Designer Kitchens & Baths

Founded 1995 • With Angi since November 2008

We do full remodeling of kitchens and bathrooms, complete full designs of the project on computers. We will take the homeowner to showrooms and help select product to help make that bathroom or kitchen a one of a kind....

A Service Provider's profile image

+57 more images

home remodeling201889134
Full Remodel of Kitchen, Master Bath, Guest Bath, Laundry. The Job was done in stages from 2017 thru 2019 because the homeowner was living in the home as the remodel was taking place.
Summer Trails project

home remodeling

201889134

home remodeling (112)plumbers (29)countertop installation (29)tile installation (29)flooring (24)lighting (20)electrician (20)cabinet makers (20)interior painting (18)drywall (18)bathtub refinishing (10)cabinet refacing (5)

07/17/2020

Joseph S.

Aaron came to our place to talk to us about remodeling our kitchen. Told us to give him a couple of days for an estimate. After 2 weeks, I called him and he said he forgot about us. Told him we would go with another company who cared for their clients.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

08/29/2019

Jessica D.

Barbara Turns from Designer Kitchen and Baths went above and beyond to help me with repairs to a leaking shower that was well past any normal warranty period. I mean way, way, way past a time frame that any other contractor would honor. When the shower started leaking through the wall a handyman had come in as a favor to me and quite honestly made a mess of things by ripping shower tiles, the shower surround, and a water damaged cabinet out. When he saw how involved repairs would be he suggested I call the original installer. It had been so many years since Designer Kitchen and Bath had completed the project I had not even considered calling them. Barbara came out and was so kind. I am a 100% disabled veteran on a very limited income. She only charged me the cost of whatever materials were needed for repair. The biggest cost being that the handyman damaged the shower surround when he took them out and I needed a new glass surround. Labor was free on both the shower and the repair/re-installation of the adjoining side wood cabinet. This saved me thousands. Barbara also sent her repairmen to help me with other issues in the house at a very reasonable cost. I am so thankful that she came to my aid when my chips were down. Designer Kitchen and Bath gets an A++++++++ rating from me.

Description of Work
Leaking shower and water damaged cabinet repair

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

Review for Designer Kitchens & Baths - 6380 S. Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas, NV - 38075657

11/16/2018

Adrien M.

I was confronted with a last minute need for a remodel to my condo rental. I didn't plan much time to arrange for a designer since it was so unexpected, but fortunately I chose to visit Designer Kitchen & Bath. I mostly needed someone to understand my need for immediate assistance since I lived out of state and needed to return home. I met Barbara and thankfully she took time out of the day on very short notice to meet me at my condo to discuss the remodel. Once at the condo, I expressed to Barbara my desire to have her handle the remodel entirely including her choice of flooring, countertops, backsplash, paint, tile, and new appliances. Barbara was completely willing to handle the entire re-design of my condo with little input from me. I was also pressed for time on the remodel because I had a tenant waiting to move in. Barbara got working on the remodel right away and kept me up to date on the progress, including any minor setbacks that arose. She was available to me whenever I called her to check-in. The entire process was comfortable for me and I felt as though Barbara was looking out for my time-sensitive situation. I was very pleased once I saw the remodel complete. The work was well done and Barbara chose just the style and look that I wanted. I would recommend Designer Kitchen and Bath to any of my friends or family.

Description of Work
Condo Remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops, flooring contractor, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

08/31/2018

Jeanne L.

The remodel went great! We just had Barbara and her awesome team (Rob,Armando,Tony and Johnny) over to my mothers house to take out her bathtub and install a walk-in shower with grab bars and it turned out fantastic. We had Designer Kitchens & Baths a year ago totally gut out our kitchen and now it’s fabulous! They also helped us update our bathrooms. Their work is clean, they are on time and very professional and kind. Demo for all projects were done quickly and debris was removed right away. We would definitely recommend Designer Kitchens & Baths to anyone thinking of a remodel or update. You will be pleased, we are!

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bathrooms remodeled

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/09/2018

08/23/2018

Frank K.

It went really well, Barbara was real professional and fair with the price. All of the people she has working for her are all great craftsman and super talented. If anything went wrong they were quick with solutions which is real important if your doing major renovations or remodels in your home. Designer Kitchen and Bath made me and my wife feel we were # 1. I look forward to working with them again for future projects.

Description of Work
We had our Kitchen and Bathroom done in the last year !

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

06/09/2018

kim P.

Wonderful job by Barbara, Ken and the team. From start to finish, their top concern was our satisfaction. We very much appreciated their availability and responsiveness to all of our requests and concerns. Highly recommend these folks.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom and Laundry Room remodel

Work Completed On 06/09/2018

03/29/2018

Elaine L.

