DESERT HOME ELECTRIC INC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since May 2006

8635 W SAHARA AVE #441

Las Vegas, NV 89117

For quicker response – please contact by phone. 10% Military Discount...

03/01/2021

Barbara G.

the Tech Gabriel, came on time. After checking the outlet and finding nothing wrong, he then checked the circuit breaker, finding quite a few wires loose, then tightened them. Replaced the outlet.

Description of Work
We thought it was outlet behind stove for microware oven.

12/05/2020

Arpy J.

worker came and found out the GFCI outlet was behind a shelving unit in the garage because the other one in the bathroom did not reset it--after one week of trying to fix the outage via circuit breaker box and GFCI outlet, I called them--took less than one hour to find the problem--visit was $125 plus $80 tech fee per hour--cost me $205, but at least I don't have to use a candle or flashlight to take a shower or put on my makeup anymore--now, I know where the GFCI outlet is

Description of Work
all fans and lights in all 3 baths were out for a whole week

11/26/2020

edward H.

Outstanding. The tech arrived and evaluated what was needed to complete the installations. Then discussed requirements and 2 changes. OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE!!!!

Description of Work
Lighting installation in ceiling in living room and laundry room.

Category lighting, ceiling fans

10/27/2020

Todd S.

I did not use this company. I chose to use Penny Electric instead. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Smoke detectors replaced, replace outdoor security light.

Category lighting

10/02/2020

John B.

After thirteen years, all of the home detectors began to beep. Replacement of batteries failed to reset. Removing batteries and turning off power to system (recommended by manufacturer) also failed to reset indicators. New detectors had different wire harnesses than old system and required total rewiring. I called Desert Home Electric, and the company rep gave me a price and offered to do the work the same day. The electrician arrived on time , checked the extant wiring system for the alarms, and completed the rewiring quickly using the new detectors I had purchased. There have been no problems since the repair.

Description of Work
Replacement of all home smoke detectors

09/22/2020

Angela F S.

Great, The Circuit Breaker Switch Took Less Than 5 Minutes To Install, The Technician Was Professional & Mindful of The Property, He Took Several Measurements For The Chandelier/ Light Replacement Will Need A Scaffle Lift Bc It's Going Up in a High Foyer Cathedral Cealing Still Awaiting Cost Of Estimate & Circuit Breaker Was $175 To Replace Will Recommend This Company .

Description of Work
Circuit Breaker Swich Rrplaced & Estimate For Sefinn 4 3 Flush Mount Sphere Chanderlier Installment

06/20/2020

Linda D.

They were totally professional from beginning to end. I was given an estimate by Steve and the work was performed by Gabriel. On the day of service, Gabriel called because he ran into a problem on the earlier assignment and he wanted me to know he might be late for my 9-11 window. He still made it be 10:47, He explained exactly what he was going to be able to do and he did it! The work was perfect! I will definitely be hiring them to change out some light fixtures next month!

Description of Work
I needed an outlet in my garage for a tankless water heater,

06/10/2020

jeff B.

came over for visit-never issued a quote

Description of Work
electrical outlets and wiring

Category ceiling fans

06/02/2020

karen W.

it went great, my electrician came, replaced the ballast,checked to make sure it was working and was done in about 20 minutes.

Description of Work
i had a ballast replaced in one of my light fixtures in my garage

Category lighting

04/04/2020

kenneth V.

They did a great job we're on time and then take him too long

Description of Work
put in an electrical switch for me

Category electrician, phone wiring

03/25/2020

Frank N.

Well done. Fast response to inquiry. Competitive quote. Job done a few days later. On time. Professional. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Install outside outlets.

03/05/2020

Bryan F.

he told me it would be over $55 to fix, which was way to much, then proceeded to charge me $150 for showing up, which wasn't disclosed to me over the phone, if it was I would have canceled the visit. ( highway robbery)

Description of Work
Two exterior outlets needed power

Category electrician

Good Morning [Member Name Removed]- I believe you may have us mixed up with another company. We show no record of doing work at your home. Would you please double check your invoice and confirm the company name? Thank you.

03/03/2020

Rosalind S.

Very Well, was pleased with everything, neat and professional Thank you

Description of Work
Lights installed in the backyard, turn on/off switch installed in the home

12/11/2019

Dana C.

Perfection. Steve called with an estimate based on footage of the project from the electrcal box to where the hot tub would be situated. 3 days later his 2 man crew showed up and did a top drawer job of installing the wiring with a promise to return to complete the hard wire procedure.

Description of Work
Needed 240 wiring installed for hot tub installation.

09/10/2019

ryan B.

We had ceiling fans added in two of our bedrooms. Electricians were friendly, and punctual. They kept the area clean. Would definitely use again for future projects!

Description of Work
Ceiling Fan Installation

06/12/2019

TOM M.

Initial quote was $350 for mounting a ceiling fan and replacing 2 exhaust fan motors - no duct work. Labor only. Called them back a day later to add replacing 2 more exhaust fan motors for a total of 4 exhaust fan motors. Did not give me a new estimate over the phone. I provided the ceiling fan and 4 exhaust fan motors with attached plastic fan. On the date of the job, 1 electrician spent 1.5 hours at my property to complete all items. Electrician performing the job did not mention the extra $225 for the job. 6 Days later $575 charge appeared on my credit card. Still no communication with me about changed price. I will be disputing the additional charge with my credit card company.

