Desert Springs Pools & Spas Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2006

3.8

8130 S Valley View Blvd

Las Vegas, NV 89139

Desert Springs Pools and Spas is not your typical Las Vegas swimming pool contractor. We are financially secure, locally owned, and owner operated. Desert Springs offers a complete package. We design it, arrange financing for it, supervise it and build it all in a timely manner. We cover all expenses with you up front and guarantee it with our No-fault Price Guarantee. Desert Springs Pools & Spas opened its doors for business in February 1994. That year we built around 70 pools, not bad but we were just getting started. By 1997 we were doing over 300 pools per year. That was enough to make us the third largest pool builder in Nevada. By 2004 we were building over 900 pools a year. Fast forward to today - We are now the largest and most respected builder in the Las Vegas Valley. With the addition of our newest Design Center and Showroom at Valley View & Blue Diamond you can tour four full size outdoor display pools, with options for Landscaping, Patio Covers, BBQ'S, Fire Pits or any of your backyard needs, we can do it all under one roof. We even added a complete pool renovations division, so you can give your older pool a Desert Springs face lift! Why so much success? First and foremost, Desert Springs will not compromise on quality, we earn your business with a fair price. Other contributing factors include: our unparalleled financial security, our ability to build pools in a timely manner and our commitment to client satisfaction....

03/12/2021

Michael A.

7 months to build my pool. And it is small 9000 gallon pool. The entire process was a complete disaster. Not a person in the company gave a crap. Repeated calls to the GM got me nowhere. Calls to their lawyer to get to the owner got me nowhere. Calls to the State Contractors board got me nowhere. The ONLY thing they cared about was getting their checks, and boy where they quick to deposit those. There are MANY pool builders in Las Vegas, do yourself a favor and choose another one, this company SUCKS!

Description of Work
Building a Pool.

01/08/2021

brian M.

I set up an appointment for a quote, and the rep, Christian, no show no called me. I called that day, and he called to say that he had a personal emergency and needed to reschedule a few days later. He then no called no showed me AGAIN. I called to complain and speak to a manager. The person I spoke to was very nice and apologetic, coming out that afternoon to take measurements which I appreciated. 2 weeks went by, and I didn’t hear a thing so I called to follow up today. The rep mentioned that he didn’t have a way to contact me because Christian deleted me from their system because he was mad that the coworker came out. Seriously?

Description of Work
Quote for a Pool

09/18/2020

Jonathan S.

Where to start with this review? First off, you won't see many poor reviews of this place because they make you sign a contract saying you won't. Bit of a joke, right? But my experience, and still on going is borderline pathetic. They quoted me 2-3 months to build a pool and some very basic landscaping. I'm now 4.5 months in and still dealing with them daily to try and finish any one aspect of the job. My home is damaged, my pool failed to meet the contract specs, I've been told week after week that things have work orders or will be done next week. The GM, Robert, constantly avoids my phone calls because he knows they are failing at every turn. It was a pandemic and I gave them my business based on promises and more so a contract that they have failed to live up to. Their pricing is on par with everyone else it town, so do yourself a favor and go else where.

Description of Work
Basic pool and landscaping

07/29/2017

Donna H.

Fairly smooth. Supervisor was very efficient, and designer awesome. First phase was like clockwork. Second phase mixups occurred in main office with staff not having correct info., so had to call and question regarding procedures/timelines. Always got things back on track and job was finished in a timely manner. Would have appreciated a cleaner job site.

Description of Work
Pool and Spa designed and installed with extra patio space.

Category patios, swimming pools

07/18/2016

Tyrone B.

After Desert Springs Pools not only sent me a letter blaming the cracking pool on TREE ROOTS, and then later replied to my BBB complaint, stating that "they don't know why my pool is cracking" ,,,,, I replied back to their BBB response THIS >>> Once again, they simply get by on telling more LIES. 1. There is NO damage to my perimeter wall. 2. As I stated in my original complaint, I spent the money to tear up my entire landscape and dig a trench around my pool, below the "footer" of the perimeter wall level. There is and NEVER WAS any tree roots present, which is what Desert Springs claimed to be the cause in the first place. I HAVE IT IN WRITING! I sent Desert Springs, over 20 photos of my findings. I also spent approx $2,500 for a Structural Engineer to assess the problem and submit a written REPORT of his findings. I submitted that Report along w/the photos, to Desert Springs. Lastly I included another written REPORT from a BOTNESS, whom also confirmed that there were NO TREE ROOTS Present, nor could any of the far away trees on the OTHER SIDE of my wall, even come close to my pool. It's easy for Desert Springs to claim "they don't know what caused the structural failure", but that is NOT EVEN A RELEVANT REPLY. They don't know because they don't care, and the only thing they did was send out a guy from the company who poured the concrete in the first place. Do you really think that guy was going to report back to Desert Springs and say ""Uhhhh Yeah, it's our fault""?? Desert Springs is nothing more than a "Dog & Pony Show". They stall, play dumb and claim innocence! I've got my written Warranty from Desert Springs which clearly states LIFETIME Warranty on the Structure of the pool, with NO exceptions even listed. I've got my written Reports from Professionals proving that the failing structure is the responsibility of Desert Springs. I've got written correspondence from Desert Springs as far back as 2010, when I first reported the cracks, but they assured me that it was only the plaster and not the structure, and that I had nothing to worry about. Now they have the nerve to write on here that I first approached them in 2015. 2015 happens to be when I RE-approached them because the cracks had gotten worse. DESERT SPRINGS POOLS IS THE WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH, AND IT IS MORE THAN FAIR FOR ME TO CALL TH