From the time we met the designer, Barbara, through the end of the job everything thing was handle the way we wanted. When there were problems Barbara or her supervisor were on it quickly. When we had problems ordering product Barbara handled it for us. The results have far exceeded our expectations!

Description of Work
A complete master bath remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/31/2018

03/08/2018

Patricia W.

I have no design sense at all so having Barbara and Aaron help me with color etc was a blessing. Ken and Rob, the construction supervisors ran everything efficiently. The kitchen is more beautiful than I could have imagined. I had phone #s for everyone...and when I had to leave town suddenly I felt comfortable about having the work continue. Ken even sent pictures of the progress.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/23/2017

Review for Designer Kitchens & Baths - 6380 S. Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas, NV - 36890364

01/04/2018

Mark Y.

My wife and I are from out of state, and we purchased a condo to remodel and use as our vacation home. I researched the Internet extensively and read countless reviews, and narrowed it down to 5 general contractors to give us bids for our remodeling project. Because we were flying in with limited time and availability, we scheduled all five contractors 2 hour blocks at a time, to come out and meet with us and give us an estimated remodeling bid. All of the contractors were professional, experienced, and a great pick except for one...Barbara from Designer Kitchen and bath. Barbara didn't seem very interested in listening to what we wanted, and seemed somewhat cold if we didn't take any of her suggestions. Never the less, we didn't think too much of it because of the good reviews that had been posted on line. Within a week, 4 of the 5 general contractors contacted us to touch base and thank us for considering them for our project. Not a word from Barbara from Designer Kitchen and Bath. Within 2 weeks, we had 4 bids from our general contractors out of the 5 that came out. Again, not a word from Barbara at Designer Kitchen and Bath. Fast forward to today, and we have chosen a wonderful contractor and we are now happily into the fourth week of construction. Amazingly enough we still have not received a single text, phone call, or email from Barbara at Designer Kitchen and bath, and at this point nor do I want to! Perhaps our remodeling project was too small for her tastes ($45,000), or perhaps she was just not interested. Either way I think that we have dodged a HUGE bullet by not selecting such an unprofessional, and uncommunicative contractor as Barbara at designer kitchen and Bath. As long as you do it her way, perhaps your project will go well, but for us I have to give her ZERO stars in all categories. Buyer beware!

Description of Work
Vacation Condo Remodel.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

11/23/2017

Rebecca A.

It took longer than we had hoped, but only because of the holidays and the careful work of their staff and subs. It turned out beautiful!

Description of Work
Complete interior remodel - Kitchen, baths, laundry, floors, painting, tilework, cabinets...

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

Review for Designer Kitchens & Baths - 6380 S. Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas, NV - 36605382

10/04/2017

karen R.

It was great that he responded within a few hours. However, his response was, " nothing that small." I gave the company a D because if he'd left open communication, called asked a few questions ( like Mike's Countertops), he might have gotten the contract that included 3 bathrooms, the kitchen, as well as the laundry room. These were things I was thinking about, but was unsure of doing, until I got the estimate. His response left me feeling that he didn't want my business.

Description of Work
Sep 29. 2017 I initiated contact & asked if they fabricated countertops for a laudryroom.

Category countertops

08/07/2017

Troy L.

There are really no words to say how pleased we are with the work and end result that we got from Barb and her team. From the time we first met with Barbara and through the entire process she listened and she delivered. We contracted with Barb do do a complete remodel and redesign of our kitchen and family room. Our home is one of the tri-level Bailey McGah homes that was built in the late 80's. We've lived here for over 20 years and had no desire to purchase a new home at this point in our lives and we have (mostly) the best neighbors in the world. I really wanted an open concept and wasn't sure if we could even accomplish all that we wanted to do. We had several contractors come in and got several bids and design plans but Barb really understood what I wanted and worked with us to come up with the plans to bring our vision to reality. She wasn't the cheapest but we felt most comfortable with her ability to deliver what we wanted. Ken Hollenbeck was our superintendent and we really can't say enough about the job that he did. By the time the job was completed we had a new friend and he delivered an absolutely amazing product. Remodeling is never easy and there were set backs and surprises but we worked through everything and in the end we got a kitchen and family room that surpassed anything we could have possibly imagined. I would highly recommend Barb and her company and would not hesitate to contract with her again.

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen and Front Room Remodel

Category countertops, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

Review for Designer Kitchens & Baths - 6380 S. Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas, NV - 36017503

This was truly one of my favorite projects. The challenge to bring her dream to phruition was a joy [Member Name Removed], enjoy the kitchen

05/07/2017

CHARLES S.