Description of Work
Mounted a ceiling fan, removed and replaced 4 exhaust fan motors - no duct work.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

I’m sorry you did not have a good experience with our service. From my records we did quote you the additional cost. But I would like to avoid any debate over this. This was all done verbally over the phone so nothing in writing- which means no one wins a debate over what was said one way or the other. So what I want to do is give you a 15% rebate (A check for $86.25) plus a gift certificate for another $50.00. This will be mailed to you. I hope you try us out again. Thanks- Steve

05/10/2019

GARY B.

They tried to sell me the most expensive intercom system without telling me about alternatives I could get that I could get. I put that on hold and then I asked for a quote on security cameras, they tried to sell me on 7 cameras to cover the whole house, again that would be to expensive. I began to drag my feet on doing the job because I wanted to learn more about these cameras,after I cancelled a couple of meetings the owner named Steve got on the phone and gave me a hard time about these cancellations, I told them I did not want their service after that. I am a 71 year old man who lacks knowledge of electrical work and I feel they were trying to take advantage me for those reasons. Thank You Gary Bauman

Description of Work
i wanted security cameras put in and a new intercom put in

Category electrician

I think we have several misunderstandings going on here. Let me address each one. 1) "Most expensive intercom" we offer one intercom only. We do not offer "choices" we want to install something we can stand behind. What we offer is based on years of experience and a track record of good service. 2) "Sell you on 7 cameras" We do not sell cameras- just wiring for your cameras. You told me at the time that Best Buy was working with you- so maybe the problem with the cameras was with them? But it was definitely not with us. 3) "Gave me a hard time about cancelations" Our Company deals with cancelations and rescheduling all of the time. So it is not a big issue with us. My only memory of our conversation was that you were going to meet with a camera guy again- and I said "let's not schedule another trip until you have it finalized with camera locations." 4) "Take advantage of me" [Member Name Removed] we have done other jobs for you over the years. We love working with seniors. We have a great reputation all the way around. I have been doing this job for 45 years- 22 in Las Vegas. To make the comment we are trying to "take advantage" of you is just not fair- and hard to defend. All I can do is fall back on our excellent scores year after year w/ Angie's List. To wrap this up- I am sorry that things did not work out between us. I am sending you a $50.00 gift certificate that you can save for an emergency or give away to a friend or family member. I hope you use it. Thanks- Steve.

03/25/2019

Duane S.

its hard to find qualified electricians and Juan knew what he was doing. so happy to find this business.

Description of Work
address light repaired and doorbell fixed

01/28/2019

James K.

I spoke to Steve on the phone about my problem. He tried to solve the problem on the phone with some ideas to reset the circuit breaker. But, the circuit breaker needed replacement. Dave showed up at the agreed time. He took ten minutes to replace the breaker and check the circuit. Dave was professional and courteous. Will use again.

Description of Work
Replace a circuit breaker

11/27/2018

Allen M.

Super good service. Prompt call and genuine care to assist me with my electrical problem. Thank you.

Description of Work
Trouble Shoot Electricial Issues

11/26/2018

Karen M.

Came out 11/14 and went over work. Said would send bid in a week. Still not heard back

Description of Work
Multiple electrical changes

11/13/2018

Lauren B.

Excellent. Called first thing Monday morning and described our issue to Ryan. He said the owner (Steve) was on the phone and will call me back shortly. He called back within fifteen minutes and scheduled an electrician to be at our house between noon and 2 pm that day. Received a call from the electrician (Ociel) a little after noon saying he will be at our house in about 30 minutes. He arrived about 30 minutes later and I described the problem and the steps I had taken. Ociel fully understood the issue and proceeded to trouble shoot the entire circuit from one end of the house to the other. In about an hour, he was able to determine where the short was, made all necessary repairs and “button-up” all switches, plates and panels. Additionally, he was putting up with my questions and instructing me on what steps he was taking from beginning to end. Great service, professional electrician and a fair price.

Description of Work
Trouble shoot a tripping circuit breaker

09/25/2018

Ian C.

On time. Reasonable rate. Professional. A handyman did an electrical receptacle 1-2 years ago; every time something gets plugged in, it'll trip. A couple of other problems like this. David from this company came out. Fixed them all. Yes, about an hour of work (including travel time about 2). $200 is well worth it for me. ($175 but I gave him gratuity.) Will never hire a handyman for electrical work again no matter how simple they are.

Description of Work
trouble shooting electrical receptacles

Category electrician

Good Comments-Thanks! Handyman service is good for a lot of repairs, but not electrical. We know because we repair a lot of problems that were the result of a handyman being in over their head. Thanks again!

09/20/2018

Kathryn M.

Tech gave sound advice to change to LED lighting

Description of Work
Kitchen ceiling light

Category electrician, lighting

09/15/2018

Pamela W.

First, we were thrilled that Desert Home was able to do the estimate over the phone. Carlos was extremely professional. Work was done neatly, quickly, and properly. The two areas were cleaned so well you would never know anyone was here. We are extremely pleased and will definitely be calling again.

Description of Work
Install a new outlet along the outside of the house and install 30 amp service for our motorhome

Category electrician

We really appreciate the nice write up. The comment about cleaning is really at the top of our list. I know there are a lot of good electricians out there, but no one protects a customer's home / property better than Desert Home Electric. It is extremely important that customers know they can trust someone to come into their home and take care of it. Thanks-Steve