Description of Work
I filed a Claim with the Better Business Bureau BBB! I have a Lifetime Warranty on the Structure of my pool, that Desert Springs Pools will not honor. I've paid a structural engineer to confirm my claim I've spent $3,500 on a Structural Engineer, Pool- builder advise and a Botness report, to prove my claim to Desert Springs Pools that the structure of my Pool & Spa, are cracked and failing, due to Structural DEFECT, and not anything else such as tree roots,, as the company claimed. I spent another $1000 to dig a 3' trench around my pool and photograph that there are NO tree roots present. After sending in my claim to Desert Springs, they still denied my claim, and said if I wanted resolve and compensation, I'd have to sue them for it. That will cost me almost $50K to do so.

06/23/2016

Jerry H.

Horrible, awful, the biggest mistake we made building our new home was using Desert Springs Pools. They screwed everything up from the day they dug the hole and didn't follow the blueprints, design diagrams. They were four months late in completing the pool, lost total interest after they screwed up digging the hole and had to fix it. Fought with their sub-contractors over who's fault it was in the mistake and let our half finished pool sit for two months. Talked us into stamped concrete for an extra $6,500 which looks like total crap after six months even after forcing them to reseal it three times. It's so bad after 10 months we're looking at jack hammering it out and finishing it with our paver guy what was excellent. They never return phone calls nor show up on time either. This was the biggest mistake we made building our $1M home when we decided to aware these idiots this project. I'm waiting for our water feature to collapse next! Don't get involved with Desert Springs Pools. They are a complete rip off and completely useless.

Description of Work
Built pool and waterfall feature from scratch

Category swimming pools

04/25/2016

Christopher C.

They could have better communication between their company and ourselves.

Description of Work
I used Desert Springs Pools. They provided inground pool.

10/15/2015

Kathleen E D.

Mike was professional and did a great job translating our vision into a complete plan for our backyard. His follow up communication was good as well and he was quick to respond to all of our questions. We chose to go with another company partly on price but we were mostly concerned with the repeated theme in the company reviews (not just on this site) about the actual construction process and the headaches customers experience beyond the sales person. We had a great experience with Mike and would highly recommend his design abilities.

Description of Work
Met with Mike G for estimate for large project including pool/spa , 2 patios with covers, fire feature, driveway and block wall extension, and complete landscaping. $100k +

Category landscaping, pool cleaners, patios

08/12/2015

Dale B.

Quality of the work was fair but buyer beware, if it's not exactly specified in their contract they will mislead you. Do not go by their beautiful color video productions cause it ain't what you will get in the end. Communications is a severe challenge also with this company. They will tell you when to expect the work done but to many instances of "no shows" occurred along with "no calls".

Description of Work
Miss represented finished product with final work. Agreed to the specifications as described in video rendition but final job was not what it turned out to be. We feel that we were mislead into not getting what we paid for. When confronted with the issue with the photo renditions in hand Desert Springs told us that you cannot go by what was shown you (it's in their contract). In addition to this we had in writing that we wanted our spa to be 8'6" wide - spa ended up being 8' wide. When confronted again they said that they have a 5% leeway in their contract - but why always in their favor?

07/03/2015

Raza & Heather A.

After the consult, we asked about financing and all the options available to us. After he left, we never heard back. We called, left messages, and never got a response. We gave up after a week, maybe we should have been more persistent, but we didn't want to do business with someone who didn't care enough to even give us a call back.

Description of Work
We asked for a consult for a small pool in our backyard. They came out, did a survey of the area, discussed it with us.

03/02/2015

David Z.

