unprofessional, unreliable and were not safety conscious. The stucco repairman was very professional, reliable and knowledgeable in the area of construction tear down and rebuild. The deadline for completion of this project was not met. Upon deducting the 10% discount, as agreed upon and written on my contract, from my final payment, I received unprofessional text messages from the sales representative. In the end, the patio cover looks great!

Description of Work
Removed wood slates from existing stucco frame of rear patio and replaced with solid alumawood product. Repaired/painted stucco on existing patio structure as well.

Category awnings

While we are sorry Ms. [Member Name Removed] chose to rate us so negatively, DuraKool does stand behind all that happened during the course of the job. Ms. [Member Name Removed] is correct that a 10% discount was to be given if we were not done by a certain date, (a provision we made because of a pool contractor that was dishonest to her and made her apprehensive of doing other work on her home) and we were not done by the date that was established. However, it was not because we didn't try or were not prompt on doing her job. To the contrary, we started her job much sooner then most jobs, unfortunately the job had many unforeseen issues that related to work that was done prior to us starting our job by another contractor, issues that could not be seen until the job had been started. Because of this we ended up doing extra work and repairs without any additional fees to Ms. [Member Name Removed]. When it came time to pay Ms. [Member Name Removed] mailed us a check for the balance due minus the 10%, without any conversation with us at all. Since Ms. [Member Name Removed] only spoke to us by text, we text her to see why she left the 10% off and she informed us it was because it didn't meet the deadline, even though there was extra work and no extra charges. We informed Ms. [Member Name Removed] that we disagreed that the 10% should be deducted but that we would honor our agreement and reduce the price. Again we are very sorry Ms. [Member Name Removed] felt that such a negative review was needed, but we stand behind our actions and are very happy that her patio cover turned out so beautiful.

07/29/2015

Edmund G.

The enclosed patio does not have insulation, which is necessary for the weather. When I called to inquire about putting insulation on the roof, they explained that this is impossible for them to do, and that in order to put insulation in the structure, they would have to tear it completely down and build a new one, priced at $35k.

Description of Work
This service provider built the original enclosed patio structure that was previously built in a home that we recently purchased.

Category sunrooms

We are extremely sorry we were unable to help Mr. & Mrs. [Member Name Removed] with the patio enclosure they were hoping to do on their home. We do our best to keep our prices in line with other companies and make them a fair representation of the services we provide, however sometimes those prices are higher then what the customer would like them to be. We always have, and will continue in the future, to do our best to make products that fit into all price ranges.

06/27/2015

Terri Lee T.

Never got beyond the estimate. I want a written outline of what I would be paying for and did not get that.

Description of Work
Salesman came out for an estimate. He was nice enough and spent some time and gave me a verbal of $15000. I asked for a written estimate of what I would be getting for $15,000 but never received it.

Category awnings

Ms. [Member Name Removed], we are very sorry the sales rep never got back to you with a written estimate. If you are still interested please give us a call and I will be happy to send someone over who can give you a written estimate for your project.

06/04/2015

Alex P.

Came for estimate after 2 time re-scheduled. Not even measured anything. Took home made sketch and left. Quote came more expensive from any another contractors.

Category awnings

Mr. [Member Name Removed], we are sorry for having to reschedule appointments. I'm not sure why that happened, but I do know it's not our standard practice but sometimes things happen that are out of our control. Again I am sorry though. As for the price being higher then other companies, that is because our product is much different/better then other companies. Apparently the sales rep did not do a good job of conveying that information to you and for that I am sorry, but we do our best to keep our prices as low and consistent as possible.

03/01/2015

Timothy H.

They showed up on time, did a great job very efficiently and left me very satisfied.

Description of Work
Patio cover attached to house, and free standing Gazebo type cover.

07/14/2014

Julie L.

We hired Dura-Kool three years ago to put up a patio cover on our main patio area. They did a terrific job, including rainspouts and provision for fans in the future. We hired them again to put up a smaller patio cover outside our bedroom, and again a superb job. In the future, we plan to have them come back again to build a lattice cover connecting the two patios. Their professionalism, craftsmanship, and esthetics in the design of the patio covers exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Patio cover

06/16/2014

Brittany B.

We did not end up using Dura-Kool for our patio covers (we needed two) mostly because when we questioned a lot about the warranty and what was covered, we were told a few different things by the sales guy and by the person we saw when we visited the showroom. It made me feel not so sure about what would happen if I actually needed to use the warranty. Also, the sales person who came to my home did not have the depth of knowledge about code requirements as the couple other sales people from different companies did who came out to out home. We needed to go with a company who was sure of the answers and estimate they were giving us from the beginning, not waiting for the engineers to decide what could and couldn't happen.

Description of Work
For the installation of two patio covers

05/16/2014

STEPHEN S.

They were extremely pushy and tried to overcharge me for their products. They also called me back after I cancelled the service.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from them for a patio cover.

04/11/2014

Brent M.

I interviewed three patio cover contractors and decided to award the bid to Dura-Kool. Although the other contractors' bid were a few hundred dollars lower for the exact same product, what sold me was the professionalism that Cole Frick (the President) provided when he came to my home and the overall reputation and longevity of Dura-Kool in the area. Within two days after I signed the contract I was provided the necessary documentation (design plans and permit) by his office staff via e-mail to submit to my HOA for approval. Soon thereafter I was contacted by the workers to schedule the installation a week later. The patio cover was completed within half a day and passed final inspection two days later without any issues. Needless to say, I am completely satisfied from start to finish and the patio cover looks great.

Description of Work
9' x 25' Patio Cover on an existing slab of concrete.