We were so pleased with this company when they remodeled our bathrooms last year that we hired them again to do our kitchen. From design to finish Barbara is great to work with. She's in constant contact with you from start to finish and any problems that may arise are quickly resolved. She has a great crew that she works with. They are all very experienced and professional. We would definitely have her back for future projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath remodel.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

05/04/2017

Sue H.

Barbara was very attentive, and patient, with all of our needs and essentially what we wanted in the final product. Her work is exceptional! Her crews were courteous and often went above and beyond to "tweek" certain things we wanted changed. I would highly recommend this company. Also, it is important to remember when doing projects like this that less expensive is not always the best decision, it may seem so at the time, but there is no substitute for excellent service and craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of kitchen and two bathrooms.

Work Completed On 03/31/2017

04/18/2017

Sheila C.

Barbara's company completed a kitchen renovation for us about 15 months ago. It was a great experience and we were very happy with her work at the time, and over time we have become even bigger fans. A few weeks ago I noticed some water damage to our sink cabinet. When I called Barbara to ask for her help, she had someone out to the house ASAP. When I thanked her for helping us out, she said "Of course I am going to help you - it's MY kitchen!" She then took responsibility for all the repairs even though the damage came from a faulty faucet (not her fault). I can confidently say that if you decide to work with Barbara and Designer Kitchen and Bath, you will be in good hands every step of the way - and even many steps after that!

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/18/2017

03/30/2017

Kristina M.

They're very responsible. If something isnt quite right they fix it or have it redone. We had a wall we didn't like how they finished and they came back out and fixed it. The workers were very nice, they did a nice job cleaning up. They cleaned up everyday before they left.

Description of Work
They remolded our bathrooms, laundry room and linen closet area.

Category closet systems, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/15/2016

03/26/2017

Dale H.

Everything went well. Barbara, the lead contractor, was amazing. She was always available when we had questions and concerns, and she was consistently on top of her "guys" to ensure things were done properly. All of the workers we interacted with were friendly and professional. We are considering remodeling our two remaining bathrooms and would definitely call Barbara. We highly recommend Designer Kitchen and Bath!

Description of Work
We had our master bedroom and bath completely redone. We got rid of our tub and made a huge walk-in shower. The job included multiple kinds of tile, paint, new baseboards throughout, cabinets and lots of drywall work.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/17/2017

11/01/2016

Linda F.

We had a tight schedule. Everyone worked very hard to meet that schedule. Good response to issues. Everyone was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of kitchen, master bath (including shower) and powder room.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, lighting, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/31/2016

09/16/2016

Linda R.

It was EXCELLENT! I really don't know where to start...Barb Turns was honest with us in all her dealings from the time frame it would take to have the cabinets built to completing the job to problems that could possibly arise in the middle of construction. The contract was carefully written so that we knew just what we were getting to the exact pricing. Barb helped us with design, giving us ideas that we LOVE (such as the inclusion of deeper drawers for pans, etc.) In addition, the workmen Barb sent were truly craftsmen (particularly Jeff). They were much more than "installers." They could rework cabinets to be perfect rather than just "OK." In addition, Barb responded to requests or concerns immediately. She was available to us whenever we had questions and was always accommodating. We would use this company any time. And we would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We had new kitchen cabinets installed, new tub and shower in our main bath, along with countertops and sinks (also the countertops, sink and cabinets in the powder room) - a complete renovation with the exception of the floors.

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/09/2016

09/16/2016

Linda R.

FANTASTIC! This company is honest, communicates well with customers, and does a beautiful job. We recommend them unconditionally. While it took a while to get cabinets constructed, those in charge made sure to keep us in the loop. When everything arrived, they were on time, showed up when they said they would, and were meticulous in their work. Great company.

Description of Work
Replaced all kitchen and bathroom cabinets

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

09/14/2016

Germaine W.

Totally pleased with the job Designer Kitchens & Baths did on my house. Barbara stayed on top of the whole process and if I ever had a question or gripe, she would respond and take action immediately. Could not ask for anything more. Although I thought I knew exactly what I wanted, after working with designer, Aaron, I completely changed my mind on many things. Now I have a kitchen beyond my dreams. I had a hard time deciding who to use for my remodel, but I am confident Designer Kitchens & Baths was the absolute best choice I could have made.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen, dining, and 4 bathrooms. All new cabinets, countertops, lighting, and floors.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/14/2016

08/12/2016

Not well. They do not do Saturday appointments for consultations / estimates and that's the only day I have available.

Description of Work
2 Bathrooms

Work Completed On 08/12/2016