Ron Stewart, their sales manager and I were exchanging emails then he stopped responding. A few days after not responding and a few more attempts I called to work with another salesman, Mike Ganji. He was very responsive and had good comments in our brief email exchange. We were supposed to have a meeting today but he didn't want to come because the ground many be a little muddy, his response was "I'm not interested." I don't want to work with a salesman too lazy to deal with possibly a little mud on his shoe. I left a message for the owner this morning, Lynn, and he has not returned my call. I will not use them and we're probably going to spend $50k to $100k.

Description of Work
nothing, didn't return calls within a few days

02/04/2015

larry S.

They were good. The people I know use them.

Description of Work
I used Desert Springs Pools.

08/18/2014

Shelby W.

Initially we felt very comfortable and happy with our decision to go with Desert Springs pools and spas. We met with three other local pool builders and decided on Desert Springs because they were all pretty much within $1,000 of each other and we just felt like we could trust them. BOY WERE WE WRONG!!!!!!!! The main problem for buyers to be on the look out is that they purposely compartmentalize the process so they can point fingers at each other when they knowingly deceive their customers! Meaning, once the designer/salesman gets you to sign a contract, then he passes you on to someone else, and so on so forth. NEVER WORK WITH salesman PAUL BUNTROCK!!!! He will promise you the moon, tell you and quot;everything is included, don't worry about the contract, we'll throw that in for you, it can be adjusted,and quot; blah, blah, blah...but when the field supervisor (Dan) comes out and points to the contract (with exact square footage, etc) the extra dollar signs add up. Dan was very straight forward with us and I don't fault him in this process. However, don't expect to get a solid answer out of him. He is diplomatic and always refers to the contract. So here's the back story with Paul. After his initial measurements of our backyard we met with him in the office to discuss design options. He uses a computer program with flowers/greenery all around the pool and of course makes it look spectacular. The problem is (1) he doesn't tell you there is a fat chance of actually putting a planter on the side of your house or near your block walls due to the cement footers below (Thus, the idea to just cover it with extra decking...which means more money in their pocket later), and (2) he completely messed up the measurements because he drew that our backyard was square to our house, which it isn't! How would we know that? We are not pool experts. So the plan he drew on the paper (that we signed off on) looked fine to us, because we wouldn't know the difference (we aren't contractors), nor did it have the square footage for the distance between the pool and the block wall, nor the length of the planter along our house. It looked like the picture he printed out for us on the computer, so we thought it looked correct. Boy, were we wrong. When Dan (field supervisor) came and spray painted the pool on our ground, it showed the glaring mistakes Paul made in his measurements. The pool was 5 feet from the block wall instead of 3 and our above ground spa was within inches of our patio post! Obviously that wasn't right! So we called him up, went back in and he and quot;fixed it!and quot; He NEVER once mentioned that we would have to pay for more decking due to the placement of the pool being off in his initial design. He NEVER once mentioned that if the additional concrete went over the 340 square feet written in our concrete we would have to pay the difference. But of course, when the concrete guys showed up they told us it would be $600 more to do what we thought was already established with Desert springs. Next problem, when Paul came out to our yard and did the initial measurements he told us they (Desert Springs) would remove ALL of the existing landscape for us (included in the price of the pool). However, after we signed the contract and their landscaper saw our large Olive Tree in the corner of the yard, they informed us that they could not remove that for us. So we had to hire a private tree removal company to do that ($300). Next, Paul told us FOUR TIMES that 400 square feet of concrete is included in the base price for every pool!! However, when he did his measurements, he only accounted for 340 square feet (thus, 340 was put on our contract). Paul also told us several times that they would include an irrigation sleeve so my husband could run a line to a patch of grass. Of course, that was not explicitly written on the contract (and we didn't know it needed to be because we were told it was INCLUDED), so they wanted to charge us extra for that when the time came to do the concrete decking. Be forewarned Las Vegans....DO NOT TRUST PAUL BUNDTROCK!!! He only cares about getting his commission and not providing a quality experience for his clients. Furthermore, we were warned by other companies about Desert Springs and quot;nickel and dimeand quot; ways, but we just chalked it up to competitive rivalry. THEY WERE RIGHT!!! DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM UNLESS IT SAYS and quot;TOTALand quot; instead of exact square footage. Paul messed up our initial design (unbeknownst to us -because we are not the pool experts), and now we are paying for HIS mistakes! The excavators cracked our sidewalk because they didn't put enough dirt down to clear it, and now we are paying for THEIR mistake! and quot;Look at your contract,and quot; Dan told us when we showed him the cracks in the cement. The contract says (in very small print on the back) that they (Desert Springs) are not responsible for any damage to the property while installing your pool)! Not even when their negligence causes it?? NEVER NEVER NEVER USE DESERT SPRINGS POOLS and SPAS!!! You might think they give you more and quot;bang for your buck,and quot; but in reality all you are going to get is more headaches!!!! We are spending more time, energy, and money fighting with them now (3/4 of the way through the build), because they were not straight forward with us from the beginning with flaws and possible additional costs throughout the process. At the end of the day the extra $900 is not a huge deal, it is more the principle that Desert Springs should stand behind their words and not hide behind their contracts! They are NOT trustworthy, not honorable men, not men of their words. All they are are deceitful contractors! In the end, their lack of professionalism will cost them a lot more with us than the extra money we are paying for their mistakes...I will tell EVERYONE I know to NEVER USE THEM!!!!!