04/07/2014

Annie F.

They are good. The builders and the office don't talk that well together. The schedule of the office is different with the builders on when they will come to us. The work was really good and they were efficient on what they did. Their price is a little bit higher than the most but they did guarantee on their working.

Description of Work
I used Dura-Kool for remodeling services.

01/18/2014

paul B.

We did not go forward based on his recommendation.

Description of Work
He came and did estimate and advised me that what I had planned would not work as I hoped. It would have been just as easy for him to do the job and collect the money. I appreciated his candor and honesty.

01/02/2014

Laurent F.

Dura-Kool offered/honored a $ 500 Angie's List member coupon. This lowered our costs several hundred dollars below all other local Las Vegas competitors. The initial buildout material quote was exactly the same as the two additional vendors we received quotes from but each of their prices was well over $2,100. Since we were doing several major renovations to our house this allowed us additional funds for other projects. We had to receive clearance from our HOA for this improvement. Dura-Kool provided us with a computer drawing of the improvement so we could make the submission to our HOA. Dura-Kool also submitted and managed the required City of Las Vegas building permits. Once all the approvals were completed the project was finished within two weeks. It took the installer one day to complete our patio cover. The installer also told us how to reinforce the outside beam when we get ready to hang a shade curtain to block the summer sun. We immediately noticed the difference having the patio cover in place. We are totally satisfied with Dura-Kool.

Description of Work
Install patio cover.

10/22/2013

Sidney M.

Great people to work with: friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They have an excellent product. This is a reputable company! From the management to the workers, they communicate with the customer and make every effort to make the project a success and please the customer.

Description of Work
Extended concrete patio and install patio awning.

Category awnings, concrete repair, patios

01/21/2013

ALAN M.

Dura-Cool performed an onsite measurements, provided a cost estimate. I set up a construction date. the workers were professional and completed the job in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Dura-Cool is a great company

10/17/2012

samuel S.

We shopped for several months for our sunroom product and installation team before we discovered Dura-Kool. The Metals USA sunroom they provided is the highest quality product we found. The installer that Dura-Kool provided was experienced, extremely attentive to details and did a thorough installation. The product as well as the installation exeeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Sunroom home addition

Category awnings, sunrooms

10/10/2012

Mark M.

I liked the salesman that came out. I thought he did a very thorough job on their estimate. We did not have a problem with Dura Kool. We just currently have not had it done. I though their price was a little high. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Dura Kool gave an estimate for a patio awning.

02/21/2012

Mary H.

The salesman told me he was the president of the company. I felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman.

Description of Work
None. Extremely too expensive. Thousands of dollars over other competitors.

Category awnings

We did have an appointment with the member on January 7th 2012, and thank her for the opportunity to earn her business. It's unfortuanate she found our product to be to expensive, but our product is dramatically different then that of the company she bought from. We did our best to show the customer the difference in products, we are very sorry she couldn't see the value. We take great pride in being the exclusive dealer for "Ultra" Solid and Lattice patio covers in Las Vegas and stand behind our product 100%

02/16/2012

connie C.

My family has used them always. It is well known company in Las Vegas. The quality of the metal that they use is very good, it lasts long time. We will not use them again. They send out guys who cannot speak English though there was one or two who would translate.

Description of Work
Five years ago we used Dura-Kool to do the patio awning for us.

Royal Flush Concrete

Integrity is the foundation of our business. We have built long-standing relationships with our customers and vendors through hard work, dedication and honesty. We've layered that with a full range of quality products and services, as well as one of the finest quality control programs in the industry. All those combined have set us apart from our competition. At Royal Flush Concrete, we set high standards for ourselves, and our employees. Our managers are expected to lead by example and to maintain an attitude of professionalism at all times. We feel strongly that well-trained, highly motivated employees are our company’s greatest assets. That is why we seek out people who wish to grow along with us and share in our high moral and business standards. We reward employees who hold integrity, safety and customer satisfaction above all else. We take the responsibility of managing this Company very seriously, as many people depend on our success. We continually seek out opportunities to expand our markets, products, and services while increasing profitability. Since starting our business in 1998, we’ve continued to grow and to give back to the communities and people who have supported us over the years. Bottom line: Here at Royal Flush Concrete we plan for the future to ensure the longevity of the company, for the benefit of all.

All Inclusive Concrete Systems LLC

With over 30 years of experience in concrete we are the BEST choice for all your concrete needs in the Las Vegas area. We are a licensed, bonded and insured contractor and we stand by our work. We give 10% Military and Senior discount. Give us a call for a FREE estimate and see what we can do for you!

Desert Tree Landscape

At Desert Tree Landscape we specialize in outdoor living space. We provide top quality service to our clients. We are a family owner operated company looking to grow and strive for success and what better way to do it through out our clients needs.

Las Vegas area, Pahrump, Boulder City
    NV Contractors Board
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

We do not offer cloth, vinyl, or wooden patio coverings, nor do we sell DIY patio kits. We do not do concrete work or design outdoor kitchens, but we do have partner companies that can provide these services for our clients.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc.

How is Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. overall rated?

Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. open?

Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. provide

Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offers a 10% senior discount.

Does Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. ?

Yes, Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offer?

Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. offers the following services: Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms offers a wide range of products and services related to home improvement, specifically dealing with high-end aluminum products. We specialize in Patio Covers, Awnings, Pergolas, Lattice, Entryway Covers and Carports. We are also one of the largest providers of Patio Enclosures, Sunrooms, and Screened-in Porches in the Las Vegas Valley. We service both Residential and Commercial accounts.

Are there any services Durakool Patio Covers & Sunrooms, Inc. does not offer?