Description of Work
Design and build a Pool & "Sit & Spin" Spa.

Category landscaping, pool cleaners, patios, swimming pools

06/03/2014

Jennifer P.

Our home came with a giant swim spa that only sort of worked. We repaired things as they broke for a couple of years. We decided to replace the unit. We went to a few places and looked around and were treated OK but there was little interest in actually helping. We went into Desert Springs and were immediately greeted despite the person being on the phone. We were directed where to start looking and began. Within a few minutes, the greeter, Donna, caught up with us and answered all our questions. We were concerned about getting the old tub out as we have a two story in a typically tight Vegas neighborhood. Donna explained the crane service as well as the spa mover company they recommend (additional charges to remove and haul away old spa). She helped us see differences in the two product lines they carry and pros and cons of both. We decided to go for it! Donna was able to schedule the spa movers and crane for the following Saturday. We financed the new spa, one year same as cash, and were sent on our way. She touched base with us through the week. Saturday arrived and so did the spa! Quite a show! I have pictures and video! Overall, we are quite pleased with our new spa! (FYI, crane is approximately $150, not as bad as we expected! Removal and haul away, $250. Electrical hookup was @ $300+/-, we had wiring in place.)

Description of Work
Replacement of old swim spa for a new therapeutic spa.

05/18/2014

Linda F.

We had not been through a construction project before our pool, so I would say everything went well. The office we used to start the project is no longer on Rainbow but Desert Springs does have other locations around town which I can't say about some other pool companies who were in business at the same time.

Description of Work
Designed & built our pool

05/07/2014

John S.

Overall, I recommend Desert Springs Pools. They aren't perfect but they are a good choice, ESPECIALLY BY COMPARISON to others in our neighborhood who have recently built pools with other companies and compared to others who gave us estimates. Pros: 1. Computer-aided design is a major plus! The designer was able to put together the entire backyard plan, including the BBQ, palapa, patios, and landscaping so you could see exactly what we were getting. Nice to see exactly what you're getting, plus it is very easy to make minor changes that really improve the project. Another pool builder gave us a hand-made design in pencil on paper and it was nice but almost impossible to get minor changes without a complete rewrite. 2. You get high-quality equipment. Another pool builder offered us this low-grade stuff and told us that it's all the same. It's not, we know because we had the low-grade stuff in a previous pool, it's noisy and prone to breakdown. Desert Springs provided a variable-speed pump that is close to top-of-the-line. We hear that they can do this because they buy in quantity. 3. Many of the people working for Desert Springs are very good, helpful, and responsive (but see below). 4. The project turned out beautifully and after a few glitches, almost everything works well. Cons: 1. IMPORTANT - and quot;Desert Springs Poolsand quot; is different from and quot;Desert Springs Landscapingand quot; even though they share offices. Ditto for the BBQ and palapa. Regardless, because it's all and quot;Desert Springs,and quot; you would think these guys would communicate better with each other. What I said here applies only to Desert Springs Pools! 2. These people also don't necessarily communicate with the homeowner. They will just show up at your house without calling you first and expect to work, and if they can't work, they just go somewhere else and put you at the bottom of their list. I don't particularly like having people working in my back yard when I'm not home. If this doesn't bother you, then just leave your gate unlocked and don't worry about it. 3. As I said, most people are good, helpful, and responsive. The and quot;rock guysand quot; are talented but slow and the company needs to increase their staffing -- they caused a significant delay in finishing our pool. The guy who did the Pool School did a poor job. The system didn't work right and we ended up having the Pentair warranty company come and set up everything right. 4. They offer a $200 referral fee, and admitted that we earned it, but have never sent it and haven't returned phone calls about it. In fact, I was about ready to give them a really low rating here because of it, but finally relented because based on the price of the project as a whole, a $200 issue isn't worth downrating them. Desert Springs, if you are reading this, will you please get off your butt and send the $200??? 5. I would recommend avoiding two things with your Vegas pool: First, the in-ground popups are costly but are surprisingly ineffective at moving the dust that settles on the bottom. Maybe if I had twice as many, it would work better. I bought a robot and together with the popups, my pool is very clean -- I just thought I wouldn't need a robot if I had the popups. The popups do, however, circulate the water very well. Second, the 1' deep sunning area may prove useful later on, but right now it is a PITA to clean, since the popups are ineffective and the robot won't go into water that shallow.

Description of Work
Design and build pool and spa with natural stone waterfall, natural stone edging, and travertine paver patio.

03/28/2014

Van C.

They did an excellent job. We like them and we would highly recommend them to folks that want a ground pool from scratch. They met their schedules. They were very involved in making sure things were correct. They worked very well with the inspectors to get things done on a timely fashion so the construction never stopped. They did a follow-up service with us on something that we wanted done. They did an excellent job of the landscaping as well. We were happy across the board with the way they did things. The customer service was very good. They did turn us over to a new group for doing pool cleaning up and servicing.

Description of Work
We used Desert Springs Pools & Spas Inc to put our pool in and to do some landscaping in our backyard.

12/08/2013

Janet E.

Our backyard was just dirt and Desert Springs Pools and Landscaping transformed it into a beautiful backyard. The pool and landscape designers, contractors, supervisors and all of the employees we dealt with were so helpful and professional. They each had expertise in their area and were always willing to help and answer any questions we had. The work was done in a timely manner and it's just gorgeous. We get so many compliments on the design and as new residents to the community, we're so glad we found this company. Thank you, Desert Springs!

Description of Work
Designed and installed our pool and landscaping.

09/23/2013

Linda F.

No problems to speak of at all with this company. All people involved in the above areas were knowledgable, on time working as quickly as possible. The only problem was on our part because we described the problem to be one thing and it turned out to be completely different that's where their knowledge was great. Our neighbor also used this company to put in a pool and are very pleased as they too never had a pool till this one they found the employee who schedules service to be one of the nicest persons they have dealt with and his knowledge of startup information & pools in general was so valuable to us and when we have called with " newbie" questions he is very courteous & takes the time to go over probably small to him but big to us questions thanks Matt

Description of Work
Pool service, scheduling, remodeling & instructions on startup

08/20/2013

robert S.

wanted to discuss pool and backyard. salesperson acted as if he was too busy to really service us. not very helpful. we forced the conversation to get the information we required and left.

Description of Work
visited, general discussion with sales rep

07/22/2013

Ashley G.

The actual guys who come out and do the work are very nice, very helpful, and do a great job. They were also right on schedule for when they said they would be done so that was a plus. But the people in charge at the main office are rude on the phone and I have hated working with them. My husband and I have also had a horrible experience with Desert Springs Pools. We have had to explain the plans to every construction crew that has come to our house because the foreman in charge has given them all the wrong plans. We seriously have to go out there every time we see workers and explain everything they planned on doing is not accurate, then draw it out for them to make sure they know what the new plans were supposed to look like. Imagine the frustration of doing that for every crew after you just gave this company $40,000. What's the point of sitting down for an hour with the designer to revise the plans when they are going to just throw them away?? Not to mention we had to call the company two-three times a day every day for two weeks to get the deposit of $2,000 they promised us for our HOA and GO FIGURE we ended up just paying it with our own money because they gave us the run around and I was SICK OF IT!!

Description of Work
Pool installation

07/05/2013

James S.

Let yu know when the work is complete.

Description of Work
Desert Springs is designing the landscaping for our back yard and performing maintenance on the front yard

06/20/2013

Conrad T.

I gave this company an A, because overall, the pool is exactly what we imagined and paid for. Be prepared for an extremely long wait though. Originally was quoted 8-10 weeks for completion, and it actually took 4 months. I'm not too worried about the time frame, but these are items I believe that should be disclosed from the beginning. Pool operates and functions perfect. My only main issue was the lack of response and communication. I had to constantly call for updates, but in the end, Terry is good at her job and always knew what was going on. Bravo to Ron Stewart and his team of professionals, because every aspect from the pool, to landscaping, to the palapa was excellent! I'm very satisfied.

Description of Work
Designed and installed a pool for our backyard.

04/30/2013

Roy C.

He showed up for five minutes and arrived late. He was rude and abrupt. Without providing us with information, he said that he had to go and would call us. He never called or got back to us.

Description of Work
He came out for an estimate for our pool.

04/23/2013

edward G.

went bad overall started out good then went down hill

Description of Work
they built a pool and spa

Category swimming pools